Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference (19640 Views)

What Is The Difference Between LAPTOPS And NOTEBOOK? / Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Pad vs Ipad / Blackpad Vs Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by davolog(m): 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2012
" The new iPad (as opposed to iPad 3) is here and it definitely deserves its own “Evolution” chart, similar to the one we already have for the iPhone and Nexus phones. Here you will see how Apple kept updating its super-popular tablet during the years. From a single-core processor to a dual-core one with quad-core graphics; from a device without camera to the one with 5-megapixel sensor; and from “regular” screen to the Retina display. We’re pretty confident Apple will keep killing it with the new iPad. Here’s the chart,

[img][/img]

follow me on Twitter - @davolog

www.davolog..com

Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by highland(m): 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2012
Good development.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by Mobinga: 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2012
Garbage.

Garbage.

Another garbage from Apple.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by IdiAmin2(m): 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2012
where will all this madness end abeg, until we reach ipad2000?
happy with my ipad2, if they like, they should release new one everyday, na only mugu will be double dipping just for some few extra features, and a faster processor that you cant even notice that it is faster.

1 Like

Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by sojioguns(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
This is ridiculous. At least they know there is NOTHING revolutionary about this product. Higher resolution screen and a slightly beefier processor? That is just MARKETING in my opinion. The most annoying thing is they still left the same bloody iOS version in there. C'mon Apple. Damn! I miss Steve.

1 Like

Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
waiting till its jailbroken wink
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by Mobinga: 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2012
Idi-Amin:

where will all this madness end abeg, until we reach ipad2000?
happy with my ipad2, if they like, they should release new one everyday, na only mugu will be double dipping just for some few extra features, and a faster processor that you cant even notice that it is faster.

GBAM.

These days these corporations just roll out new tech with little improvements as regards to their predecessors, just to milk the sheep who would still buy it regardless of functionality.

A lot of them do the same thing, Activision, Google, Apple, HTC e.t.c
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by BabaEleko(m): 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2012
i'M NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL!
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2012
Baba_Eleko:

i'M NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL!

It also has Boko-Haram sensors to let you know when the boys are close by - still not impressed grin
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
will only get one because i refused to get any of the past 2 just to see if there would be any serious improvements. The facts that microsoft office still has no app for it and it doesnt have USB capabilities are serious limitations. What about creating a stylus pen?
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by coogar: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2012
davidylan:

will only get one because i refused to get any of the past 2 just to see if there would be any serious improvements. The facts that microsoft office still has no app for it and it doesnt have USB capabilities are serious limitations. What about creating a stylus pen?

use your finger, bro!
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by Yinkay: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2012
My iPad 1 is still serving,yet to get enough of it, why waste money for a few thrills.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by sylve11: 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
coogar:

use your finger, bro!

he gat no finger bro! cool
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by NaijaNaWaa: 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2012
davidylan:

I'll advice you not to bother especially if you have another tablet. I just bought an iPad2 and been wondering what all the noise is about. The whole thing is so crappy. You cant exchange files with non Apple gadgets using Bluetooth. Scrolling within text boxes is an issue. You spent over a N150k on a gadget with less than 5 useful apps. I dont understand the whole fuss over a 5 MP camera on iPad 3 (iPad2 has a miserable 0.7 MP!!).Compare with my Samsung Galaxy S2 which has 8MP. The most annoying part is when it comes to using the cursor eg you want to place the cursor between the letters of a given word. Its almost an impossible task with iPad. All the things I took for granted with my Samsung Galaxy S2 are big deals on iPad. I regretted buying an iPad. Samsung Galaxy Tab would have been a much better choice.

The only thing iPad has going for it is a big name and the efizzy.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by Mobinga: 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2012
sylve11:

Nice.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by extension: 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2012
Shine,shine your eye people. Apple is 210billion dollars corp. This is pure business extortion.
Just making sales.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by denzel2009: 11:19pm On Mar 09, 2012
Maga don pay again. . . where's the expandable memory slot, does it have hdmi port? do they support flash now?

Why do I need itunes to do everything?

I see mugu waiting in a queue at Apple stores for days to buy this shyte again.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by Ejine(m): 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
Absolutely pointless garbage! I'm still reeling from buying the iCrap 2, which, like this one, was meaningless junk!
Can you believe Apple-to-nonApple Bluetooth connection is a luxury in that overpriced piece of horseshit?
Anybody who keeps falling for this Ajebutter con is a mugu.
Apple sucks, bro!
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by ogbongzky(m): 12:32am On Mar 10, 2012
davidylan:

I use CloudON app as alternative for office and works fine. it is FREE. Why USB when you can sync your files across all ur devices using dropbox app for PC, iOS etc.You need to know that tablets can't fully replace PC.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by Thespecialone(m): 12:40am On Mar 10, 2012
The fact that ipad doesn't have a file system makes it a no go area for me. Apple has a way of making little things seem very difficult. What would it cost them to put a dialer and sms capabilities? Dollar for dollar, the samsung galaxy 10.1 matches the ipad.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by ogbongzky(m): 12:46am On Mar 10, 2012
sylve11:

NaijaNaWaa:

I'll advice you not to bother especially if you have another tablet. I just bought an iPad2 and been wondering what all the noise is about. The whole thing is so crappy. You cant exchange files with non Apple gadgets using Bluetooth. Scrolling within text boxes is an issue. You spent over a N150k on a gadget with less than 5 useful apps. I dont understand the whole fuss over a 5 MP camera on iPad 3 (iPad2 has a miserable 0.7 MP!!).Compare with my Samsung Galaxy S2 which has 8MP. The most annoying part is when it comes to using the cursor eg you want to place the cursor between the letters of a given word. Its almost an impossible task with iPad. All the things I took for granted with my Samsung Galaxy S2 are big deals on iPad. I regretted buying an iPad. Samsung Galaxy Tab would have been a much better choice.

The only thing iPad has going for it is a big name and the efizzy.

1. It's obvious you are not aware of the great apps over there in the App store. How can you say " less than 5 useful apps" Haba

2. As for the bluetooth and Camera, I agree but those things don't freak me. With dropbox app, I don;t really need bluetooth at all.

3. if you want to place cursor between letters, just place your finger where you want the cursor to appear, hold it down there for some seconds till the cursor appears. u can even drag, to select and copy.

iPad is great if you can take time to master the gestures.

@OP, there is nothing like iPad 3 yet , the new one is "the new iPad" and not iPad 3.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by hamsky: 5:58am On Mar 10, 2012
I'm a proper tech guru and I'll never recommend any apple product to anyone except from the iPod cos dere are so many other devices out their that are way better than most apple devices and a classic example is the iPad. Its as expensive as some notebook laptops, it doesn't support flash, u have to keep syncing it all d time, its has numerous issues of compatibility and most apps on the app store are not free as compared to android's new play shop aka Market and many other issues attached to it. My advice to anyone out their who wants to buy a tablet is "get d Asus transformer or Samsung galaxy cos they've got more functionality and they're way cheaper". Bandwagon and the media is wat has nicknamed the iPad as d ultimate tablet which obviously is a fib.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by aieromon(m): 8:30am On Mar 10, 2012
No expandable slot and no HDMI out.I have friends that are on Pad1 and see no reason to move to Pad2.I also have friends that are on Pad2 and see no reason to switch to the new IPad.All they did was add a 8MP camera and put the Apple logo(fans comment,not mine).
Asus and Samsung must be laughing their hearts out grin grin grin
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by cxploits(m): 2:07pm On Mar 10, 2012
IPAD ALTERNATIVE

WE SELL THIS TABLET PC - C-xp

FEATURES:

1.5GHZ DUAL CORE PROCESSOR (Samsung), 512mb memory - can be increased to 2GB, 4gb HDD, expandable to 32gb, 1024*768 resolution, multi touch capactive screen, front and back camera, usb slot, buit-3G, GPS, WI FI AND BLUETOOTH, 9.7" screen size, MS WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT AND PDF LOADED, VIDEO CAPACITY, COMES WITH KB COVER, Battery last 6hrs of continuous use. AND SO ON:

PRICE: N65,000.00, discount for quantity purchase

TO ORDER:

Daniel: 08033259595, cxploitsltd@yahoo.com; CleaveXploits Ltd, Suite A15, Cherub Mall, by Protea Hotel, Chevron Drive, Lekki, Lagos
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by coogar: 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2012
aieromon:

No expandable slot and no HDMI out.I have friends that are on Pad1 and see no reason to move to Pad2.I also have friends that are on Pad2 and see no reason to switch to the new IPad.All they did was add a 8MP camera and put the Apple logo(fans comment,not mine).
Asus and Samsung must be laughing their hearts out grin grin grin

while apple are laughing their way to the bank!
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by ogbongzky(m): 4:15pm On Mar 10, 2012
hamsky:

I'm a proper tech guru and I'll never recommend any apple product to anyone except from the iPod cos dere are so many other devices out their that are way better than most apple devices and a classic example is the iPad. Its as expensive as some notebook laptops, it doesn't support flash, u have to keep syncing it all d time, its has numerous issues of compatibility and most apps on the app store are not free as compared to android's new play shop aka Market and many other issues attached to it. My advice to anyone out their who wants to buy a tablet is "get d Asus transformer or Samsung galaxy cos they've got more functionality and they're way cheaper". Bandwagon and the media is wat has nicknamed the iPad as d ultimate tablet which obviously is a fib.

Html 5 is the way to go, hence not supportin flash is not really a big deal. There are loads of free aps in the apple sore, though u cant find most of those free craps you get at Google play in the Apple store. Before i bought mine, I was somehow discouraged by comments like yours but since I bought it, I keep falling in love with it.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by hamsky: 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2012
^^@ogbongzky HTML 5 is certainly the way forward but my question to you is how many websites support html 5? At the end of the day it all bores down to personal preference but I certainly know that the iPad is not the ultimate tablet.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by eros(m): 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2012
Personally, methinks the Ipad 2 is crap. Since I got it, I still haven't been able to get any wifi portable device to use to connect it to the internet. Please anybody out there who knows how I can connect my Ipad 2 wifi using Glo, MTN, Etisalat or Starcomms should help a brother out.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by coogar: 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2012
eros:

Personally, methinks the Ipad 2 is crap. Since I got it, I still haven't been able to get any wifi portable device to use to connect it to the internet. Please anybody out there who knows how I can connect my Ipad 2 wifi using Glo, MTN, Etisalat or Starcomms should help a brother out.

you have to subscribe to a wireless router from glo, etisalat or starcomms before your ipad can connect.
Re: Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference by kaylala(m): 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2012
[quote ]

Samsung Galaxy Tab would have been a much better choice.

The only thing iPad has going for it is a big name and the efizzy.[/quote]

I don't regret having Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

(1) (2) (Reply)

ORIGINAL Iphone Battery (NOW AVAILABLE! 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6s, 7, 7s...) / What Is Your Average Download Speed? / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.