Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:11 PM

The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? (14162 Views)

Poll: Who's staying or leaving?

I'm Staying!: 49% (159 votes)
I'm Leaving: 15% (49 votes)
I'm yet to decide. . .: 22% (73 votes)
I'm not bothered at all. . .: 11% (38 votes)
This poll has ended

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / People In The Joke Department Of Nairaland Are The Most Lazy And : ! / Most Pple On Nairaland Are Unintelligent Babbling Goons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Seun(m): 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2012
Rogbese: The one thing that bothers me is the new search engine. Before, you were presented with a results list that you could then chose from. Now? Everything is pre loaded! If you search for cars you will be given multiple results of the same thing with all the images loaded multiple times. For those browsing on mobile, that's a hefty price to pay.
Yikes. We can hide the attachments on mobile phones if that's what people need.

2 Likes

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by freecocoa(f): 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
berepiki: i like it...itx beta...modern n appealin...mmmmmua....nw i can write a post as easy as ABC
Modern and appealing to you?seems you are just coming from the village and anything with multi color is modern to archaic people, hence the reason village girls wear color riot and feel like Noami campbell,dude visit other sites,get out more,mix with posh people and i bet you you'll think otherwise,ehen last but not the least please get a new edition phone,God bless.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by francis247(m): 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2012
Which kind eyesight damaging-disorganised-disoriented-distasteful NONSENSELAND be dis sef? Seun, u beta do sometin about this mess before sometin go do u ooo.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Frosti(m): 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
~Killz~:

undecided undecided

Why are you squeezing your mouth? Try the site. Its for real. lets build a great community there. No ads, no distractions. Just info, gist and discussions. What say you?
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Killz3(m): 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
Seun, from the votes so far, majority are staying. Even if the undecided eventually decides to join those leaving, majority are staying. . . Pls make it worthwhile. Kai, the brightness ehn. I'm not against the size of fonts, but the colors are too bright! Chei!

Seun, you dey eat at all? cheesy
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by naptu2: 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
Piece of advice. in computer school back in the day, they had a course called creative art and design (CAD), where we learnt how to blend colours, etc. I would advise that you get someone who is versed in that...maybe even an artist, to take a look at the site.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
Unfortunately, this might be my last post here unless and untill this crap is reversed (or at least modified to look and feel similar to the old site, albeit with new features).

I'm sure a lot of people hate my guts anyway, so they should be happy to get rid of my annoying posts. Thanks to Seun, they would have their wish for as long as this useless NL2 stays "live".

It might be hard for me to erase Nairaland from my phone bookmarks where it has been prominent for the past two years, but then, even if I never log in again (never mind commenting on ANY topic), I might pop in once in a while (as a 'guest') to view the topics on the home page. Eventually, as the 'addiction' wears off, coupled with the disgust at Seun's insensitivity and audacity, I shall delete Nairaland from my bookmarks and that will be the end of that.

The painful thing is that this decision is too easy to make. I just can't stand this dreary interface. Everything is boring, irritating to the eyes and senses, and completely enervating. Reminds me of every other annoying forum out there, and has lost the appealing factor that made me join NL in the first place. I do not have the time to go through the pain of trying to get used to an irritation that I do not need.

Thanks ya'll, friends and foes alike. Best of luck!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by oiseworld: 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
why do nigerians critize like this? You give it to the government and you give the private, now seun is at the receiving end. Haba!!!

Those who want to go should go, am not hear to look at ffonts but to get informed and in tune with day to day happens around naija and environs.
SO I STAY!!!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by yamakuza: 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2012
~Killz~:
Seun, from the votes so far, majority are staying. Even if the undecided eventually decides to join those leaving, majority are staying. . . Pls make it worthwhile. Kai, the brightness ehn. I'm not against the size of fonts, but the colors are too bright! Chei!

Seun, you dey eat at all? cheesy

sorry ehn.

I really cant understand why that singular bright color hasnt been changed since.

Cant be that difficult na?

maybe cos its difficult to identify?
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by niddamugu(m): 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2012
"Change" is not your enemy but your friend. In as much as I like the old version but I seem to be getting used to this new format. wink wink wink wink
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by zolzlolz(f): 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2012
I like the new site. But where do we go for updated topic(which is the equivalent?)
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by MrResource(m): 5:37pm On Mar 12, 2012
What da hell My post appeared twice again cry

Seun you should look into this DPS. . .seems everytime i use smileys this s%&t happens!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2012
This issue is similar to subsidy removal. I know Seun is confused. He got "gud" reasons for re-creating NL forum, but his "customers" (abi na citizen) seems not to "understand".
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Goldieluks: 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2012
Still hanging around baby. wink
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Killz3(m): 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2012
yamakuza:

i really cant understand why that singular bright color hasnt been changed since.

Cant be that difficult na?
Bro, i wonder. . . sad sad angry
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by laidback(m): 5:43pm On Mar 12, 2012
On a laptop, this site cannot really be said to be an improvement at least as far as websites and apps go. It looks cheap and not very well thought out. I cant say it conforms to the basic, modern principles of flow and design. I'm still trying to locate the home button!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Killz3(m): 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2012
zolzlolz: I like the new site. But where do we go for updated topic(which is the equivalent?)

Simple! Just click on "followed" under the "Nairaland Forum" Icon. . . cheesy
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by freecocoa(f): 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2012
Come all these people writing in colored fonts,what part of that it hurts the eyes don't y'all get?seun wants to blind us and y'all are helping him,mscheew.

Nna eh Seun i hope you are reading this,I'm not happy at all,see how I'm sitting here with nothing to do,on the real NL I'll be having fun by now engaged in one serious debate or fight,imagine I've not commented on any fav section since yesterday apart from the HBD message i left for a friend,the only topics i've endured posting on are the ones about this new NL,this is not good o,NL is now a bore added to the everyday stress one encounters,please do something fast i beg you.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by untainted: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2012
new nairaland not really as user friendly as the old. the colour is not right too
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by nasty45(m): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2012
Sorry guys,pls help me out.IS THIS THE NAIRALAND I KNOW?I THINK AM LOST SOMEWHERE.ABI NAIJA CYBER HACTIVIST DON COME HACK DS SITE?
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Killz3(m): 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
freecocoa: Come all these people writing in colored fonts,what part of that it hurts the eyes don't y'all get?seun wants to blind us and y'all are helping him,mscheew.

Nna eh Seun i hope you are reading this,I'm not happy at all,see how I'm sitting here with nothing to do,on the real NL I'll be having fun by now engaged in one serious debate or fight,imagine I've not commented on any fav section since yesterday apart from the HBD message i left for a friend,the only topics i've endured posting on are the ones about this new NL,this is not good o,NL is now a bore added to the everyday stress one encounters,please do something fast i beg you.
Abeg, go and marry and keep your husband company. . . grin grin tongue
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Killz3(m): 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
nasty45: Sorry guys,pls help me out.IS THIS THE NAIRALAND I KNOW?I THINK AM LOST SOMEWHERE.ABI NAIJA CYBER HACTIVIST DON COME HACK DS SITE?
grin grin grin
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by freecocoa(f): 6:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
~Killz~:

Abeg, go and marry and keep your husband company. . . grin grin tongue
So you think say na marriage go end am?their aunt CC,jenny,ifyalways,mutter,outstrip,uncle last page,sienna,xynerise(though bachelor hood still dey him body),etc that are all married but still here nko?minus play i miss NL.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by zolzlolz(f): 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
~Killz~:

Simple! Just click on "followed" under the "Nairaland Forum" Icon. . . cheesy
but it just lists the threads you've commented on. It doesn't list updates, like on the old site, when a thread got updated, it would notify you. Now you have to go through all the threads you've commented on and see if someone has replied. But maybe I haven't looked properly. It's very confusing. :'-( AND WHERE ARE THE SMILEYS?!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by slimghost(m): 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
Will someone get blind before Seun listens to us? this bullshit is hurting my eyez and FYI, there's now no difference between Nairaland and the other crap Nigeria forum sites everywhere. Use your head.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
naptu2: I've been a guest on nairaland since 2005/2006 and I know that I've seen people mock Seun many times for using the same smf format since 2005. The new site may not be perfect, but change doesn't come easily. I believe that, rather than being melodramatic and giving ultimatums, etc, we should point out the flaws in the site so that Seun can fix them.

Here are my impressions so far.

1) The new site offers a much better mobile experience. We can now post and see pictures and start threads from our phones. We can also see smilies and profiles.

2) The colour scheme of the new site is terrible if you are using a desktop/laptop computer. I tried scrolling down quickly and I saw magic appearing before my eyes. I had to stop. You need to learn how to blend bright, soft and dark colours.

3) Please bring back the E-mail notifications or provide another means by which members are instantly notified about posts on threads that they are following.
ℓ̊ was beginning to wonder why nobody was posting on threads after ℓ̊ did, so Seun exects me to go hunting my posts for reply...hahahahahhahaha...this is so lame. Even with email notifications, ℓ̊ seldom followed my post now non at all...hahahaha...Bro people have lives outside here. J̲̣̣̣U̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ one flaw ℓ̊ believe Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ ç̣̲̣̣̣̲̣̣ạ̲̣̣̣̲̣̣̊ṇ̲̣̣̣̲̣̃ correct, please do the needful. Mr. Osewa.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by wehla(m): 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
Why're people complaining, I now enjoy NL on my mobile phone than b4. Seun said he is still fine tunin NL2, so I expect people to be patient. Gradually all ur expectation will be met. Easy easy

2 Likes

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by slimyem: 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2012
some peeps were screaming their heads off about leaving yesterday but i see they are still typing off.
Though lots of things are wrong here..no emoticons,you cant quote more than one person in a post, and bla bla but wth!they are a few positives too.
I loved the old Nl better and this one...not so much but i'm staying cuz this place is home already.
Relocating wont be that easy!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by manny4life(m): 6:52pm On Mar 12, 2012
Anyway, the poll clearly shows that 50% or more are likely to stay while about 20% will leave. Those who will stay are more likely to reduce their daily viewing. I'm not leaving but I'm not visiting the site everyday like I used to. I think visiting of 2x every week is enough for me. The color scheme of the website is killing my already poor eyes.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by MyVicky: 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
Staying for real.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by desthan(m): 7:14pm On Mar 12, 2012
Seriously, i think seun should consider changing the font colour back to black as this blue is too bright. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Smoking Zones In Japan.(Picture) / Lagos Environmental Task Force Denies Involvement In The Death Of Man In Oshodi / Cute Girls On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.