Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai (13042 Views)

Ambode, Wike, Elrufai Leads In ANAP Opinion Polls / Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by CharlesE1: 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2012
Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai

Controversial former Minister of the FCT, Malam Nasir Elrufai, has accused President Jonathan of planning to opt of of the federation and create a new nation called Ijaw Republic.

Malam Elrufai made this allegation today on his Twitter profile (see below).

It is unclear whether Elrufai was upset at President Jonathan's words spoken yesterday in Makurdi ad which some believe is veiled a response to some governors who were clamouring for a greater share of proceeds from the sale of crude oil.

The President said: “We have resources in all parts of the country to sell. All states of the federation have products they can export.  The governors should work with private sector operators to produce and sell what they have not only to Nigerians but also for export.

“Nigeria is an agro-based economy even before the civil war and that is why they did not borrow money to prosecute the war.  We should be able to revive this process like it happened in those period where oil is not an issue.

“If we create the enabling environment and liase with the private sector, people will not need to steal or go into 419 before they can make it.”

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/jonathan-plans-to-have-ijaw-republic-says-elrufai

Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by BlackPikiN(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2012
El-Rufai is Insane
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 10, 2012
^^ understatement
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2012
^^lmao
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by EzeUche(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2012
Ijaw Republic sounds good to me. cool

Just like an Igbo Republic, Yoruba Republic, Edo Republic etc.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by marcus1234: 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by Standing5(m): 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2012
What if him break comot? Shuooo!!!! El Rufai is Day-Dreaming, 40+ yrs of oil money no reach them abi, if i here. Let them dominate their land now.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by cfours: 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2012
rotflmao
grin
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by EzeUche(m): 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2012
Jonathan is making these Northerners afraid of the future. grin
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by naptu2: 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2012
President Jonathan is completely right. I think it was General Adebayo that said that Nigeria prosecuted the war using money from cocoa.

I can't understand why we can't encourage every state to generate income from their resources. No part of Nigeria is poor.

What we have now is a situation where our blessings have turned to curses. Crude oil, which should be a blessing, has led to environmental degradation and political instability. Cattle, that should have been a blessing (if we had ranches/grazing areas, milk and beef processing factories and working railway systems) has turned into the curse of the nomadic fulani cattle rearer. Gold that should have been a blessing has turned into the curse of lead poisoning. It's just crazy!

I propose that the individual who owns the resource should keep his resource and the proceeds from it and only pay tax to the government. The taxes are remitted upwards from the local government to the state and finally, the federal government. The tax receipts should be shared in this way. 25% to the local govt, 30% to the state govt, 20% to the Federal Govt and 25% will be redistributed amongst the states and used for emergency purposes (flood, drought, etc).
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by musiwa43: 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2012
if anyone want to leave, that is their problem. Nobody should be scared if anyone leave a country.

Many northerners want to leave too. less than 1% of nigerian benefit from govt contract. It is only people mostly benefit from govt contract that are scare of break up of nigeria. If you dont eat from a plate , why should anyone be scare if that plate break up.

this is the north, why should the north be scared, do you find this in jaw land. the north must know economy is about your currency. Any country is its currency and not oil. it is your currency..

At a point when innocent people are been killed. It is normal to think , and would be acceptable to break up nigeria, not only to protect the citizen of nigeria but even others not nigerian

I think it is lack of understanding economy that is why some people in the north as scare if people leave or not. even if they leave and they sell oil to the north, the north country can subsidy the oil with its own currency and sell at what ever price they want it for their people. They own their currency and they do what ever they want. this is why Britain refuse to give up the pound in euro. so that Britain can control their own economy. As long as you have your own money, you control your economy.

Dont forget , that the north would now have a foreign exchange agric earner, the food supply to southerner now become cash crop and no more for domestic use. And they will be selling not in their own currency but in dollar. When Ghana buy goods from Nigeria, they pay in Dollars. So the food the south would be buying from the north would be in dollar, which balance out the equation.

The food brought by southerners from northerners is worth over $30 billion a year. So you see ethier the divide nigeria, it does not affect the north.

The problem is most northerners leaders dont know this. they think oil is everything.

If Oil was so important, as some people have made northern leaders feel , that this is the reason why northerners should not leave. They are wrong. Now let me ask this question. How many building in abuja is own by oil companies.. The answer is less than 50 buildings. even if you go to lagos and you ask the same question. That how many building in lagos are own by oil companies, the answer is less than 50 buildings. So if the oil companies own 50 building in abuja and another 50 building in lagos.

What does that tell you, that the oil companies are infinitesimal in Nigeria economy. And it is also infinitesimal in the north or abuja. infinitesimal means the effect is so small.

[img]http://damiensblackbook.files./2009/10/abj.jpg[/img]

Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by cfours: 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2012
EzeUche:

Jonathan is making these Northerners afraid of the future.  grin

Jonathan is not that s[i]tupid.[/i]
only a fool thinking with his stomach and ego, rather than his brain, will think along those lines.

el rufai is delusional
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2012
His paranoia is getting the better of him. Very soon he'll be running from his own shadow shocked shocked.

Even if Ijaws want to break away and form their own country nko? Don't they have an inalienable right as a people to chart a course to their own destiny? How the fuc*k has being part of Nigeria helped them progress? It seems this country is being held together for the sole purpose of ONE ETHNIC GROUP ONLY, yet said ethnic group doesn't want to get its act together to make the rest of the country stop seeing them as a liability and a dead-weight.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by musiwa43: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2012
i think it is only northerners or people who benefit from govt contract that does not want nigeria to break up, i do not collect govt contract, so i dont know how you contractors feel.

but what i know is that most people in the north, dont care if nigeria break up.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by Odunnu: 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

El-Rufai is Insane
and evil
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by Manny01: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2012
Check this:

Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by Desola(f): 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2012
Now someone is saying it as it is. Boko Haram is the tool for Jonathan's secession bid.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by Dainfamous: 9:29pm On Mar 10, 2012
Can you imagine if Nigeria political cabals were left to do their business as usual by now el rufai will have a juicy oil well sucking his own from one side that is SS will be worst than Zoo by now angry angry that means their will be another war in Nigeria if it continue like in the past,
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by PointB: 7:18am On Mar 11, 2012
What is the big deal if Ijaw secedes? El Rufia and his Northern folks better start learning how to occupy their cows. ND oil should be used to build world class infrastructure in ND, not to funds almajiri schools and corpers killers.

Occupy your cows, El Rufia!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by phreakabit(m): 7:35am On Mar 11, 2012
musiwa,,.:
if anyone want to leave, that is their problem. Nobody should be scared if anyone leave a country.

Many northerners want to leave too. less than 1% of nigerian benefit from govt contract. It is only people mostly benefit from govt contract that are scare of break up of nigeria. If you dont eat from a plate , why should anyone be scare if that plate break up.

this is the north, why should the north be scared, do you find this in jaw land. the north must know economy is about your currency

[img]http://damiensblackbook.files./2009/10/abj.jpg[/img]

Musiwa thank you very much for your ever so reliable photos. Its good people are starting to see these Northerners for who they really are.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by juman(m): 8:50am On Mar 11, 2012
One nigeria has failed.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by dabrake(m): 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2012
no matter how much el-rufai opens his disgusting incinerator, he will never win 2015 presidential elections. say no to abokis. an aboki is an aboki. WAAP(War Against Aboki Presidents) must continue
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2012
juman: One nigeria is nonsense
nonsense and ingredient.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by bumzy231(m): 12:14pm On Mar 11, 2012
BlackPikiN: El-Rufai is Insane
and stupid
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by otokx(m): 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2012
Did El Rufai really say so?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by dadicvila(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2012
Standing5: What if him break comot? Shuooo!!!! El Rufai is Day-Dreaming, 40+ yrs of oil money no reach them abi, if i here. Let them dominate their land now.
you dey mind this ungrateful parasites??
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by Yeske2(m): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2012
I think these northern intelligentsia are cooking up or are up to something sinister and very soon we'll get to know what it is. What with the irrational speech these days, from governor of the CBN, governor of Niger state and now El-rufai. We ready for them any which way.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by Marlboro1: 12:36pm On Mar 11, 2012
So what if any group finally gets tired and decides to go away. This country will continue with this 1 step forward and 10 steps backwards as long as status quo exists. North wants sharia, almajiri and illiteracy and should be allowed to run their region as they see fit. But others must not be bound - hands and feet in the interest of "one Nigeria".
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by seunlayi(m): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2012
BlackPikiN: El-Rufai is Insane
that is now confirm by his utterances

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by semid4lyfe(m): 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2012
Pathetic!

Coming from El-Rufai. . .now I know he's a raving mad man. Na to waka naked for road remain for am

Shioor

Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by buzor(m): 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
i think el rufai has gone SENILE;
i hope d english is correct though
Re: Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai by npabo: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2012
The more El-rufai tries desparately to be relevant, the less relevant he is. I am beginning to get worried.I hope he is still ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arunma Oteh - SEC DG Sent On Compulsory Leave / JUST IN!!! Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest: Niger Delta Youth Boil For War / Nigeria Fully Capable Of Dealing With Banditry, Terrorism - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.