Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122514 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
hajarahbadmus:

my sister this one no false o! I only feel better standing and walking than lying down or sitting down..
thanks for the advice. will keep u posted..
the pain has come again o!!! see u later
Congratulation in advance...It is well with u!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
hello mummies...how are u all doing...plx ooo av started feeling bubbles in my uterus...felt it once, yesternight precisely @week 9-10 is this normal? and has anyone experienced tbis before?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 3:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
@hajarabadmus congrats in advance,u shall deliver like a hebrew woman,@jumayin it's very normal dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
@jumayin,how bori?I had dat bubble feeling like 2-3 days ago,and was wondering if it was d first kick since am extraordinary...lol.
@hajarabadmus,it is well,may Allah see u thru;awaiting ur birth story.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eumaca: 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
Pls beautiful mamas what could be the cause of menstrual cramps in 36+ weeks?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
Eumaca:
Pls beautiful mamas what could be the cause of menstrual cramps in 36+ weeks?

False labour I guess, or called Braxton hicks that's if it comes and goes on its own
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eumaca: 6:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
@Kimoni, thanks a lot. So there is no cause for alarm?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
Eumaca:

No, none at all. It's just a way of nature getting your body prepared for true labour.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
JUMAYIN:
hello mummies...how are u all doing...plx ooo av started feeling bubbles in my uterus...felt it once, yesternight precisely @week 9-10 is this normal? and has anyone experienced tbis before?
It's normal dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
Iffffffy:
Morning mamas in the house, since d miscarriage, I'm yet to See my period which led me to doing home pt yesterday. And I saw two lines though the 2nd still faint. Could it be hormones frm d last preg(now 36days after d mc) or another pregnancy?

Congrats ooo! Any second line is a LINE! Dats hw d tin gave me sleepless nights. I tested at 12dpo saw faint line on dollar tree store $1 test... by 15dpo did all this our N50, it sed negative. l I went for blood test wen I was going bonkers! smileyWas a mega +!

You are def preggo!!! Yay!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
Eumaca:
It may b labor tho, since u re close to term. Braxton hicks isnt painfl, its just like 'hardening' of ur tummy. Time wot u re feeling, is it painful, is it regular? Let us kno ow it goes. cheers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AwesomeGodIAv: 11:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
Experienced Mamas pls help me oooo. I haven't see my Cycle since January till now..... I av done 5difft PT test all Negative. Pls help me..

Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:20am On Feb 14, 2015
AwesomeGodIAv:
Experienced Mamas pls help me oooo. I haven't see my Cycle since January till now..... I av done 5difft PT test all Negative. Pls help me..

Thanks.

Pls kindly get down to an hosp and see a gynaecologist for hormonal work up. Its well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:27am On Feb 14, 2015
Bn a long while, cum in once in a while to observe and read. So sori for MIA, miss u all and still a very dedicated member of the family.. nite duty tinz on point... one love
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by customised87: 4:41am On Feb 14, 2015
Hey everyone, i had my baby on the 10th of Feb,he's the cutest ever and i cant take my eyes off him. God is so good to me so pls join me in praising him![/quote]

Yh,been busy trying to adapt to the new found job. Birth story here.
I am a ftm n gave birth on Tue at 38weeks 3days. At my 36weeks Dr's appointment,my Dr did an internal exam for me and said i was 2cm dilated and 60-70% effaced, he was also able to feel my baby's head and told me my baby had lots of hair on his head,lol(that got me blushing) I was happy about this cos my last scan at 32 weeks says my baby was breech n i came here to ask questions about that then. I had diarrhoea all through Sunday and on Monday i felt better, i normally go for a walk everyday and on Monday i walked to and fro a grocery store at about 2pm. I ate and was just watching a prog on TV when i felt little water trickle out of me. I went to the toilet to chk n saw that my underwear was a little wet,i cleaned up n went back to the watching TV. This trickling continued but it was always like a teaspoon at a time so i didnt think of it as my water breaking. I had dinner and about 8pm,i had a pop sound n felt lots of water come down so i ran to the rest room, i knew at that point that my water had broken, i checked the colour and it had some green colour,i became scared immediately cos of the many stuffs i have heard about baby pooping inside mother n all. At that time i wasnt having any form of contractions so i was torn between waiting till contractions start so i wont be sent back home or to go to the hosp cos of the green colour. My hospital was like an hour drive from the house so u can imagine my dilemma. I rang the hospital to tell them i think my water just broke n they insisted i should come in immediately. I went to take a shower and then the contractions started,i packed my hospital bag and got to the hospital at 10:30pm,by the time i got to the hospital,the contractions ve become much. I went to the emergency section and was made to reg and sign some forms,this went on till like 11pm when i was admitted,right dre at the registration area, i requested for a sick bowl and threw up twice. A nurse checked and said i was 4cm dilated but she didnt feel baby's head,that what she touched feels like his tongue or something, she called on another nurse to verify and she said i was already 6cm dilated and that what she touched was definitely the baby's bottom,that was about 11:30pm,they immediately called my Dr and he said i needed to ve a CS for the good of baby and I. I reminded him that he told me that he touched my baby's head at my last appointment and he just smiled and said that my baby just decided to go back breech and we cant question God.I asked him if we can give baby some time and see if he ll turn head down before i reached 10cm but he said he cant take any chances with the rate at which i was progressing. The whole process was explained to me and i was made to sign more papers then immediately wheeled to the theatre. The surgery lasted for like 15-20mins with me being awake all through but didnt feel anything. My baby was brought out at 12:20am,Tue 10th Feb,2015. I am most grateful to God as i port into this next phase. Na real vigilante o, baby is awake all through the night and he has only two duties, that is, sleeping and eating. May God make it easy for everyone of us o.

17 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 6:41am On Feb 14, 2015
Thank God u n baby re safe n in gud shape...I wish u quick recovery. Amen 2 ur prayer

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 6:46am On Feb 14, 2015
kaffy4bill:
Bn a long while, cum in once in a while to observe and read. So sori for MIA, miss u all and still a very dedicated member of the family.. nite duty tinz on point... one love
Thanks 4 checking on us sis. Pls what is BPP=3.21 in a scan result? TIA
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 7:03am On Feb 14, 2015
customised87:

I am a ftm n gave birth on Tue at 38weeks 3days. At my 36weeks Dr's appointment,my Dr did an internal exam for me and said i was 2cm dilated and 60-70% effaced, he was also able to feel my baby's head and told me my baby had lots of hair on his head,lol(that got me blushing) I was happy about this cos my last scan at 32 weeks says my baby was breech n i came here to ask questions about that then. I had diarrhoea all through Sunday and on Monday i felt better, i normally go for a walk everyday and on Monday i walked to and fro a grocery store at about 2pm. I ate and was just watching a prog on TV when i felt little water trickle out of me. I went to the toilet to chk n saw that my underwear was a little wet,i cleaned up n went back to the watching TV. This trickling continued but it was always like a teaspoon at a time so i didnt think of it as my water breaking. I had dinner and about 8pm,i had a pop sound n felt lots of water come down so i ran to the rest room, i knew at that point that my water had broken, i checked the colour and it had some green colour,i became scared immediately cos of the many stuffs i have heard about baby pooping inside mother n all. At that time i wasnt having any form of contractions so i was torn between waiting till contractions start so i wont be sent back home or to go to the hosp cos of the green colour. My hospital was like an hour drive from the house so u can imagine my dilemma. I rang the hospital to tell them i think my water just broke n they insisted i should come in immediately. I went to take a shower and then the contractions started,i packed my hospital bag and got to the hospital at 10:30pm,by the time i got to the hospital,the contractions ve become much. I went to the emergency section and was made to reg and sign some forms,this went on till like 11pm when i was admitted. A nurse checked and said i was 4cm dilated but she didnt feel baby's head,that what she touched feels like his tongue or something. She went to call on another nurse to come n verify,this was about 11:30pm and the nurse said i was already 6cm dilated and what she touched was definitely baby's bottom. They called on my Dr immediately and he said i need to have a CS for the good of baby and I. I asked him if baby could turn if we give him a little more time but he said i was progressing too fast and so he cant take chances. I

I am a ftm n gave birth on Tue at 38weeks 3days. At my 36weeks Dr's appointment,my Dr did an internal exam for me and said i was 2cm dilated and 60-70% effaced, he was also able to feel my baby's head and told me my baby had lots of hair on his head,lol(that got me blushing) I was happy about this cos my last scan at 32 weeks says my baby was breech n i came here to ask questions about that then. I had diarrhoea all through Sunday and on Monday i felt better, i normally go for a walk everyday and on Monday i walked to and fro a grocery store at about 2pm. I ate and was just watching a prog on TV when i felt little water trickle out of me. I went to the toilet to chk n saw that my underwear was a little wet,i cleaned up n went back to the watching TV. This trickling continued but it was always like a teaspoon at a time so i didnt think of it as my water breaking. I had dinner and about 8pm,i had a pop sound n felt lots of water come down so i ran to the rest room, i knew at that point that my water had broken, i checked the colour and it had some green colour,i became scared immediately cos of the many stuffs i have heard about baby pooping inside mother n all. At that time i wasnt having any form of contractions so i was torn between waiting till contractions start so i wont be sent back home or to go to the hosp cos of the green colour. My hospital was like an hour drive from the house so u can imagine my dilemma. I rang the hospital to tell them i think my water just broke n they insisted i should come in immediately. I went to take a shower and then the contractions started,i packed my hospital bag and got to the hospital at 10:30pm,by the time i got to the hospital,the contractions ve become much. I went to the emergency section and was made to reg and sign some forms,this went on till like 11pm when i was admitted,right dre at the registration area, i requested for a sick bowl and threw up twice. A nurse checked and said i was 4cm dilated but she didnt feel baby's head,that what she touched feels like his tongue or something, she called on another nurse to verify and she said i was already 6cm dilated and that what she touched was definitely the baby's bottom,that was about 11:30pm,they immediately called my Dr and he said i needed to ve a CS for the good of baby and I. I reminded him that he told me that he touched my baby's head at my last appointment and he just smiled and said that my baby just decided to go back breech and we cant question God.I asked him if we can give baby some time and see if he ll turn head down before i reached 10cm but he said he cant take any chances with the rate at which i was progressing. The whole process was explained to me and i was made to sign more papers then immediately wheeled to the theatre. The surgery lasted for like 15-20mins with me being awake all through but didnt feel anything. My baby was brought out at 12:20am,Tue 10th Feb,2015. I am most grateful to God as i port into this next phase. Na real vigilante o, baby is awake all through the night and he has only two duties, that is, sleeping and eating. May God make it easy for everyone of us o.
congrats dearie

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 7:06am On Feb 14, 2015
kaffy4bill:
tnx for checking on us jare,how's work?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 7:09am On Feb 14, 2015
Mama's gudmorning o abeg I get question,last night some hrs after eating I started having serious stomach pain,the pain was so serious that I started stooling and couldn't get up cos I was dizzy,i was so scared husby had to go and look for ors solution for me that night,i was so weak and the pain continued but am ok now,abeg una get idea watin cause am,all thru my baby was moving seriously,am 29wks and some days
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 7:17am On Feb 14, 2015
@customised87 - congrats dear. Man proposes, God disposes. The most important thing is that you and ur baby are fine. God bless our little angel and kisses to him.

Once the water breaks, even if there are no contractions yet, one should proceed to the hospital immediately cuz the risk of infection to the baby is quite high at that point as the sac is now open.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 7:29am On Feb 14, 2015
customised87:

I am a ftm n gave birth on Tue at 38weeks 3days. At my 36weeks Dr's appointment,my Dr did an internal exam for me and said i was 2cm dilated and 60-70% effaced, he was also able to feel my baby's head and told me my baby had lots of hair on his head,lol(that got me blushing) I was happy about this cos my last scan at 32 weeks says my baby was breech n i came here to ask questions about that then. I had diarrhoea all through Sunday and on Monday i felt better, i normally go for a walk everyday and on Monday i walked to and fro a grocery store at about 2pm. I ate and was just watching a prog on TV when i felt little water trickle out of me. I went to the toilet to chk n saw that my underwear was a little wet,i cleaned up n went back to the watching TV. This trickling continued but it was always like a teaspoon at a time so i didnt think of it as my water breaking. I had dinner and about 8pm,i had a pop sound n felt lots of water come down so i ran to the rest room, i knew at that point that my water had broken, i checked the colour and it had some green colour,i became scared immediately cos of the many stuffs i have heard about baby pooping inside mother n all. At that time i wasnt having any form of contractions so i was torn between waiting till contractions start so i wont be sent back home or to go to the hosp cos of the green colour. My hospital was like an hour drive from the house so u can imagine my dilemma. I rang the hospital to tell them i think my water just broke n they insisted i should come in immediately. I went to take a shower and then the contractions started,i packed my hospital bag and got to the hospital at 10:30pm,by the time i got to the hospital,the contractions ve become much. I went to the emergency section and was made to reg and sign some forms,this went on till like 11pm when i was admitted. A nurse checked and said i was 4cm dilated but she didnt feel baby's head,that what she touched feels like his tongue or something. She went to call on another nurse to come n verify,this was about 11:30pm and the nurse said i was already 6cm dilated and what she touched was definitely baby's bottom. They called on my Dr immediately and he said i need to have a CS for the good of baby and I. I asked him if baby could turn if we give him a little more time but he said i was progressing too fast and so he cant take chances. I

May God give you the strength to take care of ur little one.
Please in all sincerity talk about the healing process of the CS. My day is approaching very fast and now I am becoming scared.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahmanim: 7:33am On Feb 14, 2015
mummy2be:
Mama's gudmorning o abeg I get question,last night some hrs after eating I started having serious stomach pain,the pain was so serious that I started stooling and couldn't get up cos I was dizzy,i was so scared husby had to go and look for ors solution for me that night,i was so weak and the pain continued but am ok now,abeg una get idea watin cause am,all thru my baby was moving seriously,am 29wks and some days

hp u are better now . plz i will advice u see ur dr cos of d baby's excess movt.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahmanim: 7:35am On Feb 14, 2015
good morning@ house. plz is it normal to have swollen feet in first trimester. my feet n palm are slightly bigger than normal
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 7:38am On Feb 14, 2015
ahmanim:

hp u are better now . plz i will advice u see ur dr cos of d baby's excess movt.
ok dear will put a call tru now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 8:46am On Feb 14, 2015
mytestimony:

May God give you the strength to take care of ur little one.
Please in all sincerity talk about the healing process of the CS. My day is approaching very fast and now I am becoming scared.

Nothing to be scared about. According to some research, stem cells from the baby actually aids in your healing process, in some women your scar heals in abut 5 days. Here is my experience, although I lost the preemies..

I had an emergency CS in Sept last year, it lasted about 30 mins, I was out for about an hour cos I was under general anesthetics due to complications. I woke up to excruciating pains, which reduces if you don't use a pillow, you have to lie flat on ur back. By evening, you will be expected to start walking around to prevent DVT or blood clot in the legs. While you are on pain killers d pain numbs to like tummy ache after doing sit ups.

You are advised to take things very easy. My stitches came out and d site was completely closed in 5 days. Everyday, you have to clean the area with spirit twice a day. You go chop antibiotics tie, like it is candy! lol
Always clean the have a hot water bottle on ur belly, especially to sleep, it helps with the pain. No housework, nothing! Only feed the baby, for at least 2 weeks!! If possible more!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 8:48am On Feb 14, 2015
ahmanim:
good morning@ house. plz is it normal to have swollen feet in first trimester. my feet n palm are slightly bigger than normal
I had same in my first trimester and was checked for protein in my urine,i'll advice u see ur dr to take ur urine for test,if it's nothing then it'll still go down but try and get d test done Asap
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 8:55am On Feb 14, 2015
nefertitiram:

Nothing to be scared about. According to some research, stem cells from the baby actually aids in your healing process, in some women your scar heals in abut 5 days. Here is my experience, although I lost the preemies..

I had an emergency CS in Sept last year, it lasted about 30 mins, I was out for about an hour cos I was under general anesthetics due to complications. I woke up to excruciating pains, which reduces if you don't use a pillow, you have to lie flat on ur back. By evening, you will be expected to start walking around to prevent DVT or blood clot in the legs. While you are on pain killers d pain numbs to like tummy ache after doing sit ups.

You are advised to take things very easy. My stitches came out and d site was completely closed in 5 days. Everyday, you have to clean the area with spirit twice a day. You go chop antibiotics tie, like it is candy! lol
Always clean the have a hot water bottle on ur belly, especially to sleep, it helps with the pain. No housework, nothing! Only feed the baby, for at least 2 weeks!! If possible more!

Thanks. I hate drugs. Even my routine drugs na war. I will just have to manage o. I sometimes wonder if I can bear d pains.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 9:28am On Feb 14, 2015
@customised87 congrats dear, God bless you and ur LO. Happy vigilante

Pls dear people, i've seen people mention ORS on this thread many times but don't know what's all about. Help a sister out with what it's all about and it's functions and when it should be used. Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 9:29am On Feb 14, 2015
mytestimony:

Thanks. I hate drugs. Even my routine drugs na war. I will just have to manage o. I sometimes wonder if I can bear d pains.

Babe, don't be scared,the pain is just much on the first day but if they nack you better pain meds it will be manageable,by the second day it will become a dull ache... Did you opt for an elective cos of ttc?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahmanim: 9:33am On Feb 14, 2015
mummy2be:
I had same in my first trimester and was checked for protein in my urine,i'll advice u see ur dr to take ur urine for test,if it's nothing then it'll still go down but try and get d test done Asap

thkz dear. did urinalysis last Week n was told all is fine. i will resound it to my dr again
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 9:44am On Feb 14, 2015
mytestimony:

You will, it is not unbearable

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.