Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) (17491 Views)

Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites / JAMB Introduces E-facility Android App / JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by charlisco(m): 5:42pm On Mar 23, 2006

JAMB introduces use of scratch card for on-line registration

[center]VISIT THIS LINK TO GET UPDATE ON JAMB 2008 ONLINE REGISTRATION
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-26996.0.html[/center]
THE Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has discarded with the old method of manual registration for its examinations and has adopted the on-line registration, which is the system currently in vogue worldwide. Consequently, beginning from Monday this week thousands of candidates who will be registering for the 2006/2007 Monotechnics, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education (MPCE) examination are to obtain scratch cards of N3,000 each with which they will go on-line and fill the registration form.

JAMB’s Director of Computer Services Mr. Abdulraheem Adeniran disclosed the adoption of this electronic innovation last week during a meeting with representatives of banks involved in the sales of the Board’s application documents.

According to him, the need to give quality services to the candidates in terms of their having unfettered access to all the necessary information as well as making it possible for JAMB to be sending useful information to candidates through e-mail made the use of electronic registration imperative, adding that it will also make registration less cumbersome since candidates have only one form to fill electronically instead of the old method whereby they were required to fill the OMR Form, Form 03, Envelope Card and Photo card.
He said further that “the beauty of the e-registration is that the problems of collation, sorting and handling of forms have been eliminated.”

Although JAMB’s brochure and syllabus will be issued to each candidate upon purchase of scratch card at designated sales centres such as banks, NIPOST, JAMB’s headquarters and zonal offices, Adeniran disclosed that candidates can also access the JAMB’s brochure on the internet, adding that various courses of study available in the different institutions as well as the list of the institutions available within a catchment area have been fed into the system.
Two important facts were taken into consideration by the Board while perfecting strategies toward ensuring an effective use of the on-line registration system. The need to reduce cases of impersonation and the need to cater for the interests of those who are not yet computer literate.

The method adopted to reduce examination malpractice, according to Adeniran, is that each candidate is required to either scan a printed passport photograph or download a digital copy which is to be fixed to the form. In addition, to this, a slip, containing the particulars and photograph of the candidate, will be printed out, and which will be the passport to the examination hall, adding that the examination supervisor will also have a copy of the slip for confirming the candidates identity.

For making it easier for candidates, especially those who are not computer literate, Adeniran said that a copy of the registration form can first be downloaded and be filled manually by the candidate in order to ensure that the correct information is supplied before going on-line, explaining that the electronic registration does not allow wrong information to be supplied.Asked whether the introduction of the e-registration will not jeopardise the chances of candidates in rural areas who may not have access to cyber café, Adeniran said that JAMB’s survey earlier carried out showed that there is no local government area in the country which does not have access to internet facility.
JAMB is starting the use of electronic registration with the MPCE examination as a test case because it is a low entry examination. The calculation is that the impact of any difficulty that might arise from the use of this system would be minimal and would have been solved before the Universities Matriculation Examination (UME), which is a higher entry one.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/features/education/edu216032006.html
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by asjohn(m): 9:05am On Mar 24, 2006
hello,
I really appreciated that information. But there's something that is not yet clear; were u saying it has started on UME and PCE. i would further appreciate it if i could get succintly more information about jamb e-registeration. thanks
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by dare2341: 9:56am On Apr 14, 2006
please how do i register on-line, try to do so but i don,t how, the site and every thing about the process someone please educate me
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by bobmagnus: 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2006
please i am trying to register for the PCE 2006/2007 examinations with difficulty.i need help here because i am running out of time
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by dgb4(m): 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2008
this system should be the most authentic means for registering for exams but JAMB;s site always operate under a try your luck basis
sometimes the site is up the other time its down.
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by ade4prof: 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2008
The Implementation of the e-Registration of the Joint admission matriculation administration board, Universities matriculation examination.

Examination Malpractise cannot be disclose or Dis-enfrachised in Nigeria, In the constitution of Nigeria 1999 at the section 46, That Misconduct of examination is an un-purnishable un-offence.

The Federal Governement start the Process of Misconduct in Nigeria : Please is there awy forward to braekdown examination misconduct
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by begood1: 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2008
@adeproof
Pls make ur post clearer,
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by bighead1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2009
pliz guyz i need some help here.
i did jamb dis year(2009) whenever i try to check my result it tells me that i have an invalid registration number
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by Technovision: 11:14pm On Jan 16, 2010
The well-known exam, JAMB 2010/2011, which is now UTME 2010/2011 has commenced in full force. The exam consists of the combination of University, Polytechnic and College of Education in a simple form. The exam would take place by April 14, 2010 and registration closes by January 29, 2010. Many candidates around Lagos have started registering and getting prepared to write the exam.

Techno-vision Ventures, an e-registration organization for all formats of exams has started registering many candidates all around Lagos. We assure you of utmost Safety, Confidentiality, Trust-worthiness and Competence in all our dealings.

Techno-vision ventures, offers the following services at cheap and affordable rates:

Reprinting of JAMB slips to those who have already misplaced their slips.
Registration of candidates for the upcoming JAMB exams.
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by Technovision: 10:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
The only reason why the site may say invalid PIN or otherwise is wen u actually make a mistake in the typing. i could help u out. the hotline to cal is 08027007671 or email techbizretort@gmail.com
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by blogguy: 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2010
The new exam is a combination of all. You can get detail in http://jambutme.
Re: JAMB Introduces Online Registration (With Scratch Cards) by pettexx(m): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2010
Hello I can't Re print my Exam Slip , Please I need your Urgent reply concerning this , i have been to UTME website several time trying to re print my examination slip but all to no avail, i wanted to print the slip when i finish registering my UTME but the Cyber cafe i went to don't have Printer so the slip was sent to my e-mail via UTME and it was in spam folder, after like 15days or 30days not sure, the message have been deleted from my e-mail and i can't found it anymore, i have try all my best to try and re print it with my USER-NAME AND PASSWORD and don't work out too, i don't have the Registration Number given to me by UTME, please what can I do to re print this Slip? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
here is my Information
USER-NAME : pettexx
Password : Canada
FULL NAME : ADELEYE PETER OLUWATOSIN
PIN : 418288161814735
SERIAL NUMBER : 160900198384

REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

(1) (Reply)

May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy / Unilag Releases Post Utme Result / LASU VC, MOCPED Provost Locked Out As Unions Begin Strike In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.