Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122953 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 8:26am On Aug 30, 2015
talltosyne:
Other mamas with d book, pls send to others. Thanks

have seen it, tanx very much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2015
Mamas in the house I hail o, please my doctor asked me to drop about 16kg or more, my LMP was 7/7 pls how do I go about this during pregnancy have not heard of anyone loose weight while pregnant before, I don't know if anyone here has gone through this before. Present weight is 106!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 30, 2015
Mowojuoluwa:
Mamas in the house I hail o, please my doctor asked me to drop about 16kg or more, my LMP was 7/7 pls how do I go about this during pregnancy have not heard of anyone loose weight while pregnant before, I don't know if anyone here has gone through this before. Present weight is 106!
Goodmorning dear abeg what sort of doctor will advise a pregnant woman to loose weight shocked

I was 110kg before I became pregnant (iya orobo) but not once did my doctor recommend weight loss except before the pregnancy! I was told to eat healthy and take gently walks whenever I can.

Just don't go on any weight loss diet biko! Try and eat lots of vegetables! Drink lots of water and stay active as best as you can,
The sweet tooth craves will come no doubt just don't overdo it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2015
Chinwendym:
Goodmorning dear abeg what sort of doctor will advise a pregnant woman to loose weight shocked

I was 110kg before I became pregnant (iya orobo) but not once did my doctor recommend weight loss except before the pregnancy! I was told to eat healthy and take gently walks whenever I can.

Just don't go on any weight loss diet biko! Try and eat lots of vegetables! Drink lots of water and stay active as best as you can,
The sweet tooth craves will come no doubt just don't overdo it.
senior gynaecologist oluyoro hospital Ibadan o, he's even requested for fbs and said I must drop 16kg or more before my next appointment! I don't even understand him maybe because I had pcos before I conceived or what! Will try the water therapy and fruits, am also having problems with the list of fruits to take.TIA would appreciate if you can list some for me and what's your present weight cos before I conceived I weigh 98

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2015
Mowojuoluwa:
senior gynaecologist oluyoro hospital Ibadan o, he's even requested for fbs and said I must drop 16kg or more before my next appointment! I don't even understand him maybe because I had pcos before I conceived or what! Will try the water therapy and fruits, am also having problems with the list of fruits to take.TIA would appreciate if you can list some for me and what's your present weight cos before I conceived I weigh 98

All these doctors kwa....Mine is telling me to gain weight @ 88kg....Yours is telling you to loose weight.

Nurse Kaffy4bill abeg come explain to us the role of gaining and shedding weight during preggie.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
Happy Sunday my beautiful mums and mums to be. #Following#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mowojuoluwa I am now at 115kg!

I eat
Apples,
Mangoes ( ate them a lot when in season)
Oranges,
Watermelon,
Avocado ( good for ttc and baby skin)
English pear,
Bananas,
Fresh tomatoes,
Pineapple,pawpaw and grapes! I am keeping off till I'm at least 36 weeks!!!

Squeezed ugu with milk is my weekly treat for building my Hb levels (doctors order coz i had low iron ) been having it even before got pregnant.

And recently i added sugar cane to my diet! Its an awesome source of calcium and other nutrients, helps my constipation and indigestion, ( make sure you don't have type 2 diabetes o) if you wanna eat them.

You are not an " omo aje'okuta maamu omi" like me so stay off fufu aka akpu, aka 6 to 6! Eat your staples with lots of veggies! Affang soup is my main padi right now.

The goal for us obese mums to be is to try not to gain too much weight during pregnancy so as to make it easier to shed after childbirth.
My doctor is "Ok" with my small weight gain and I'm hoping not to cross 120kg by the time I put to bed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Misen: 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
Pls if u can,try and avoid eating solids after 7pm instead take fruits and lotss of water,during my first pregnancy I ate all sorts,ended up gaining almost 18kg,altho I lost it less than 3 months after childbirth, this time around I decided to eat more of fruits, I dnt eat after 7pm,i indulge once in a while and I have put on just 6kg at 33 weeks,so it's all about eating the right thing at the right time,pls pls pls dnt starve urself, instead take more of fruits and water,the lord would see us through, Amen..
#teamoctober#

Mowojuoluwa:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bablors(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
Many things hinder pregnancy but i will mention just two. 1. Sucking of breast. The sucking reflex will stimulate the pituitary gland to secret prolatin(a milk producing hormone)into the blood stream. Prolatin will suppress ovulation. 2. Psychological impact; infertility may have profound psychological effect; partners may become more anxious to conceive. Ironically increasing sexual dysfunction. Fear of what the in-laws can do or rejection by husband will cause anxiety. At such a time because you are not in relaxed state,pregnancy cannot come.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennifer89(f): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
i was 63kg before i got pregnant and now I'm 72kg @ 38 weeks plus. ma doc didn't complain. Chinwendym so u are eating all that fruits alone chia chia dia is God o! Misen how were u able to lose weight in less than three months?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
Chinwendym:
Mowojuoluwa I am now at 115kg!

I eat
Apples,
Mangoes ( ate them a lot when in season)
Oranges,
Watermelon,
Avocado ( good for ttc and baby skin)
English pear,
Bananas,
Fresh tomatoes,
Pineapple,pawpaw and grapes! I am keeping off till I'm at least 36 weeks!!!

Squeezed ugu with milk is my weekly treat for building my Hb levels (doctors order coz i had low iron ) been having it even before got pregnant.

And recently i added sugar cane to my diet! Its an awesome source of calcium and other nutrients, helps my constipation and indigestion, ( make sure you don't have type 2 diabetes o) if you wanna eat them.

You are not an " omo aje'okuta maamu omi" like me so stay off fufu aka akpu, aka 6 to 6! Eat your staples with lots of veggies! Affang soup is my main padi right now.

The goal for us obese mums to be is to try not to gain too much weight during pregnancy so as to make it easier to shed after childbirth.
My doctor is "Ok" with my small weight gain and I'm hoping not to cross 120kg by the time I put to bed.
Thank u for helping me out! I really appreciate now am back to my calm zone have been so worried

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
Misen:
Pls if u can,try and avoid eating solids after 7pm instead take fruits and lotss of water,during my first pregnancy I ate all sorts,ended up gaining almost 18kg,altho I lost it less than 3 months after childbirth, this time around I decided to eat more of fruits, I dnt eat after 7pm,i indulge once in a while and I have put on just 6kg at 33 weeks,so it's all about eating the right thing at the right time,pls pls pls dnt starve urself, instead take more of fruits and water,the lord would see us through, Amen..
#teamoctober#

I will do just that.thamk u ma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
Misen:
Pls if u can,try and avoid eating solids after 7pm instead take fruits and lotss of water,
#teamoctober#
Welcome my teammate.
But wait oh, I noticed this is your first comment on this thread. Where is your membership fee abi you wan dodge am? Happy bumping

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Misen: 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mostly thru breastfeeding and I didn't eat all dem omugwo foods,i took the peppersoup but didn't eat yam and co,mostly I ate clean cos I was concerned on wat my baby was getting out of the breastmilk.

Jennifer89:
i was 63kg before i got pregnant and now I'm 72kg @ 38 weeks plus. ma doc didn't complain. Chinwendym so u are eating all that fruits alone chia chia dia is God o! Misen how were u able to lose weight in less than three months?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Misen: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lool,no oooh @ ozycy, av been on observing mode since I joined this thread,altho av learnt soo much here...who am I paying to?? smiley

quote author=ozycy post=37494608]
W

elcome my teammate.
But wait oh, I noticed this is your first comment on this thread. Where is your membership fee abi you wan dodge am? Happy bumping [/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by livelystone(f): 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thanks a lot.
talltosyne:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by everfaithfulGod(f): 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
misen u are welcome my team mate. enjoy d ride

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Misen: 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thanks soo much teamie smiley

everfaithfulGod:
misen u are welcome my team mate. enjoy d ride
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
Misen:
Lool,no oooh @ ozycy, av been on observing mode since I joined this thread,altho av learnt soo much

You pay to me..... grin
Welcome teamie, settle down and enjoy the countdown kiss

#TeamOctoberrepresenting wink
#TeamOctoberrocks wink
#TeamSneezeandDeliver grin
#TeamSwiftandEasyDelivery grin

-TeamAugust, give us a Sunday baby nah, una see una sef like this....."put me last, put me last....' It will end in praise. Amin

- TeamSept......oya class captain get list ready o. When the list is ready we will do roll call anybody wey never pack bag, should be ready to do preggie frog jump around this thread, I no go hear sorry o angry

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divinemandate: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
talltosyne:
oh so happy. got it. God bless u mightly
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hauneg(f): 5:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
All these preggy ladies with their countdown and roll calling abi na register sef dey make pregnancy hungry me ooo.
But I go cool myself down ooo cos they get who to rub their back and me never get.

Momma Zaynie pls give me a birth date mate.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
Misen:
Lool,no oooh @ ozycy, av been on observing mode since I joined this thread,altho av learnt soo much here...who am I paying to?? smileyquote author=post=37494608]
Zaynie have answered you. Pay her asap so you can become a full member. No more observation mode, u got to be commenting here always.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hauneg:
All these preggy ladies with their countdown and roll calling abi na register sef dey make pregnancy hungry me ooo.
But I go cool myself down ooo cos they get who to rub their back and me never get.

Momma Zaynie pls give me a birth date mate.

Hi hauneg,
As long as you are not 4th and 17th I will consider you. Those 2 days, 3 ppl very close to me have birthdays and I have begged God that I dont want my baby to have their kind of character..... dem too dey secretive and pretentious . Even if labour hold me on those days I will hold body till 12 midnight.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 6:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
zaynie:

Hi hauneg,
As long as you are not 4th and 17th I will consider you. Those 2 days, 3 ppl very close to me have birthdays and I have begged God that I dont want my baby to have their kind of character..... dem too dey secretive and pretentious . Even if labour hold me on those days I will hold body till 12 midnight.

Lolz....See stereotyping.... grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stadora(f): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
Funny
zaynie:

Hi hauneg,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stadora(f): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
My pple, I say mk I update una on my situation.
My madam was able 2 tok wt my fathers wife , wo after listenin 2 her acepted 2 acept me n hv asked me 2 com n stay wt dem while she looks after me n d baby d much she can.
So I ll b travellin 2 d east(awka) by nxt moro, 2 join dem n stay wt dem atlist 4 som months after delivery.
I want 2 thank u all 4 ur sugestions n contributions. U re all wonderful n I pray Non of ur own wil eva pass tru ds my Kind of suferin.
Thanks once again n may God continue 2 shower his blessins on all of us mamas in ds room.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hauneg(f): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
zaynie:

Hi hauneg,
Chai!!!
May the labour visit you at exactly 11:59 am on 17th so you will do the necessary pushing and "pulling" till 18th.
I rep October 18.
Tell all those bad belle three ppl not to spoil October born names ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by seunkeji5(f): 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
stadora:
My madam was able 2 tok wt my fathers wife , wo after listenin 2 her acepted 2 acept me n hv asked me 2 com n stay wt dem while she looks after me n d baby d much she can.
So I ll b travellin 2 d east(awka) by nxt moro, 2 join dem n stay wt dem atlist 4 som months after delivery.
I want 2 thank u all 4 ur sugestions n contributions. U re all wonderful n I pray Non of ur own wil eva pass tru ds my Kind of suferin.
Thanks once again n may God continue 2 shower his blessins on all of us mamas in ds room.

Good development
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hey! Drop ur email ASAP! I want to tell u something. Something good. Lol
stadora:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
Stadora, you dont know how glad I am to read this update.
The good and ever merciful God will stay with you and your child, he will make childbirth easy for you and give you a gentle, healthy and non fussy child so that no one will have a reason to tight face for you.
As you go to Awka, let humility and patience be your watch word. Humility so that they wont have the justification to throw you out or make your life a living hell and patience to know that it is only a matter of time till you get back on your feet and continue your hustle.
Also dont forget to inform the man that impregnated you when you deliver. Let him know the sex and even give him a chance to name the child. In your anger or frustration dont deny your child his paternal identity. You are not doing those things for the man, you are doing it for your child.
I wish you the very best and I trust that you will come out of this stronger, smarter and better for it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
stadora:
Thank God.I hv been worried about you.I am so happy now.you will see how much joy you will be blessed with when your sunshine arrives.take care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by viviparity: 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
@stadora God wil be wt u. My ppl hv seen this blood again like whn period is about 2 end.@nurskiff nd sabi mamas ans me.,.o, it happend on tue went hosp did scan 2x all was fyn but mid- uterin- posteior placenta.was place on bedrest 4 5day,went back yestaday all was fyn.but after service 2day saw it again. Pls what should i do. teamsept4grace

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.