Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Is Finishing My Nysc Year At an early age an advantage - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is Finishing My Nysc Year At an early age an advantage (1624 Views)

My NYSC Year In Pictures / How To Enjoy And Make The Best Of Your NYSC Year! / Just Got My NYSC 2015 Batch A Call Number Via Sms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Finishing My Nysc Year At an early age an advantage by hilaryflex: 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ur advice pls..

1 Like

Re: Is Finishing My Nysc Year At an early age an advantage by hilaryflex: 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
Post script: come october 2012, I'll be through with my service.

1 Like

Re: Is Finishing My Nysc Year At an early age an advantage by tanimola22: 5:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
hilaryflex:

Post script: come october 2012, I'll be through with my service.

Good for you. It depends on what you like to do. If you want to pursue further studies to the very end, then you should see yourself finishing a PhD at the age of 27. In that case, you will be competing with my chick friend who will be finishing her PhD in Quantitative Finance at 27. If you want to go the gbogboero route of job haunting, then age is also an advantage for you as you can search for jobs for even 7 years before getting above the entry level age. And you know what, you will have gotten a job before the 7 years elapse. You clearly have age on your side. Use it well.

If I were you, and I like plenty book, then I will definitely pursue my studies up to PhD level before I start looking for jobs. I can always keep my PhD degree and apply for jobs with my BSc or Master's degree. Either way, you are at an advantage because, even after the PhD, you will still be young. All the best guy.

1 Like

Re: Is Finishing My Nysc Year At an early age an advantage by kunlefox(m): 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2012
Hey @Op...We rock the same boat,graduated last yr @19 and currently serving in lagos...tho i've planned to take up my masters immediately after service by Gods' grace ofcourse...One thing for sure is i wanna be done with my Msc not l8r than me @23...
Best of luck to you man..

1 Like

Re: Is Finishing My Nysc Year At an early age an advantage by chimuchi(f): 7:45pm On Mar 14, 2012
u may find some answers useful on afternysc

1 Like

Re: Is Finishing My Nysc Year At an early age an advantage by hilaryflex: 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2012
Thanks guys...I really wanna make the best use of my advantage(agewise) you know..More candid comments please.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unable To Access My Bio Data Page FOR NYSC / NYSC Online Registration Form Sample (educational Purpose Only) / 2015 RECRUITMENT FOR IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.