Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:22 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8045958 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6952) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ivynwa(f): 1:19am On Mar 23, 2012
Biggups to Moderator Agiboma and the preggie ladies in the house, seems like I just stormed "Agiboma's Sweet Babymakers' show".

Ride on dear, it's sweet encouraging and sharing with others. I like to visit threads like this to cheer people on and will be liming in your show/thread when I can.
Hey! Keep the show moving, wishing you the best that a television show can get----billion viewers, great ratings etc Smile!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 1:28am On Mar 23, 2012
lol thanks Ivy i like the idea of: "Agiboma's Sweet Babymakers' show" sounds nice to me grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 3:56pm On Mar 23, 2012
@Aigboma, We thk the lord for his mercies. Yes oh, I felt the move 2 weeks ago! I thot I had worms moving in my tommy lol.
My mother in law recommends I use Huggies and Johnson's product. She is much more excited than I am.

My EDD - August 8th.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 4:21pm On Mar 23, 2012
@mogobomoya girl i am smiling as i write this message, i will add you to the front of the page, girl enjoy soon the kicks are gonna be so strong they gonna wake you up in the night and keep you awake lol, cant wait to hear those stories.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2012
sobs
its 7wks plus and i am already feeling like hell
all dose days of working hard are gone by
i feel so weak
vomits
GOD
i need strength

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2012
@ diamond try to lie down and rest, please dont stress, we are here for you, turn on your fan r u in Nigeria. omg these days are too hot, since last week omg.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2012
Front page updated with due dates, ahhh im not very good @ math so if i got it wrong let me know and ill correct it right away
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 7:39am On Mar 25, 2012
How are all you ladies doing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cuteruth(f): 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2012
diamondlove: sobs
its 7wks plus and i am already feeling like hell
all dose days of working hard are gone by
i feel so weak
vomits
GOD
i need strength

Rest very well, take lots of fruits,water, and use your folic acid.it is well and may u deliver safely, like my mum advises don't take okada too much because of the bad roads during ur first trimester.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2012
@agiboma tanks we re doing great nd d body is adjusting to the new situation. Thank God for strenght des days. @diamondlove u need lot of rest. Pls try not to stress urself
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tessybaby(f): 10:33am On Mar 26, 2012
I will be 37 weeks gone tomorrow.
when i had my first child, i had a terrible
tears (fourth degree) she even tore my cervix too and
i bled so much.
she weighed 3.9kg

Moving towards my delivery date, i feel sooooooo scared to go through
the same problem.
My doctor has adviced me to do a CS if during labour we find out it's still a big baby
but on my last appointment he said everything is moving on fine for me to have
a va.ginal delivery.

Ladies what do you all think, will i still tear so badly this time?
has anyone had a no tear second delivery after a terrible tear first?
can i go on a diet to prevent the baby from growing too fat?

waiting for ur answers.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 11:28am On Mar 26, 2012
@tessybaby
although u should be expecting ur baby anytym from now, try to invest ur time in doing some perineal massages and also kegel excercises. this would help ur perineum stretch during delivery.
another option is for u to request for an episiotomy so u can be sure that the tear would just be in a definite place and not multiple tears.
stay strong and go into labor with the feeling that u can do it!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 11:55am On Mar 26, 2012
cuteruth:

Rest very well, take lots of fruits,water, and use your folic acid.it is well and may u deliver safely, like my mum advises don't take okada too much because of the bad roads during ur first trimester.

agiboma: @ diamond try to lie down and rest, please dont stress, we are here for you, turn on your fan r u in Nigeria. omg these days are too hot, since last week omg.

thnks alot
i rili do nid strength
i hav bcom so pale

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 10:04pm On Mar 26, 2012
I'll be 38 this thursday, is it possible I ask for an induction by next week, I'm tired of this bloated feeling!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
@ tessy and dudugirl you people are making me happy ooo, you guys are so close, hopefully you guys will share the birth stories with us. @ tessy sweettweet is right you should ask for an episiotomy, i think that may be the best option if the baby is big, please dont diet shocked. @ dudugirl i am not sure if they can do a sweep or endouce you unitl you are 40 weeks, hang in their you are almost finish baking your little bundle of joy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by camrygmail: 6:58am On Mar 27, 2012
Just stoping to say that by the grace of God dude girl and Tessy will by themselves announce the safe delivery of their healthy babies in Jesus name.

To the other pregnant ladies enjoy your pregnancy! I have heard it goes by too fast... Atleast That is what the husbands say ( hope that made you laff) grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 8:10am On Mar 27, 2012
@dudugirl,
dearie, do not ask for an induction unless ur doc advises so.It has got its disadvantages. besides, if it doesnt follow through as planned, then the next option will be a ceasarian section.
so my dear, hang in there and let things go through the normal process. for u to have gone through 38weeks, then 2wks - 4wks should be a walk in the park for u.God is ur strength and will c u thru.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 11:23am On Mar 27, 2012
This is a nice thread.

I had my first baby at 35 weeks. Luckily he was just pre-term and not premature so he only stayed in the incubator for one night. My water broke and the baby was in a breech position so i had to do a CS.

The pregnancy was so peaceful up to that point. No morning sickness, no headache, nothing. I used to walk 20 mins to my hospital and back just cos i needed the exercise. I would go swimming for hours. Does days were fun. Now that i am working, i am wondering how the pregnancy will be.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2012
The past weeks have been anything but a walk in the park like u said! Though I still carry myself to do stuff around the house, it gets more difficult by the day, I just pray he\she comes soon and in good health for both of us!

sweettweet: @dudugirl,
dearie, do not ask for an induction unless ur doc advises so.It has got its disadvantages. besides, if it doesnt follow through as planned, then the next option will be a ceasarian section.
so my dear, hang in there and let things go through the normal process. for u to have gone through 38weeks, then 2wks - 4wks should be a walk in the park for u.God is ur strength and will c u thru.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 9:14am On Mar 28, 2012
Am abt 6wks preg nd have been doing well but waist pain have been a serious issue am battling with. It aches so much dat i cant bend down nd most times finds it painful when tryin to sleep. What do i do abt it? Someone just told me abt AVEENO cream for babies and my baby is 14months can i use it for her? Anyone with an idea abt d cream, how much its been sold and where to get it in abuja.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 11:29am On Mar 28, 2012
Continuing my story....

My baby is 13 months and i am a couple of months gone. It was initially what i wanted but not now. Situations have changed and i am not so thrilled about being preggies again. I haven't even started antenatals though i take my vitamins and have done a scan.

This one is not as smooth as the first one. I am always tired, had morning sickness for a bit though i have now been able to control it. I sneak off from my office and sleep for 2 hrs in the afternoon (almost got into trouble with my supervisor). My baby is so demanding right now that i don't know how i will cope. I am still trying to hide the pregnancy in my office till the new financial year so that i won't run foul of their (in my opinion) redundant Hr policies. I really do not know how long i can hide it as i am now showing. Just a tough situation.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 11:30am On Mar 28, 2012
demmykay: Am abt 6wks preg nd have been doing well but waist pain have been a serious issue am battling with. It aches so much dat i cant bend down nd most times finds it painful when tryin to sleep. What do i do abt it? Someone just told me abt AVEENO cream for babies and my baby is 14months can i use it for her? Anyone with an idea abt d cream, how much its been sold and where to get it in abuja.

Aveeno is rather thick and will be better during cold or harmattan season not this heat wave we are currently experiencing. She will sweat a lot. If her skin is very dry, you can use any type of baby oil.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by infogenius(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
Good day all. its quite some time I have been on Naira land and I see so much info in the air already. Good job.
Well my wife is 19 weeks pregnant. Though I have not taken her for Ante-Natal reason being that she is a teacher and I will like her to go on break which incidentally is this weekend before she starts.
But here a few of her complains.
1. Severe pain on spine area.
2. Swellings of feet and hands.
3. Pains in almost all her joints which includes her fingers.
4. Tiredness.
She makes me feel as after this baby I should not dare go for another but that is a big joke. I will be glad if I get some info on how I can arrest all these ailments before she starts her classes so as to make her enjoy carrying my baby.

I need tips to help her.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
infogenius: Good day all. its quite some time I have been on Naira land and I see so much info in the air already. Good job.
Well my wife is 19 weeks pregnant. Though I have not taken her for Ante-Natal reason being that she is a teacher and I will like her to go on break which incidentally is this weekend before she starts.
But here a few of her complains.
1. Severe pain on spine area.
2. Swellings of feet and hands.
3. Pains in almost all her joints which includes her fingers.
4. Tiredness.
She makes me feel as after this baby I should not dare go for another but that is a big joke. I will be glad if I get some info on how I can arrest all these ailments before she starts her classes so as to make her enjoy carrying my baby.

I need tips to help her.
She should not be having severe pain in the spine area and pains in her joints. seek medical help immediately. the swellings should not be happening also for now. She should increase her water intake, at least 2.5l daily,try keeping her feet up, and dont sit for a long time.she should move around. The tiredness comes with pregnant. She should rest more often.
meanwhile, let her register for antenatal.she should make sure her b.p and early morning urine should be checked during each visit. also when she's in her third trimester, around 28-30 weeks, she is going to be tested for gestational diabetes.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
@infogenius,

First, you should register your wife for ante-natal.

I am about 20 weeks now, and I also have such symptoms as your wife.

1. I drink a lot of water , 2 liters - 2.5 liters of water every day, this helps the swelling , I also take a banana every morning, raise my legs up when I sleep.

2. She should sleep with pillows to support her back, sit upright.
3. Help her massage her joints and fingers.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2012
@dudugirl hang in their you will hold your baby soon
@ Blank congrats and welcome, about the job i wish you luck, cause pregnancy and a LO @ home seems like you got yours hands full there
@Infogenius well the sever pain is not normal and your wife swollen limbs is also not normal for her gestational age, please go see your doctor and most importantly register for antenatal
@demmy the AVEENO cream is very thick so it will make your baby warm i suggest you use Johnson's cream its most effective for this climate, about your pains @ 6 weeks i think you should also see your doctor

To all you other pregnant ladies HAPPY BAKING!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by amarush(f): 10:00am On Mar 29, 2012
Praise God..... further to my last post i delivered a bouncy baby girl on 22/03, she weighed in at 7Ibs 14oz @ 39weeks. In comparison to my first pregnancy this was text book stright forward, presented my self at hospital and shocked to find that i was 8cms dilated! Contractions (very painful) started at 2am, went into hospital at 8am and she was born at 10.37am, the gas & air really helped, in fact the midwife asked hubby to take it off me LOL as i was overusing it. Last time i had forceps and episiotmy and tore really badly, so i thank god this time was smooth. Now all i have to deal with are my engorged breasts which are oh so painful. Good luck to all you mothers to be!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dyt(f): 10:03am On Mar 29, 2012
wow
congrats
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mogbomoya: 11:06am On Mar 29, 2012
WAOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

Big congrats Amarush.

@Aigboma, pls I need urgent answers. my friend has a 6 weeks old baby and she is no longer breast feeding. she had unprotected sex with hubby and she is scared she wld get pregnant. she wants to use postinor,is it advisable?

Pls any other can contribute, thks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2012
Very big congrats to you amarush.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2012
big congrats amarush.
may God bless and keep the child, amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blank(f): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2012
Congrats my dear. Your testimony is my own prayer. May we also give birth same. Straightforward and no complications. Good luck and more blessings on you and your family.

@ Mogbomaya, i think she can as long as she is not breastfeeding but she should get a more stable form of cantraceptives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6952) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.