Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8107440 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3346) (3347) (3348) (3349) (3350) (3351) (3352) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
booqee:
alright thanks..

I don't know if have any idea on this..

my privates have been itching me like crazy.. the more I itch, the more it itches me.. I'm certain I didn't contract infection anywhere.. cos I've only been using my own toilet, and I wash it well myself..don't know if it's pregnancy related.

is there something I can use without going to hospital

It's pregnancy related. This is my number one nemesis during pregnancy angry.
Used all sorts of anti fungal creams and vaginal tablets.... It will go and come back wit reinforcement.
Found out washing my hoohaa with water diluted with ACV seriously reduces the itching. Also using cotton wool dipped in GV helps too. GV is anti fungal and suitable for topical application.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Welcome back Proudmum.
I wish you a healthy and fruitful pregnancy.

The golden chair is for ATC mamas but you be my personal person so kiss

How's Lil proudy taking this good news? grin

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
[color=][/color]
zaynie:
Welcome back Proudmum.

my darling....awayu.i have finally changed my etisalat line to mtn.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 9:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
atumomo:
Late comer alert.
Have always been in the peepers club but decided to register today. Ttced for 9 years, 2 failed ivfs  and at d 3rd the Almighty answered our prayers( e still dey do me like dream). Alhamdulillah for everything so far Edd is 30th November In Shaa Allah . Sex is XY sorry for coming in late.

Cc: Anugod wink
Alhamdulilah ,ur joy shall be permanent Insha Allah. congratulations to so happy TTC no good at all. happy bumping

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladytaurus(f): 9:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
forzarush:
On the 8th/9th I didn't sleep till almost 04:00 am,I was praying and crying. My parents that I always abandon in the middle of prayers left me on my mat. I got up early on the 9th,prepared my cousins and sent them off to coaching with the exception of the youngest,I was her tutor. I occupied her with letter work and simple addition while I cleared the kitchen sink,washed the bathroom and toilet till they sparkled and did a little laundry as I didn't want to come back from delivery to meet dirty clothes. My mum was astonished. After all that nothing happened still other than excruciating back ache. On Thursday,10th August I did all I wanted to,engaged my cousin as usual and asked mum to continue with her while I dashed to the hospital to carry out the Biophysical Profile and that I'd show it to Alhaja (chief matron of my ANC) and I'd let her speak to my mum on the next step to take (this was to calm my mum cos she was afraid of induction going awry nd having to resort to CS). I met Alhaja who asked why I was still waddling and I told her,she said to bring the result to her when it's out.
I got my result around past 3pm,baby's estimated weight was 3.9kg,and we were rated 4/8. I went to Chief with the result and the 1st thing she said was "stand beside me",she started on how she wasn't sure I could deliver vaginally considering my height and the baby's weight. I called mum and Alhaja just told her she'd do what was right for me and I would let her know if I needed her. We proceeded to the emergency unit where the doctor on call examined me and said OS was still closed,he had 2 of his colleagues with him. Alhaja rang for the senior doctor on call and he arrived with another colleague and I was being spoken of like a specimen. 'Are you sure you're 1.52m tall?' 'We'll have to bring this one (baby) out ni o!' And all. I was told I would be admitted and I was given a list of things to get. I called my mum and she set out. I was distraught with all I heard but I had to be strong,I couldn't call DH- he was at work. I called hunniesuzie (God bless her) and I narrated everything in tears. She calmed me and told me to go ahead with induction but keep an open mind for CS and prepare to bear the pains of delivery,she and her mum were with me in prayers. I cried and cleaned up before my mum arrived and I furnished her with as little info as I could. By the time I was ready to go into the ward it was almost 6pm and the dr gave us another list of drugs, injectibles and all. The procedure was for 12:00am,Friday morning. We were three,two were induced using tab Misoprostol while I was taken to the labour room, stripped,a cartheter inserted and something pumped into me (they called it transvaginal whatever)then I was moved back into the ward. Sometimes during the night contractions started and two of us were moved into the labour room. I watched my partner scream and cry till she delivered and I was just praying,contractions stopped and I went back to the ward. The doctors came round and said I couldn't be given anything till 12pm, so I was abandoned. I kept having false contractions till about 2pm or so when my mum was asked to get more drugs and the doctor came around to rupture my membranes. I was placed on oxytocin drip and then drama started.
guess u used alimosho genearal hospital where we have our loving and. caring Albans. God bless her
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
Arihodo:

sansa143 come and see another J Town babe oo. Jenta adamu. lioha. I know there too. are u presently there?

Am in lag now

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trendytessy(f): 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kimlad:

insha Allah, it ll be a supernatural delivery, just always recite the last two rabanas at the end of amana rasul. Allah ll not burden u with what is greater than your strength. thuma sebila yasarau.

Did u know why I picked interest in you, cos of ur name, I guess we might bear same name. My name is Tesleemah

*smiles* I'm a christian.. Tessy is short for Theresa... ur name sounds cool sha., just knowing about it for the first time. U re Yoruba ryt?

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
Chijiuche:

welcome back dear... I don look for you tire. Like play, like play, e don dey reash ooo. I never hear any kick oo. Belle still never show ooo. na only breast still dey increase... Sleep wey dey worry me for work every morning no get part 2 now. My 20 weeks anomaly scan na next week ( how time flies)
Welcome back and beg hubby make e no dey comot you for network again. Tell him say your Gynecologist say internet dey help control BP for pregnant mummies grin

Lie lie mama
You can lie for Africa

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
zaynie:

It's pregnancy related. This is my number one nemesis during pregnancy angry.
Used all sorts of anti fungal creams and vaginal tablets.... It will go and come back wit reinforcement.
Found out washing my hoohaa with water diluted with ACV seriously reduces the itching. Also using cotton wool dipped in GV helps too. GV is anti fungal and suitable for topical application.
thanks.. lemme try the GV.. But seriously pregnancy comes with a lot of surprises o.. imagine itchy pp..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Catholic maamas Otito diri Jesu! na ndu ebeebe..

So I went to register for my ds infant baptism and the catechist after collecting registration money of 7h said I can't baptise him with the name Zion that its has not been heard of and the name is too powerful that I should choose a saint name. Meanwhile a lady came also and registered her baby as Destiny. I asked him if Destiny is a saint name and he said it's Godly name.

Abeg una fit help me ask priests you are close to what is wrong in baptising my son with the name Zion, so I would know if the wahala is just the catechist. That's even what we already have in his birth certificate.

Catholic maamas no read pass me abeg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
Giddyperson:
Sorry infections hardly come from the toilet. Yours is probably pregnancy related. Don't scratch it it would get worse. Go see a doctor
hay god.. doctor? I hope it doesn't mean something serious..? I have an appointment soon, I would discuss with doc, hopefully it stops before then..

funny thing is itching can be sweet, but the moment ur hands are off, it leaves a lingering pain that really stings.. for that reason alone, I'm really trying not to itch..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
booqee:
hay god.. doctor? I hope it doesn't mean something serious..? I have an appointment soon, I would discuss with doc, hopefully it stops before then..

funny thing is itching can be sweet, but the moment ur hands are off, it leaves a lingering pain that really stings.. for that reason alone, I'm really trying not to itch..
Im sure it's nothing serious. I just said doctor cuz u r pregnant and the drugs you take have to be safe for your condition. It's common with pregnancy. Yeah that's what happens when u scratch instead of scratching just wash the place with only water when it starts itching and air cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
booqee:
alright thanks..

my privates have been itching me like crazy.. the more I itch, the more it itches me.. I'm certain I didn't contract infection anywhere.. cos I've only been using my own toilet, and I wash it well myself..don't know if it's pregnancy related.

Itching is also part of the package.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 11:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
I
booqee:
alright thanks..

Can I b sincere n truthful wth u? I enjoyed having sex wen I experienced the itching jajaina esp d doggy style (duh!!!!)

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 11:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
sassyangel1:

Can I b sincere n truthful wth u? I enjoyed having sex wen I experienced the itching jajaina esp d doggy style (duh!!!!)
Choi! shocked shocked Mama the mama! I raise one nyash for you oh!

About the itching thing, make me sef follow chook mouth.
Around 6 to 7 weeks or so, I noticed that itching, but mine came with some cramps sha. I went to the hospital and doc ran some tests and pregnancy-related UTI was diagnosed. shocked shocked Doc said could cause MC. shocked shocked

He sha prescribed one safe antibiotic med and another antifungal one to be inserted for 6 days. Na so the itching take stop sha.

So it wouldn't be a bad idea to visit the hospital @ booqee. Not to scare you though, but just to make sure everything is OK.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lululuv(f): 12:25am On Aug 18, 2017
phlakkeys:
B.A.
This is to announce the birth of my ebony princess but then, The Lord gives and takes.
I thank God for me being alive.

Big thanks to my e-family.
I appreciate all the mentions, prayers and the e-love.
Will give full details when I come back to join, or when I see isues like mine raised.

Please take heart. So sad
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 12:25am On Aug 18, 2017
Anugod:
Choi! shocked shocked Mama the mama! I raise one nyash for you oh!

About the itching thing, make me sef follow chook mouth.
Around 6 to 7 weeks or so, I noticed that itching, but mine came with some cramps sha. I went to the hospital and doc ran some tests and pregnancy-related UTI was diagnosed. shocked shocked Doc said could cause MC. shocked shocked

He sha prescribed one safe antibiotic med and another antifungal one to be inserted for 6 days. Na so the itching take stop sha.

So it wouldn't be a bad idea to visit the hospital @ booqee. Not to scare you though, but just to make sure everything is OK.

Hehehehe... Ur advice is invaluable. Booque pls do visit the hospital. Pregnancy and its packages. God's strength always.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sissie(f): 1:24am On Aug 18, 2017
booqee:

Garlic works wonders for it. Peel a whole garlic and insert it, leave for like 2 hours and remove, repeat again for 2 to 3 days. It works better than many topic creams and it's totally safe. It's yeast infection, it's common in pregnancy, it will go and reoccur again for many.

Disclaimer: the 1st garlic you insert will be peppery, don't fear or remove it, it's sign that it's working.

Try not to itch it, itching makes it worse and might cause bruising. And if you wear pant all the time, try to not wear pant all the time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:57am On Aug 18, 2017
imurboss:
@phlakkeys, so so sorry about your loss, God will surely give you double for your troubles....e-hugss to you dear

congratulations to you @ atumomo, have h & h journey

Congratulations@proudmum

Thank u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 2:13am On Aug 18, 2017
zaynie:
Welcome back Proudmum.

Amen. Thanks ma. I don sit down berekete on top....

Lil proudy never know wetin dey happen yet lol.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dasugar(f): 2:58am On Aug 18, 2017
BA this is to announce d arrival of my prince yesterday at 11.30am tru cs at 3.8kg

41 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 4:02am On Aug 18, 2017
Benignasweety:

So I went to register for my ds infant baptism and the catechist after collecting registration money of 7h said I can't baptise him with the name Zion that its has not been heard of and the name is too powerful that I should choose a saint name. Meanwhile a lady came also and registered her baby as Destiny. I asked him if Destiny is a saint name and he said it's Godly name.

Abeg una fit help me ask priests you are close to what is wrong in baptising my son with the name Zion, so I would know if the wahala is just the catechist. That's even what we already have in his birth certificate.

Us too we've been on this Saint name holy name godly name thing. Try finding places in the bible with Zion so you can explain to the catechist or go over him and go and meet a priest
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by davsquared: 4:58am On Aug 18, 2017
Benignasweety:

Na so e dey b. I have friends who faced such . All dis "Favour", "Love", "Goodness" kinda names are not allowed lately.

An option u can use is to baptise with his native name. They will approve it especially if d name has "Chukwu" or names close to dat in meaning. U can ask d cathechist sha if dat will fly
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 18, 2017
booqee:
alright thanks..

Wetin dy sweet na im dy kill/wound ooo, no dy scratch am. Just wash your jajaina after urinating, change your undies, if possible don't wear pant at night make the hoohaa breathe. You can see your gynae in your next appointment and explain. He/she will ask you to do urinalysis, don't think HVS is advisable since you're preggy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:05am On Aug 18, 2017
ahnie:
[color=][/color]my darling....awayu.i have finally changed my etisalat line to mtn.

Send me a text so I can save that.
Kisses to Chibobo and Zino kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 18, 2017
Benignasweety:

Na ndụ eberebe nwanne m cheesy

Destiny self is not a saint name. Same thing happened to me when I wanted to register my daughter for baptism, hubby and I had to leave our church to another catholic church. I browsed online and saw a saint bearing the name(the saint is not common) that's what saved me. Look for a way to convince him, maybe a reason why you choose Zion or something Chinekeded to make him believe. Meanwhile I've not heard of a saint bearing my name self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 18, 2017
Congrats ma'am!
dasugar:
BA this is to announce d arrival of my prince yesterday at 11.30am tru cs at 3.8kg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 18, 2017
ahnie:
My chibobo alias chisom
Where's the picture angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 7:30am On Aug 18, 2017
It's the catechist. In my parish they insist on a saints name. DH said he wants LOs baptismal name to be his native name, see quarrel! But when you marry a man with strong head you know who go win nah. Some priests insist on a saints name so you can call on the saint in case of anything, some will agree to native name so far it has a scriptural meaning. Depends on you sha, you can pick another name for baptism purposes if you no get power to argue or you can drag yourselves to Revd father/another parish

Benignasweety:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:32am On Aug 18, 2017
dasugar:
Congrats ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by completey(f): 7:32am On Aug 18, 2017
dasugar:

Congratulations sis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 18, 2017
dasugar:
congrats ma.. may God bless ur LO.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3346) (3347) (3348) (3349) (3350) (3351) (3352) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.