Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? (27873 Views)

I Got 10000 Foreign Currency Note From The Okirika Trouser I Bought / I Need Ist Grade Okirika,where Can I Get Such / N (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by phonebook: 9:08am On Mar 09, 2012
hello house.pls how do i remove d 'okirika' smell from clothing.
i'm a stay at home mum n i recently started sellin children first grade ok to augment my income.i'd wash d items myself in my washing machine nd get someone to iron them ,then i'll take it round in d car to sell.but i can't seem to get the 'ok'smell off the clothing!! some of my customers ask me to meet dem in thier offices nd they 'v asked me to look for ways to tone down or completly remove d 'smell' as dey buy the items discreetly n will like to kip it that way.
i'll greatly appreciate ur advise,thank u.
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by phonebook: 1:33am On Mar 10, 2012
its amazin how much one can learn by simply 'googlin' d web! just learnt two recipes for home made fabric freshner.one method uses vodka,distilled water nd essential oils,d second method usin baking soda,fabric conditioner and vinegar.febreeze was an option but the cost restrictive. i'm hitting th stores first thing tomorrow.
wish me luck!

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by stayalive(f): 5:40am On Mar 10, 2012
Wash them well with a good soap and when dry keep lots of camphor in them for some time before you use them. Another choice is use a disinfectant during washing.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by phonebook: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2012
@ stayalive thanks for the response
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by buzor(m): 11:06am On Mar 11, 2012
watch with a nice smelly soap and u a good perfume and spray.
my 2cent
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by phonebook: 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2012
@ buzor thanks for the response
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by otokx(m): 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
kindly let us know if the baking soda method worked.
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by bolorunfem(f): 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2012
The baking soda method, if it truly works should be the best. All those other options of spraying or disinfecting will make the clothes have a strong and unusual smell which will still attract suspicion that the poster wants to avoid. New imported cloths don't spell of perf or camphor, or do they?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by Ayeka: 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2012
Apparently, overseas stores use a hand steamer to remove the smell of someone else's body so that by the time you try it on, it smells new.
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by phonebook: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2012
@ ayeka,the fabric steamer idea is good advice.pls were can i buy this fabric steamer in lagos as im almost certain i wont get it here in kaduna,thank you
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by phonebook: 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2012
@ otokk ,ive not yet tried out the baking soda method but im thinking this fabric steamer might do the trick.apart from removing funky smell from clothings,i'm told it also removes wrinkles which is a plus.@ bolorufem,thanks for the observations.
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by i4serious: 4:15pm On May 17, 2012
Phonebook can u pls send me ur email? i4serious@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by annawhite(f): 5:07pm On May 17, 2012
phonebook please where do u buy your goods,im intrested in buying stuff like dat
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by toyemz(f): 12:28am On May 20, 2012
@OP

fabric clothes steamer
last I heard that one can get it with JML
I have heard they have an agent in Nigeria
Here it retails for about £40.
i dont know about the nigerian cost,but hey look for it
it not only removes the offending smell,but also smoothens out wrinkles and ceases
it is worth using
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by honour6(m): 10:11pm On May 20, 2012
Simplest method, hang the clothes outside all through the night, by morning all the smell would have left.
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by Meridian(f): 3:33pm On May 22, 2012
Soak it for a while with salt, premier bar soap & arial detergent and wash with those three. Spread it where sun will heat it very well and give me feedback

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by tchaik(m): 3:33pm On May 22, 2012
honour6: Simplest method, hang the clothes outside all through the night, by morning all the smell would have left.
Used to try this method, it didn't work; the smell was still noticeable. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 22, 2012
:oHow to Wash OKIRIKA in front Page, SMH....Seun and His Murder-rators should stop embarrassing NLers

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by sharpman1(m): 3:46pm On May 22, 2012
phonebook: hello house.pls how do i remove d 'okirika' smell from clothing.
i'm a stay at home mum n i recently started sellin children first grade ok to augment my income.i'd wash d items myself in my washing machine nd get someone to iron them ,then i'll take it round in d car to sell.but i can't seem to get the 'ok'smell off the clothing!! some of my customers ask me to meet dem in thier offices nd they 'v asked me to look for ways to tone down or completly remove d 'smell' as dey buy the items discreetly n will like to kip it that way.
i'll greatly appreciate ur advise,thank u.

Add dettol or izal in water and use to wash the clothes. The smell will completely disappear.
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by Jenticles(f): 3:47pm On May 22, 2012
@kayusfit u really need 2 grow up, ur hatred 4 Igbos is getting out of hand n i think u need help asap. Are they better than u?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by adino(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2012
@ Phonebook
Some methods I saw through Oga Google

Inexpensive ways
1. Add a few cups of vinegar with your detergent to the clothes to wash.
2. Wash the clothes in hot water without shrinking them depending on fabric content.
3. Remove the clothes after washing and immediately hang outside (in the sun preferably).

1. By adding 4 cups of table salt along with your preferred detergent to a full load of clothes.
2. After they agitated a few minutes, turn the washer off and let them soak overnight.
3. Next morning,turn the washer back on and let it finish.
4. Remove the clothes after washing and immediately hang outside (in the sun preferably).
Other sources:
http://moldblogger.com/how-to-remove-mold-and-the-smell-from-clothing/
http://www.ehow.com/how_5412057_rid-musty-smell-old-clothing.html (Must Read)
http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Musty-Smell-from-Clothes (with pics)

Note:
DO not use perfume or camphor, unless they are to be used as personal clothing's. Otherwise people may decode that you are packaging Aloko (Okrika). Naija people dem sharp die.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 22, 2012
CHESSBOARD: :oHow to Wash OKIRIKA in front Page, SMH....Seun and His Murder-rators should stop embarrassing NLers
This are the kind of threads we need on the homepage not 'tonto quits smoking' type.

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by lacasa: 4:22pm On May 22, 2012
kayusfit: @OP; ask the Igbo's. They deal and sell second hand clothes. Their Boss ojukwu also wore okirika till he went to HELL
gringringringringrin
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by tchaik(m): 4:28pm On May 22, 2012
CHESSBOARD: :oHow to Wash OKIRIKA in front Page, SMH....Seun and His Murder-rators should stop embarrassing NLers
Swear say u never wear Okirika?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by Odinaka00(m): 4:30pm On May 22, 2012
♍Ɣ sister this ȋ̝̊̅§ d best solution, soak doz cloths i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a bawl full of FUEL.......after like 30mins yu wil see d magic
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 22, 2012
I second the fabric steamer. That way, u need not wash. Washing could decrease the newness of the cloths by washing off some layer of colour. Invest in the steamer

1 Like

Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by mamaafrik(m): 4:43pm On May 22, 2012
Try soak it in hypo 4 3days,wash & kip in freezer 4 2 days,orun tiii.
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by Opoki(m): 4:44pm On May 22, 2012
Akube...?
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by kingrhirhs(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2012
[quote
author=honour6]Simplest method, hang the clothes outside all through
the night, by morning all the smell would have left.[/quote]
Hang outside for a longa period till u notice the smell has reduced n than sock for a week with any wishin soap dependin on the quentity and than wash. U will thank me.
Re: How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing? by slimyem: 5:08pm On May 22, 2012
hmmmm....interesting thread!cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 / CBN To Reduce The Volume Of N500, N1000 In Circulation - Nairametrics / Put Your Hands To Work Learn How To Make Liquid Air Freshener For FREE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.