Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! (2427 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by eghosaobas: 11:53am On Mar 10, 2012
For the past weeks now,my pastor has being pressurizing me into paying my tithe. I told him that tithing is not scriptural,he went ahead to show me malachi 3:8 which has lost its value due to the way hungry pastors have turned it to their memory verse. I even told him that there is no place in the bible were Jesus talked on tithe, but he still remain adamant,pls members i need more convincing scripture from members of this forum.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by PastorKun(m): 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2012
Quote Deuteronomy 14:22-29 to your pastor, there the bible says you can use your tithes to eat and drink with your family grin
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by eghosaobas: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2012
They are not easy to convince at all. I even quote dis particular verse for him,and he still remain adamant.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by buzugee(m): 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Quote Deuteronomy 14:22-29 to your pastor, there the bible says you can use your tithes to eat and drink with your family grin
great verse. wink
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by buzugee(m): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2012
dude ? is the pastor related to you ? if you dont agree with his doctrines, which you obviously dont, why do you continue to go to the church ?
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by manmustwac(m): 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2012
Tell him that according chapter 12 verse 3 of the holy ***** that man must wack
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by buzugee(m): 3:10pm On Mar 10, 2012
manmustwac:

Tell him that according chapter 12 verse 3 of the holy ***** that man must wack
grin
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by eghosaobas: 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2012
My brother he is not related to me but i just want to put it right to him that they (pastors)are all extorting money from people by deciet.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Goshen360(m): 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2012
Thank God the truth is spreading. if only many folks will confront their pastors same way, with time the truth will prevail. Many folks sit in the church displeased but cannot talk due to fear of "touch not mine anointed". The scam and falsehood of tithe is coming down gradually.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Jenwitemi(m): 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2012
Why do you think your soul was won, brethren? Because your soul was "won" for your pastor to suck you dry and live off of you. That's why your soul was won. Now quit moaning and go win other souls for your pastor to suck dry as well. The more souls won, the better for your pastor.  grin
eghosaobas:

For the past weeks now,my pastor has being pressurizing me into paying my tithe. I told him that tithing is not scriptural,he went ahead to show me malachi 3:8 which has lost its value due to the way hungry pastors have turned it to their memory verse. I even told him that there is no place in the bible were Jesus talked on tithe, but he still remain adamant,pls members i need more convincing scripture from members of this forum.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by OmoPastor(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2012
@ op

paying tithe is not something you do only cos you were told but its a personal revelation. if you do not have the revelation about it then do not do it, you will definitely miss out of some things but the work of the ministry will move ahead even if you dot pay your tithe.

not paying your tithe will not stop you from going to heaven but it will definitely rob you of a lot of things here and thereafter.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Ptolomeus(m): 10:13pm On Mar 10, 2012
1. Malachi 3.8? Malachi 3.10!
God punishes the Levitical priests with elpago of tithing, because they had stolen. It may be said tithing as a punishment, not as an approach to God.
2. Tithing is set in the Old Testament, and was done with oils, grains and animals, which were burned in the holocaust to God. Never pay money tithing in the bible!
3. Jesus and his disciples never claimed tithe.
4. Christians believe that Christ's death frees every sacrifice and tithe to God. Jesus sacrificed to abolish all that.
There are thousands of examples, dear friend.
Now, may not convince your pastor, your pastor is angry with you, because he lives off of tithing even though he knows that is not in the law.
Once you exhaust the explanations, advise your pastor to find honest work, as do you and other people, stop living at the expense of honest people to lie. To stop robbing the poor, sick and needy people for their own benefit, because that's not the mission of any man on earth.
So whether you are true to their principles, their conviction, leave that fake and know inner peace.
Best regards!
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by chiteny(m): 9:05am On Mar 11, 2012
OP, send me ur email and I will give u something with which to convince your pastor that he should not take tithe nor pay his own.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Goshen360(m): 1:58am On Mar 12, 2012
^^^
I need such material also. Pls send to my email: goshen360@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by eghosaobas: 9:50am On Mar 12, 2012
chiteny here is my email address kennyobazuwa@yahoo.com. pls i will be expecting it as soon as possible
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by eghosaobas: 9:50am On Mar 12, 2012
chiteny here is my email address kennyobazuwa@yahoo.com. pls i will be expecting it as soon as possible
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by eghosaobas: 10:08am On Mar 12, 2012
kennyobazuwa@yahoo.com
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Demainman1: 11:55am On Mar 12, 2012
@chiteny, Why not post the materials here so that all of us can benefit from it.

My take on this matter is that it is very difficult if not outrightly impossible to convince the men of gods that are hell bent on collecting tithe money. The OP has given his pastor valuable verses to argue his case but of course it is Malachi or nothing for the lieing MOg. Just leave him to his greed and do according to your convintion. Afterall he cannot deep his hands into your pocket/bank account to collect the money!
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by plappville(f): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2012
Paying tithe shouldn't be by force. If u end up paying a tithe only because the pastor reminded u to, that is absolutely not for God. Its a lost effort.
But if u willing give to God without any one reminding u to, then know ye that God does appreciates and receive such. The way and manner they press on tithing in churches of today is unscriptural.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Ptolomeus(m): 10:11pm On Mar 14, 2012
Tithing is a biblical precept is met only in the land of Israel with the fruits of that place in time when the people are pure to do so, ie when the Holy Temple is standing and there are elements-dust purifying red cow.
Today marks the disposal only by rabbinical precept.
With regard to the precept of tithing money, it is a rabbinic legacy with biblical support, imposed the Jewish people.
People who are not Jews, are not required to extract that tithe, and what they want to donate to those in need depends on your own will and generosity.
http://www.judaismovirtual.com/preguntar/1967_diezmo_gentil.php

http://www.mercaba.org/ARTICULOS/D/diezmo_protestante.htm
Tithing Protestant, is biblical or tradition of men?

Tithing as taught today is most of the sects to give 10% of cash income does not exist in the pages of the Bible.

A. - The tithe was never given in cash or currency, but in food and animals

Whenever Scripture speaks of tithing, that was given in kind, either fruits or animals (cf. Gen 4.3 to 7; Lv 27.30 to 32) and not in money, even though another had it (cf. Gen 47.13 to 18).

It was only the fruit of the land or animals, or even mentioned to some of the mining, trade, carpentry, or professional occupations.

Note that in the book of Leviticus Chapter 27.30 to 31 if someone wanted to pay some money had to give 20% of the actual value of the animal or fruit.

Obviously money was not what God wanted. It has been widely used in Protestant circles the book of Malachi to pressure to give 10% when in fact there are talking about food: "Surrender, then, a tenth of everything they have into the storehouse, that there is food in my house ... "(Mal 3, 10a).

There are hundreds of Scriptures where it says over and over again: harvest and animals. The focus of the tithe was agricultural and livestock! Was food: food for the Levite, the stranger food, food for the widow, the orphan food, and God does not change the subject in the book of the prophet Malachi.

These are the verbatim word of a Protestant writer is against tithing: "The next time a pastor or an elder, deacon or evangelist put guilt on you about tithing, buy a truck loaded with wheat and download on the pulpit, and watch your reaction. "

One thing to look what the Bible says about tithing, and quite another is to use biblical passages to make people believe what 10% of his salary. To tithe in kind some have changed the teaching of the Old Testament to ask for money.

2. - The tithe was for the Levites, widows and orphans, not to the pastor

The tithe was used for the support of the Levites because they had no inheritance in the land as the other tribes: "The tithes that the children of Israel offer unto the LORD separated to give them to the Levites as an inheritance. So I told them shall have no inheritance among the children of Israel "(Nm18, 21 24, cf. Dt 14:27). This fund is also taking certain portions to alleviate the needs of foreigners, orphans, and widows. In the third year the tithe of that year was to be delivered directly to local villages, "Every three years shall separate the tithe of all crops of the year, but keep in your city. Then come to eat the Levite, who among you has its own heritage, and the stranger, the fatherless and the widow, living in your towns and eat their fill ... "(Dt 14, 28-29, cf. 26 12-13).

In fact Jewish rabbis today 10% do not ask for them because they know the law and know perfectly that the tithe in kind was only for the Levites. 10% of salary for the chief pastor or leader has never existed in the Bible, except by "preachers" or "servants" who demand for themselves in the name of God that God has never asked for Him

3. - The tithe was a law for the Jews in the Old Testament

That is why the Protestant sects that require it have to resort to mention quotes from the Old Testament and especially Malachi to make people believe that is biblical, but do not mention that it was for the people of Israel, that was with God had done that alliance, and we are not Jews but Christians.

We belong to the new partnership: "This is my blood of the new and eternal covenant" (Lk 22.20, cf. Hb 10.9, Gal 3.23 to 25): this is achieved with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and now He is our Lord. Even St. Paul addresses those who want to return to live under the Law (cf. Gal 4, 21-26).

Unfortunately some, not having this knowledge, unknowingly are mixing the two alliances like the same. At times they are Christians, and tithing are moisesianos.

Anyway, if anyone wants to give because it is in the Law of Moses should not forget that the apostle James says that the Act was an all or nothing packaged, of a person was not allowed to choose what she liked it, as if it were a religious menu and put aside what does not seem right. "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet offend in one point is guilty of all" (James 2.10).

If a Protestant wishes to follow the law, must be circumcised, keep the Sabbath, not eating blood, tithing, do not eat fish without scales, stoning those who violate the law, etc.. Or all or nothing. So the Christians in the New Testament never gave or spoke of tithing or other things just mentioned.

No way, so many wanting to be pastors to shear his sheep safely in the name of God.

4. Neither Jesus nor the apostles asked or ordered to ask the tithe

No single event in the New Testament in which Jesus or any of the apostles say you have to pay tithing, and fewer still that were 10% of salary. Even the food and animals.

In the Gospels alone is three times the word tithe, and speaks of the Pharisees who had been given (cf. Mt 23.23, Lk 11:42), and certainly does not speak well of them, and in the case referred in Luke 18.12-14, which gave the tithe came neither justified nor blessed.

In the letter to the Hebrews tithing is only mentioned one time that Abraham gave to Melchizedek, and was part of a "spoils" of war. In the New Testament speaking of help, collect, support, sharing everything they had, but never 10% weekly and money.

Why it never occurred to Paul to mention Moses or the prophets concerning the tithe, or release him to the Christians the passage of Malachi, "you are robbing God", as many modern preachers do? Because he knew he was living under a new covenant and new style of giving from the heart.

5. - The early church did not charge the 10% weekly wage

Historians of the Church make it very clear: the primitive community not funded by tithing of any kind. Hasting's Dictionary says of the early Church: "It is universally admitted that the payment of tithes or tenth part of possessions, for sacred purposes did not find a place within the Christian Church during the age covered by the apostles and their immediate successors."

Just as the New Catholic Encyclopedia says: "The early Church had no tithing system ... there was no need to keep it, or that there was or was recognized in the Church, but other means appeared to suffice. "

So the Catholic Church uses the word "tithe" to mean only an aid amount of time a certain job, never with the 10% required. Some do like to take this 10%, but only as a free and personal commitment to support evangelization, the fruit of love to Jesus Christ and his Church, but never because there is a biblical motif.

Apparently, the promoters Protestant 10% tithe of wages have not read the history of early Christianity. If someone wants to give pleasure, tradition or choice, everyone is free to spend their money anywhere, but that no one else to believe in things that the Bible teaches.

Watch out, there are pastors who abuse. No doubt this topic will appeal to Protestants who are already tired of the squeeze with the story of tithing 10% weekly money. You can help and practice a work of mercy compartíendoles this topic.
By Martin Zavala, M.P.D.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Ptolomeus(m): 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2012
http://www.iglesiaenmarcha.net/2009/02/uso-y-abuso-del-diezmo.html
Definition: The word tithe comes from the Hebrew word "maaser" or "maasrah" which translates tithe, or tenth. In Greek the word for this "tenth" is "apodekatoo" and both the Hebrew and Greek, these terms mean the "payment or gift of a tenth or serving." Another definition says: The tithe (from Latin Decimus, tenth) is a tax of ten percent (one tenth of all profits) that should be paid to a king, ruler, or church leader.
The people of Israel had to devote to the worship and the maintenance of priests and Levites a tenth of certain fruits and animals (not money) (see Deuteronomy 14:22, Leviticus 27:32). He was a true religious tax that had to be given once a year (not monthly or weekly) (Deuteronomy 14:22). The Pharisees carried the practice of religious tithe to a fault, giving a tenth of the most minute and insignificant value, such as mint, dill and cummin, but neglect of humility, justice, mercy, faith and love, which is a serious mistake (Matthew 23:23; Lucas1: 42, 18:12).

Let's enter the Holy Scriptures to examine in detail all matters relating to tithe, if we are practicing Christians, as if well practiced, if it really brings blessing to give, and so on. We may rave of many details we did not know, but the Word of God is the supreme rule of faith and practice for the church and the believer will teach us.

Tithe in Scripture

God asked the tribe of Levi was sustained with 10% of the fruits of the people of Israel, that the Levitical priests to devote themselves full time to the service of the tabernacle, and this should do it from age 25 to 50, which was when should be withdrawn (Numbers 8:24-25).

God to prevent corruption among the people of Israel, who always ordered the tithe was given in commodities: wheat, wine, oil, animals, etc., which were kept in the "storehouse" which was a place in the temple and served as a warehouse to store the products generated by the tithe. Was how to sustain the Israelite tribe of Levi, who could not own lands, but his heritage was 10% of what bringeth the Earth Produced and cattle of all the tribes of Israel ie gains after have taken the necessary expenses (clothing, shelter and food) on profits drew 10%, since their work was devoted to ministering the tabernacle of the LORD; the proceeds of each year would take ten percent into the storehouse, and then eat all the priests and their families. It is wrong to think that now you can tithe with money instead of food because that was not handled as at present, but was more common to barter for food. But in Genesis the word money is used about 44 times before the tithe is mentioned first in Leviticus 27. For example, with the money to make people buy slaves (Genesis 17:12), charges the sanctuary (Exodus 30:12), tax census (Numbers 3:47), etc.. When no money was that it had resorted to barter (Genesis 47:15-17).

Many Christian leaders say and say, "Tithing is biblical, it is named many times in the Bible." That's true, but what they do not always mentioned is that for the people of Israel, never to the Church. (Leviticus 27: 34). Currently included in the obligations for believers provisions of the Act which provide some material benefit, such as tithing and the feast of firstfruits. But there has been interest in the churches to include the feast of Pentecost, nor any of the remaining six festivals listed in Leviticus 23. When asked why not keep the feast of Pentecost, or Tabernacles, or Feast of Trumpets? No hesitation in answering: "Because they were for the people of Israel." And what of the tithe. The feast of first fruits, as are the other six parties to the Jewish calendar, to celebrate once a year.

Some passages out of context leaders to instill psychological fear his followers if they do not tithe, as: "You have robbed me your tithes" Malachi 3:8. But omit the other passengers, violating all the rules of hermeneutics and biblical exegesis. Malachi 3:2 and 6, explains that the children of Jacob (Israel) were not giving the tithe to support the priests and Levites (not for one man) to work for the people and God. The obligation of tithing is concerned only the people of Israel for what it is not universally required as many try to let us see. In verse 10 God promises to give "a blessing, that" the people of Israel, if we first meet the Law: "Bring ye all the tithes (fruits of the land not money) into the storehouse (storage room) and there may be food in my house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if not open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing until it overflows. " The Israelites were under the Law and should fulfill for God to bless, so the challenge to fulfill the law that He can prove his loyalty, his part of the deal. The Jews who were d irigía the prophet did not trust God, so the Lord challenges them to do "try". So this passage has no value for the Christian, as we are under grace, and we can not and must not test God, He will bless us to fulfill part of the Act, plus we can not prove God because it would offend mainly for having given everything for us, gave us his Son: "... How not with him also give us all things?" (Romans 8:32). If you rely on the Law says Paul, "all who are of the works of the law are under a curse, it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things written in the book of the law to do." (Galatians 3:10) is under a curse if not quite meet all the law as James said, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet offend in one point has become guilty of all." so that no use be a faithful tither without does not meet the 613 precepts of the Law From this we conclude that the sacred writer is d irigiendo those who keep the Law, the people of Israel, not the Church. In other words this passage many Christian leaders are saying that if someone does not pay, it is not saved, and not logical and is an unbiblical teaching, salvation is by faith and not works.

Another curious and do not meet those calling the tithe is that for two years, the tithe was to be taken to the tabernacle, and stored in the barn, but the third year the tithe of that year was to be delivered directly to local villages and make it available not only to the Levites, but also of "foreigners, orphans, and widows" ("At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year and lay it up within thy gates . And the Levite that hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, the fatherless and the widow who are within your gates, and eat and be satisfied, for the Lord your God may bless thee in all the work of your hands give it. " Deuteronomy 14:28-29, 26:12-14), of which do not comply, and I almost dare say a large percentage of churches that meet do not tithe, no bad thing that the churches do share the tithe with the community of foreigners, orphans and widows who were in the population around it. Although it was three years! Recall that in the New Testament we have instructions regarding how churches and believers should care for widows and orphans.

Another very interesting fact is Numbers 18: 20-28, in these verses: 1) repeated that the tithe is for "the children of Israel" and 2) that is repeated three times that the Levites did not have possession (ownership) any land. So if we applied today no leader or pastor could not even have a plot or your own car, this meeting as stipulated by God in the Old Law of Tithing

Notice something very important: in the whole Bible shows that the tithe was given by the owners of the land and animals, that was what was received as a tithe. The servants and laborers did not tithe because they have monetary compensation which did not give anything. Also when you traveled very long distance and could not bring the tithe in kind from the discomfort sold everything and took the money and then bought the place, and might even have some things dictated by his heart (Deuteronomy 14: 22-26)

The Law of the Old Testament tithe was taken away when Christ died on the cross and not before (Colossians 2:14, Galatians 5:1, James 1:25).

In Hebrews 7:5-12 is again noted that the tithe was of the Act;. In this chapter 7 of Hebrews also indicates very precisely now in grace, no Levite priests, because there was a change of priesthood and law: "For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of law."

The obligation to tithe, has always been for the Jews, for those under the Act only time he mentions tithing outside the law, and only once was, was when Abraham gave a tenth of his victory about the kings who had taken his nephew Lot prisoner. I did once, and it was a monthly payment, see who says he "gave" at that time the tithe, but he never says "paid tithes." It is very clear that these goods or offal were not Abraham, were the kings who had defeated, was not the result of their work or their land. But we must also remember that Abraham was not finally wind up with nothing, I gave everything to Melchizedek ("That will not take even a thread or a sandal strap, nothing of all that is yours, not to say later: 'I made Abram rich' "Genesis 14:23), and was the only time I gave something, is not mentioned in any other passage to continue giving or tithing or any other contribution. It must be noted that there is nothing in the Bible so that someone can take the place of Melchizedek type of Christ to demand tithes. The v.2 of Hebrews 7 says that Abraham gave Melchizedek "tithes of all", but in Genesis 13:2 says, "And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver and gold." But what a surprise! In all this great wealth Abraham gave Melchizedek a hair of their cattle a single piece of silver and gold gave "tithes of the spoils" v.4 of Hebrews 7. This unique little detail sufficient to change the whole picture.

Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42, Hebrews 7:5:12; These are the only passages in the New Testament where tithing is mentioned, and were basically rebuking the Pharisees for hypocrisy, and to remember Abraham when once "gave" the tithe. So I never asked any Christian tithing. In the Sermon on the Mount, where Jesus affirmed the true demands of the law made no mention of tithing will have you forgotten that detail Jesus so important? If tithing were an obligation for the Christian does not it seem strange, is not mentioned even once in the entire New Testament? So why do churches ask for tithes. The early Christian church promoted voluntary offering, and this should be done in secret. Tithing in the early Church did not exist. The heated discussions of Paul with those promoting the restoration of certain observances of the Law, how circumcision, suggests that the tithe be minimal regulation compared with other laws and impracticadas, its sole suggestion gave rise to criticism. Paul called them restorers "Judaizers." Also today the Jews do not tithe. The Jewish Rabbis, who in theory should know and be able to apply best Mosaic Law, not paid tithes because they know only Levites could collect tithes. Because of the destruction of the genealogical records in the destruction of the Temple in AD 70, they can not identify the true Levites. They use a different system to sustain itself economically is so many dollars for each seat in their synagogues on how we can maintain and support themselves. So could prove that a leader is a direct descendant of Aaron to have the right to request a tithe?

Money has no power and no benefit to the blessings and gifts of God: "Then Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God with money!" Hechos.8: 20. And few today give donations (tithes and offerings) not out of charity but out of interest, to do well in life (heal, get a job, saving a family member, relative or solve a problem until love), if this is true then we are seeing restored the famous indulgences of the Middle Ages who initiated the reform lead by Martin Luther.

The tithe was a divine practice to support the priests the Levites, and should be delivered in kind, not in money. In contrast to this, now, there is a tenth or a promise that we will receive more earthly prosperity, on the contrary, now we are asked to let us have no treasure here on earth but in heaven. The early Christians gave all his property to be divided among the Church, but none of them became rich.

If someone says you must pay a mandatory tithing, not giving freely as he purposes in his heart, but it would be an imposition. Law keeping is something that offends God, because the works of the Law are dead works (Hebrews 6:1) ie works of mere ceremony.

In the New Testament we see that the church is financed not from the tithe offerings, see 1 Corinthians 16, 2 Corinthians 8:1-12 and 2 Corinthians 9:7, also remember that the early Christians were obliged to provide accommodation to ministers of the Word: "Beloved, you do faithfully when you pay a service to the brethren, especially to strangers, who have told the church about your love, and will do well to lead them worthy of their service to God , to continue their journey. Because they came for the sake of the Name, accepting nothing from the Gentiles. We therefore ought to receive such persons to cooperate with the truth. "3 John 5-8 (Acts 6:14-15; 18:1-3,7). Furthermore, when Christ sent the twelve and then the seventy, not taught to collect tithes but to remain in the homes of the fair and eat what they put forward, never asked for 5 star hotels or limousine (Matthew 10:5-15 Luke 10:1-12).

In summary:

1 - The tithe was commanded by God to deliver products to the Levitical priests, never in money, because they could not own property and so there was no corruption.

2 - The tithe "was" of the Act (Mt23: 23), "according to the law" (Hebrews 7:5).

3 - At Grace we offer up freely, as everyone purposed in his heart, not your left hand know what thy right hand has given, not to do in envelope with name, the gift must be anonymous.

Learn to give love freely and without expecting anything in return, let's do without the left hand know what has come to the right. You should not expect anything in return, because you can "buy" the favor of God. A God we can not handle, unless something like the money. Possibly get to make any difference that the tithe or more, but the big difference is that not be a burden and there they come from God rewards. Do not fool yourself into thinking that tithing today is give your offering to the Lord, because you'd be participating in a tax commanded by men, remember that what the Lord intended for the Church was offering and it was not the tithe of the Law

In conclusion if the tithe is an indispensable work to be saved and we prospered under the Mosaic Law and not under the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, then we must practice the other precepts, rules, ceremonies and celebrations of the Act, and that salvation would not be from faith to faith as required Romans 1:17 and Ephesians 2:8-9, it would be by works of the believer.

Dr. Jesus Maria Yepez
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Ptolomeus(m): 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2012
I could expose more than 1.000 articles, backed by rabbis, biblical scholars, priests ... who are clear that the tithe must be not paid in any church.
Collect the tithe is stealing the eyes of God.
I have quoted the source, so it can be accessed with any questions
Now ...
Given these arguments, it gives me laugh when some advocate cites Abraham tithe, or want to change the meaning of a biblical passage only to justify his pastor is stealing.

Regards to all!
P. S. any doubt I am at the orders.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by PastorKun(m): 8:48am On Mar 15, 2012
Thanx for the insightful contributions ptolomeus smiley
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by dare2think: 11:14am On Mar 15, 2012
OmoPastor: @ op

not paying your tithe will not stop you from going to heaven but it will definitely rob you of a lot of things here and thereafter.

^^^^^^

One of the most stu..pid statement I have ever encountered with regards to religious foolishness!
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Ptolomeus(m): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2012
Pastor Kun: Thanx for the insightful contributions ptolomeus smiley
We are pleased to contribute to the brothers.
I regret that my post not please everyone, but my obligation is to tell the truth, I believe that to do otherwise would be harmful.
I am who I must thank you for your kindness.
Best wishes!

[quote author=OmoPastor:
not paying your tithe will not stop you from going to heaven but it will definitely rob you of a lot of things here and thereafter.[/quote]

Dear Sir:
Excuse me if my documents do not agree with their ideas.
My intention is not to attack or discredit anyone.
But I want to clarify that I am not part of those who fear groundless threats of many pastors, in order to maintain profits push others saying they will go to hell or to speak for Satan.
That sort of thing does not work with me.
I do not pay tithing (and no person should not pay) for the reasons that I explained, and a thousand more reasons, which for reasons of space I did not develop).
I beg you, if you have any biblical support that contradicts everything I wrote, you expose it.
It is not with personal views should be treated as such issues.
My respects.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Ptolomeus(m): 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2012
Pastor Kun: Thanx for the insightful contributions ptolomeus smiley
We are pleased to contribute to the brothers.
I regret that my post not please everyone, but my obligation is to tell the truth, I believe that to do otherwise would be harmful.
I am who I must thank you for your kindness.
Best wishes!

OmoPastor::

Dear Sir:
Excuse me if my documents do not agree with their ideas.
My intention is not to attack or discredit anyone.
But I want to clarify that I am not part of those who fear groundless threats of many pastors, in order to maintain profits push others saying they will go to hell or to speak for Satan.
That sort of thing does not work with me.
I do not pay tithing (and no person should not pay) for the reasons that I explained, and a thousand more reasons, which for reasons of space I did not develop).
I beg you, if you have any biblical support that contradicts everything I wrote, you expose it.
It is not with personal views should be treated as such issues.
My respects.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by eghosaobas: 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2012
ptolemeus,i am realy glad to have this contributions of yours.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by chiteny(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
^^^
I need such material also. Pls send to my email: goshen360@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks

Goshen, Eghosa, you can check you mails. I have sent the document to you. Sorry it came this late. I have not been around and only getting to master the use of this new NL.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by PastorKun(m): 8:39am On Mar 30, 2012
chiteny:

Goshen, Eghosa, you can check you mails. I have sent the document to you. Sorry it came this late. I have not been around and only getting to master the use of this new NL.

Goshen could you forward the mail to me as well? Wld love to read it.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by Goshen360(m): 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Goshen could you forward the mail to me as well? Wld love to read it.

Ok sir. You have it bro.
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by PastorKun(m): 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2012
goshen360:

Ok sir. You have it bro.

Thanx bro
Re: Tell Me Why I Must Pay Tithe! by eghosaobas: 9:54am On Apr 02, 2012
chiteny,i am yet to get the mail,could you pls re send it to kennyobazuwa@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Sonoflucifer? / Jesus Worshipped God Same Way Every Prophets Did / How To Know A False Preacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.