Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs (1496 Views)

Free Project Topics And Materials For Final Year Students In Nigeria / The Spirit Of Enterprise “aspiring Entrepreneurs Seminar, Nov 19, 2011” / Project Management - World-class Project Management Training In Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs by knzguru(m): 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2007
Hi there just thot to share this info with y'all.

=============================================================================================================

Project Management is the 4th most valuable certification in the world.

A leading project management training institute is considering organising a series of FREE project management seminars from November for 500 participants only. All participants must have had experience working on projects for their organisations. Working in the operations department of your organisation is a plus.

Participants stand the a chance to win a scholarship and discounts on the Project Management Training required to become a PMP (Project Management Professional) or CAPM (Certified Assistant Project Manager). In addition all attendees get a certificate of attendance.

=============================================================================================================

I'll like to know if nairalanders are interested so i could convince them to add you to their list even if you don't have the necessary qualifications.

Want more details? just send an email to knzguru@yahoo.com and i'll reply with all the details though i'll only be responding via this forum. Though SEUN does NOT know about the seminar, he knows about me, so you can always check with him.

Good luck!
Re: Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs by knzguru(m): 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2007
In answer to the questions in my mailbox:

So far 5 nairalanders have registered

Each seminar has a maximum of 50 participants for a total of 10 classes.

Only one of these classes (50 participants) would be open to nairalanders and i suppose it would be scheduled for the middle of November.

In my next few posts, i'll be talking about what you would gain and how your career would benefit from Project Management training. Later on i'll be providing information on companies who urgently require personnel Project Management skills. Later on we'll be looking at a few of the most prominent and recognised Project Management Training Centers in the country. So stay tuned

"This is my little contribution to nairaland"
Re: Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs by knzguru(m): 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2007
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND YOU

Project management in today’s Nigeria, has grown simultaneously with entrepreneurship, and birth, growth and sustainability of organizations. It is fast becoming one of the most sought-after workplace skills by corporate bodies and new emerging entrepreneurs. Businesses are becoming more project-focused and clamoring for discipline, standardization and effectiveness in the management of their projects.

Corporate bodies and new entrepreneurs are conscious of the need to ensure that their businesses and investments continue to make profits and remain relevant to customer needs. On the other hand, there is an increasing awareness to not allow or to reduce the number of projects falling into troubled waters; on the contrary, there is wide scale consciousness to increase project profitability, timeliness and overall quality.

Given advancements in communication technology, the world has become a small village, and more entrepreneurs in developing countries now have opportunities and access to novel trainings methods often found or limited to multi-billion dollar corporations in the west. Interestingly, more and more clients in developing countries are finding that the principles to success are basically the same, and it does not matter if the business initiative is in Nigeria, or in New York.
Re: Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs by knzguru(m): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2007
cool 8 people have registered so far
Re: Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs by knzguru(m): 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2007
The Future Project Management Professional (PMP)

Project management is a great career choice, and is a core even over technical domains. Often project managers are recruited to oversee the work of technical people like engineers, doctors, community workers etc. Of course, these have implications on employment packages and benefits. Average salaries are going up! The demand is strong because there are so few trained project managers and organizations have so many projects to do. However, one needs solid demonstrable skills to convince today’s employer that you are a capable “project manager”. Such fundamental skills and been pulled from decades of successful project management and packaged into training modules for the next generation of Project managers. The PMP programme offers this full training, using a mixture of approaches, including personal mentoring. A PMP certification could get you not only attention but also that opportunity to much needed increase in working conditions and benefits.

If you enjoy the prestige that comes from being the best in your field, then you’ll appreciate the professional advantages derived from attaining the PMP, the profession’s most globally recognized and respected credential. The PMP designation following your name tells current and potential employers that you have demonstrated a solid foundation of knowledge from which you can competently practice project management.

Executives are constantly looking for breakthrough strategies that will give their companies a competitive edge, and some will go the extra mile to get the right manager for the job. Experience from top level executives revealed that even though an organization might have formulated good strategies, they will still need to be operated by different departments, each charged with specific activities within corporate strategy. At the center of all these are “PEOPLE”, each with his or her frame of mind. Finally, it's up to individual employees to execute within their daily jobs. However, what happens if the strategies are not well communicated What if employees lack essential skills to accomplish their work? What will happen if cultural barriers stand in the way of progress? Executives worldwide have acknowledged these gaps, and therefore have proactively sought for professionals in Project management.
Re: Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs by knzguru(m): 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2007
About the PMP® Credential Certificate

PMP® is offered by PMI® (Project Management Institute), and demonstrates advanced knowledge of and experience with Project Management concepts. PMI® was established in 1969 and located outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA. It is the world's leading not-for-profit professional association serving project management with over 90,000 members worldwide. PMI® is also recognized as a standards and certification body, and is the education source of choice for those looking to become Project Management Professionals (PMP®). The prestigious PMP® designation offers individuals worldwide recognition as a Project Management professional, supported by core knowledge and understanding of critical Project Management concepts, principles and techniques.
Re: Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs by knzguru(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2007
Hi all,

One of the advantages of signing up for project management training is that you get to work on real projects with present or past participants dependig on your area of interest. As you well know, this would look really good when added to your work experience.

23 people have registered so far

remember to send your emal to knzguru@yahoo.com for more details
Re: Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs by duintes: 6:24am On Nov 16, 2007
This has been deleted
Re: Free Project Management Seminar - News, Information & Jobs by knzguru(m): 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2007
Hello Everyone.

The last Project Management Seminar was held on the 24th of November 2007.

Participants were able to gain substantial knowledge on the concept of Project Management and its applicability and relevance to almost every area of industry.

The next OPEN-DOOR sesssion would hold sometime this December 2007.

Please keep your ears to the ground as I'll be keeping you posted via this thread.

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Watch Dstv, Hitv & Mytv Free / Our Projection Packages For All Events In Nigeria - Xtraminds Concept / Top 6 Websites To Download Free Educating Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.