Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122716 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4445) (4446) (4447) (4448) (4449) (4450) (4451) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EzyF: 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
Mamas pls help a sis
What's the difference btw receiving blanket, shawl and flannel

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
[quote author= even if it means i have to spend the night here besides i've bin feeling this pain since the previous day urge to poo but i never felt a thing like that,all i felt was real serious pain.After several pushes my sweet charming prince came out sneezing immediately the midwife slapped him hard on his back then he started crying. My baby was given to the other nurse while she attended to the placenta.A minute after,the placenta was delivered,i was cleaned up, no tears so i wasn't stiched. I was taken to the bed to rest.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 23, 2018
[quote author= A MISTAKE TRYING TO UPLOAD THE PART 4 HERE BUT THE DETAILS FOR PART 4 IS HERE.THANK YOU.......... PART 5.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
VivyGift:

Ok dear, since you have related your fears to your doctor, I think you should take it or you can wait one more week if you are concerned.

Did you just say wait one more week. I'm not sure you ve had a good symptom of malaria dear. Mind you that fever or whatever symptom is not healthy for you nor your baby. Well the ball is in her court to play depending on how she feels
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
sweetveee:
Good evening mamas. I have had 4 miscarriages between September 2015 and December 2017. I tested positive again and immediately started taking duphaston then i did an early ultrasound last week Friday the dr diagnosed a blighted ovum measuring 5wks4days then he told me to wait for mc or check again in two weeks. I got so anxious and did a scan today. It showed a viable pregnancy that measured 7weeks 1 day. Am happy but scared. I am still taking the duphaston and mildly cramping occasionally i had a lot nausea last week but it seems to have subsided. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks mamas.
PS: i spotted for two days last week
You shall carry to term by the grace of God. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Geesucc: 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2018
Congratulations mma
Jessie21:
BS!!!!!!!! PART 1
On the 30th of May,i took a verrrrrrrrry long walk(as to push big belle don tire me).when i got homes,i settled down to eat correct fufu and okra soup after eating i slept like like a new born baby.........later that evening, i started feeling very mild menstrual cramps but i did didn't really bother abt it,i just told DH how i was feeling.Later in the mid night,the cramps reduced till the next morning.
DH was around,so he gave me money to preawpare white soup.I went to get ingredients for the soup and that was when contraction started again, whenever the pain comes i will just dance then stop again.
I started preparing my soup but the pain never stop,it only became HOT,PEPPERISH AND PAINFUL na so i kon dey rush so as to avoid any story that touches the heart. At that time,hubby has already rushed to attend to a customer and it was also raining .After cooking went to my mum's place so we can go to the midwife's place together.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Geesucc: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
I think 5 weeks was too early for the ultrasound.. You should take a lot of rest and be veryyyyy prayerful.. Affliction shall not rise up again IJN.. u shall carry to term mama.. welcome to our team
sweetveee:
Good evening mamas. I have had 4 miscarriages between September 2015 and December 2017. I tested positive again and immediately started taking duphaston then i did an early ultrasound last week Friday the dr diagnosed a blighted ovum measuring 5wks4days then he told me to wait for mc or check again in two weeks. I got so anxious and did a scan today. It showed a viable pregnancy that measured 7weeks 1 day. Am happy but scared. I am still taking the duphaston and mildly cramping occasionally i had a lot nausea last week but it seems to have subsided. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks mamas.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
joilin:

You can use coartem since you are already in your second trimester. No harm. Am sure you are able to feel the movements of your baby now so you are good to go. But if the malaria symptom is mild you can just go for maldox. Maldox is not a good option for strong malaria even in 1st trimester. My 1kobo

The maldox was for preventative means and not curative.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2018
whyworryPH:

Thanks mama. The doctor said fansidar would have worked as a preventive measure but since I have malaria, that they don't want to take chances. I guess that's why he prescribed Coartem.

Then Maldox isn't for you.
Its preventative and not curative.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2018
Besea:
Oya o...
Team January 2019 roll call.
February want to climb our head and pass.
Please indicate your edd and name if not mentioned.
1. Besea... 17/1/2019
2. Joilin... ? /1 /2019
3. Ejika48...30/1/2019
4. cutewifey...? /1/2019
5. Melly245…? /1/2019
6. AmJane… 28/1/2019
7. Fibett…? /1/2019
8. Okeoghene4real… 4/1/2019

I know we are still battling with morning sickness and all but please let's make this thread shake.
#THERESHALLBENOLOSS
#Teamsupernaturaldelivery
#Teampacesetters
Just seeing this. Thanks and thanks mama Besea for taking up the cappo mantle. � lol @ February climbing our head and pass- no be small sontin. Ehen Edd is 13/1/19
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
sweetveee:

Hi and welcome on board.
If na me be you, na that progesterone injection I go dey take o.
Cramping is normal but for you, I can understand your fear.
Morning sickness is a very good sign that all is well.
Most importantly, profess only positive thoughts and speak to your child to stay with you till the end. .have faith in God.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
Congrats Strongwoman333.
May your daughter be all you prayed for and some more.
She's such a beauty kiss kiss kiss

Izz it only me that wanted to see the fibroid picture..... Post it and put disclaimer na kiss
Let's give some mamas here sleepless night tongue

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
zaynie:

The maldox was for preventative means and not curative.
Please mamas, has anyone in their second trimester used coartem for malaria treatment before? That was the question and my own contribution was not to counter yours o. I dey learn from you oh Biko

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
EzyF:
Mamas pls help a sis
What's the difference btw receiving blanket, shawl and flannel

Receiving blanket is made of flannel material mostly.
Shawls are woolen and knitted.

Buy more receiving blanket cos you can use them during hot or cold weather (4 should be enough) and I usually buy 1 shawl for each child ( for naming ceremony).
Then there's baby blanket which is usually thicker and best for babies born in this cold weather. One or 2 is usually enough.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2018
joilin:
Please mamas, has anyone in their second trimester used coartem for malaria treatment before?

Forzarush and another mama said they did.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jessie21:
PLEASE MAMAS I MADE A MISTAKE TRYING TO UPLOAD THE PART 4 HERE BUT THE DETAILS FOR PART 4 IS HERE.THANK YOU..........MOVING ON TO PART 5.

Oshey, awon movie producers! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
joilin:
Please mamas, has anyone in their second trimester used coartem for malaria treatment before? That was the question and my own contribution was not to counter yours o. I dey learn from you oh Biko

I was clarifying that the Maldox wasn't prescribed for Malaria treatment but for preventative means.

Who talk counter here?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2018
zaynie:

I was clarifying that the Maldox wasn't prescribed for Malaria treatment but for preventative means.

Who talk counter here?
OK Ma. Thanks. Don't mind me oh na evening sickness dey do me. Let me come and be going

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
joilin:

OK Ma. Thanks. Don't mind me oh na evening sickness dey do me. Let me come and be going

Lol. cheesy cheesy
Drags her back, let the evening sickness do both of us together na tongue

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by glosun: 11:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
Hi, I took teem severally in my 3rd trimester
Rayhanna:
Hello mamas. Is there any effect in drinking Teem(bitter lemon) during pregnancy? I havent taken it since i conceived and i just feel like taking one, but some local doctors here say its unhealthy for my baby. Pls chook mouth for my matter. I really want to
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StrongWoman333(f): 1:46am On Jun 24, 2018
mandysmum:
You are indeed a strong woman. Your princess is an adorable cutie. Team June babies don finish work. grin
Thanks dearie. Our babies were worth the wait after all... grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:48am On Jun 24, 2018
Phew!! I made it finally. Reading from where I left since June 9th no be moimoi o! Even if Na exam gan Chinwe won't read like this Lolz.

Congratulations to all mamas that has birthed, may God bless and keep your babies in good health.

My sister from A-state @floraEC congrats to you nwanne and kisses to Opara gi.

Welcome here newbies and returning mamas! Safe and sound preggy to you all.

There shall be no loss.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:49am On Jun 24, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Thanks dearie. Our babies were worth the wait after all... grin grin grin
Congratulations sis! Your daughter is such an adorable sight kiss God bless her.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StrongWoman333(f): 1:54am On Jun 24, 2018
zaynie:
Congrats Strongwoman333.
May your daughter be all you prayed for and some more.
She's such a beauty kiss kiss kiss

Izz it only me that wanted to see the fibroid picture..... Post it and put disclaimer na kiss
Let's give some mamas here sleepless night tongue

Lol thanks. grin no let's leave the mamas to face their morning sickness ish for now... grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StrongWoman333(f): 2:03am On Jun 24, 2018
Liftedhands:
Congratulations sis! Your daughter is such an adorable sight kiss God bless her.
Amen ma'am thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 3:39am On Jun 24, 2018
divinemandate:

Both plus agidi jellof.
Bikozienu

Ok I'll package and send as soon as I'm back inugo? grin Hope my baby is kicking you well? It shall end in praise dear.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by OMOTOWO(m): 4:14am On Jun 24, 2018
StrongWoman333:
BS Part 5

Hubby later came back feeling downcast I asked what the problem was he said the doctor gave him two options..
1. For me to be discharged and be back in a week in order for baby to be positioned well for 1 week but the disadvantage is that baby may already be in distress which could be fatal for both mother and child.

2. Caesarian Section.

Hubby said he has already signed for CS. I gave him a hand shake that he made the right decision the most important thing is mother and baby alive irrespective of the birth method I don't care.
I and hubby prayed together, I was wheeled to the theatre, shaved, urine catheter inserted. At that point, I started crying and a senior nurse put me to her shoulder pleading with me not to please cry. That I should be strong. She was begging me that my cry can lead to high BP which will be another serious case. The anaesthetics a woman came, injected my spine and covered my front with a green cloth...she started asking me how I'm feeling, I told her I was feeling some shock on my legs. I could no longer feel anything from my waist down..meanwhile I didn't even know when the doctors started cutting and tearing. The anastetics came to me and said oya madam pray for us as I was praying, I started dosing off she kept slapping me to please stay awake. I opened my eyes again and told her to please play me some music. She asked me what kind of music I said gospel. She started playing me gospel music and gisting with me at the same time. Hubby kept on encouraging me. By 7:45pm, my princess was brought out and I heard her crying out her lungs immediately I heard her cry, I asked is that my baby crying, they said yes. I started crying too... cry they said ahn ahn she is her daddy's carbon copy. The daddy said at least i stole the sex while he stole the look. grin

At that moment, I remembered this picture below grin grin grin

I remember my wife went through this on may 22nd...CS!!!!!!I recall the same process you mentioned above.I signed the consent form and my wife p...y was shaved....n the processes continued till PHCN took light while my wife was in the theatre..I remembered how I got a bike to get petrol for the theatre although the processes continued while I was away to get the fuel....story story story......my baby boy clocked a month the day we defeated Iceland...22/06...He brings me so much joy ...My wife and my baby are doing pretty fine ....

29 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenonye(f): 4:14am On Jun 24, 2018
Hello mamas, how are you all?. My LMP was March 13 so my edd is DEC. I hope I'm welcome.
Pls mamas I want to know if its normal to see dark brown blood when I wipe. Sometimes I see it on my panties. 2weeks ago I had a painless bleeding (was like normal period bleeding) I was admitted at the hospital but the bleeding stopped almost immediately. The doc said it was a threatened miscarriage and all. The said I should be on best rest for a while. But I have been spotting this brown blood since I left the hospital. Do o need to be worried ?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by elmisti(m): 6:16am On Jun 24, 2018
good morning all, sorry for gender intrusion, but abeg i don get Belle too since my wife us preggy.

i need insight on a issue as am going to be making decisions today, my wife is past two of the three EDD she has, and since friday we av noticed liquid dicharge from her veejay, i dnt know if its her water or something else, she is not in any pain though but i can see it in her that she is tired of the pregnancy, is this enough reason for induction? how long will it take as i wont have tine after today? abeg make una answer me before una go church ooooo!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetose(f): 6:37am On Jun 24, 2018
Good morning,Oga elminist,sharp carry ur wife go hospital,she might be leaking water.we await the good news.
Congrats to the new mummies, c as the bs dey sweet me ,it can only be God.when June una waidone ooo,una don't nearly collect us finish ba?thank God next week is July. Love u all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rayhanna: 6:58am On Jun 24, 2018
glosun:
Hi, I took teem severally in my 3rd trimester
Thanks for ur response mama. I eventually took it jare.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by viettastitches(f): 7:05am On Jun 24, 2018
elmisti:
good morning all, sorry for gender intrusion, but abeg i don get Belle too since my wife us preggy.

i need insight on a issue as am going to be making decisions today, my wife is past two of the three EDD she has, and since friday we av noticed liquid dicharge from her veejay, i dnt know if its her water or something else, she is not in any pain though but i can see it in her that she is tired of the pregnancy, is this enough reason for induction? how long will it take as i wont have tine after today? abeg make una answer me before una go church ooooo!
she said go to the hospital asap and give me a birthday mate today

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4445) (4446) (4447) (4448) (4449) (4450) (4451) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.