Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1236199 members, 1645090 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 April 2014 at 06:17 AM

Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun - Ethnic/Racial Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic/Racial Politics / Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun (8229 Views)

Picture Of Igbo Women Fighting For A Yoruba Man / Wikileaks: A Yoruba Plot To Control Nigeria's Economy . . . ROTFL / I Am A Yoruba By Birth Not Igbo By Philip Emeaguali (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekwy nwa: Ileke-IdI babe am fine how far?

I dey jare. So who were you previously arguing with? I sense an ofenmanu and okoro argument going on.
You sef dey enjoy the Bottom whopping he was giving you grin

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by ekwy nwa: 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
[quote author=Ileke-IdI]

I dey jare. So who were you previously arguing with? I sense an ofenmanu and okoro argument going on.
You sef dey enjoy the Bottom whopping he was giving you grin

nothing much, no need for azz whipping, Okoro was just teaching offeamanu d rules of the game cool

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekwy nwa:
nothing much, no need for azz whipping, Okoro was just teaching offeamanu d rules of the game

Check again, seems like you were trying too hard to grasp the rules of the game. Dont worry, Yoruba will take it easy on okoro boy grin I have begged him for your sake and ojuku sake.

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by ekwy nwa: 3:02pm On Mar 21, 2012
[quote author=Ileke-IdI]

Check again, seems like you were trying too hard to grasp the rules of the game. Dont worry, Yoruba will take it easy on okoro boy grin I have begged him for your sake and ojuku sake.

You re really getting it mixed up, let me break it down for you
Yoruba ve fled, like a woman caught in the act grin grin, he has vanished like a vapour grin, but am happy, his act of fading away is better than the otiapiapia option; at least I will get to see him again tongue

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 21, 2012
ekwy nwa: You re really getting it mixed up, let me break it down for you
Yoruba ve fled, like a woman caught in the act grin grin, he has vanished like a vapour grin, but am happy, his act of fading away is better than the otiapiapia option; at least I will get to see him again

Abeg, dont take your aggression out on me. I'm not the one whopping your okorotic azz on this thread grin

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by ekwy nwa: 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2012
[quote author=Ileke-IdI]

Abeg, dont take your aggression out on me. I'm not the one whopping your okorotic azz on this thread grin

grin grin No aggression is for small ofemmu people, am just breaking things down for you cool

Like I said before no need for azz thrashing, okoro was just taking offemanu through the rules of the game grin

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2012
Na wa, this dirty okoro coward, stop being aggressive towards me. Face the person whose been teaching you a few lessons on this thread grin

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by ekwy nwa: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2012
lolozz grin grin grin

Aggressive? I don’t know where you re getting that phrase from,

okoros re nice people and they are here to school some gay heads. we ve thought offemanu enough so free him from this thread, you can recommend another student to be properly schooled. cool

PLAYING BY THE RULES IS THE NO ONE RULE OF THE GAME cool

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Obalufon: 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2012
Why can't you bush Unclad igbos go back to your trees and enjoy your nuts ,Now you people can talk after we've clothed you people, turned you to human,no matter how much you bathed and clothed a monkey, monkey will always be a monkey, you people will never be human because you are hominid science has proved it ,Your whole tribe are closest to monkey than any other race in the world your people attitude and bestial behavior proved it .your people were Unclad barely clothed till till 1950s. Uncivilized ,why do you think you had to be governed directly by the British while other tribe were governed indirectly ? you people needed to be whipped and killed if need be to stop you from eating yourselves, "APES OBEY" ,you bunch of apes go back to your trees and eat your nuts and leaves.
Leave Yoruba alone. stop spitting hatred .Go back to your bush.
Egun ,awori, Ewe of Togo and Ghana and Ga of Ghana can trace their lineage to ile-ife .
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by ekwy nwa: 2:31am On Mar 26, 2012
another idi.ot ve crawled out of its cage.
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2012
Obalufon: Why can't you bush Unclad igbos go back to your trees and enjoy your nuts ,Now you people can talk after we've clothed you people, turned you to human,no matter how much you bathed and clothed a monkey, monkey will always be a monkey, you people will never be human because you are hominid science has proved it ,Your whole tribe are closest to monkey than any other race in the world your people attitude and bestial behavior proved it .your people were Unclad barely clothed till till 1950s. Uncivilized ,why do you think you had to be governed directly by the British while other tribe were governed indirectly ? you people needed to be whipped and killed if need be to stop you from eating yourselves, "APES OBEY" ,you bunch of apes go back to your trees and eat your nuts and leaves.
Leave Yoruba alone. stop spitting hatred .Go back to your bush.
Egun ,awori, Ewe of Togo and Ghana and Ga of Ghana can trace their lineage to ile-ife .

Lawd have mercy!!! grin grin

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Ngodigha1(m): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2012
You guys should be more worried about your unkept Yoruba people instead of Igbo this and that. GO and sort out this Yorubaman here quickly.

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Ekwy + Nwa: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2012
Ha ha ha ha
This fat old hag still trolls after me on this thread; it really sucks to be a clown

Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Obalufon: 1:06am On Apr 11, 2012
YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK AND DELUSIONAL.
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Yewe2011(m): 12:03am On May 30, 2012
I am Ewe and my father hails from the Volta Region (predominantly Ewe) in Ghana.

Hopefully I can provide a little clarity for you all.

It needs to be understood that all those people that inhabit the area from Southwestern Nigeria all the way to Southeastern Ghana ARE ALL ONE PEOPLE. Those of us in Nigeria, Benin, Togo and Ghana are all related peoples. This is why you don't see much conflict in this coastal area of West Africa. If we were selfish we could create a super country spanning that coastal region and we would be prosperous and our population will number 40-50 million. But that's for another discussion.

Ewes were apart of the Oyo Empire until we fled due to many factors (collapse of oyo, fulani invasion, in-fighting, etc.)

read the book "Ewe" by E Ofori Akyea 1998

http://www.amazon.com/Heritage-Library-African-Peoples-Africa/dp/0823919803/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338331780&sr=8-1

In it he talks about our culture, symbolisms, and history. The book also details how we borrowed/adopted certain aspectsof Yoruba governmental systems. We have two types of leadership amongst us fia (awoamefia) which means emperor in our language and togbe which means chief.
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by alj harem(m): 12:11am On May 30, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^

It is nice to see a brother from Ghana represent cool

I am part Ogu and part Awori myself from Lagos state.

In Nigeria, the Ogu and Awori have come together and mixed dialect.
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Nobody: 12:13am On May 30, 2012
@Yewe2011

Can you create a topic for your claims?
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Nobody: 12:13am On May 30, 2012
alj harem: ^^^^^^^^^^

It is nice to see a brother from Ghana represent cool

I am part Ogu and part Awori myself from Lagos state.

In Nigeria, the Ogu and Awori have come together and mixed dialect.

Stop lying alhaji. grin grin
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by alj harem(m): 12:18am On May 30, 2012
shymmex:

Stop lying alhaji. grin grin

lying ke

I am serious I am Awori-egun, very serious

In fact from the royal household,
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Nobody: 12:27am On May 30, 2012
@Yewe2011

I have created a new thread for you..

Please, educate us here: http://www.nairaland.com/950471/we-ewe-people-ghana-same#10956867
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Nobody: 12:28am On May 30, 2012
alj harem:

lying ke

I am serious I am Awori-egun, very serious

In fact from the royal household,

You have claimed 500 tribes already - stop it. grin
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Goldieluks: 12:29am On May 30, 2012
shymmex:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by alj harem(m): 12:56am On May 30, 2012
shymmex:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

we don't even have up to 500 tribes in Nigeria wink

Ok then half Igbo, half Urhobo
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Alade Tunde: 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2012
i don't knw what Mr. Beaf or Mr. Poke knw about Egun and Awori tongue. Have you go to there territory and they tell u dat dey are not Yoruba. You are just saying rubbish, giving fake sites. My guy go sleep. watin concern East wit West,. An Egun Guy say Yes, u say no.what is your problem, if u are sure of what u are saying, go and meet d Oba Rilawam Akinolu and say it in his presence
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by chino11(m): 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
Ekwy nwanne you should have exercised some mercy over these Yoruba people. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Alade Tunde: 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2012
Mr, Harem, pls don't mind dem dey b mumu looking who to affect
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by dasparrow: 1:30am On Jun 05, 2012
oduasolja: http://www.makoko.org/about.html

Now, other economic activities include salt-making, sand dredging and adjacent saw mills. Members of the community get around using canoes and connecting planks. It is a shifting population and the ‘Egun’ tribe which have settled there originate from Badagry. Other inhabitants to be found in Makoko hail from coastal communities around the region.

http://www.yabagov.org/2011/10/egun-community-of-makoko-riverine-area-visits-the-chairman-pledge-their-block-votes-during-the-coming-local-government-election/

The Egun community residing in Makoko riverine area of Yaba Local Council Development Area paid a visit to the chairman in his office on Wednesday 19th October, 2011. The group led by Ambassador Aigbe assured the chairman of the block votes from the Egun community in the coming council elections. He promised that all hands were on deck in their community as both old, young and youths of the community had been mobilised for the day. In the visitation group were prominent heads in the community such as Bale Agoyon Vigan, Severin Aja, Emmanuel Shemend; others were Simeon Ja , Hon. Emmanuel Timothy and Hon Francis Timothy.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/sunday-mirror/sm-extra/29602.html

Chief Victor Panke, is the Baale (chief) of Makoko community, Lagos. In this interview with Onukwube Ofoelue, he explains how the Egun people originally arrived the area from Benin Republic to become the biggest suppliers of fresh fi sh to Lagos State:

Can you educate us on the history of Makoko?

The whole of this area, beginning from where we the present Churchstreet in Yaba were all part of the lagoon. We, the people of Makoko occupied the whole place then. We sand -filled it ourselves all round, beginning from the main road. Nobody did it for us, and the water was very high then. Our ancestors were originally from Benin Republic, but we are now all Nigerians. The constitution of Nigeria says that once you stay in a particular place in Nigeria for a period, you are a citizen, and our ancestors have been here for over 80 years now.

They came here because of fishing. When they came, they caught fish and sold, but because there was no where to stay, they began to build thatch houses and stay. It was in those houses that they stayed and fished, and returned to their houses again. Gradually, they increased and began to occupy a bigger place. Some came from Badagry, in Lagos while some others came from Benin Republic.

Ok, thanks for informing us.
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Ngodigha1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
Yewe2011: I am Ewe and my father hails from the Volta Region (predominantly Ewe) in Ghana.

Hopefully I can provide a little clarity for you all.

It needs to be understood that all those people that inhabit the area from Southwestern Nigeria all the way to Southeastern Ghana ARE ALL ONE PEOPLE. Those of us in Nigeria, Benin, Togo and Ghana are all related peoples. This is why you don't see much conflict in this coastal area of West Africa. If we were selfish we could create a super country spanning that coastal region and we would be prosperous and our population will number 40-50 million. But that's for another discussion.

Ewes were apart of the Oyo Empire until we fled due to many factors (collapse of oyo, fulani invasion, in-fighting, etc.)

read the book "Ewe" by E Ofori Akyea 1998

http://www.amazon.com/Heritage-Library-African-Peoples-Africa/dp/0823919803/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338331780&sr=8-1

In it he talks about our culture, symbolisms, and history. The book also details how we borrowed/adopted certain aspectsof Yoruba governmental systems. We have two types of leadership amongst us fia (awoamefia) which means emperor in our language and togbe which means chief.
Don't be silly here niggi. Even in Northern Nigeria where the Caliphate at Sokoto covered most of the territory, does not mean they are one people. Go back to your jungle and educate your less informed folks that you are one from western Nigeria to Ghana.
Nonsense.
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by S.A Oguns(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
YIIBOS AGAIN! they have always been bitter
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Ngodigha: 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2012
S.A Oguns:
Yorugbas AGAIN! they have always been bitter
S.A Oguns:
Yorugbas AGAIN! they have always been bitter
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Obalufon: 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2012
You igbo people again with your delusional minds . I'm tired of you people saying rubbish on here .You people have no history stop interfering in others .Bush animals. Unclad PEOPLE

Igbos no dey hear word, they are so vile they spit poison ,please leave us alone ,you hate us so much yet you still love to live among us .Ewe Ga ifon anago/ Yoruba we are from one source our language may mutate due to expansion For millennium .
Re: Makoko Is Not , I Repeat Not,a Yoruba Settlement. Get That Straight. Its Egun by Ngodigha1(m): 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
Obalufon: You igbo people again with your delusional minds . I'm tired of you people saying rubbish on here .You people have no history stop interfering in others .Bush animals. Unclad PEOPLE

Igbos no dey hear word, they are so vile they spit poison ,please leave us alone ,you hate us so much yet you still love to live among us .Ewe Ga ifon anago/ Yoruba we are from one source our language may mutate due to expansion For millennium .
Niggi, are you a clown in real life, or is it just in nairaland that you love to maka jest of your silly self. Get a life poor boy. The Igbo are not responsible for your poverty. Wetin?.

(0) (1) (2) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Great Moments In Black History / Black African Girl In A Human Zoo In Belgium 1958 (picture). / Typical Yoruba Women 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.