Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,960 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:23 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8063694 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (6952) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
@Uyogable big congrats mommy. So happy for U̶̲̥̅̊, waiting patiently to hold nd cuddle M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ LO. D journey so far has been God. Coming back with M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ testimony in Jesus name aMen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
demmykay: @Uyogable big congrats mommy. So happy for U̶̲̥̅̊, waiting patiently to hold nd cuddle M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ LO. D journey so far has been God. Coming back with M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ testimony in Jesus name aMen

Amen oooo and will be right here waiting for you ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by monie(f): 12:09am On Feb 13, 2013
Congrats to uyogable, I am praying my labour Is as swift as and smooth as yours. Your baby will bring more joy to your family. Am in my 29th week going to 30wks. can't wait to meet my baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
uyogabie: My LO arrived this morning @6;16 am.I went into labour @ 2 am.my contraction was so fast,i thought i could endure till day break.I went to the hospital @ 5;am. and was already 8cm dilated.My baby boy came to this world an hr later without complications.God indeed was faithful.wish all preggies safest delivery.

Congrats dear! Hope you are getting enough rest... Take it easy! smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:30am On Feb 15, 2013
congrats Uyo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wendy80(f): 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
Where are all the Mamas I̶̲̥̅̊n the house? I'm counting down already.... I̶̲̥̅̊n my 34thWeek
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by adetunrayo(f): 6:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Any hope of a breech baby turnin @ Wk 37?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
40 wks, and still waiting,...having lots of cramps and contraction. The girl just sit down there angry.

Will be going to discuss on what to do to her on Tuesday with the doc.

God help me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 8:33am On Feb 25, 2013
cheesy cheesy don't worry dear,she'll come soon,and since uv bin avin lots of cramps and contractions,labor will be a breeze,swift and easy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 8:45am On Feb 25, 2013
adetunrayo: Any hope of a breech baby turnin @ Wk 37?

Don't want to burst your bubble but there is little hope cos the baby will be difficul to turn. My first baby was breech and i did not have a single contraction when the water broke. It had to be CS but its not that big of a deal.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dominique(f): 11:04am On Feb 25, 2013
Congrats ugo, may he be a constant source of joy to your family and an inspiration to everybody.
Vikin and Agi how are you gals holding up? Has LO decided to show face finally. May God make it easy and painless smiley.
Adetunrayo, I'm afraid you may have to go the cs route. My son was also breech as at 37 weeks and the doctor didn't mince words when he told me that i will have to do a cs. Try not to worry too much, The most important thing is that you and your baby are ok. How i wish our people can change their attitudes about cs. They make it look like an abomination of some sorts. I remember me and hubby being blamed by some family members for hurriedly going for the procedure without informing them. They claimed to know people expert at turning breech babies to cephalic mode. The told us to speakup if it happens again so they can tell us how to go about it. We were like God forbid, If God says we will deliver again via the cs route, then so be it.
the two different occasions i've been to the hospital for delivery, I've witnessed two women brought in for emergency cs after going to traditionalists to get their babies to turn. The babies died in both cases and the women almost died too. The second woman was narrating her ordeal at the alagbo to me i was just too biwildered to say anything. They actually tied her down while pressing and turning her stomach, giving her different herbal concoctions for five friggin days!!! She said she knew when the baby died around day 4 though she was barely consious herself. I kept wondering, why do people do this to themselves? The minute you discover you're pregnant, you should know you're responsible for your life and that of the unborn. May we not do something we will regret o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 7:58am On Feb 26, 2013
@ dominique, that traditional method is so crude from what you narrated. Why would anyone putt their life and that of the baby at such high risk?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dominique(f): 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ib: @ dominique, that traditional method is so crude from what you narrated. Why would anyone putt their life and that of the baby at such high risk?

Possibly cos they couldn't afford ther cs fees or they didn't want to be looked down upon for birthing through the dreaded procedure. They ended up risking their lives and killing their babies instead. Both women regretted not coming straight to the hospital when the pains started.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by baby124: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
dominique: Congrats ugo, may he be a constant source of joy to your family and an inspiration to everybody.
Vikin and Agi how are you gals holding up? Has LO decided to show face finally. May God make it easy and painless smiley.
Adetunrayo, I'm afraid you may have to go the cs route. My son was also breech as at 37 weeks and the doctor didn't mince words when he told me that i will have to do a cs. Try not to worry too much, The most important thing is that you and your baby are ok. How i wish our people can change their attitudes about cs. They make it look like an abomination of some sorts. I remember me and hubby being blamed by some family members for hurriedly going for the procedure without informing them. They claimed to know people expert at turning breech babies to cephalic mode. The told us to speakup if it happens again so they can tell us how to go about it. We were like God forbid, If God says we will deliver again via the cs route, then so be it.
the two different occasions i've been to the hospital for delivery, I've witnessed two women brought in for emergency cs after going to traditionalists to get their babies to turn. The babies died in both cases and the women also died too. The second woman was narrating her ordeal at the alagbo to me i was just too biwildered to say anything. They actually tied her down while pressing and turning her stomach, giving her different herbal concoctions for five friggin days!!! She said she knew when the baby died around day 4 though she was barely consious herself. I kept wondering, why do people do this to themselves? The minute you discover you're pregnant, you should know you're responsible for your life and that of the unborn. May we not do something we will regret o.

wow, unbelievable. But you have to agree that there are too many serial killer quack doctors in Nigeria. A lot of people have died by quacks attempting CS.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:27am On Feb 27, 2013
@dominique OMG my jaw dropped when i read this about turning the babies i even recommend it on this thread, but i will not anymore my g-d that is aweful torture to endure.
As for me im @ 35 weeks ooo another 3 weeks till my csection that i am proudly getting as i have no choice in the matter. I know csection is somewhat taboo in the culture but my goodness for the fact that you can conceive and have a life grow and flourish within you I think thats good enough. I got my bag packed, gonna do some waxing and i should be all set, my sis is taking time off work to help me out once LO arrives.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
I decided to opt for induced labour as I got to my due date, I don't want the baby adding more weight in me.

Baby arrived at 10pm on 27 th after 14hrs of induced labour, thank my God for epidural if not, hmmmmm....I don't even know what to say.

Anyway, . She is so adorable kiss. It was all worth the stress.

Wish everyone continuous stress free pregnancy weeks.. Am doing a tutorial now on breast feeding smiley, bathing, changing diapers etc

Thanks all for your prayers and best wishes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
Congratulations viking enjoy your little princess and GL with the breast feeding

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by seundaniels: 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
Congrats. May God keep the LO and give u maximum strength in recovery. God bless u both
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by baby124: 6:24am On Mar 01, 2013
Congrats vikin cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 8:50am On Mar 01, 2013
Congrats Vikin.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by k4kenny(f): 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
Congrats vikin cheesy. Welcum to mummyhood. Wow induced labour (hmm) thank God for epidural or else.....lipsrsealed

May God walk with her throughout her life (Amin). Remember lots of ppl would have various 'advice' on how babies are raised, use your newly found maternal instincts to filter d correct ones from d old an archaic ones.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dominique(f): 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
baby_123:

wow, unbelievable. But you have to agree that there are too many serial killer quack doctors in Nigeria. A lot of people have died by quacks attempting CS.

So you suggest going the alternative route abi? Last I checked, general and government hospitals do carry out cs with experienced doctors. Wouldn't that be better than risking your life and that of your baby with those trado-herbal people.
Agi, I have nothing against alterntive medicine, I've also heard of sucessful baby turning procedures but I will never subscribe to such in a million years.
Congrats Vikin!!! let's pop champaigne (even if we no fit drink am tongue).
May God bless and protect all our children (both born and unborn)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 1:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
Dear all, thanks for the good job on this thread. I read from pages 1 to this current page and I must say wife and I have learnt a lot and we are still learning.

Please help out , we went for scan yesterday and the results indicated everything to be fine and normal. The baby is 16weeks 4 days old and doing well but I am worried as particular section of the scan results indicated the Expected Fetal Weight to be 0.2kg. I wonder how the weight of my baby at birth would be 200g(or isn't that what Expected Fetal Weight means) Though we planned to see our doctor tomorrow but just can't wait till 2moro to see if this is normal. Experienced mothers, please help out, do you think the weight is normal at birth or i have the wrong interpretation. Please note this is our first pregnancy.

Thanks and Kind Regards!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ little prince arrived on 28 feb. Contraction started on wed 27 around noon I endured nd went to d hospital arond 9pm nd I was already 5cm dialated. Labour contnued nd I was progressin well nd finally at 1:50am M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ boy popped out!!! I was 40weeks nd 6 days gone nd d doc had already told me to com on monday for inducement. Tank God for making me smile again. I remembered how bittered I was last year april when I had a miscarriage, but God restored M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ JOY. I return all d glory to God. Wishin all d preggies in d house a successful delivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 5:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
Congrt vikin may she continue to b a source of blessing to ur family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by riac(f): 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mcfemad: Dear all, thanks for the good job on this thread. I read from pages 1 to this current page and I must say wife and I have learnt a lot and we are still learning.

Please help out , we went for scan yesterday and the results indicated everything to be fine and normal. The baby is 16weeks 4 days old and doing well but I am worried as particular section of the scan results indicated the Expected Fetal Weight to be 0.2kg. I wonder how the weight of my baby at birth would be 200g(or isn't that what Expected Fetal Weight means) Though we planned to see our doctor tomorrow but just can't wait till 2moro to see if this is normal. Experienced mothers, please help out, do you think the weight is normal at birth or i have the wrong interpretation. Please note this is our first pregnancy.

Thanks and Kind Regards!
. Wat d result meant was d weight @ dat particular time u did d scan $ not d weight @ delivery which ℓ̊ still is still okay,U̶̲̥̅̊ can check the link below for the average weight of foetus as d pregnacy progresses
http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2013
Thanks all, we are doing well. Little sleep at night and more at day! Tomorrow I do my first bath smiley.

I had a little tear, still in pains but it will come to past.

Congrats dammyk.

For, others waiting, it will soon come to past. God is with you and we all behind you.

This for celebration!

@agi, we are waiting..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dominique(f): 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
Congrats demmykay, may God continue to bring smiles to your family through your prince and his sibblings to come.
Macfemad, worry not. As vikin said, Its the weight the fetus is supposed to be at that stage. Me sef was worried when my Etimated Fetal Weight was 0.67 kg at 28 weeks but the doctor told me not to worry. My baby girl ended up being 2.8kg at birth. Wishing wifey a stressfree pregnancy and safe delivery smiley.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
riac: . Wat d result meant was d weight @ dat particular time u did d scan $ not d weight @ delivery which ℓ̊ still is still okay,U̶̲̥̅̊ can check the link below for the average weight of foetus as d pregnacy progresses
http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

Thank you so much ma'am. I later checked the net and found the answers in the link you gave here. I'd even registered for newsletters on the babycenter website. I also called our doctor on phone and he confirmed it is okay. Thanks once gain! Regards.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 9:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
dominique: Congrats demmykay, may God continue to bring smiles to your family through your prince and his sibblings to come.
Macfemad, worry not. As vikin said, Its the weight the fetus is supposed to be at that stage. Me sef was worried when my Etimated Fetal Weight was 0.67 kg at 28 weeks but the doctor told me not to worry. My baby girl ended up being 2.8kg at birth. Wishing wifey a stressfree pregnancy and safe delivery smiley.

Thank you so much ma'am. I appreciate this. I couldn't sleep over the night as I was troubled but feels better now. My wife was like 'Baba aburo (Baby's Father),you can sleep now!' smiley smiley

Thanks once again ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:31am On Mar 04, 2013
Vikin: Thanks all, we are doing well. Little sleep at night and more at day! Tomorrow I do my first bath smiley.

I had a little tear, still in pains but it will come to past.

Congrats dammyk.

For, others waiting, it will soon come to past. God is with you and we all behind you.

This for celebration!

@agi, we are waiting..

I am also patiently waiting myself oooo, and to be honest i have teh patience after my son was born so early my sister ill wait oooo. going on 36 weeks this week by his Grace. I was talking to my Dr. and we where saying how different pregnancies can be, look at me for example with my son i developed pre eclamsia (severe), gestational diabetes and incompetent cervix all @ 19 weeks, with this pregnancy my sugars where a bit high but came down, no preeclamsia and my TAC cerclage is holding strong. I tell you g-d is wonderful. When LO arrives i will share my full testimony.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (6952) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.