Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

"Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? - Nairaland / General (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? (26045 Views)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) / Nairaland 2 Wealth <welcome> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by naptu2: 1:13pm On Apr 01, 2012
THANK GOD! THANK GOD! THANK GOD! It's not perfect, but Thank God!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Dyt(f): 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2012
Hehehhehehehe
Oga seun na so?
Lol
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by ektbear: 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2012
Any chance we could have ignore lists? Put someone on an ignore list and their posts are hidden from you?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2012
ekt_bear: Any chance we could have ignore lists? Put someone on an ignore list and their posts are hidden from you?

LWTMB!

Seriously though, that might just end/curb the tribal fights.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2012
If people are involved in fights, I guess we can block them from seeing each others' posts.

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Demdem(m): 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2012
Seun: If people are involved in fights, I guess we can block them from seeing each others' posts.

my friend, dont try that oooo

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2012
Seun: If people are involved in fights, I guess we can block them from seeing each others' posts.

u mean on a case by case basis? At the discretion of the mods perhaps?
[s]
Hmmn, some people are already thinking blocking will make NL less interesting.[/s]

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by deols(f): 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2012
hello,

I have been getting notifications to threads I did not comment on nor did I even see. Is it how the NL2 works or there's been some problem somewhere?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by denzel2009: 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2012

Bros, abeg shey na by force? I no want notifications... kilode gan?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 10:31pm On Apr 04, 2012
deols: hello,

I have been getting notifications to threads I did not comment on nor did I even see. Is it how the NL2 works or there's been some problem somewhere?

hope u dont mind my 2cents?

1stly, the notifications r in Digest form, so they shouldnt be much of a bother.

2ndly, Mukina2 is ur friend, so u get subscribed to her posts, most of which make the frontpage.

You must have glanced at a few of those inadvertently, hence the mysterious updates.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Brite02(m): 10:37pm On Apr 04, 2012
oga seun no bring ignore/block list ohh. It will kill the spirit of nairaland grin
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by maclatunji: 11:12pm On Apr 04, 2012
Brite02: oga seun no bring ignore/block list ohh. It will kill the spirit of nairaland grin

If im try am ehn, traffic go fall well. Dat one go be d beginning of a nosedive.

1 Like

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by deols(f): 11:53am On Apr 05, 2012
yamakuza:

hope u dont mind my 2cents?

I dont at all.

1stly, the notifications r in Digest form, so they shouldnt be much of a bother.

they'r not. I was just wondering if someone is using my account

2ndly, Mukina2 is ur friend, so u get subscribed to her posts, most of which make the frontpage.

you mean i get automatic subscription to posts by every of my friends? no. or hers is a different case for being da super mod?

You must have glanced at a few of those inadvertently, hence the mysterious updates

I doubt that I did. I'll watch out though. thank you wink

I'll appreciate it if I can block seeing a certain person's posts. You can make people decide rather than let the moderators do the job like it is on FB and twitter.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by deols(f): 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2012

I'll appreciate it if I can block seeing a certain person's posts. You can make people decide rather than let the moderators do the job like it is on FB and twitter.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by maclatunji: 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2012
Seun, I noticed you changed the view for the mobile version of Nairaland yesterday. Well, I think you should revert back to the previous format. This new mobile theme looks cramped and riotous (I counted 8 colours in close proximity on each post).

The desktop format still has the curvy edges whilst the mobile version looks like one ugly block with different colours.

I request a change to the last known configuration that worked on mobile.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2012
@maclatunji: when last did you check the mobile look. It's exactly the same as the desktop look now!
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by maclatunji: 7:46pm On Apr 05, 2012
Seun: @maclatunji: when last did you check the mobile look. It's exactly the same as the desktop look now!

My last post was from my mobile phone. It looks different to me O. I noticed the difference yesterday. I did not comment because I thought you might be testing some things. It looks different on my computer. This version looks cramped on mobile.

Your demarcations with colour doesn't seem to be enough to make things easier on the eye on mobile.

I am browing with Operamini 6.5 on a Blackberry.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2012
I did not change the view for the mobile version of Nairaland yesterday. Send me a screenshot from your phone.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by maclatunji: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2012
How does one do that on a blackberry? Maybe you didn't but I noticed the cramped nature of the pages yesterday on mobile. It looked a lot better when people where complaining about the computer version. Now colours are all over the place.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 12:01am On Apr 06, 2012
yw.

deols:
you mean i get automatic subscription to posts threads created by every of my friends?

Yup! U r automatically subscribed.
[s]
The primary purpose of the Friend thingy.[/s]
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by yamakuza: 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2012
maclatunji:

yamakuza:
@all:
what kind of topics do you want to see on the front page?

Kindly answer on the link below:

www.nairaland.com/908676

Thanks.

Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by deols(f): 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2012
yamakuza:
yw.

Yup! U r automatically subscribed.
[s]
The primary purpose of the Friend thingy.[/s]

oh, okay. thanks again
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by onila(f): 5:41pm On Apr 07, 2012
Why cant i create new topics more than 5 times a day

I am someone who posts news articles every day. .I shouldnt have limits undecided
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by maclatunji: 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2012
I have a new issue I want addressed. It is about multiple log-ins on separate devices. The old Nairaland allowed me to sign-in on a computer and phone without logging me out of either. However, with the new Nairaland, if I login on one device it logs me out of the other almost automatically.

This means I have to sign-in several times a day as I switch from my laptop to my phone frequently. As a user it is irritating. As a moderator, it is a bit frustrating.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2012
maclatunji: I have a new issue I want addressed. It is about multiple log-ins on separate devices. The old Nairaland allowed me to sign-in on a computer and phone without logging me out of either. However, with the new Nairaland, if I login on one device it logs me out of the other almost automatically.

This means I have to sign-in several times a day as I switch from my laptop to my phone frequently. As a user it is irritating. As a moderator, it is a bit frustrating.
Eyah. It's a choice I made with the intention of improving security. Do your browsers not store your password?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by maclatunji: 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2012
What if my device gets lost or stolen? Whoever gets it can take-on my online identity.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Seun(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2012
maclatunji: What if my device gets lost or stolen? Whoever gets it can take-on my online identity.
You can change your Nairaland password if that ever happens. As long as they don't have your email password.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2012
Err mm Seun I've been having too many friends requests especially from handles i don't know so i hardly accept them, someone brought to my notice a request she sent which i didn't accept and because she was amongst the first persons to send one i couldn't find her name on the ones i can see now(have about 90 requests now but can only see about 20 names\handles or so) .

I clicked on the ignored request bottom to see if i can find her name there but all i see is"Freecocoa ignored" please what does it mean? and does it mean i can no longer have access to those requests which came earlier?there are some i want to accept.
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
freecocoa: Err mm Seun I've been having too many friends requests especially from handles i don't know so i hardly accept them, someone brought to my notice a request she sent which i didn't accept and because she was amongst the first persons to send one i couldn't find her name on the ones i can see now(have about 90 requests now but can only see about 20 names\handles or so) .

I clicked on the ignored request bottom to see if i can find her name there but all i see is"Freecocoa ignored" please what does it mean? and does it mean i can no longer have access to those requests which came earlier?there are some i want to accept.
Story story Story!!!!!

Looolzz
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by freecocoa(f): 7:38pm On Apr 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Story story Story!!!!!

Looolzz
Wetin be story for the talk na?you don high this early evening?
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 12, 2012
@Seun
any hope on solving the issue i mentioned a while back:

MRbrownJAY: @Seun and his team
on the OLD NL, when replying to a thread, if someone else had replied to that thread while you were typing, you would get a reminder before you could post.......but now on NL2, it doesnt say anything and you end up replying to the wrong person sometimes (especially when using ^^)........ so then you try to modify your post, BUT then you dont get the "quote button" available.

or is it just me again? lol
Re: "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? by dabrake(m): 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2012
Mr seun, like someone once quoted, can we have a 'slap' button after the 'like' button? I would also love a 'merciless brutality' or 'baths with hot oil/conc. acid' button after that? This will help me express my annoyance at any comment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide / Please What Does "Yinmu Yinmu" Mean? / Flooding Leaves Thousands Stranded At Abuja-lokoja Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.