Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Pointers To Know We Are Not Moving Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pointers To Know We Are Not Moving Forward (885 Views)

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! / A Reason Why Nigeria Is Not Moving Forward. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pointers To Know We Are Not Moving Forward by DRANOEL(m): 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2012
tenure elongation talks when we are barely into the first tenure.

districts being renamed after individuals

chieftancy titles being collected all over the place

telling us the security situation is under control while a bomb simultaneously goes off

citing 70% of total capital projects to one region

encouraging disintergration through actions and inactions

buying almost all the houses in a street in maitama where the indiand embassy is also located

acquiring hectares of land along the abuja-keffi road

realocating almost all the gardens in abuja to the name of "madam"
Re: Pointers To Know We Are Not Moving Forward by Gbawe: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2012
My guy, they will soon tell you to stop hating and acknowledge that this is "their time" to do as they please while in power. Base feudalism and regressive clannishness has destroyed the minds of many Nigerians and we see evidence of this with all the nonsensical statements being banded about these days.

It is now a taboo to criticise this grossly ineffective government without someone linking such justified criticism simplistically and idiotically to hatred of a "minority" President the major ethnic groups are trying to "destroy". Never mind that this President has only shown unacceptable ineptitude, that is failing all Nigerians, since gaining power.
Re: Pointers To Know We Are Not Moving Forward by DRANOEL(m): 7:41pm On Mar 12, 2012
^ incompetence is too small a word to describe our present political leadership. we were all witnesses to the inconsistencies displayed by those heading ministries and parastatals during the fuel price saga. yet curiously no one lost his/her job. instead criminals (militants) are being awarded multi-billion naira security contracts!
Re: Pointers To Know We Are Not Moving Forward by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 12, 2012
All your signs seems to be caused by the present administration.I wonder.
Now, what exactly do you recommend as the solution?
Re: Pointers To Know We Are Not Moving Forward by achi4u(m): 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2012
if only he can do this one:DISENTIGRATION.apart from this i hate his slow movement.

@op,chose where you will belong now the clock is ticking?
Re: Pointers To Know We Are Not Moving Forward by DRANOEL(m): 11:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
achi4u: if only he can do this one:DISENTIGRATION.apart from this i hate his slow movement.

@op,chose where you will belong now the clock is ticking?

honestly,you truly need re-education
Re: Pointers To Know We Are Not Moving Forward by OIbhagui(m): 4:40am On Mar 13, 2012
Darui: All your signs seems to be caused by the present administration.I wonder.
Now, what exactly do you recommend as the solution?

You really want to know the solution? I will give you the solution: the PEOPLE of the country should come out and force the political class/oligarchy to remove all the financial benefits in holding political office. Also they should remove discretionary action powers of executives to appropriate the country's resources. They have named almost everything in honour of people still living and of the last 50 years(no sense of history and the future).

The West insist on democracy because they know that what the people make of it is their problem; so if the people have democracy and decide to use it by living in the way their forbears have been living for centuries, then that's their problem. The PEOPLE of Nigeria have refused to realise the power that reside in them are are more interested in backstabbing and badmouthing their fellow man. They are so caught up in their religion and ethnic identity and seem to be ready to rather die than change. President Kennedy once said that no country can ever rise above the level of education of its people(not Ph.D's on paper).Enough said!
Re: Pointers To Know We Are Not Moving Forward by DRANOEL(m): 7:07am On Mar 13, 2012
^ couldn't have been said much better.

(1) (Reply)

'world Bank Boss' Biggest Joke Of The Century!!! Can Any Good Come From Corrupti / El-rufai Mock Victims Of Kaduna And Abuja Bombing / I’m laying a new foundation for Abia State —Gov. Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.