Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8123832 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2015
Mzora:
@ifefunmi thanks a lot. I've noted the prices of the tins u listed. What of baby wash,oil, and lotion?
Yes I bot cussons baby pack, it includes the soap, cream, oil, sponge etc. I intend to use shea butter later on
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
proudmom38:

Welcome home mama,u really got nice things...I'm in love with ur baby blanket with teddy bear inclusive o lol. Pls what's d name of d product?
Thanks mummy..lol the product is George.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
ifefunmi:

Thanks mummy..lol the product is George.
Ok thanks ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by customised87: 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
ifefunmi:

I went to Agege market.
I got sleep suits 4 in a pack with 4 socks and handkerchief inclusive for 2k.
I got bodysuits too but I went for single ones so I was able to select the colors I want- each went for 500
Dr Browns diaper with 120 pieces for 3,200
Bot Huggies wipes the big carton with 6 packs inside for 2k
Got a nice towel pack of 3(2 small and 1 big) for 1,300
Caps for 300 each
washable breast pad (5 in a pack) for 1k
lady sept for 250
Got baby blanket(Teddy bear inclusive) for 2k

flowered colourful cover cloth pack of 4 for 2k
cotton wool (dele big) for 700
Got one breast pump too for 1k(manual)
I didnt have to buy more socks cos the sleep suits had sock included
I got baby shawl for 2,500 ( playsuit and socks inclusive)
Can't remember others now but just lemme know in case you remember.

Bossom pump for 1k? What product is that pls?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
customised87:

Bossom pump for 1k? What product is that pls?
Chai! I can't remember the name o. will check for u when I unpack but it has the picture of one Lady using it and it is color pink. She actually said 1800 o but trust my mum the negotiator...lolz we bought it 1k
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 8:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
Mamas I'm planning to go baby shopping soon. Any need to include feeding bottles? I plan on exclusively breastfeeding LO till like 6months.@ ifefunmi tnks dear. U've been so helpful. I wish I had gone shopping earlier cos I'm soo heavy now,not my fault sha....na money I dey wait...lol @beedam,awaiting your birth story. My love to all d wonderful papas and mamas here. May God give us the strength in this journey to motherhood,not easy one bit.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 8:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
You need at least two. Abi u go de bring out ur factory anyhow for public? Sometimes u need to express.

@Ifelumi. I know d bossom pump I used it too. Its easy to use, that one no get name na chinese product. Once ur bosom is full it expreses easily. You got good bargains dear.
Mzora:
Mamas I'm planning to go baby shopping soon. Any need to include feeding bottles? I plan on exclusively breastfeeding LO till like 6months.@ ifefunmi tnks dear. U've been so helpful. I wish I had gone shopping earlier cos I'm soo heavy now,not my fault sha....na money I dey wait...lol @beedam,awaiting your birth story. My love to all d wonderful papas and mamas here. May God give us the strength in this journey to motherhood,not easy one bit.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
lovinam:
You need at least two. Abi u go de bring out ur factory anyhow for public? Sometimes u need to express.

@Ifelumi. I know d bossom pump I used it too. Its easy to use, that one no get name na chinese product. Once ur bosom is full it expreses easily. You got good bargains dear.
Thanks ma'am I hope the breast pump works well for me too. Yes feeding bottles are needed too, can't be carrying boobi out anyhow in public. The secret of getting good bargain is to go to a store that has loads of things( wholesales). Their things are always cheaper than the smaller stores! Plus don't buy everything in a place especially when your instinct tells you they might be cheating you!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
Dear mamas in the house, just thought I should intimate/remind us that we should always go for BPA free plastics or feeding bottles when buying stuffs for our little ones especially. BPA is the name of a dangerous chemical sometimes used in the manufacturing process of children's bottles and other products. A lot of reputable companies have stopped using it while others have not.

While shoppng for baby things esp feeding bottles, sippy cups, plates, pls ensure they are BPA free. It's always boldly written on the products' labels.

Pls google for more info. God bless.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 9:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
You are right. That's why I don't compromise standard when I get those items. I use mostly tommy tipee( there is fake o)
Kimoni:
Dear mamas in the house, just thought I should intimate/remind us that we should always go for BPA free plastics or feeding bottles when buying stuffs for our little ones especially. BPA is the name of a dangerous chemical sometimes used in the manufacturing process of children's bottles and other products. A lot of reputable companies have stopped using it while others have not.

While shoppng for baby things esp feeding bottles, sippy cups, plates, pls ensure they are BPA free. It's always boldly written on the products' labels.

Pls google for more info. God bless.
ifefunmi:

Thanks ma'am I hope the breast pump works well for me too. Yes feeding bottles are needed too, can't be carrying boobi out anyhow in public. The secret of getting good bargain is to go to a store that has loads of things( wholesales). Their things are always cheaper than the smaller stores! Plus don't buy everything in a place especially when your instinct tells you they might be cheating you!
Yes it will work. I usually avoid feeding baby with the side I want to express. That way the bossom is full making it very easy. It didn't make any sense to me buying manual/ electric pump since na my last baby. I gave out all my baby stujff thinking I don close oven. Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by daramfon: 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
proudmom38:

And so shall it be to u IJN.AMEN
Amen o. thnks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by asoasiko: 3:08am On Jan 29, 2015
Dear Mamas in the house,
Just to inform you about cloth diapers,not the old ones o! There are modern cloth diapers now.They are actually the best for our babies.Healthy ,no chemicals and also economical.Can you imagine they now come in all colour of the rainbow and prints?
They are one sized,i size fits from infant to potty training thus your todlder and new baby can make use of them at the same time.
They are available in Nigeria at www.clothdiaper.ng.
Go see for yourself!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by julicoka(f): 4:03am On Jan 29, 2015
Am so sorry God wil wipe ur tears
mumkachi:
Good evening wonderful mommas. Thanks for all the love. Sadly, I lost the baby. Was discharged from hospital yesterday. Though it was a painful experience, I still give God all the glory. Expect me back very, very soon wink

Congratulations to the newly inducted vigilante mommas!

To all the pushing mommas, a grace and favour filled journey!

Love you all!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by julicoka(f): 4:23am On Jan 29, 2015
Mamas ad papas i greet u all pls have any one use paludrine in treating of malaria,am feeling heavy ad pains at my lower abdomen pls what could be d cause
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 6:51am On Jan 29, 2015
Hello to all the mama's in d house,am sure d ministry is moving forward to d permanent site.
Pls I need help in getting a comprehensive list of baby things I wil need to get.this is my 1st pregnancy derfor I dnt hv any single item dat a baby can use.if possible I wil need der price range n place where I can get good once n affordable price here in lagos.am new to dis town,navigating my way is a bit difficult.
Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 7:44am On Jan 29, 2015
@lovinam thanks @d feeding bottle info. I appreciate.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bheambo(f): 9:24am On Jan 29, 2015
hi all in d house.
I'm 15 wks gone just coming out of d vomiting, tiredness, not eating, spitting season. started having headaches, joint pains and serious cold in the evenings. starting an exam next Tuesday cant even read. cant take leave off work. pls I need help/advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phunmielomo(f): 11:31am On Jan 29, 2015
ifefunmi:

I went to Agege market.
I got sleep suits 4 in a pack with 4 socks and handkerchief inclusive for 2k.
I got bodysuits too but I went for single ones so I was able to select the colors I want- each went for 500
Dr Browns diaper with 120 pieces for 3,200
Bot Huggies wipes the big carton with 6 packs inside for 2k
Got a nice towel pack of 3(2 small and 1 big) for 1,300
Caps for 300 each
washable breast pad (5 in a pack) for 1k
lady sept for 250
Got baby blanket(Teddy bear inclusive) for 2k

flowered colourful cover cloth pack of 4 for 2k
cotton wool (dele big) for 700
Got one breast pump too for 1k(manual)
I didnt have to buy more socks cos the sleep suits had sock included
I got baby shawl for 2,500 ( playsuit and socks inclusive)
Can't remember others now but just lemme know in case you remember.
ifefunmi so happy for u.didnt knw u stay close to agege would have referred you to a place,iya amira at agege there.she has got lovely things and cheap things too.infact like lagos price and unique things.well dr brown,try it first sha cos my neighbour used for her son and she complained of nappy rashes.well body differs mite b good on ur lo.wish you well dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MiracleMum(f): 11:35am On Jan 29, 2015
missmalachi:
Hello to all the mama's in d house,am sure d ministry is moving forward to d permanent site.
Pls I need help in getting a comprehensive list of baby things I wil need to get.this is my 1st pregnancy derfor I dnt hv any single item dat a baby can use.if possible I wil need der price range n place where I can get good once n affordable price here in lagos.am new to dis town,navigating my way is a bit difficult.
Thanks

Here is my comprehensive list though I cant put all the prices because I bought from different shops depending on how my bargaining power is there. Hope you find it useful.

Baby cot - preferably Graco product
Baby stroller
Carrier Car sit -
Changing bag -
Cot net -
Bassinet (small baby bed with net, usually put on the bed) -
Sleeping suits and Body suits
Cartons of Huggies diapers (from 0 – 3months or 4 – 6kg)
Christening dress or shirt and trouser
Baby wardrope
Face towels & Big towels
Thermometer
Bibs
Nighties for mum
disposable pants for mum
lady Sept
Firm maternity bras
Singlets and baby panties
Clothes, Shoes and socks, booties
Caps and hand gloves (mittens)
Baby oil, Baby cream, Baby hair Shampoo and Baby soap (preferably Boots products as Johnson now has fake except you prefer it though)
Mentholated Powder (Prickly Heat Powder)
Moko Mentholated Spirit
Eucalyptus Ointment and Menthol Aton
Olive Oil
Cotton buds
Feeding bottles (Preferably Avent or Tommie tippee)
2 Flasks (1 big one and 1 small one)
Shawls and Flannels
Plenty wipes
Set of Combs
Blankets, Bed spread with pillow cases
Baby Rocker
Pacifiers and Soft toys
1 Roll of Cotton wool
Savlon or Purit (1 or 2 Big ones and a small one)
Finger Brush with storage care (Mastela or any other product)
Baby Nail care (Manicure/Pedicure set)
Baby sponge
Spoon and cup
Washing clothe hanger
Baby plastic bathe set
Electric jug
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by asoasiko: 11:36am On Jan 29, 2015
julicoka:
Am so sorry God wil wipe ur tears
For your shame you will have double. Pele.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phunmielomo(f): 11:40am On Jan 29, 2015
missmalachi:
Thanks
mismalachi,welcome to lagos.which part of lagos do u stay?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunnshyn(f): 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
lala4sure:

Thanks dear but i think its just not working for me....I stopped yterday and I feel better

I also feel very sick after taking pregnacare plus. I didn't relate it to my sickness until I forget to take it and gbam! I'm hale and hearty. I'm stopping it too and switching to plain old folic acid.

God bless us all,amen!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
julicoka:
Mamas ad papas i greet u all pls have any one use paludrine in treating of malaria,am feeling heavy ad pains at my lower abdomen pls what could be d cause

I took paludrine when I was about 7weeks. I was told it wasn't safe for me to take malaria drugs at that time and even though I had malaria, I took d paludrine 1 a day (wh is for prevention sha). It took me till about 15/16 weeks when I treated it fully. Get well soon

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunnshyn(f): 12:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hello mums in the house.
I try not to panic or fret, I look up issues if I feel concerned but now I have a minor situation.

I wonder if anyone has experienced this. I have rashes and it itches like crazy, from the top of my arms down, some are dark patches now as a result of itching. Some are on my feet. It's been on for quite a while now. Pls mums, anyone experienced this?

May God bless us all and make us carry to full term and also answer all ttc in Jesus name, amen!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 1:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Greetings beautiful mamas, please I wanna know if sleeping on d left side is compulsory.Am more comfortable sleeping on my right. Week 30+
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
phunmielomo:

ifefunmi so happy for u.didnt knw u stay close to agege would have referred you to a place,iya amira at agege there.she has got lovely things and cheap things too.infact like lagos price and unique things.well dr brown,try it first sha cos my neighbour used for her son and she complained of nappy rashes.well body differs mite b good on ur lo.wish you well dear.

Hello phummielomo, pls describe Iya amira's place in agege though i'm not buying yet till I confirm sex, it won't be bad to have her shop addy handy for when needed. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
phunmielomo:

Thanks mummy, everyone was complaining about Huggies so someone recommended Dr Brown's. Well I guess we will just try and see. But I intend to start using Shea butter for LO from birth to avoid any reactions. I hope it works well!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
ifefunmi:

Thanks mummy, everyone was complaining about Huggies so someone recommended Dr Brown's. Well I guess we will just try and see. But I intend to start using Shea butter for LO from birth to avoid any reactions. I hope it works well!
plus I bot nappy liner to avoid direct contact with the diaper. My nephew used it and he didn't have problems with rashes

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by asoasiko: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
ifefunmi:

plus I bot nappy liner to avoid direct contact with the diaper. My nephew used it and he didn't have problems with rashes
Try rumparooz cloth diaper and you will be rest assured that your baby's tender skin isnt in contact with any chemical.One of the best in the US.check the amazon reviews.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
@beedam, where are thou?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
asoasiko:
Dear Mamas in the house,
Just to inform you about cloth diapers,not the old ones o! There are modern cloth diapers now.They are actually the best for our babies.Healthy ,no chemicals and also economical.Can you imagine they now come in all colour of the rainbow and prints?
They are one sized,i size fits from infant to potty training thus your todlder and new baby can make use of them at the same time.
They are available in Nigeria at www.clothdiaper.ng.
Go see for yourself!
How much is d cloth diaper?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mamas pls i need ur reply on dis...My boobs still hurt till now especially d nipple n arola,is dis normal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.