Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Becoming A Hacker With No Formal Knowledge Of It - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Becoming A Hacker With No Formal Knowledge Of It (1784 Views)

Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics / How To Be A Hacker / The Difference Between A Programmer, A Hacker, And A Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Becoming A Hacker With No Formal Knowledge Of It by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2012
Good day everyone,

My name is Gbolahan, am ND graduate of Mass communication in NIJ, I happen to be one of the Nigerians who hates mathematics with passion, I was of the art department in College. I just happen to find myself on the computer every now and then, I could remember in my ND days in school, many people in my school would come to me to help them do this and that on their system and the funny thing is that I don't even have a desktop computer I can call my own not to talk of a laptop, and most of these things they tell me to do, I have no knowledge of it, it's only when they bring it to me that look at it and gradually I gain more knowledge of a computer and what I can do with it, but my point is this, I've been thinking of learning hacking, I've read so many ebooks online but it gets to a point where I don't understand the languages anymore and I rest, I've not relented but I just don't get it, why am putting this here is because of what I saw Nigerian hackers do to some websites during subsidy strike here, that's why I am asking for help from any NL' who can put me through, or is it impossible for me to know these things with no formal knowledge of iT? Please I need answers, I even tried using my ND certificate to apply for computer science in a school here in Nigeria but I was told its impossible because of my previous field, I know it's possie outside Nigeira but I'd have to start afresh. The problem is this, right now I can't afford to school outside Nigeria and Nigerian schools are not even ready to help. I own a laptop now though
What do I do, I don't just see myself as a communicator, I need something more practical and something I'd do with passion.
I await your comments

Gbyte
Re: Becoming A Hacker With No Formal Knowledge Of It by delomos(m): 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2012
I would interpret your "hacker" to mean "programmer", this article will give you an insight: http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Programmer

Then you and follow-up with a more detailed question.
Re: Becoming A Hacker With No Formal Knowledge Of It by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 11, 2012
Thanks for the link, going through it and I can see that this is becoming more serious, I'd get in touch when I have question, if you don't mind also please drop your email address
Re: Becoming A Hacker With No Formal Knowledge Of It by delomos(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
not a problem: me (at) delewrit.es (dot) com

(1) (Reply)

What Is Cchub About? / See What Nairaland Looked Like In December, 2005 With 9,175 Members ONLY / How To Make Money Coding Without A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.