Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3049) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8121434 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 5:56pm On May 07, 2017
Wait. You were chewing Maggi? shocked
Naomi14:
Nothing worked perfectly! I threw up at least once a day until 37weeks thereabout cry early trimester Maggi cubes kinda reduced the nausea a bit lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 5:57pm On May 07, 2017
zaynie:
Keep it coming mamas.... kiss

Tested and Trusted MS stoppers
1. Agbalumo
2. Peppermint
3. Fox's ginger biscuit

I didn't have MS as in nausea but hot Lipton or green tea usually helped my brain arrange itself those days!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 07, 2017
Yaaaaaay Congrats teamie! Am just seeing this
nikkishola:
B. A
All glory and adoration to Almighty God! I welcome my princess today 6th May, @ 9:25am, weighing 3.9kg. BS coming soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 6:01pm On May 07, 2017
Ugh. Triggered! That statement used to piss me off,
And he'll say it in that his quiet calm voice
Giddyperson:

My doctor would say 'pain is a part of pregnancy'. As long as baby movements are same as before, just wait it out.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mrking3(m): 6:08pm On May 07, 2017
Liftedhands:
Give her 7up or lucozade.
Plain rice or pasta without sauce or you could slice fresh tomatoes for her to eat it with.

Boiled chicken.
Peppersoup without the mix just add pepper and scent leaf.
Banana
Bread
Crackers.

Don't offer her any medication it's best her system rids itself of the bug.

Go see a doctor if you notice any of the below
Skin chills.
Blood in stool or vomit.
Fever or feverish feeling.
Vomiting or stooling up to 10 times in 24hrs.
Stomach pain that doesnt ease up after using the toilet.

She doesnt need to eat much at a time, just a little should be enough to enable her take her drugs.
Finally let her rest her feet up and get quality sleep.

Sorry sir for your own symptom I guess your body is being a sympathetic pregnant father Lolz grin it happens.
thank you so much !! Actually her case isn't as serious as diarrhea!! No fever, No blood in stool or vomit. Though she vomited couple of times yesterday with little or no stool till last night when I made noodles for dinner. I gave her some slice of mangoes and water melon yesterday. She only vomited once this morning but has used the toilet like thrice today. Though she has had some sleep now and feels a bit better....... So will prepare the plain rice now and get her lucozade and 7up as you suggested... I noticed she's selective now. Doesn't want anything at this point. Even the boiled chicken is a NO for her!!! Asking what exactly do you want to eat? Only to get a big NO after suggestion.. Chai!!!!!! pregnancy is indeed another phase of life.... All women need to be adored at this point. God bless all you pregnant women!!! Its not easy!!!! Except the man is closed to the wife he won't know what the lady is passing through. Thanks dear!! Will keep you posted.

28 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:17pm On May 07, 2017

1. Agbalumo
2. Peppermint
3. Fox's ginger biscuit
4. Garden egg
5. Sometimes nothing really works embarassed
6. Good sleep
7. Yellow cream crackers
8. Maggi cubes cheesy
9. Orbit
10. Fresh air
11. Lipton tea
12. Green tea
#WSMS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 6:22pm On May 07, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Ugh. Triggered! That statement used to piss me off,
And he'll say it in that his quiet calm voice
Lol I know
Me: The other day I was feeling this intense pain in my lower stomach, it was so terrible.
Him: Are you still feeling it.
Me: No but it was so bad, I want to know what caused it.
Him: You want me to tell you why you are in pain?
Me: yes
Him: You are pregnant. Pain is part of pregnancy grin Any other complaints?

I can't believe how many times I fell for this exact conversation. So annoying

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 6:22pm On May 07, 2017
zaynie:
CoughCoughCough
All TeamCaptains report to the account room for remmitance angry
Bring along your register and account book...
We must do balance sheet today.

Cc
TeamMay....you don escape as una don almost born finish sef
TeamJune....who be una captain sef?
TeamJuly.....
TeamAugust
TeamSeptember
TeamOctober..... Be like dem get small ginger.... Just small o lipsrsealed
TeamNovember
TeamDecember

In the spirit of bringing the shy newbies out.
Let's play WSMS.... WhatStoppedmyMorningSickness.

For me, it was agbalumo. I sucked on it all day everyday and it saved me from embarrassing retching in public.
Also early morning crackers.....
Oya o.... I know today is Sunday, una wey no go church or Asalatu (bad shildrren) come out o....

OH no! Zaynie this is not good... I want this agbalumo embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 6:27pm On May 07, 2017
mrking3:
thank you so much !! Actually her case isn't as serious as diarrhea!! No fever, No blood in stool or vomit. Though she vomited couple of times yesterday with little or no stool till last night when I made noodles for dinner. I gave her some slice of mangoes and water melon yesterday. She only vomited once this morning but has used the toilet like thrice today. Though she has had some sleep now and feels a bit better....... So will prepare the plain rice now and get her lucozade and 7up as you suggested... I noticed she's selective now. Doesn't want anything at this point. Even the boiled chicken is a NO for her!!! Asking what exactly do you want to eat? Only to get a big NO after suggestion.. Chai!!!!!! pregnancy is indeed another phase of life.... All women need to be adored at this point. God bless all you pregnant women!!! Its not easy!!!! Except the man is closed to the wife he won't know what the lady is passing through. Thanks dear!! Will keep you posted.
Aww worried husband, too cute wink

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 6:50pm On May 07, 2017
queeniejay:
Please mother's in the house I have a question oh.
Am a first time mum and the journey has not been easy but it's really worth it shaa.... Am in my 37th week. Will be 38wks on Monday....EDD is today 7th... Yesterday I woke up strong and even went to work but when i got to the office I couldn't even sit cos my waist and lower abdomen was on fire...And the lower left part of my stomach was like breathing. So I went home and after resting nd sleeping for sometime I felt better but towards evening the pains came back again with fever this time so I had to go to the hospital where i registered and after the nurse checked me she said its labor but it's not serious yet that the cervix just opened a little that i should go home get my things ready and when it becomes serious that I should come back but surprised that since yesterday till now.... Seems the little one isn't eager to come out again.
Mothers abeg is it normal cos am beginning to get worried.

do some exercise to activate the labour. can't wait to hear you labour story oohh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 6:53pm On May 07, 2017
Benignasweety:
4D scan u mean abi normal 2D scan we know?

Is it in a black and white colour stuff? address too wld be appreciated...

It's in black & white & very accurate. I believe you have the address now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 07, 2017
imurboss:

It's in black & white & very accurate. I believe you have the address now
Maama, mek I no lie eh, I didnt understand d address o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 6:56pm On May 07, 2017
for me,what really reduced the ms was boiled fresh ginger.I keep sipping the water until I feel better.I wanted agbalumo too but someone said it causes miscarriage in early pregnancy so I avoided it.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 7:04pm On May 07, 2017
Congratulations to all the may mamas that have birthed their los & to the remaining may mamas, God will see you through.

I started antenatal yesterday & I asked the doc lots of questions & told him I still don't believe. Doc asked us to run another scan there & then just to be sure. We did, and it was confirmed that I'm officially mama ejima, he advised I do FP after this( before nko). While we were on the scan, I asked doc to check if they were identical, the man was just laughing at me say see this jjc. Wait till you deliver before you know if they're identical, they're both active & doing well. I give all glory to God

27 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 7:09pm On May 07, 2017
Benignasweety:
Maama, mek I no lie eh, I didnt understand d address o.

The street is around gbagada general hospital, once u're around the general hospital it's not difficult to locate if u ask for direction. I can even give u the sonographer's no if u need it so u call & ask for direction too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 7:13pm On May 07, 2017
Some of the things that worked for me was the yellow crackers biscuit,I take that early in the morning & I'm good for the day. Then carrots & sometimes I take mangoes then at other times I take chilled water

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 07, 2017
imurboss:

The street is around gbagada general hospital, once u're around the general hospital it's not difficult to locate if u ask for direction. I can even give u the sonographer's no if u need it so u call & ask for direction too
That wld be better ma....

Mommi Zaynie, I only experienced ms in my first pregnancy and what helped me was sleeping it off and when am awake, am sucking on bitterkola in my mouth, it eased and eventually stopped my spitting habit earlier dan d normal 12weeks we think ms should be rounding up...

My cappo say make we say Hi... Tiwatopebam, I have done my part o

#TEAM JUNE FOR KIA KIA DELIVERY,
#TEAM NO LOSS!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ariegurl(f): 7:21pm On May 07, 2017
Burntcoal:

tanks God bless
u can add Astyfer too. works like magic
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ftmum: 7:24pm On May 07, 2017
mrking3:
Hello everyone! I'm actually a guy following this beautiful thread. Though I have advised my wife to sign up on Nairaland so she can be active here. Well, that's by the way. She's in her 13th week of pregnancy and through out the first trimester, she haven't witnessed any form of morning sickness or whatever! So just yesterday, she started stooling and vomiting. I thought it was as a result of the noodles I prepared coz I added little ginger, sardine fresh pepper and other spice... But she's been stooling and vomiting seriously! Also feels weak. Pls is it advisable to get her lucozade boost or any energy drink so she could regain some strength? I'm seriously disturbed. Pls what can I prepare for her to eat to enable her take her routine drugs? Pls those with similar experience kindly help. Between, I noticed I've been stooling also. Lols

Please sir , let her go to the hospital first. Cos it happened to me also , I was vomiting and purging when I was around 27 ,weeks, it was because of the rice I ,took, it had an effect on ,me, I was rushed to the hospital very early in the morning cos I had vomited and purge like over 9 times before day break. When I got to the hospital , I was given drip cos I had lost ,water, I had no strength , I was weak , then I was given injection to stop the vomiting and purging.

When I had regain my strength I was made to do scan to know how my little baby was doing.

The doctor even said I was lucky to have been brought in the morning , if I had ,waited, I could have a pre term labour. Well thanks to God.

So bottom line is that please take her to the hospital.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 7:25pm On May 07, 2017
I didn't really have ms until week 11 and 12, by 13th I became myself again. But to reduce the tiredness that came with the extra bump I always had a bottle of Lucozade standby.
But I stayed away from anything spicy cos it made me throw up by meer looking at it.
Congrats to may mamas dropping it like it's hot

June Mamas
Hope you all are ready....
I am praying for you all
#Teamnoloss#

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kingharzyz(m): 7:39pm On May 07, 2017
Hello mama in the house, been a while congratulations to the new mothers. Quick one, I name my lo after my late dad his name are Sa'ad, Olamide, Abiola, Olakunle, Owen and I also gave him an Igbo name Odirachukwu because I want him to associate himself with good people from the East.
It has been joy so far Lo can eat alot he also has a store in mouth the most challenging part is that he wouldn't sleep at night, me,my wife and my mum don turn vigilante big time.
it's a wonderful experience.
cc Giddyperson
cc Naomi14

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 7:46pm On May 07, 2017
#Orbit oo

Don't knw if I had Ms sef cox I never vomited, I only threw saliva sparingly...but during those early weeks, orbit was my pal.

In other news saw blood on my tissue after visiting the lo twice today, checked google and saw that it wasn't something serious. Just have to increase my fibre I take n.my water intake too.

Thank God for google o, if not na here I been wan run come ask o.

Happy Sunday family.

Wish all the May momas safe delivery, other momas, the Lord is our strength o, it will be easy for all of us

#TeamSeptember for Swift, supernatural and easy delivery with no loss.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tiwatopebam(f): 7:57pm On May 07, 2017
we are more than ready oo, starting from may ending self, June mamas will be dropping their BA . Team no loss
Roseey0:
I didn't really have ms until week 11 and 12, by 13th I became myself again. But to reduce the tiredness that came with the extra bump I always had a bottle of Lucozade standby.
But I stayed away from anything spicy cos it made me throw up by meer looking at it.
Congrats to may mamas dropping it like it's hot

June Mamas
Hope you all are ready....
I am praying for you all
#Teamnoloss#

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tikosdear(f): 8:06pm On May 07, 2017
Mama Zayine what actually reduced my Ms was garden egg, thank God for garden egg o, I had garden egg in every area of my house and it was always in my bag o. Cappo of Team October and other team members I hail Una o, how market? Hope ms has left everyone? I have been praying to God for a baby girl cos I already have a boy, to the glory of God Almighty, he answered my prayers o, I am so so happy cos after this belly, I don hang boot o, pregnancy no be beans o. I wish everyone safe Delivery and those that have given birth, Congrats o.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 8:09pm On May 07, 2017
zaynie:

1. Agbalumo
2. Peppermint
3. Fox's ginger biscuit
4. Garden egg
5. Sometimes nothing really works embarassed
6. Good sleep
7. Yellow cream crackers
8. Maggi cubes cheesy
9. Orbit
10. Fresh air
#WSMS
sour slappy foods/drinks like agbalumo, soursop, spicy bitterleaf soup, ofe nsala grin but all worked temporarily sad But it seems to have eased up considerably now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by julicoka(f): 8:15pm On May 07, 2017
Good evening all mama's in the house hope everybody are doing well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nana228(f): 8:29pm On May 07, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 8:33pm On May 07, 2017
Benignasweety:
That wld be better ma....

Mommi Zaynie, I only experienced ms in my first pregnancy and what helped me was sleeping it off and when am awake, am sucking on bitterkola in my mouth, it eased and eventually stopped my spitting habit earlier dan d normal 12weeks we think ms should be rounding up...

My cappo say make we say Hi... Tiwatopebam, I have done my part o

#TEAM JUNE FOR KIA KIA DELIVERY,
#TEAM NO LOSS!!!

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Burntcoal(f): 9:11pm On May 07, 2017
Ariegurl:
u can add Astyfer too. works like magic
I'm sorry wats astyfer. wat does it do
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 9:11pm On May 07, 2017
Congrats Ahnie and other mamas that have offloaded.

@ Zaynie, bitterkola and pepperfruit helped me alot

May mamas I wish you all safe delivery. Go and conquer

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:16pm On May 07, 2017
Wow! You guys really turned up for #WSMS kiss kiss kiss

So now if any newbie asks for solutions to MS we can tell her to go through our Sunday posts,she'll surely find something that works...

Let's keep it going on!! cheesy

Don't forget
PrayerMonday: pray as the spirit leads. Muslim and Christian... All join!
BumpyTuesday: flaunt your bumps. You can cut your face off the pics. We know most don't get to show off bumps on other social media platforms but we can afford to be faceless and anonymous here wink
Throwback pictures are welcomed to.
Photoshoot ideas are welcomed.
BIPWednesday : usually we just share what we get away with just cos we are/were pregnant. cheesy wink
FabulousFriday: we share fashion tips that helps us to manage this pregnancy 'beauty'. Makeup, maternity styles weight watchers, hair care.... Share what makes you pregnant and fabulous.
WSMSS: whatstoppedmymorningsicknesssunday: help the newbies chase off morning sickness.

Meanwhile feel free to share whatever might be of good to us(where's Iyomomoreloaded).
We learn everyday and you never can tell who you might be helping.
If you're in the health sector and qualified (doctor, nurse, pharmacist, midwife, sonographer,lab tech, dietician), kindly signify or be kind to chip in your own 2 cents when the need arises.

Good night ladies.
Sweet dreams kiss

36 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:17pm On May 07, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Wait. You were chewing Maggi? shocked

I dinor want it to seem like Na only me see am. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3046) (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.