Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters (24211 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The National Population Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by DrummaBoy(m): 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2012
I will be traveling to Tunisia towards the end of next month for a short course.

I have tried to see if I could get to their embassy via the internet but the address (Plot 79 Younis Bosorun Street, VI, Lagos) is like unknown on Lagos map and the phone no is not working. Does that address really exist?

Pls does anyone know anything about applying to Tunisian Embassy for visa?
What is their Visa application process, cost, etc.

I would appreciate any worthwhile explanation.

Thank You.
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by DrummaBoy(m): 11:42am On Mar 16, 2012
Well apparently, I had to answer my question myself.
So this is for the information of those who may wish to know. The Tunisian embassy located in located @ plot 79, Younis Basorun str., VI. has moved to Abuja since 2003:
Embassy of the Republic of Tunisia
Address: 11, Kainji Street, Off Lake Chad Crescent, Maitama, Abuja
Phone: +234 9 4132966-7; Fax: +234 9 4132668

Apparently all visa application to Tunisia must be done in person at that location. Thank you.
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by obalukan: 8:25am On Mar 31, 2012
@ Drumma, Thanks for the information can you please me the application procedures and the visa fee. Thanks
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by DrummaBoy(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
obalukan: @ Drumma, Thanks for the information can you please me the application procedures and the visa fee. Thanks

Sorry I saw this late but if it will still help: you apply in person @ the embassy and then pay a fee of N4,500 after the visa is granted.
Your visa is almost certain if you have an invite from Tunisia and your ticket and accomodation is sure.
In fact Tunisia is one country you can fly to and obtain visa at the airport b4 entering the nation only ensure your documents are sure.
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by adigunomomama(m): 4:18am On Sep 28, 2012
DrummaBoy:

Sorry I saw this late but if it will still help: you apply in person @ the embassy and then pay a fee of N4,500 after the visa is granted.
Your visa is almost certain if you have an invite from Tunisia and your ticket and accomodation is sure.
In fact Tunisia is one country you can fly to and obtain visa at the airport b4 entering the nation only ensure your documents are sure.

Guy have you be granted the visa and what's the document like cos i wanna apply...

And if you don't mind, ♓☺w much is the ticket to Tunis?

Thanks
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by Meemconnect: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
adigunomomama:

Guy have you be granted the visa and what's the document like cos i wanna apply...

And if you don't mind, ♓☺w much is the ticket to Tunis?

Thanks
me too wanna travel to tunisia & i have someone that wanna invite me
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by DrummaBoy(m): 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
Wow, It seem I am becoming an authority in Tunisia travel, lol!

Let me make it clear what informed my travel to Tunis, Tunisia, so that some people don't see it as an escape route again for Nigerians.

I was sent by office for an international training. So I needed to get visa to the country after I had been invited by the training director, my hotel accomodation secured and sundry documents obtained. When I came to Nairaland to seek info, there was virtually non. I eventually got the embassy adress in Abuja, travelled to Abuja for and applied for the visa and was granted in about 10 days. I paid N4,500 for it.

For the person asking the flight cost. Well, till today I did not find out bc the flight was paid for. I travelled with Quatar Airways with a flight to Dohar, Qatar, then unto to Tunis, Tunisia. And I came back same route. Four flight about 24 hours journey. Very hectic.

But for those who are really intent on going to Tunisia, this is what I found about the country which may help you (by the way I spent 6 days, and I enjoyed every moment of it)

1. It is a french speaking country with very few people speaking English, so arm yourself with french and Arabic to live in Tunisia.
2. It has a good and stable economy with 1 Tunisian Dinar translating to 100 naira or 1 dollar to 5 dinar ( i think!?)
3. Things are a bit more expensive in that country than Nigeria so travel with a good supply of dollars. Their economy resembles a europian economy bc they have close ties with italy and france.
4. You hardly find a Nigerian bc it is french speaking
5. Like I said b4 you can travel to Tunisia without a visa
6. Tunisia is the most liberal islamic nation in the middle east region. The men can only marry one wife. I saw so many women driving.
7. I would advice one travels to Tunisia as a proffesional or equiped with ability to make money. Find someone you can hang with for about half a year and then find your own place.
8. etc, As I find more info I would let you know.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by Meemconnect: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
DrummaBoy: Wow, It seem I am becoming an authority in Tunisia travel, lol!

Let me make it clear what informed my travel to Tunis, Tunisia, so that some people don't see it as an escape route again for Nigerians.

I was sent by office for an international training. So I needed to get visa to the country after I had been invited by the training director, my hotel accomodation secured and sundry documents obtained. When I came to Nairaland to seek info, there was virtually non. I eventually got the embassy adress in Abuja, travelled to Abuja for and applied for the visa and was granted in about 10 days. I paid N4,500 for it.

For the person asking the flight cost. Well, till today I did not find out bc the flight was paid for. I travelled with Quatar Airways with a flight to Dohar, Qatar, then unto to Tunis, Tunisia. And I came back same route. Four flight about 24 hours journey. Very hectic.

But for those who are really intent on going to Tunisia, this is what I found about the country which may help you (by the way I spent 6 days, and I enjoyed every moment of it)

1. It is a french speaking country with very few people speaking English, so arm yourself with french and Arabic to live in Tunisia.
2. It has a good and stable economy with 1 Tunisian Dinar translating to 100 naira or 1 dollar to 5 dinar ( i think!?)
3. Things are a bit more expensive in that country than Nigeria so travel with a good supply of dollars. Their economy resembles a europian economy bc they have close ties with italy and france.
4. You hardly find a Nigerian bc it is french speaking
5. Like I said b4 you can travel to Tunisia without a visa
6. Tunisia is the most liberal islamic nation in the middle east region. The men can only marry one wife. I saw so many women driving.
7. I would advice one travels to Tunisia as a proffesional or equiped with ability to make money. Find someone you can hang with for about half a year and then find your own place.
8. etc, As I find more info I would let you know.
..... To make things clear, I intend going there & staying permanently.... I'm going to tunis or Ben arousse... Please tell me procedures on getting visa & cost of living in tunis
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by DrummaBoy(m): 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2012
On the procedure for getting visa I have talked about that
DrummaBoy: Well apparently, I had to answer my question myself.
So this is for the information of those who may wish to know. The Tunisian embassy located in located @ plot 79, Younis Basorun str., VI. has moved to Abuja since 2003:
Embassy of the Republic of Tunisia
Address: 11, Kainji Street, Off Lake Chad Crescent, Maitama, Abuja
Phone: +234 9 4132966-7; Fax: +234 9 4132668

Apparently all visa application to Tunisia must be done in person at that location. Thank you.

and
DrummaBoy:

As for cost of living, from what I experienced it is higher than that of Lagos or even Abuja. Maybe in per with living in PH. Poing is you must have a job to do! I lived in a hotel paid for by the agency that sent me for 6 days, but I still think cost of living a bit higher than that of Nigeria. Food is cheaper though. But rent and other, certainly higher. Hope that helped.

1 Like

Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by bugzi: 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
Thank you, this information was useful but how do I dial the number, its just saying incorrect....and I was told getting the visa at the port of entry is not possible??
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by bugzi: 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
what documents do I need?
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by Meemconnect: 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
What is your purpose of going there?
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by obalukan: 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
@ poster, you are a good person and i hope every body is happy to read all your post. Keep it up, nairaland need a person like you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by DrummaBoy(m): 10:24am On Dec 03, 2012
obalukan: @ poster, you are a good person and i hope every body is happy to read all your post. Keep it up, nairaland need a person like you.
Thank you. I had a heck of a time obtaining information on how to travel to Tunisia and I thought devulging this one would ease some body's quest to travel too.
bugzi: Thank you, this information was useful but how do I dial the number, its just saying incorrect....and I was told getting the visa at the port of entry is not possible??
Well it is possible the tel no is non functional now. I never used it. The best bet is to visit the embassy in Abuja yourself and make inquiries or get some one to do it for you who live in ABuja
As for the documents you will need. Well everything as pertaining to your travel: passport, letter of invite from your host; accomodation proof; etc. I am sure Tunisia issues visas to people at the point of entry but they may be hard on Nigeria because of our history of dishonesty and the fact that you could have contacted their embassy in Abuja before making the journey. The people who are given such visas at the airport are mostly those without a an embassy in their country. My Ghananian friend who attended the conference with me had a heck of time with his airport officials as he had to bribe his way all to Tunis. In Muritala airport Ican assure you it will be worse off.
Good luck, guys on your travel.
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by harrylinda17: 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2013
My Name is Linda am from Nigeria, i want to Travel to Tunisia for 2weeks Program, i have the Invitation letter and the Hotel reservation already, Can some body tell me what is the requirement and the visa free?
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by livinghopeport1: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2013
please linda am motherspride from Lagos. pls am about traveling down to Tunisia too but me i don't have invitation or host at all pls. i dont know if you can me with how i can get that letter may from ur host or someone. please and pls. or you can give me your number thanks
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by Noblegas1: 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
livinghopeport1: please linda am motherspride from Lagos. pls am about traveling down to Tunisia too but me i don't have invitation or host at all pls. i dont know if you can me with how i can get that letter may from ur host or someone. please and pls. or you can give me your number thanks
wat abt tourism visa u can easily and simple get dat at d embassy.
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by livinghopeport1: 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
thanks alot linda. are you in tunisia now? how much is the ticket and how many day would it take for the visa to be out?
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by justwise(m): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2013
@Noble gas

Please stop your visa and ticket touting
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by Noblegas1: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
justwise: @Noble gas

Please stop your visa and ticket touting
pls y all dis am jus tryin 2 assist him 2 get d visa pls y hidden my comment pls
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
Noble gas: pls y all dis am jus tryin 2 assist him 2 get d visa pls y hidden my comment pls

Visa touting is not allowed here. If you want to assist anybody tell them how to go about securing the visa without exchange of contact details.
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by Noblegas1: 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
justwise:

Visa touting is not allowed here. If you want to assist anybody tell them how to go about securing the visa without exchange of contact details.
pls d i gave him any of my contact. Pls read my comment thourougly and think twice.tq u
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
Noble gas: pls d i gave him any of my contact. Pls read my comment thourougly and think twice.tq u

Yes you did not but that is exactly where is heading to
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by Noblegas1: 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
Heading 2 wat .Abeg ur pardön please i don't have fucking time wt dat.jus tryin 2 help ok
justwise:

Yes you did not but that is exactly where is heading to
Re: Travelling to Tunisia and Obtaining Visa and other Matters by justwise(m): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2013
Noble gas: Heading 2 wat .Abeg ur pardön please i don't have fucking time wt dat.jus tryin 2 help ok

justwise:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out / Rock Collapses On Tourists During A Boat Ride In Brazil (photo, Video) / Federal Fire Service Has An Important Message For All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.