Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:13 PM

Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue (5332 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Dickson Leads With Over 60 Percent Of Votes / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Federal Revenue Allocation: Five Highest And Lowest Paid States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by bashr8: 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2012
Professor Itse Sagay, Constitutional Law expert:
“I have been following the debate like others; unfortunately, those who speak on behalf of the Niger Delta on the issue have failed to hit the nail on the head. They should be bold enough to ask their northern colleagues, where does the nation’s revenue come from- instead of caressing the issue rather cautiously.

The northern part of this country does not contribute anything to the national purse. If the area that produces the resources has just a token of 13 percent, the remaining 87 percent is free gift to the entire nation, particularly the North that has nothing to show for its existence. At the Political Reform Conference in 2005, we went to the Federal Ministry of Finance to get figures and facts about what each of the zones contributed to the commonwealth. What we saw was amazing; the North-West brings nothing, the same with the North-Central and North-East. South-West brings minor but the South-South and south east contributes 91 percent.

The posture of the northern governors is the height of ingratitude and insult on the people of the oil-producing areas because they would have been bankrupt if not for the revenue that has been accruing to them from the proceeds of oil and gas.

This is a wake-up call on the people of the oil-bearing region. For instance this is the time to come together and fight intellectually for the anomaly in the uneven allocation of oil blocs in the country. You will observe that because of the long stay of the north in power at the centre, they manipulated the process and cornered these blocs to the disadvantage of the south; today, you have all juicy oil blocs in the hands of the north. Now that Jonathan is there, I would not want to sound being immodest by calling for a revocation of the blocs allocated to the northern businessmen, but from the look of things, they have decided to take the entire South for a ride, so Jonathan should ensure that he corrects this imbalance by allocating more oil-blocs to people in the South to make up for the inequity in the sector.”
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by CaptBarbosa: 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2012
where is the link to the story? abi na ABA made?
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by chino11(m): 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2012
Its a fact Yorubas almajiris and their Hausa cousins and brothers will not come to accept.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by scriptwizz: 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:

SILENCE BRO, THE ABOVE FACT BY OP IS ON POINT.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by bashr8: 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:

not as if its news but just to remind people.
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/component/content/article/140-the-friday-edition/37300-north-is-ungrateful-south-south

its good to share with fellow country men or even fellow african but in a situation where the person sharing his wealth is being cheated and his children killed at every little provocation then something is wrong
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by aljharem(m): 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
scriptwizz:

SILENCE BRO, THE ABOVE FACT BY OP IS ON POINT.

I think you should be silent. Where did you get your facts from ?

All this silly propaganda would not help anyone

It is well known in this country that one of our major export is from Argiculture which the NW, NE, SW and NC contribute

Or is it Crude Oil we nigerians have been eating all this days. Maybe Poundyam, and the meat from ofe nsala has come from crude oil.

If our only export has been crude oil, then when MEND started there bombing, the country should have stand still.

Abeg u people should relax with your propaganda

Moreover, I want to know what the SE contribute to Nigeria and which state is that.

1 Like

Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by bashr8: 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2012
alj harem:

It is well known in this country that one of our major export is from Argiculture which the NW, NE, SW and NC contribute

Or is it Crude Oil we nigerians have been eating all this days. Maybe Poundyam, and the meat from ofe nsala has come from crude oil.

If our only export has been crude oil, then when MEND started there bombing, the country should have stand still.

Moreover, I want to know what the SE contribute to Nigeria and which state is that.

my friend shut up , what agriculture are you talking about , do you know we import over 70 percent of what we consume ,where is the money generated from if not oil, as if all 6 region dont have agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by chino11(m): 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2012
alj harem:

Ewu, do you mind asking Professor Itse Sagay, he is not a bigot like you namas. He knows exactly what each region contributes to the national bowl.

1 Like

Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by musiwa43: 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2012
stop telling lies on the internet. They do not. it as been propaganda by nigeria govt to keep nigeria one.

We are looking at the satellite pictures , and there are many lies told to nigerian by nigeria govt.

Nigeria import over 70% of its oil. So if the import bring in the oil. The nigeria govt collect taxes on oil sold. And this is how it works. the oil is sold in all part of nigeria. And that taxes comes from all part of nigeria, and not from them alone.

Most nigerian never knew that the oil was been imported, they were told , they got the oil from the Ijawland. which was not correct.  there is crude oil in Nigeria but not the many lies told. The 13% oil derivation was based on wrong information too.

The man who wrote the Nigeria constitution was an Ijaw man called Justice Tobi, from Jonathan Goodluck ethnics group. So he included the 13% in the constitution and the people of Nigeria did not ask him to included it. The constitution read, we the people of Nigeria and to be honest with you. The people of Nigeria never had any meeting to that constitution. This is where the problem is.

So technically the 13% is not binding on nigeria topay anyone. because the constitution 1999 was never agreed on by nigerian. What it means is that technically, every state that have collected 13% may be ask to refund the 13% back to the govt because there was no such agree, just an Ijawman call Justice Tobi who including it in the Nigeria constitution. Most nigeria leaders honestly do not read document before they sign. They mostly sign without reading. So I assume the person who was head of state at that time never saw it too.

So the 13% is not really binding on Nigerian. there was a conference but that conference was aborted before it during the abacha govt. Abacha die.  

So the North is right, 13% derivation  is technically illegal because it was never agree on by nigerian, but was put in the Nigeria constitution by Jonathan Goodluck ethnic group member an ijawman called Justice Tobi. This is where the problem is.  The North is right.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by scriptwizz: 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2012
alj harem:

Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by chino11(m): 3:56pm On Mar 10, 2012
alj harem:

From Anambra to Abia to Imo its filled with oil. Infact Anambra has the highest volume of gas reserves in entire Nigeria. So the prof couldn't be wrong anyways.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by scriptwizz: 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2012
alj harem:

YOU KNOW WHEN YOU LOOK AT ALL THIS RAMBLING YOU WILL REALISE THE SE ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THEIR ARGUMENTS, DO YOU KNOW WHY; AN IBO MAN DOES NOT NEED HELP FROM ANYBODY TO SUCCEED, AND SECONDLY, IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT CONTRIBUTION, TAKE A LOOK AT THE MAJOR CITIES IN NIGERIA YOU WILL REALISE THAN IBOS INDUSTRIAL NATURE ACCOUUNT FOR MOST OF THE REVENUE GENERATED THERE, LAGOS IS A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE. WE CONTRIBUTE HUMAN RESOURCES MORE THAN ANY OTHER TRIBE.

OUR OILS WELL ARE  BEING EXPLORED RECENTLY, ONE HAS BEEN EXPLORED IN IMO STATE, ONE IN ANAMBRA, ANOTHER IN ABIA, ALL THESE ARE UNDERGOING DEVELOPMENT FOR FULL USAGE IN THE DISTANT FUTURE FOR OUR DEAR NATION.

WHEN LOCOMOTIVE WAS BEING USED FREQUENLY FOR TRANSPORTATION OF GOODS IN THE 60s, and 70S AND EVEN 80s, ENUGU THE COAL CITY CONTRIBUTED ITS QUOTA. THANK YOU.
chino11:

Ewu, do you mind asking Professor Itse Sagay, he is not a bigot like you namas. He knows exactly what each region contributes to the national bowl.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by aljharem(m): 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2012
bashr8:

my friend shut up , what agriculture are you talking about , do you know we import over 70 percent of what we consume ,where is the money generated from if not oil, as if all 6 region dont have agriculture.

we import 70% of the rice we consume not the food product we consume, get your facts right

First of all, lets ask ourselves what a typical Nigerian consume. (lets try to be mature here without any bigotry)

Rice, Yam, Cassava, Palmoil, vegetable oil, maize (corn and its different forms), meat, fish and chicken.

Now we lets say we import rice, 50 % of vegetable oil right (at least good assumsion)

Now food products like Yam and cassava, where do you think they grow in ?

Ota farm produces about 60% of domestically produced chicken

Adamawa, Kwara produce our meat. Lets be honest

Ondo, Kebbi, Ogin, delta etc produce the fishes

Our crudeoil we cannot consume, but some of our food we consume.

I would not be a hypocrite here, SE produce some of our palm oil and rice (abakaliki) but that is a very small percentage compare to Plantations of Palm oil In OAU and ofada rice which is even considered a delicacy by some Igbos I know.

Saying the SW contributes just 9 % even though they still contribute the same crude oil you contribute and the NC and NE nothing is very mischievous and disrespective to the hard working farmers in those regions
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by aljharem(m): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2012
chino11:

From Anambra to Abia to Imo its filled with oil. Infact Anambra has the highest volume of gas reserves in entire Nigeria. So the prof couldn't be wrong anyways.

And you think I do not know. BTW the highest deposite of gas is not anambra but Lagos
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by bashr8: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2012
alj harem:

we import 70% of the rice we consume not the food product we consume, get your facts right

First of all, lets ask ourselves what a typical Nigerian consume. (lets try to be mature here without any bigotry)

Rice, Yam, Cassava, Palmoil, vegetable oil, maize (corn and its different forms), meat, fish and chicken.

Now we lets say we import rice, 50 % of vegetable oil right (at least good assumsion)

Now food products like Yam and cassava, where do you think they grow in ?

Ota farm produces about 60% of domestically produced chicken

Adamawa, Kwara produce our meat. Lets be honest

Ondo, Kebbi, Ogin, delta etc produce the fishes

Our crudeoil we cannot consume, but some of our food we consume.

I would not be a hypocrite here, SE produce some of our palm oil and rice (abakaliki) but that is a very small percentage compare to Plantations of Palm oil In OAU and ofada rice which is even considered a delicacy by some Igbos I know.

Saying the SW contributes just 9 % even though they still contribute the same crude oil you contribute and the NC and NE nothing is very mischievous and disrespective to the hard working farmers in those regions

so na agriculture they use build abuja?

na agriculture money fashola dey demand more revenue for lagos abi or na agriculture money northern governors dey demand more revenue from?
na agriculture money they use they allocate monthly and yearly federal and state budgets?

all the billions and millions of dollars looted by out politicians monthly buying estates in dubai, london etc  na from agriculture?

my friend grow up , there are some people that own one single oil blocks that generate more revenue from oil than ghana ,sudan etc. how dare you compare oil revenue to that of agriculture.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-890480.0.html#msg10370837 go through this thread, you think oil is chewing gum

1 Like

Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by aljharem(m): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2012
scriptwizz:

YOU KNOW WHEN YOU LOOK AT ALL THIS RAMBLING YOU WILL REALISE THE SE ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THEIR ARGUMENTS, DO YOU KNOW WHY; AN IBO MAN DOES NOT NEED HELP FROM ANYBODY TO SUCCEED, AND SECONDLY, IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT CONTRIBUTION, TAKE A LOOK AT THE MAJOR CITIES IN NIGERIA YOU WILL REALISE THAN IBOS INDUSTRIAL NATURE ACCOUUNT FOR MOST OF THE REVENUE GENERATED THERE, LAGOS IS A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE. WE CONTRIBUTE HUMAN RESOURCES MORE THAN ANY OTHER TRIBE.

OUR OILS WELL ARE  BEING EXPLORED RECENTLY, ONE HAS BEEN EXPLORED IN IMO STATE, ONE IN ANAMBRA, ANOTHER IN ABIA, ALL THESE ARE UNDERGOING DEVELOPMENT FOR FULL USAGE IN THE DISTANT FUTURE FOR OUR DEAR NATION.

WHEN LOCOMOTIVE WAS BEING USED FREQUENLY FOR TRANSPORTATION OF GOODS IN THE 60s, and 70S AND EVEN 80s, ENUGU THE COAL CITY CONTRIBUTED ITS QUOTA. THANK YOU.

And the yoruba and hausa man needs help from you all to feed ?

What are you saying, it is better you attack IBB and co that are parasites than attack the hard working people in those regions

Adamawa cows is not new in the market

Ofada rice is not new in the market

Ekiti and Kogi yams are not new in the Nigerian market.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by bashr8: 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2012
alj harem:

And the yoruba and hausa man needs help from you all to feed ?

What are you saying, it is better you attack IBB and co that are parasites than attack the hard working people in those regions

Adamawa cows is not new in the market

Ofada rice is not new in the market

Ekiti and Kogi yams are not new in the Nigerian market.

yoruba yams dont look healthy they look sickling , anambra produces the biggest yams and apart from imported rice abakiliki remains the most sold and consumed rice in nigeria, even a lay man knows dat , its only in silly websites like this that ofada rice or whatever you call gains recognition.

no matter what sector you want to discuss the SE is still ahead, entertainment which is currently the highest employer of labour or is it banking, fishing, poultry ,vegetables , rubber , name it ,we dont have the biggest market in the world in onitsha  for nothing
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by aljharem(m): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2012
bashr8:

so na agriculture they use build abuja?

na agriculture money fashola dey demand more revenue for lagos abi or na agriculture money northern governors dey demand more revenue from?
na agriculture money they use they allocate monthly and yearly federal and state budgets?

all the billions and millions of dollars looted by out politicians monthly buying estates in dubai, london etc  na from agriculture?

my friend grow up , there are some people that own one single oil blocks that generate more revenue from oil than ghana ,sudan etc. how dare you compare oil revenue to that of agriculture.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-890480.0.html#msg10370837 go through this thread, you think oil is chewing gum

I understand what you mean. It is not argiculture but Oil money. Yes

But as I said again those that do not have oil should not be called lazy because they work hard as well.

Again it is not oil that has been feeding this nation, rather it is food

It is not oil that provides building materials for Abuja or house in enugu rather it is Limestone

It is not oil that provides your roads rather it is butimens

It is not Oil that provides steel beams for building rather it is ajoakuta

I can keep going on and on

Yes other regions don't have oil but they are trying to compensate for that. We should stop rubbing their faces to the ground.

That is why I want SNC so we can test the economic power of each region and know who the parasites are.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by Odutodaiwa: 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2012
@ OP. You are a despicable creature. Beneath is the original Prof's statement not what you posted.

[size=8pt][/size]
The northern part of this country does not contribute anything to the national purse. If the area that produces the resources has just a token of 13 percent, the remaining 87 percent is free gift to the entire nation, particularly the North that has nothing to show for its existence. At the Political Reform Conference in 2005, we went to the Federal Ministry of Finance to get figures and facts about what each of the zones contributed to the commonwealth. What we saw was amazing; the North-West brings nothing, the same with the North-Central and North-East. The South-East and South-West brings minor but the South-South contributes 91 percent.

The Prof. in question is someone I have so much respect for. See what a low life like you can make out his statement.

According to him the SS contributes 91percent while the SW & SE contribute 9percent as NW,NE & NC bring nothing to the table. All of you SE'ners making noise. I dare you to say of the 9percent, the SW contributes nothing less than 8percent of the nation's gross.

@ OP next time you should use your head very well before you doctor someone else's statement. Na so una parents re-write Civil war stories carry lies give una come turn una to bitter for life creature. At least our parents sent us to school we can read and write.

Don't you bloody try that again in your miserable life. Bloody revisionist.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by emiye(m): 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2012
@OP, you are a despicable liar shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You ought to be in jail angry , how can you edit someone's quoted statement to suit your wish? shame on you sad sad sad
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by bittyend(m): 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2012
The OP is a clown!! Why edit the quote to include SE? - when the Prof Itse Sagay NEVER mentioned SE?? You're just being disingenuous!! I don't know qhy you Ibos like tagging SE to SS - these are two different zones. 95% of the oil in Delta State belongs to the Ilajes and Itsekiris - and Prof. Itse Sagay is a proud Itsekiri and Yoruba man.

This is the original quote from Prof. Itse Sagay:

"The northern part of this country does not contribute anything to the national purse. If the area that produces the resources has just a token of 13 percent, the remaining 87 percent is free gift to the entire nation, particularly the North that has nothing to show for its existence. At the Political Reform Conference in 2005, we went to the Federal Ministry of Finance to get figures and facts about what each of the zones contributed to the commonwealth. What we saw was amazing; the North-West brings nothing, the same with the North-Central and North-East. The South-East and South-West brings minor but the South-South contributes 91 percent."
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by Ejine(m): 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2012
The South-South is the most exploited and cheated region in Nigeria! We should secede angry
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by Ejine(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2012
bittyend:

The OP is a clown!! Why edit the quote to include SE? - when the Prof Itse Sagay NEVER mentioned SE?? You're just being disingenuous!! I don't know qhy you Ibos like tagging SE to SS - these are two different zones. 95% of the oil in Delta State belongs to the Ilajes and Itsekiris - and Prof. Itse Sagay is a proud Itsekiri and Yoruba man.

"The northern part of this country does not contribute anything to the national purse. If the area that produces the resources has just a token of 13 percent, the remaining 87 percent is free gift to the entire nation, particularly the North that has nothing to show for its existence. At the Political Reform Conference in 2005, we went to the Federal Ministry of Finance to get figures and facts about what each of the zones contributed to the commonwealth. What we saw was amazing; the North-West brings nothing, the same with the North-Central and North-East. The South-East and South-West brings minor but the South-South contributes 91 percent."

Whatever the case Bittyend, the fact that the South East and South West at least bring something to the table makes them less irritating than the dead-weight Northern parasites. Seriously, I wouldn't mind having them in the same country, as long as the illiterate, worthless Northerners are NOT included.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by Ejine(m): 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2012
Besides, I doubt Prof. Sagay factored in the Service and Informal sector, which the SE and SW dominate heavily.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by EzeUche(m): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2012
And out of that 91%, the South-South probably provides 80% of Nigeria's federal revenue, because the South-East hasn't been fully tapped into.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by manchy7531: 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2012
In their reactions to the demand by the North for a reallocation of oil resources, some key South-South figures described the call as insulting and a further proof that the North is ungrateful to the South. Below are their excerpts of the reactions:

Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, founder of the Niger Delta Peoples’ Volunteer Force (NDPVF).

“I have said it before and I will continue to reinforce it; Nigeria is a forced union and such cannot stand the test of time. Very soon, we in the Niger Delta shall commence what we call Operation Occupy Niger Delta Resources; once that starts, we shall lead a protest to the President with a warning that no dime of our oil money should henceforth, be sent to the north which has all these years, criminally manipulated the Nigerian state to the extent of claiming more population than the south, a situation that has resulted in the parasitic accumulation of our resources to their desolate local government areas which are mere structural entities without human beings.

It is now time for both the UN and the AU to come to Nigeria and conduct a scientific population analysis of the country; I make bold to say that Kano state is not more populated than Bayelsa not to talk of Lagos state. This is the fraud they have used to criminally determine the sharing of resources. As it stands today, we are getting very close to the point that we shall inevitably be on a collision course with our brother, Jonathan because we shall not fold our hands and allow this provocation to continue beyond now. Let the north go its own way and the others should also determine their future. To say the least, the outburst of the northern governors is not only a lazy and parasitic one, it is highly provocative and we are close to the situation where each region will control its resources.”

Professor Itse Sagay, Constitutional Law expert:
“I have been following the debate like others; unfortunately, those who speak on behalf of the Niger Delta on the issue have failed to hit the nail on the head. They should be bold enough to ask their northern colleagues, where does the nation’s revenue come from- instead of caressing the issue rather cautiously.

The northern part of this country does not contribute anything to the national purse. If the area that produces the resources has just a token of 13 percent, the remaining 87 percent is free gift to the entire nation, particularly the North that has nothing to show for its existence. At the Political Reform Conference in 2005, we went to the Federal Ministry of Finance to get figures and facts about what each of the zones contributed to the commonwealth. What we saw was amazing; the North-West brings nothing, the same with the North-Central and North-East. South-West brings minor but the South-South and south east contributes 91 percent.

The posture of the northern governors is the height of ingratitude and insult on the people of the oil-producing areas because they would have been bankrupt if not for the revenue that has been accruing to them from the proceeds of oil and gas.

This is a wake-up call on the people of the oil-bearing region. For instance this is the time to come together and fight intellectually for the anomaly in the uneven allocation of oil blocs in the country. You will observe that because of the long stay of the north in power at the centre, they manipulated the process and cornered these blocs to the disadvantage of the south; today, you have all juicy oil blocs in the hands of the north. Now that Jonathan is there, I would not want to sound being immodest by calling for a revocation of the blocs allocated to the northern businessmen, but from the look of things, they have decided to take the entire South for a ride, so Jonathan should ensure that he corrects this imbalance by allocating more oil-blocs to people in the South to make up for the inequity in the sector.”

Professor Godini Darah, university don, resource control advocate:
“It is an outrageous provocation, an act of ingratitude; for over years, oil has been sustaining the development of the north, yet they are behaving like imperial masters.

Nigeria should be a federal republic with people controlling their resources. Now that they have [provoked us, we will insist on nothing less than 100 percent. In 2005, we advocated and demanded a compromise of 50 percent which was the position at independence before the so-called northern power mongers manipulated the political process and stole our resources and rights of ownership in an innocuous and disdainful Section 44(3) of the constitution that oil found anywhere in the country belongs to the federal government.

That particular section of the constitution should be abrogated and a new clause inserted so that there will be 100 per cent ownership of resources by the people. This is very equitable and just; the North will also benefit from such arrangement because it is rich in minerals. Nasarawa and Plateau have at least 21 of such minerals. Let oil and gas found in the continental shelf belong to the coastal states. We are only inspired by this arrogance of the north and we will not rest until we achieve the resource control goal”

Comrade Joseph Evah, Chairman, Ijaw Monitoring Group (IMG):
“My opinion on this matter is very different; I am very happy at the way the northern governors have come out to call the entire south-south governors and politicians fools, that is what they have done and I am happy about it because the same set of politicians will go to them at night and beg them for one position or the other why won’t they think they own Nigeria? I f you look at the way even the governors of oil-producing states are responding, they are talking with only one lip of their mouth because they are afraid to say something.

Some of them are already thinking about their future election or what they intend to get from one northern leader. I won’t be surprised if the northern governors have their way because they have a way of getting their goals because of the gullibility of our political leaders from the south-south.

Rear Admiral Festus Porbeni, former Transport Minister, former Chief of Naval Staff:
“We are close what some of us have for a very long time, advocated. We need to sit down and discuss our terms of existence and co-operation as Nigerians; I am not talking about a Sovereign National Conference but a National Dialogue whose views form the basis for a better national direction”.

Festus Keyamo, Lagos Lawyer:
“I think their clamour for more funds lacks moral merits because they only need to look more inwards and get more revenue, possibly more than the south itself. To be candid, the over-dependence of the north on oil revenue is not good for them at all”.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=890897.0
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by Standing5(m): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2012
In terms of contribution from major regions in Nigeria since the 1940s, the South-West is by far the highest contributor. If we are to factor in the buying power of the money each regiön contributed when these contribution where made.
Secondly, the SE can boast of all the gas deposits in the world, as long as it has not been explored, it will count for nothing in a thread like this.
Thank you.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by Beaf: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2012
Imagine producing 91% of the nations wealth only to be called fishermen and yamirin by ingrates.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by nduchucks: 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2012
Beaf:

Imagine producing 91% of the nations wealth only to be called fishermen and yamirin by ingrates.

Please name a single producer of oil or any other wealth from your area. You people should be flattered by being called fishermen because you are sorry fishermen who cannot even mass produce fish despite your proximity to the Atlantic. You people should be supplying all of Africa with your stolen $1trillion derivation over the years.

91% ko, 191% ni.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by Dainfamous: 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2012
They are biting the hands that feed them angry angry angry angry
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by Beaf: 8:20pm On Mar 10, 2012
bittyend:

Dude, seriously it is better to get your state producing more than to continue making insulting claims about Delta state people. Leave our Ilaje's and Itsekiri's out of any oil inspired love, afterall it is obvious how the Ilaje's outside of Delta state are forced to live like animals. Today in Delta, we have an Itsekiri man as governor even though they are a small minority; if they were to be outside of Delta, they would be banished to bestial slums like the Ilaje's.

Please bruv, keep your tall tails about oil production and bullshiit out of Delta state. We have already had a referendym in 1963 and 99% of Deltans (including Itsekiri's and Ilaje's) opted out of the Western region, because of the exact attitude you are displaying here.

Mind your state, while we mind ours. Thank you.
Re: Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue by Standing5(m): 8:20pm On Mar 10, 2012
Beaf:

@bold part, False. the ND does not produce 91% of Nigeria's wealth. They did not put oil there and the are not incharge of its exploration and production.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Occupy Nigeria - One Year Later / Prof Soludo Tears Okonjo Iweala To Shreds. / $533 Million Dollars Paid As Bribe To GEJ Cabinet Say Italian Prosecutors By ENI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.