Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8110208 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
thotianna:
Hello house, been following this thread for a long time now and I find it greatly educative.
Please I need advice from experts. I am 15wks pregnant and for some days now I have been lacking appetite. Morning sickness is greatly reduced and nausea is greatly reduced but appetite is barely there. I drink water a lot though. I have increased appetite for water.
Is this normal? should I be worried?

Congrats ma'am. U don't ve to worry about ur appetite for water as u need alot of it, but u still need to try and eat something. Pls don't starve yourself and ur baby o. U can go see ur doc maybe he can give u something to boost ur appetite. Pele

Experience mamas will soon answer u cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Bloomingbud:
Good evening mamas in house, how is the pushing going?

As for me nausea is not treating me well at all, I vomit anything I take until my throat starts aching me and I'm always tired but I know this too must pass.

I have question pls has any older mama used this pacifier with fruit in it, I saw it on Facebook and I kind of like it. I want to know if it's useful or healthy, mamas pls don't Waka pass ooooo.
Let me attach the pix

Just seeing dis for d first time......No idea ma

Wait for our sabi mamas.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ha! Mama, thank you o. What is Nospamin for? I finally budged under My sister's pressure to buy it but haven't started giving her yet. Please what is it for and why do you say it should be given for 7days?

queensnow:
Note that abidec will make ur baby eat very well. I will advice u study ur baby if lo is a food type or not so that u won't give him sometin thing that will make him hungry and won't eat at d end of d day just like my baby if he won't eat no one can force him even abidec cheesy u can buy nospamin to be used for 7days
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 12:31am On Jul 27, 2017
ahnie:
Nospamin...as an appetiserwhere did you get that from?what are you prescribing nospamin for??/??
I never mention nospamin as a appetiser oooo. It's not a appetiser it helps with new born digestive system and prevent reflux.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 12:34am On Jul 27, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Ha! Mama, thank you o. What is Nospamin for? I finally budged under My sister's pressure to buy it but haven't started giving her yet. Please what is it for and why do you say it should be given for 7days?

it's not a appetiser it helps with new born digestive system and prevent reflux. It is used for new born for a duration of 7days

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 1:22am On Jul 27, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Eyin Temi bawi ni oooo shey wa
lelelelelelelele shey wa
Team October bawo ni o shey wa
Lelelelelelelele Awa.....

Wow....Can't seems to thank Olowogbogboro enough, D miracle worker, Way maker,destiny changer, story writer,awesome ruler, Eleyinju anu,Agbanilagbatan, oba adani ma gbagbe eni, Arugbo ojo, Ekun oko oke,All sufficient God.......Can't believe am in my 3rd trimester already, the lord changed my name from iyawo, Iya ireti to Iya ibeji,Iya tinuke and I know by his mercies and grace come October I will be call IYA INIOLUWA....Thank you lord for bringing us dis far, thank you lord for shaming infertility, for silencing my mockers, am so grateful Jehovah Overdo.
He will see us through in Jesus name. Ttc shall never be ours again. We thank him for fulfilling his words in our lives. Just as he did ours, so will he do for every atc mum. It will definitely end in praise for us all. Thank you Jesus.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 7:03am On Jul 27, 2017
Bloomingbud:

As for me nausea is not treating me well at all, I vomit anything I take until my throat starts aching me and I'm always tired but I know this too must pass.

I have question pls has any older mama used this pacifier with fruit in it, I saw it on Facebook and I kind of like it. I want to know if it's useful or healthy, mamas pls don't Waka pass ooooo.
Let me attach the pix
This looks like a new invention, haven't seen it before. My baby doesn't even take a pacifier and if she did I wouldn't try this fruit one cuz of the possibility of her choking on the fruit (except I buy it first and look at it very very well to convince myself that choking on it isn't possible). Try post it on the newborn thread to get more replies.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 8:03am On Jul 27, 2017
Don't give your child nospamin if she doesn't need it please. Preferably not until it's prescribed by a doctor. It can be used to relieve colic but IT DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK, there is no data that even supports it as a cure for colic. Colic does not have any confirmed treatment, it runs its course and goes. All the gripe water, infacol and co are just trial and error solutions. If your baby has reflux take her/him to a hospital let the doctor prescribe appropriate medication, but even then, except reflux is severe, keeping baby upright and burping properly will help manage it

If your LO is sleeping, eating and playing well all you need to give her/him is food biko kwanu. Cos all this nospamin talk I'm seeing I don't understand again

spiceeamiee:

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 8:05am On Jul 27, 2017
Doesn't look like a good idea. First off, you shouldn't give fruits to any child under 6 months. Older children may as well get the fruits directly instead of keeping this against their emerging teeth, also pacifiers for older kids messes with the structure of their teeth. Me I think it's unnecessary

Bloomingbud:

Let me attach the pix

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tallar: 8:26am On Jul 27, 2017
booqee:
thank u ma..

I'm no longer bleeding

I'm currently on bedrest at the hospital. they refuse to let me observe the rest at home. the scan says everything is very okay and fetus is doing good, but it also says there is a mild separation of gestational sac from uterine wall.. which may pose threatened abortion.. the sac Is supposed to be well attached.. and no separation

so the reason for bed rest and other treatments..

he also explained the fetus moves sometimes to find the right spot to attach to.. so possibly in the process of moving it caused a tear on the uterus lining which usually causes spotting.

(in all I've been told there's no cause for alarm) just need rest till they confirm it well attached

I had this same issue. Infact i had bright red blood with clots and I panicked but because i wasn't in pain i felt a bit relieved. Went for scan immediately and was told placenta previa or separation of placenta from the uterus. The dr recommended absolute bed rest for 3weeks, told me to but 50ltrs fuel grin, subscribe dstv and ask hubby to stock up the fridge cos i won't be leaving the bed except to pee. He also said no more high heels and sleeping on my stomach.

I had this issue when i was 10wks and adhered strictly to Dr's advice. Didn't see my parlour and front door for 3weeks. Imagine!

Goodnews is now i am better, i can move around but no heavy lifting, i can drive again yippee and baby is 17weeks. The essence of this is to encourage you, pls take the bed rest seriously for the sake of your baby and know that you are not alone. Ehugsss kiss

20 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2017
Giddyperson:

This looks like a new invention, haven't seen it before. My baby doesn't even take a pacifier and if she did I wouldn't try this fruit one cuz of the possibility of her choking on the fruit (except I buy it first and look at it very very well to convince myself that choking on it isn't possible). Try post it on the newborn thread to get more replies.

Cc. Bloomingbud

I believe it is a weaning accessory.

It is supposed to prevent choking, so you can put soft fruit inside and the baby gradually sucks it out.

I havent used it , but i read a bit about it when i wanted to start weaning / introducing solids, but dd never used a pacifier so i didnt think it was for us.

If your baby has always used pacifier then it could be a good transition.

I believe i also read some people put some cold fruit in it to help with teething, or some food and medicine (syrup) in it to get baby to suck it out. But i guess medicine in question wont be the bitter type.

I will suggest you check for it on amazon and read the reviews of people who have used it and you will get a better idea of it is for you or not.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:20am On Jul 27, 2017
Nimi22:

Yes o. Cappo of life i feel ur joy. Third trimester here we come. We bless God who has brought us this far he will definitely see us through in Jesus name.
Even me sef gallantly walk into third trimester tomorrow.
Bumpie Queen of our team, it can only be God o just remember those days of MS like yesterday, even with all our unfaithfulness our God still remains faithful.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:22am On Jul 27, 2017
Dazzle86:

He will see us through in Jesus name. Ttc shall never be ours again. We thank him for fulfilling his words in our lives. Just as he did ours, so will he do for every atc mum. It will definitely end in praise for us all. Thank you Jesus.
My surest senior I dey loyal ma, Amen to ur prayers God will surely changed our ATC mamas names and wear them garments of praise.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitche15: 9:23am On Jul 27, 2017
Mamas oh, just when i thought my energy was back(done with 1st tri) see badass back and waist ache chaiiiiii, e reach to cry abeg. Doc said i should watch my sitting positions and always sit straight. My question is abeg is there any other way to ease this backache? I don't want to abuse pcm. Biko heeeellllllpppppp. #Teamjanuary

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YeyeObas5: 9:45am On Jul 27, 2017
Good morning all. Sabi mama come to my rescue o. I was having stabing pain in my right side of the stomach close to the pelvic on Saturday. I went to the hospital on Sunday and was admitted because the pain was unbearable. Scan and malaria test was done. Malaria was single + but scan result was OK. I was given drug for malaria and discharged on Monday.
I've been on bed rest since then but the pain has changed from stabbing to cramping at that right side. It's becoming intense that am bending while walking. Getting to the hospital is an issue because of the potholes on the road to my house and I can't walk. Please can I apply warm compress to the side to ease the pain. Am 24weeks gone, no bleeding or discharge please just the cramping/bloating pain.
cc mum zaynie, nurse kaffy and other Sabi mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 9:54am On Jul 27, 2017
Submitted my maternity leave letter yesterday at work .
Decided to stay home today and rest since I am through with preparing results at school, we are vacating tomorrow hurray. Now I have time to do my final cleaning and tidying,but it is not easy did some sweeping and mopping this morning. I can't bend very well anymore,because of the the pressure I feel in my pelvis, plus back ache.
#teamaugust how are we doing, Our month is almost here. Counting down already.
Yet to see any porters.
My able cappo ToyosiR, I am loyal to your government. Bet your bags are already packed.
Mzleemah dearie, how far?
Elixir123 , e ku igbadun iya ibeta.

#TeamJuly I am enjoying these your back to back BA/BS.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 10:08am On Jul 27, 2017
Please I want to ask...why iz it that some pregnant mamas,when it z their months to deliver they wee just disappear completely and resurface with another moniker?

I don't know if anyone yaff observed it......xpecially those claiming to be carrying twinnies and triplets.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thotianna: 10:18am On Jul 27, 2017
proudmom38:

Congrats ma'am. U don't ve to worry about ur appetite for water as u need alot of it, but u still need to try and eat something. Pls don't starve yourself and ur baby o. U can go see ur doc maybe he can give u something to boost ur appetite. Pele

Experience mamas will soon answer u cheesy
thanks you're a real treasure. I read online that appetite usually returns with a vengeance in 2nd trimester so i was getting a bit worried when my own appetite didn't return with a vengeance. cheesy tongue

Good to know everything is alright. I'll force myself to eat for now.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzleemah(f): 10:25am On Jul 27, 2017
Dazzle86:
Decided to stay home today and rest since I am through with preparing results at school, we are vacating tomorrow hurray. Now I have time to do my final cleaning and tidying,but it is not easy did some sweeping and mopping this morning. I can't bend very well anymore,because of the the pressure I feel in my pelvis, plus back ache.
Yet to see any porters.
My able cappo ToyosiR, I am loyal to your government. Bet your bags are already packed.

i am doing fine, did my final shopping yesterday grin will be packing my bag later this week, sweeping is now a big task for me, so i sweep as the spirit direct, i cannot come and go and kill myself. We are almost there

Team july should comman carry their month ojare
#teamaugustforkiakiadelivery

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 10:35am On Jul 27, 2017
thotianna:

thanks you're a real treasure. I read online that appetite usually returns with a vengeance in 2nd trimester so i was getting a bit worried when my own appetite didn't return with a vengeance. cheesy tongue

Good to know everything is alright. I'll force myself to eat for now.

Returning wt vengeance cheesy doesn't mean at once it can be gradual. Like me I'm gradually returning

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thotianna: 10:35am On Jul 27, 2017
ahnie:
Please I want to ask...why iz it that some pregnant mamas,when it z their months to deliver they wee just disappear completely and resurface with another moniker?

I don't know if anyone yaff observed it......xpecially those claiming to be carrying twinnies and triplets.

grin grin grin
lol
are you serious
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thotianna: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2017
curvilicious:

Returning wt vengeance cheesy doesn't mean at once it can be gradual. Like me I'm gradually returning
Oh I see. thanks smiley
My own get as e be sha. Even one small bowl of cornflakes I can't finish it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2017
mitche15:
Mamas oh, just when i thought my energy was back(done with 1st tri) see badass back and waist ache chaiiiiii, e reach to cry abeg. Doc said i should watch my sitting positions and always sit straight. My question is abeg is there any other way to ease this backache? I don't want to abuse pcm. Biko heeeellllllpppppp. #Teamjanuary

Teamie, all i do is lay down once i feel d wicked backache nothing more. All thru even till today I've not used pcm.
It is well with you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2017
tallar:

I had this same issue. Infact i had bright red blood with clots and I panicked but because i wasn't in pain i felt a bit relieved. Went for scan immediately and was told placenta previa or separation of placenta from the uterus. The dr recommended absolute bed rest for 3weeks, told me to but 50ltrs fuel grin, subscribe dstv and ask hubby to stock up the fridge cos i won't be leaving the bed except to pee. He also said no more high heels and sleeping on my stomach.

I had this issue when i was 10wks and adhered strictly to Dr's advice. Didn't see my parlour and front door for 3weeks. Imagine!

Goodnews is now i am better, i can move around but no heavy lifting, i can drive again yippee and baby is 17weeks. The essence of this is to encourage you, pls take the bed rest seriously for the sake of your baby and know that you are not alone. Ehugsss kiss
ehennn..no sleeping on the stomach and no high heels fa ..when stomach never start to protrude?.. that's my best sleeping position! cry

anyway it's well noted ma. .

prevention is better than cure.. anything to keep this baby. so anxious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2017
tallar:

I'm happy to hear that ur pregnancy progressed despite what happened.. cos it's gives me hope and relief for myself.. thought of so many negative many things (God forbid)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2017
thotianna:

Oh I see. thanks smiley
My own get as e be sha. Even one small bowl of cornflakes I can't finish it.

If i show u d quantity of food i eat, you will shout(very tiny),but i eat compared wt before. No matter how small at least every 2hrs i eat something. Try adopt d 2hrs interval method it helps no matter how small
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2017
sacredlily:
(Tetanus Toxoid) Injection .
when do they start administering that.. at how many weeks.. they haven't told me anything of such at the hospital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Eyin Temi bawi ni oooo shey wa
lelelelelelelele shey wa
Team October bawo ni o shey wa
Lelelelelelelele Awa.....

Wow....Can't seems to thank Olowogbogboro enough, D miracle worker, Way maker,destiny changer, story writer,awesome ruler, Eleyinju anu,Agbanilagbatan, oba adani ma gbagbe eni, Arugbo ojo, Ekun oko oke,All sufficient God.......Can't believe am in my 3rd trimester already, the lord changed my name from iyawo, Iya ireti to Iya ibeji,Iya tinuke and I know by his mercies and grace come October I will be call IYA INIOLUWA....Thank you lord for bringing us dis far, thank you lord for shaming infertility, for silencing my mockers, am so grateful Jehovah Overdo.

I join for this gratefulness o
We thank you Agbanilagbatan

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thotianna: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2017
curvilicious:

If i show u d quantity of food i eat, you will shout(very tiny),but i eat compared wt before. No matter how small at least every 2hrs i eat something. Try adopt d 2hrs interval method it helps no matter how small
How many weeks are you so far? Its like I will try the 2hr thing because whenever I try to eat a lot at once I get a strong urge to vomit.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:11am On Jul 27, 2017
Dazzle86:
Yet to see any porters.

Why do you have to submit a leave letter if school is going on vacation, can't you enjoy the vacation first then submit the request when school resumes grin

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzleemah(f): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2017
Giddyperson:

Why do you have to submit a leave letter if school is going on vacation, can't you enjoy the vacation first then submit the request when school resumes grin
chai, too much sense dey worry you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 11:29am On Jul 27, 2017
thotianna:
Hello house, been following this thread for a long time now and I find it greatly educative.
Please I need advice from experts. I am 15wks pregnant and for some days now I have been lacking appetite. Morning sickness is greatly reduced and nausea is greatly reduced but appetite is barely there. I drink water a lot though. I have increased appetite for water.
Is this normal? should I be worried?

I think it's absolutely normal to have increased appetite for water, Infact doctors do advice some to drink water like a fish about the lack of appetite Pls eat something no matter how small...

@curvilicious Pls do roll call for team January mamas make we know our teamies we don plenty...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rhayne(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.