Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8110843 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
modath:

God will not only bless your endeavors, all babies birthed will be sources of Good News to their parents..

Miscarriages & stillbirths will not locate your practice...

Success all the way... Amin ..

Amen sis, tanx a lot. How r u,dh,LBK and siblings? We dey kampe here oooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bez(f): 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hi everyone!!! greetings to my seniors in the house av been a silent reader on this thread for a while lols i'm having some challenges abeg make ona help me I am 13wk and 3days gone was diagnosed with malaria + my doctor gave me atesunate to take one morning and one evening but I am just scared I want to know from my Sabi mamas if it's safe and okay at this stage or if anyone else has been in my shoes and what the person took please thanks.as for dues I will pay it asap lols

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
blessedtwins:
Pocahuntaz careful with the Lipton and lime thing.if possible wean yourself off it
rezzy it is skimmed milk
missmalachi shuo shocked which day you off load and kpekus is the next thing.hian.i nor wan hear Yoruba o with ur vj just starting to heal o.consult some kpekus experts first sha. dm many for hia grin
HaOº°˚ha ˚°haºoo.ha Oº°˚ha˚°ºoo. Oº°˚haha˚°haºoo
No blame me i don ddey break for 3months plus ni o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
rezzy:
@firsttymum and other mamas,

I'm about going to the market, is it skimmed or unskimmed milk?
skimmed milk

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by happymama: 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
Ope oo,i finally finish readin lyk 7pages i misd,congrats 2mama dt offloadd,may God tke care of dem,nd those mamas dt lost dem babies,double honour 4ur pains,afflictn wil nt rise again,my oct pple its our tym 2rejoice,nothin wil cut our joy short in Jesus name....

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2015
Cynthiajay:
don't take lipton o.its not good 4 pregnant women.My Last ante natal lecture,the matron warned us never to take lipton in pregnancy.
shocked
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
Chinwendym:
Una two no serious angry me self I be one leg Oct and one leg Nov but ozycy no gree put me for October cry but Una two wan enjoy both month abi?
I simply want your baby to bake well, no be say I no wan put you for team oct.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Lipton tea is a big fat NO
shocked and I ve been drinking lipton since I became preggy cos milo no gree me drink again. What does the lipton do to the baby? I drink the lipton with enough milk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2015
firsttymum:
Then u r November. grin
Why are you giving her hope? The late scan I did at abt 29weeks brought my edd forward to oct 1. Oct 1 never pass? angry

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
ozycy:

Why are you giving her hope? The late scan I did at abt 29weeks brought my edd forward to oct 1. Oct 1 never pass? angry
Lmfao..... grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
ozycy:

I simply want your baby to bake well, no be say I no wan put you for team oct.
I hear you angry

This Lipton matter weh Una dey talk me I dey drink am o! I put two tea bags in a mug most times with enough milk though, and its my dinner most nights when bloating won't allow me eat anything. So far the only effect I've observed is my baby being super active each time I drink it which I think is the caffeine giving him a high cool lolz.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
ozycy:

Class captain jinx! grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bukola175: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hi

pls I need an advice, did is my second tym of seeing my period dis month . though dis is d first tym it happening wat could b d reason bcus I av been married for 2yrs without any sign of pregnancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pocahuntaz(f): 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
Abeg oooo experience mamas in da house, I dey Spit nd itz embarrassing...Throat always Dry and if I try chew Gun Saliva go block my throat.....plz Snrs wat shuld I do? Tayad much......#teamfeb# Bsides I nefa Pay ooo undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
pocahuntaz:
Abeg oooo experience mamas in da house, I dey Spit nd itz embarrassing...Throat always Dry and if I try chew Gun Saliva go block my throat.....plz Snrs wat shuld I do? Tayad much......#teamfeb# Bsides I nefa Pay ooo undecided
Sorry dear its all part of the package tongue you may try sucking on fresh ginger? Or frozen cucumber? Chewing gum actually nakesyou salivate more so try and avoid it! Or you get a minty sweet?

Bez sabi mamas will answer you soon! But I doubt any doctor will give you a med that's not safe knowing you are pregnant. I haven't treated malaria since I got preggo, I only was giving fansider at 20 and 24 weeks which I was told was a preventive and not curative like artesunate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
@ Bez

Treatment of malaria in pregnancy (table 9)

Pregnant women with symptomatic acute malaria are a high-risk group, and must receive effective antimalarials. There is insufficient information on the safety and efficacy of most antimalarials in pregnancy, particularly for exposure in the first trimester when organogenesis occurs and teratogenesis is of particular concern. The antimalarials considered safe in the first trimester of pregnancy include quinine, chloroquine, and proguanil. Sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine is considered to be safe during the 2nd and 3rd trimester. The artemisinins are considered safe in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, but there are insufficient data to recommend these highly effective drugs in the 1st trimester, and they are currently not recommended (unless there are no alternatives). Doxycycline, tetracycline, halofantrine (embryotoxic and cardiotoxic), primaquine (haemolysis of fetal RBC) and tafenoquine are contraindicated for use during pregnancy. Mefloquine has been associated with an increased risk of stillbirth but can be used if there is no available alternative.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
@ bukola175

I understand the frustration that you may be feeling right now 2 years is a long time especially in Nigeria where its almost expected you get married today and a baby must be present in the preceding 9 months. What I would suggest to you is the following:

1.) Go to your doctor and get tested let him test all your hormonal levels and your husband should do the same and also have a sperm count done.

2.) Find out when you are ovulating and try to have intimacy during that time.

3.) Try your best not to stress about it.

Take care and good luck!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
HI everyone

Happy safe 10 months to you all. I miss you guys. smiley

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2015
@ Mama Agiboma thanks for checking on us all.how ur prince n angel n dh doing.thanks once more for opening this thread.Godbless u n family kiss

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
agiboma:
HI everyone

Happy safe 10 months to you all. I miss you guys. smiley

So good to have you pop in, the brain behind this wonderful thread. Thought you had moved on and left the thread behind. The thread has really been helpful to many. I wish you all the best in all your endeavors.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 10:44pm On Oct 03, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Lipton tea is a big fat NO

Ah! Our able Nurse Kaffy, please tell what are the implications? Lipton that I don't drink when not pregnant,didnt even crave for it in my previous pregnancies. It is different with this one o. Been taking it every other day since 6 weeks. 31 weeks gone now. I even took a cup this morning sad.

#proudlyteamdecember#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stadora(f): 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2015
tyconcepts:

If genie told me am gon' port to October, I no go believe but here am I still rolling at 40wks + but I no worry.....Na God know wen LO enter and wen e go drop.

Pineapple no be my calling o!
Ofcos dear, we re Waitin 4 d miracle Wich mst surely hapen.
Niyyah congrats
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mbula(f): 3:58am On Oct 04, 2015
stadora:

Ofcos dear, we re Waitin 4 d miracle Wich mst surely hapen.
Niyyah congrats

my dear I am also in your shoes ooooo 40 weeks plus and a ftm.but I am looking at induction dis coming week cuz I'm scared that LO may grow fat than previously.All the same, I sure know JESUS is in our boat so we can smile at d storm....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 04, 2015
ozycy:

shocked and I ve been drinking lipton since I became preggy cos milo no gree me drink again. What does the lipton do to the baby? I drink the lipton with enough milk.
There is nothing wrong with Lipton if you take it once every other day. Too much of it is not advisable because of caffeine. Steer clear of green tea though, it has as much caffeine as coffee.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by promprom: 6:31am On Oct 04, 2015
Please can I be pregnant?? We had se.x one night and the next morning I took postinor2. I think I'm pregnant and we don't. I don't Want the child cos we already have 4kids.
My question is, What medicine can I take to abort it, apart from D&C. We don't want to go to our doctor cos he will suggest I keep it.
Please Doctors,Gynaecologists and mama's in the house, what medicine can I take. I need a very good one..
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 7:16am On Oct 04, 2015
Good morning everyone. Wish you all a happy sunday. Pls when does one's bump starts showing for a FTM?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 7:50am On Oct 04, 2015
Was told at ANC that Lipton mks kids unduely restless..that even after they are born such kids are difficult to control..dunno how true it is..me sha didn't want to tk chances cos I can't fit shout..I stayed clear of it but bought decaf teabag instead..TETLEY DECAF..its nice and you can try it if u really must use a teabag smiley..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Abiagirl777(f): 8:12am On Oct 04, 2015
missmalachi:
Thank u.i ws given analgesics ooo but I don't know why I stilll felt some pain wen he ws sewingg it ooo.d aftermath pain is wat hs been unbearable.i took some panadol n am a bit relief.
I used warm water, salt n dettol o n dey wer telling me dd warm water caaused it.

hmm,i don see my partner,i went back for a restitch on 1st oct cos the former melted and the cut stated bleeding again after 3 wks of birth,same warm water issue.it was when i went back dat i was told the water should be the same as the one you can feed a newborn,the fault is from the hosspital who wont tell one hw warm it shld be .i'm yet to sit down for 3 days nw ,only lying dow because of the pain.
New mamas take note

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2015
pocahuntaz:

Once you pay, all those rubbish symptoms go leave u wink

On a serious note, have you tried chewing on something spicy and minty. Like minty or ginger flavored sweets. If it doesnt work just enjoy your package jejely grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stadora(f): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2015
mbula:

my dear I am also in your shoes ooooo 40 weeks plus and a ftm.but I am looking at induction dis coming week cuz I'm scared that LO may grow fat than previously.All the same, I sure know JESUS is in our boat so we can smile at d storm....
Lolz... am nt even afraid, bt d nurse durin my last week antenatal said I ll hv 2 c a doc in my nxt visit. N I gues d doc wil recomend induction as I ve passed my edd since 27.
My faith is always in God d most high. We shal all have our babies in our hands soon....Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iffffffy(f): 10:11am On Oct 04, 2015
promprom:
Please can I be pregnant?? We had se.x one night and the next morning I took postinor2. I think I'm pregnant and we don't. I don't Want the child cos we already have 4kids.
My question is, What medicine can I take to abort it, apart from D&C. We don't want to go to our doctor cos he will suggest I keep it.
Please Doctors,Gynaecologists and mama's in the house, what medicine can I take. I need a very good one..
Thank you.
I don't think we treat this type of case here.... Wrong thread!!! every child is a blessing and I think u should have gone for family planning since u've reached ur bus stop.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pocahuntaz(f): 11:48am On Oct 04, 2015
@Chinwendyn nd Zaynie, thnks fr replying.....Buh like wht nd wht I shuld start eating,gimme suggestion....Abeg who b my class Rep so I can pay....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.