Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3091) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122553 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3088) (3089) (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 3:59pm On May 24, 2017
curvilicious:
Good morning seniors, plz help I was at the hospital on Monday and the doc said pregnancy is only established after 21days of missed period. That he doesn't accept hpt or bpt
That i shld return on the 6th June for scan
How true abeg?
I'm seriously not feeling well
21 days? Haa sad this is new to me. Please go to another Dr preferably a gynaecologist/ fertility doctor. due to history of miscarriage and TTC I started seeing one at 6 weeks ( about a week after missed period) he placed me on gestone injections and cyclogest pessaries did a scan at 8 weeks and 12 weeks. To the Glory of God we are 17 weeks plus now and all is well.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 4:00pm On May 24, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
I got my second dose of TTT injection yesterday with malaria drug at 22. 5days pregnant. But immediately I took d malaria drug last night, it didn't stay 30mins before my system changed. I vomited shege. I have vomited twice today already and am very weak. Pls is it that I have malaria or the drug is just too powerful.
Pls help respond. Anyone experienced this?
CC: all mama's

I didn't experience throwing up,but I felt a little sick for about 2days. it was fansidar I was given. What malaria drug were you given ma.
Congratulations to folash , I am always so happy seeing my sisters from the ttc thread. You are welcome in the name of the Lord.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 4:00pm On May 24, 2017
curvilicious:

Mamas wry first me come u no nominate them, na me wey b jjc u dey call cappo i go bite u o
I don even nominate before now self, so as ur senior and PA to d senior chief account of this great family @ mama Zaynie......I here by nominate u again as team jan2017 cappo.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 4:05pm On May 24, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
I got my second dose of TTT injection yesterday with malaria drug at 22. 5days pregnant. But immediately I took d malaria drug last night, it didn't stay 30mins before my system changed. I vomited shege. I have vomited twice today already and am very weak. Pls is it that I have malaria or the drug is just too powerful.
Pls help respond. Anyone experienced this?
CC: all mama's
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 4:07pm On May 24, 2017
12 weeks but the restriction usually applies in general hospitals or HMO clients. They should see you on private grounds anytime

curvilicious:

I will change by next week
When does antenatal start plz? because me i wan travu o. I wan go my mama house where i can sit jaburata nd be sending messages
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by erne: 4:20pm On May 24, 2017
GHANA SHEA-BUTTER FOR SALE

- It is RAW;
- It is UNREFINED;
- It is GRADE A 100% Shea-Butter;
- It is made from the finest Shea seeds from Ghana.

IT TREATS THE FOLLOWING:

- Treats Dry skin, eczema, infant eczema, Rashes

- Treats dark spots, stretch mark , burns, lessens the irritation in psoriasis,

- Removes wrinkles, blemishes, Diaper rash, scars & skin discolorations;

- Moisturizes and Heals Skin - relieves symptoms of extreme dryness, eczema, dermatitis, athletic foot and skin allergies

- Anti-inflammatory Properties .Provides Pain relief from swelling and arthritis.

- It reliefs from cold and catarrh

- It is anti-aging; it slows down the aging process.

PRICE: #1,000. PER PACK.
TO PLACE YOUR ORDER(S), Call / WhatsApp: 08139458588.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 4:27pm On May 24, 2017
Thank you Cappo..and you too @jaysmama

phlakkeys:

We thank God for the miracle.
I dont think 2.1kg is too big for 32+weeks.
Your 30+weeks by LMP is mostly +/- 2weeks so the reason for the 32+weeks scan.
Other sabi mamas will torchlight the matter.
#TeamJulyforsupernaturalbreakthroughandhebrewwomendelivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by funmi4love(f): 4:32pm On May 24, 2017
This january mamas gidi gan o, the lord will perfect the good work he has started in your life............love you all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 4:33pm On May 24, 2017
Naomi14:
Pregnacare already has folic acid/calcium in it.
CC MiraclefromGod
You can take all the supplements, pregnacare doesn't contain Calcium, but it contains the RDA of folic acid 400mcg. Am guessing your Dh bought d 5mg folic acid?
I don't know if 5.4mg of folic acid is considered as "toxic" overdose, seeing that most doctors prescribe d 5mg dose. I am thinking d body takes what it needs and d excess is excreted .
Also more folic acid is needed if a woman is overweight!
When my pcv was low my doctor prescribed 5mg 2x daily.
A pregnant woman needs about 1000mg of calcium daily, but don't take d same time as ur other supplements.
Your doctor is always in the best position to advice appropriately

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 4:33pm On May 24, 2017
You can take Pregnacare and Folic Acid. Thats what I did. I wouldnt know about the Calcium as I started taking mine at 16weeks. People say Pregnacare already contains folic acid but most doctors agree that the FA in Pregnacare is usually not enough for growing fetuses so I would say take both but see your dokita before taking the Calcium

miraclefromGod:
Pls beautiful mummies in the house, I sent my dh to help me buy folic acid on his way home, the man bought the folic acid + pregnacare and calcitone (calcium) he said the pharmacist told him to buy the complete package. My question now is, is it not too early to start using all these? Pls your idea is needed...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 24, 2017
realtalk19:

climbing stairs and pelvic exercises
No step to climb... I go jex cuz of step begin enter bank everyday, climb up climb down, meet customer care, join queqe sef and process starts all over again... Dem no go know say I get plans grin
Next day I go carry BVN issue go or say I won open accnt... Brilliant idea!

Mummy Naomi14, our people say Onye Ajuju adighi efu uzor...(A questionaire no dey ever miss road) , So me no wan miss out on even d tiniest vaccine o, mah Zizi must fwesh!
Tnx Giddyperson, na ur own HMO fly pass grin

Kisses to ur loskiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GlamMrsO: 5:09pm On May 24, 2017
ToyosiR:
Greetings to all Mama.

How are we doing.

Please, i want to address one burning issue with our Muslim mama as we are expecting the month of fasting.

please read and digest.

Is fasting safe for my baby?
There's no clear answer. Despite research, we can't be sure that fasting is safe for you and your baby.

If you're pregnant, Islamic law doesn't require you to fast. You can make up missed fasts later, or do fidyah, which is a way of compensating for your missed fasts. For example, you could make a donation to a food bank.

However, if you wish to fast, it appears to be safer for you and your baby if you feel strong, and if your pregnancy's going well.

If you don't feel well enough to fast, or are worried about your health or your baby's wellbeing, talk to your GP or midwife and get a general health check before deciding to fast.

One factor is when the fast takes place. If Ramadan coincides with summer, this means hot weather and long days, which puts you at greater risk of dehydration.
What do studies into fasting in pregnancy show?

Some studies show little or no effect on newborn babies whose mums fasted in pregnancy. Others suggest health problems later in life, or that fasting in pregnancy may have some effect on the intelligence or academic ability of a child.

Here’s what the research has told us so far:
The Apgar score of babies of women who fasted in pregnancy was no different from babies of women who didn't fast.
Fasting in pregnancy may cause a baby to have a lower birth weight, especially if the fasting took place in the first trimester. However, other studies found the difference in birth weight to be very small.
Babies born to mums who fasted either in pregnancy or at the time of conception may grow up to be slightly shorter and thinner. But again, this difference is very small.
The chemical balance of the blood changes when you fast. But the changes don't appear to be harmful to you or your baby.

There's some concern that fasting may affect how well a baby grows in the uterus (womb), or that fasting may be linked to premature labour. Some studies suggest that more babies are born early if their mums fast during Ramadan, though the country you live in also plays a part.

How will I cope with fasting?

If your weight and lifestyle are generally healthy you are likely to cope better with fasting. Your baby needs nutrients from you, and if your body has enough energy stores, fasting is likely to have less of an impact.

How your body deals with fasting will also depend on:
your general health before you became pregnant
your stage of pregnancy
the length of time you fast during the day

Fasting in the summer months is likely to be harder work for you than it would be in the winter due to the longer days and higher temperatures.

How should I prepare for fasting?

Plan ahead to make things easier during Ramadan:
Talk to your midwife, who can check your health and for any possible complications that fasting makes you more prone to, such as diabetes (gestational diabetes) and anaemia. You may need to have more frequent check-ups during your fast to monitor your blood sugar levels. Fasting is not considered to be safe if you have diabetes and are pregnant.
If you're used to having a lot of caffeinated drinks, such as coffee, tea and cola, cut back before you fast to prevent withdrawal headaches. You shouldn't have more than 200mg of caffeine a day when you are pregnant, which is about two cups of instant coffee. Remember that chocolate and green tea also contain some caffeine.
Talk to your employer about managing your work during Ramadan, whether through reducing your working hours or having extra breaks. Read more about working and fasting.
Your doctor, midwife or a dietitian can help you to work out your dietary needs.
Keep a food diary, so you know what you are eating and drinking.
Start preparing early by doing shopping and errands before you fast.

What warning signs should I look out for?
Contact your doctor as soon as possible if:
You're not putting on enough weight, or are losing weight. You probably won't be weighed during your antenatal appointments, so try to weigh yourself regularly at home while you are fasting.
You become very thirsty, are weeing less frequently, or if your wee becomes dark-coloured and strong-smelling. This is a sign of dehydration, and it can make you more prone to urinary tract infections (UTIs) or other complications.
You develop a headache or other pains, or a fever.
You become nauseous or start vomiting.

You should contact your doctor straight away if:
There is a noticeable change in your baby’s movements, such as if your baby is not moving around or kicking as much.
You notice contraction-like pains. This could be a sign of premature labour.
You feel dizzy, faint, weak, confused or tired, even after you have had a good rest. Break your fast immediately and drink water containing salt and sugar, or an oral rehydration solution such as Dioralyte, and contact the doctor.

Thanks Cappo toyosiR! Quite needed info. A ba wa laye ati laaye

Madam Zaynie! welldone o, May He keep blessing you and yours. Thanks for making the thread lively.

Madam Orney Congrats!

To all mamaa who already birthed, God bless the little ones and y’all and make it easy for those awaiting theirs.

Bump mamas- how is the ministry? It is well with us all.

Meanwhile i’ve bn avoiding confirmation of sex in all my scans but sucumbed yesterday.

Well all the names i picked for atinuke will nt be used, all those dreams of "mum and mini me" chaii, daydreamings of how i'll be twinning with LO as well as those cute baby girl clothes...

Turns out i’m team blue.
Already thinking of what circumcision will be like... I worry too much.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 24, 2017
Pregnacare max has 500mg calcium. Check the leaflet.
Iyomomoreloaded:

CC MiraclefromGod
You can take all the supplements, pregnacare doesn't contain Calcium, but it contains the RDA of folic acid 400mcg. Am guessing your Dh bought d 5mg folic acid?
I don't know if 5.4mg of folic acid is considered as "toxic" overdose, seeing that most doctors prescribe d 5mg dose. I am thinking d body takes what it needs and d excess is excreted .
A pregnant woman needs about 1000mg of calcium daily, but don't take d same time as ur other supplements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 24, 2017
spiceeamiee:
So much has happened on this thread these last few days. Congrats to all mamas from the TTC thread and all others. Happy and healthy bumping to us all. #TeamJuly, how far na? Where we at?? How the go dey go? The insomnia I have these days is on another level. I barely sleep 3hours at night. I usually sleep by 9/10pm and wake up by 12/1am to stare at the ceiling till 5:30 when I have to prepare to go to work. No longer funny jare.. angry angry

Abeg sabi mamas, I went for routine checkup two weeks ago and doctor couldn't pick up baby's heartbeat so he asked I do a scan. By then, I was 28w6d. The scan picked up that baby was alright but that amniotic fluid was slightly above normal and baby measuring 31w5d, weighing 1.7kg with EDD being 14/07. Haa.. I went online to read about effects of above normal amniotic which is called Mild Polyhydramnios (there is acute and severe depending on how much the fluid was) and the things I saw was not funny o. I was very scared even to pray but I summoned courage and started decreeing health to my baby, called my Mom and my sister and told them to stand in the gap for me. Trust my Mummy. She calls 5am everyday and we hold a 30mins prayer session on phone before I and hubby's morning devotion. I went for another scan and to the glory of God, amniotic fluids are back to normal but baby is still two weeks ahead ie 32w3days whereas by LMP I should be 30w4d with baby's weight being 2.1kg and EDD now 16/07.

Please how do I reduce my baby's weight invitro? I have added a total of 18kg since I got pregnant but I have maintained a steady weight of 85.5kg for the past 5weeks. My fruits consist mainly of mangoes/cucumbers/avocados and I have cut down on carbs, cakes, ice cream, etc, at least not as I used to consume before. Please how do I reduce my baby's weight? Your advice is seriously needed. embarassed embarassed embarassed
U are going to have a real big baby!

Sorry to scare you sha... Other maamas don birth 4kg + even 5kg + , so dont worry Jesus gat u big tym! Ur case is different, so is mine...
I heard dat big babies is from genes, doesnt matter what you eat or drink... But why not give it like 2more weeks before you start taking d plain lipton tea without milk and sugar (morning and night). I suggest 2weeks gap atleast make lo reach weight of 2.5kg atleast..

Goodluck ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 24, 2017
miraclefromGod:
Pls beautiful mummies in the house, I sent my dh to help me buy folic acid on his way home, the man bought the folic acid + pregnacare and calcitone (calcium) he said the pharmacist told him to buy the complete package. My question now is, is it not too early to start using all these? Pls your idea is needed...
MeI used Ferrolab12, calcium and folic acid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 6:24pm On May 24, 2017
[quote author=Naomi14 post=56835763]Pregnacare already has folic acid/calcium in it. [/quote

Yes, he said the pharmacist said its not enough
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 6:35pm On May 24, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:

CC MiraclefromGod

Thank you. Yes, he bought the 5mg dose but am not overweight. He said the pharmacist told him I can take the folic acid with pregnacare...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 6:39pm On May 24, 2017
spiceeamiee:
You can take Pregnacare and Folic Acid. Thats what I did. I wouldnt know about the Calcium as I started taking mine at 16weeks. People say Pregnacare already contains folic acid but most doctors agree that the FA in Pregnacare is usually not enough for growing fetuses so I would say take both but see your dokita before taking the Calcium

OK ma, I will pend the calcium for now and continue with pregnacare and the Folic acid. Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 6:43pm On May 24, 2017
Naomi14:
Pregnacare max has 500mg calcium. Check the leaflet.

He bought pregnacare original, he said the pharmacist said I can continue with pregnacare Max after 6months
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 6:44pm On May 24, 2017
Benignasweety:
MeI used Ferrolab12, calcium and folic acid.

Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by orney(f): 6:44pm On May 24, 2017
Thank you glamrsO

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 24, 2017
Have you registered for antenatal? All this pharmacist kini! I prefer to get doctor's prescription sha! Anyways, But some pharmacy has Dr.of pharm sha!
miraclefromGod:

He bought pregnacare original, he said the pharmacist said I can continue with pregnacare Max after 6months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by aghaibiam(f): 7:10pm On May 24, 2017
#TeamSeptemberForNoLoss!
Make some noise and praise God.We will deliver on time and in joy!
My cappo where you dey?
I was in lagos and got some good things.I located a store'babyliss ' in shoprite maryland mall.I got 340ml tomee tipee bottle for 1650 naira.I feel its a good deal.mama"s who are still shopping can try them out.I got a carton of pampers wipes for 6k,it has 12 packs.
Today i got a molfix wholesaler who sold me 6packs of molfix size 2/3 giga for 19500.I feel its a good deal for about 550+ diapers.I have not bought some other things like bathset,wardrobe etc.Hopefully I will do that soon.
I pray for financial breakthrough so I can complete my shopping.It will end in praise for us all.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 7:34pm On May 24, 2017
shocked shocked cry cry..I am officially scared. My husband and his family are quite big. Only the first and second born are of average weight. My husband is the last of 9children and he is bigger than their first and second born. Why Oh why didn't this baby carry my petite body? undecided undecided

Benignasweety:
U are going to have a real big baby!

Sorry to scare you sha... Other maamas don birth 4kg + even 5kg + , so dont worry Jesus gat u big tym! Ur case is different, so is mine...
I heard dat big babies is from genes, doesnt matter what you eat or drink... But why not give it like 2more weeks before you start taking d plain lipton tea without milk and sugar (morning and night). I suggest 2weeks gap atleast make lo reach weight of 2.5kg atleast..

Goodluck ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:51pm On May 24, 2017
Congratulations to all the mamas from atc thread. ...God is so wonderful..... welcome.! Welcome!! Welcome! !!

I wish u all a safe and healthy ride...... God gat u all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 24, 2017
spiceeamiee:
shocked shocked cry cry..I am officially scared. My husband and his family are quite big. Only the first and second born are of average weight. My husband is the last of 9children and he is bigger than their first and second born. Why Oh why didn't this baby carry my petite body? undecided undecided

Your Lo is a true Son of his Father wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 10:16pm On May 24, 2017
Benignasweety:
No step to climb... I go jex cuz of step begin enter bank everyday, climb up climb down, meet customer care, join queqe sef and process starts all over again... Dem no go know say I get plans grin
Next day I go carry BVN issue go or say I won open accnt... Brilliant idea!

Mummy Naomi14, our people say Onye Ajuju adighi efu uzor...(A questionaire no dey ever miss road) , So me no wan miss out on even d tiniest vaccine o, mah Zizi must fwesh!
Tnx Giddyperson, na ur own HMO fly pass grin

Kisses to ur loskiss
Lmao @ going to bank just to borrow their staircase. It mustn't be stairs, if there's a hill/slope around where you live, you can go up the hill. Why are you stressing yourself tho, I thought you were waiting for your swthrt to come first.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 10:42pm On May 24, 2017
lioha:

E never start oh but I don they get ready. All tru the one year I was breast feeding baby, menses no gree come. It came one month after I weaned which was last month can you imagin grin angry grin cry cry

I envy yu oooh, mine came 2months after, planning to see my gyn Dr, if no show dis month. We 've being trying for sometime now.

Regards to big bobo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 24, 2017
Giddyperson:

Lmao @ going to bank just to borrow their staircase. It mustn't be stairs, if there's a hill/slope around where you live, you can go up the hill. Why are you stressing yourself tho, I thought you were waiting for your swthrt to come first.
Alot of tinz still dey hold Leboo o so I no even sure again wen e go come...

So itz either I born and I don dey heal wen he comes wink (mah most accepted option)
or I pray he comes before Next week expires...

Hwz Giddybaby...?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:36pm On May 24, 2017
poshestmina:
I never offload .
Come and do BA nah

Benignasweety: She's fine, thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:14am On May 25, 2017
Dix my yeye vigilante when I never dey bwestfeed o...

O sleep, O gentle sleep from God, please lighten this heaviness so I can sleep...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 3:12am On May 25, 2017
lioha:

E never start oh but I don they get ready. All tru the one year I was breast feeding baby, menses no gree come. It came one month after I weaned which was last month can you imagin grin angry grin cry cry
You are so lucky o, mine came when baby clocked 40 days angry cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3088) (3089) (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Caleb4show and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.