Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8123280 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2817) (2818) (2819) (2820) (2821) (2822) (2823) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:03am On Feb 24, 2017
Nimi22:
Good morning house. Pls i have a couple of questions, help a ftm.
Is it normal not to feel pregnant at this time? I'm just 5wks 1day? I just feel menstrual like pain sometimes and tiredness, can sleep 3 straight hrs during the day.
When is the best time to start ANC?
When do i have my first scan?
How safe is having sex?
Pls make una help me put mouth don't jump and pass. Thanks.
1. Yeah it's normal, enjoy it cuz in few weeks you won't be able to remember what it feels like to feel normal again.
2. Menstrual-like pain, tiredness and sleep is normal at this stage too, you are already feeling pregnant nah.
3. You can start ANC at 12 weeks, you can actually start now at a private hospital if you like. Also start taking your folic acid now cuz it's most needed at the earliest stages.
4. You can get your first scan anytime from 6 weeks-12 weeks.
5. Sex is ok as long as you don't have any prior history or notice any weird symptoms like spotting after it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 9:20am On Feb 24, 2017
@Yesitsme. May Allah ease your labour and make it your source of joy. We await your BS

Fruitfulbliss:
Ha! No mama welcomed me back, where r my oct mamas hope d ms is not too serious o, me i cant even explain d one dat is doing me, God will definitely see us tru
Sorry for that, Abeg no vex madam, i give u the best welcome hug ever. welcome to the supernatural pregnancy group. Other October mama will come and say hello to you soon.

Nimi22:
Is it normal not to feel pregnant at this time? I'm just 5wks 1day? I just feel menstrual like pain sometimes and tiredness, can sleep 3 straight hrs during the day.
How safe is having sex?

Is it normal not to feel pregnant at this time? I'm just 5wks 1day?
Yes, it is normal for someone to feel pregnant sometimes and not to some other times. Morning sickness is just coming in. I pray its stressfree for us all.
Fatigue is normal during this early stage of pregnancy as your body is going through a lot of changes.

As a first time mum, if you dont have any complication, it is advisable to register in the early second trimester. that's within the 4th month or thereabout.

You can have your first scan as soon as possible or wait till you are registering ante-natal as it is one of the prerequisites

How safe is having sex?
If there are no complications like bleeding or pain, then sex is very safe. you might just not like it during the 1st trimester but can discuss it out with your partner to use other methods or ways to reduce tension

Abeg, other senior mamas come answer our new sister oooo. as i just give small response to read as she dey await your straight to the point answers.

Abeg, sabi mama's, wetin i fit use for this cough wey hold me serious since 3 days now...I have used bennylin but still no gree me oooo

Pushing mamas, how dey go , dey go. Hope kpekus ministry no dey stop..........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yesitsme(f): 9:41am On Feb 24, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yesitsme(f): 9:42am On Feb 24, 2017
4cm and rolling.... porting to team Feb pls cappo I have to take a bow out.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 10:03am On Feb 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
Update
so I saw mucus plug last night and this morning saw the large chunk of it. Contraction has intensified with waist pain, stomach as hard as a rock. Heading to hospital.
NB the midwives said baby can be born anytime from 7months so always get your things ready and rush to hospital if u notice any change in your system.
maybe na twins u wan born ooo cus I heard twins comes early grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2017
Giddyperson and ToyosiR thanks for the response.
Fruitfulbliss not welcoming you wasn't intentional o pls. Welcome teamie. Stressful and rewarding 9 months for us. Cappo will soon come and include your name.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 11:34am On Feb 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
She sells baby things in hospitals. we went to her house
ok
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 11:36am On Feb 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
Update
so I saw mucus plug last night and this morning saw the large chunk of it. Contraction has intensified with waist pain, stomach as hard as a rock. Heading to hospital.
NB the midwives said baby can be born anytime from 7months so always get your things ready and rush to hospital if u notice any change in your system.
Waow...from 7 mnths ...dats 28 wks ...anyway d lord is ur strength...it will end in praise in Jesus name amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fruitfulbliss: 11:37am On Feb 24, 2017
Nimi22:
Fruitfulbliss thanks a bunch. I eat normally though and take my prenatals.

Then u will b just fine, God will continue to strengthen us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fruitfulbliss: 11:45am On Feb 24, 2017
@ToyosiR and Nimi22 tanx for d warm welcome i feel more @home now, as for d cough dont wori it will go soon, sabi will soon tell u wat to do.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 11:49am On Feb 24, 2017
callola:
yes we are fine and no I didn't announce it. My bs will be in march
OK dear congrats
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fattamyfattamy: 11:56am On Feb 24, 2017
Good morning mama's,,i will be 8month by nxt month.nd am already avin serious contraction.pls is it normal?secondly,when should i stop calcium?pls sabi mamas dont just read and bypass.It's urgent.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nimi22:
How safe is having sex?
Even though I be jjc but I think its normal, am also 5wks 5days and I realise since d beginning of dis week have been feeling nauseated all through d day especially when hungry and tiredness no get part2+ bobby don increase though I be breastina before so I think it all depend on our body system

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firstpregnancy: 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
realdentist:

Placenta can be anterior (in front wall of womb) or posterior (back wall). The best position for baby to be in while coming out is his face towards your spine and the back of his head towards the front of ur womb, ie face down.
Like the name implies, menstrual-like pain are lower abdominal cramps as if u're on ur period

Thanks ma . pls what is the position you described up there called ? cephalic?

The menstrual -like pain? I am team march
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2017
Fruitfulbliss:
Ha! No mama welcomed me back, where r my oct mamas hope d ms is not too serious o, me i cant even explain d one dat is doing me, God will definitely see us tru.
@yesitsme God will go b4 after u, victory is urs Ijn, we await ur gud news.
Welcome teamie may your stay be fruitful in Jesus name,you will carry to term and deliver with ease
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fruitfulbliss: 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Welcome teamie may your stay be fruitful in Jesus name,you will carry to term and deliver with ease

Amen, tanx maam, God bless u 4 d prayers, so shall it be for us all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Elixir123: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nimi22:
How safe is having sex?

Hello @Nimi22 first off,congrats ma'am. Its perfectly normal not to feel preggie at this time ,count yourself fortunate and enjoy the moment while it lasts of course .lol
Menstrual like feelings are normal and is as a result of all the changes in your uterus with the foetus.So long as you don't have painful cramps that make you bend over in pain or bleeding ,you will be fine .
You can have your first private scan at 6 wks,this is to rule out ectopic .If you want to detect a heartbeat ,you could have a transvaginal
Anc can be anytime after your bfp but if you have a company HMO ,it will be from your 12th week and that's perfectly OK.
Sex for now ,pls no but you can satisfy hubby in other ways hmm
Stay relaxed OK and continue taking your prenatal vitamins .
A lack of symptoms don't mean Jack.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Elixir123: 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
Fruitfulbliss ,welcome teamie !! No vex for us oo
# team October for healthy 9months
Cappo@ pweetybabe abeg do roll call let's put our edd there and know ourselves better ,thanks ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yesitsme(f): 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yesitsme(f): 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2017
The Lord fulfilled his promise My lil angel Phoebe Nzube is here @35wks weighing 2.5kg by 1:45pm

56 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rollykotex: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
congrats ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dadsonval(f): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
The Lord fulfilled his promise
My lil angel Phoebe Nzube is here
@35wks weighing 2.5kg by 1:45pm
congratulations!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
Waoh! Congratulations darl. May God's name be praised forever!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
Congrats dear,may d Lord bless n keep her!Thank God for safe delivery!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
congratulations dear I thought it will be tripple grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
Elixir123:
Fruitfulbliss ,welcome teamie !! No vex for us oo
# team October for healthy 9months
Cappo@ pweetybabe abeg do roll call let's put our edd there and know ourselves better ,thanks ma.
Will do DAT ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by porsche2014: 2:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
Gdaft all. Pls someone shd help me out on this, i am 17 weeks pregnant and I hv nt felt any kick since I entered the second trimester. I do feel movements in my first trimester bt since the 13th week began I hv nt felt anytn. morning sickness is stl there bt nt as pronounced as it ws in the first trimester. I went for ANC last wk bt notin mch ws said abt it, the doc jst said I shdnt worry. pls advice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 2:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
Congratulations mama may she be a blessing to her generations in Jesus name
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Elixir123: 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
Congrats @Yesitsme!! We thank God for easy and safe delivery! Kisses to your princess.
Pls o,is it OK to take five alive citrus burst cos I know it has lime in it? Sabi mamas abeg chook mouth o
I'm still in first trimester
Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sholai(f): 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
congrats dear

Yesitsme:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
porsche2014:
Gdaft all. Pls someone shd help me out on this, i am 17 weeks pregnant and I hv nt felt any kick since I entered the second trimester. I do feel movements in my first trimester bt since the 13th week began I hv nt felt anytn. morning sickness is stl there bt nt as pronounced as it ws in the first trimester. I went for ANC last wk bt notin mch ws said abt it, the doc jst said I shdnt worry. pls advice
The doctor should have atleast checked the heartbeat or even done a scan to convince you. 4 weeks is a long time to stay wondering if your baby is ok or not, try to get a scan on your own. Me I didn't feel any movement or kicks until about 16 weeks I think, some people feel it later than that, so you might just be worrying over nothing

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yesitsme:
Wow that was fast, congrats and kisses to the little one

(1) (2) (3) ... (2817) (2818) (2819) (2820) (2821) (2822) (2823) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ifecotech22 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.