Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? (4684 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Afam4eva(m): 10:18am On Mar 12, 2012
I've been having this argument with my sister about how the kind of life born again christian is supposed to live. While i've always had this opinion that once you're born again, you should not involve yourself in things like stealing, fornication, killing and other vices that are not pleasing to God, my sister thinks otherwise. She says that one only gets born again once and after that it does not matter what the person does, whether the persons keeps chasing women, lieing and is involved in other sinful acts, that if Jesus comes, the person will still make heaven. How possible is this? Btw, my sister is a Christ Embassy member.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 12, 2012
@afam
Ur sister is a victim of the dangerous heresy of "onced saved,always saved".it is unaguably the most dangerous teachings of the WOF movement and has no scriptural basis rather it goes against the fundamental tenets of the christian faith
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Knight1(m): 11:41am On Mar 12, 2012
Tell you sister "hearsaY" is not admissible in GOd's court.
SHe should read her Bible herself and see!!!
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Knight1(m): 11:41am On Mar 12, 2012
Tell you sister "hearsaY" is not admissible in GOd's court.
SHe should read her Bible herself and see!!!
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 12, 2012
Read up heb 6:4-7 for more clarifications
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by marcopollo(m): 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2012
Ur sista is very correct. However a christian that does not have good works/deeds at all will lose his rewards when Jesus comes back again (1 Cor 3: 8, 10-15). There's a great diff between a gift n a reward (Rom 4: 4,5). Salvation/eternal life/righteousness is a Gift u get by believing in Christ (John 1:12; 3:16,36; 5:24 etc)and not a reward. These gifts can never b lost (John 10:26-29). U cannot be unborn of GOD! Christians should stop carnal thinking. Jesus said, Behold I come quickly and my reward (not gift) is with me to give everyone according to his work (not faith) shall be. (Rev 22: 12). Thanx.

3 Likes

Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Burntcoal(f): 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2012
You can get born again as many times as u want the germane thing is repentance and restitution
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by logica(m): 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
. . .and you only live twice.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by moskeda: 12:20pm On Mar 12, 2012
Being born again is an everyday thing cos His mercies are new every morning. A righteous man falls seven times n he is helped by God. Oyakhilome is teaching heresy

1 Like

Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2012
@POSTER, your sister is really right! You get Born again once but repentance is not once. you can get born again, i.e knowing christ and His father in heaven and still fall into sin, what you then need is repentance.
I think you misquoted her or she is misquoting her pastors by saying you can continue in sin and still make heaven when christ comes. Let her not be like the foolish virgins that their light went out when waiting for the bridegroom.
A word is enough for the wise
and according to my friend Eze-- a sentence is enough for the foolish.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by LEXYLOV: 12:27pm On Mar 12, 2012
Once you sure of yourself as a born again and still you keep on committing sin which you know, you are not a born again, unless you want to be performing baptism multiple time and consider your self as on/or born again which is no born again undecided
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by MissyB3(f): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2012
She says that one only gets born again once
True!

and after that it does not matter what the person does, whether the persons keeps chasing women, lieing and is involved in other sinful acts, that if Jesus comes, the person will still make heaven.
False!

When you accept Christ into your life, and at some point in your Christian journey you divert/fall short of expectations, you are expected to be remorseful and sincerely ask for forgiveness, after which you can continue your journey having been forgiven, striving not to divert again.
You don't start from the scratch again. Grace!

Making Heaven is conditional, so is having your sins forgiven, God's blessings etc.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by egift(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
Here is how it is in simplicity:
1. A sinner get saved once.
2. When he "falls" into sin, he asks God forgiveness and will be reconciled with God.
3. If he "backslides" (leave God and Christianity), he will have to repeat the entire process of becoming a Christain again.

Important Notes:
- As long as he remains in the faith and fall into sin, all he have to do is repent (not get born again). Repent here means ask forgiveness, while born again means accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour for the first time and also ask for the forgiveness of sin.

- If one is a Christain and yet live in sin or duel in it, that person is decieving him/herself. Christ is not in him, he is impersonating a Christian. He is the type Jesus will tell "get out of my presence, I know you not.

- That someone goes to church or was born in a christain home does not make him a christain. So not everyone that claims to be a Christian is one. Though we will not judge (we are not even allowed to), but God will not only judge them but will cast them into Hell.

2 Likes

Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Somke(m): 1:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
I think she is right to an extent, but she got It all wrong by saying u have to go back to sin. U get born again once. Then u can always rededicate ur life to God.

1 Like

Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by marcus1234: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by harryakon: 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2012
Many people givin quotes here are just talking without any basis saying stuff they have just heard too many times before. It is very important to in Christianity make reference always to the bible and not just dish out stuff as you hear it.
@moskeda, i don't agree with you; you can't just say Oyakhiolome's teaching is heresy because you don't agree with him. you have to prove his wrong first and then tell us else christianity will not move forward
@egift, you seem to be implying that you're a sinner even after giving your life to christ
I'll like us all not to forget that the thief on the cross didn't even do the sinners prayer or even say anything particularly, all he did was that he believed in Jesus. All of many things we do now are just observations and heresay
The truth is that all the bbible says is Believe in Jesus and you have a guarantee to heaven, its hard to accept but its that simple.
1JOhn 2:1 i writes that you shouldn't sin but we have an advocate in heaven, don't misunderstand or misjudge and i'll appreciate it if subsequent comments are with references and not just what we hear.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by escobar07(m): 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2012
i want to believe the poster was joking. why would your sister say something like that.again it either she was listening in church or she has been served bull****.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Okontami: 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
Great, please give me your sister, so that we can commit fornication together, at least she does not see it as a sin to God. Mumu Ewure
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by uju22(f): 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Afam4eva(m): 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2012
Let me expantiate on this topic. According to her, we're living by grace and we're longer bound by the laws in the old testament which explicitly states that there are things that true christians must not be involved in. BBut she says there are different levels in the bible. They are the babies in christ(these are the group of people that despite the fact that they've given their life to Chineke, they still go about doing those things are are unpleasant to God but not necessarily sinful[size=4pt]***i hjavascript:void(0);ope i'm making sense***[/size]). The other group are people that are matured in Christ and have passed that baby stage and understand that you don't need to engage in those sinful acts. Please Christ Embassy people should bail me out. na una doctrine be this.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Afam4eva(m): 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2012
Okontami: Great, please give me your sister, so that we can commit fornication together, at least she does not see it as a sin to God. Mumu Ewure

Go f***k your mother you 1diot.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by niddamugu(m): 1:43pm On Mar 12, 2012
Don't bother yourself. You asked a question and you ended up with the answer. You can only get born again once - correct, but after this you are expected to live a holy life through faith in Christ. Your sister is a victim of some heretic doctrines that are characteristics of the last days. When you mentioned her background - Christ Embassy, I knew she's already soaked in some cloudy murky water. My fear is that she may not be interested in the true doctrine otherwise the only solution to her problem is found in 2Co 6:16-18. I say no more.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by nommcy(m): 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2012
she is partly right, u can only get born once as in the natural birth, but many people only claim it, they dont have what they profess. God is not a bad businessman, that will save you today and lose you tomorow and save you again and loss you again. many so called christian did not wait on God (The Lord Jesus Christ) for the Genuiue baptism of The Holy Spirit. moreover God will never fill a dirty vessel with His Spirit, He being all in all and knows all things.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2012
You can get born again and after sometime go back to the world. Hebrews 6: 4-6 talks about those that were once born again and then go back to the world. It they fall away it is impossible for them to repent. Being born again is not once and for all, you have to continue to build that relationship with God through prayer, fellowship, worship and obedience to His Word.

Being born again does not mean you do not sin, infact Paul talks of the "sin the easily besets us" so you can still be dealing with some problems in one or two areas. However, God sees the heart and he is willing and able to bring you into His light. All have sinned and we continue sinning, none is perfect. But if you were once born again and you now go into a babalawo's shrine to make money you may not make it to heaven.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by bsparks: 2:05pm On Mar 12, 2012
Pls ask her to read the whole of Romans 6. It doesn't get any clearer than that.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by iheanyi4u(m): 2:35pm On Mar 12, 2012
@op I agree with her on one part; u only get born again once. On the other hand I think she is still growing and in d baby stage of Christianity "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (1 Corinthians 13:11) when she comes to maturity she would discard all those other stuffs. According to Paul. . ."All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." (1 Corinthians 6:12).
And oh by the way am a Christ Embassy member
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by JesusDWay(m): 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
@ Poster. Whatever a man sows, he shall reap, that's what the bible says and maybe you should show it to your sister in Galatians 6:7 i guess. If any man be in Christ, he's a new creature, old things are passed away, behold all things are become new.
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:02pm On Mar 12, 2012
afam4eva: I've been having this argument with my sister about how the kind of life born again christian is supposed to live. While i've always had this opinion that once you're born again, you should not involve yourself in things like stealing, fornication, killing and other vices that are not pleasing to God, my sister thinks otherwise. She says that one only gets born again once and after that it does not matter what the person does, whether the persons keeps chasing women, lieing and is involved in other sinful acts, that if Jesus comes, the person will still make heaven. How possible is this? Btw, my sister is a Christ Embassy member.

I laugh in french
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by harryakon: 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
i think its unnecessry to get 'p' wif dis, pls read Rom 13
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Jemibee: 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2012
Not true !!
Re: You Only Get Born Again Once. How True Is This? by Enice(m): 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2012
God Almighty know every ones heart, so we as men cannot deceive him. Not everyone that calls himself a born again christian is one. Therefore, you sister is soo... wrong. She was not born again in the first place. A lion cannot give birth to a dog. When we get born again, we become sinless. But if we continue in our sinfull act, then we were never born again in the first place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Churches And Pastors With Private University in Nigeria (pics) / Who Can Prove That Christianity Is Not Paganism? / How Do I Sell My Soul To Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.