Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia (15199 Views)

Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. / An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Beaf: 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2012
Hilarious!!! Wikipedia Entry On Yenegoa

[size=14pt]Yenagoa[/size]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yenagoa is a Local Government Area in Bayelsa State, Nigeria. Its headquarters are in the town of Yenagoa (the State capital) in the south of the area at4°55′29″N 6°15′51″E.

The LGA has an area of 700211116 km² and a population of 12,353,344 at the 2006 census.

The postal code of the area is 561.[1]

Yenagoa is the traditional home of the Ijaw people, Nigeria's largest ethnic group larger than the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo. The Ijaw form the majority of the country. English is the official language, but Epie/Atissa language, one of the Ijo languages, is the major local language spoken in Yenagoa.[citation needed]

Since attaining the status of state capital in 1996, construction and other activities have accelerated appreciably. Yenagoa's population is estimated at about 12,350,000 people.[citation needed] It is the home of the Bayelsa United FC, a premier league football club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yenagoa
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Beaf: 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2012
Make dem warn somebodi o! grin
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by executinal(m): 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2012
No be small larger ooh grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by ifyalways(f): 7:14pm On Mar 12, 2012
LOL

That is darn funny.Must be Beaf's grandchild's handiwork.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Afam4eva(m): 7:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
Wikipedia should start restricting every tom, dick and Ikechukwu from editing infos on the site. This is hilarious.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by pcicero(m): 7:20pm On Mar 12, 2012
Hilarious indeed! How can an ethnic group with only one homogeneous state be larger than those with five states? The possibility only exists in the mind of the writer.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by denzel2009: 7:22pm On Mar 12, 2012
You see why those MEND boys shouldn't be allowed near www. They think the FG can use this info for revenue allocation.

7 Likes

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2012
no wonder el rufai said Gej is planing to have an ijaw nation,anywayz,we've never had a reliable census in this country so i would not blame any body who manipulate population figures to favour his people

1 Like

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Beaf: 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2012
ifyalways: LOL

Grandchild? shocked
Do you think I began "operating" on di babes as soon as I stepped out of the womb? lol!
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by misterh(m): 8:15pm On Mar 12, 2012
I dey laff o! Largest? Dem wan thief am?
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by OAM4J: 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2012
Beaf: [size=14pt]Yenagoa[/size]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yenagoa is a Local Government Area in Bayelsa State, Nigeria. Its headquarters are in the town of Yenagoa (the State capital) in the south of the area at4°55′29″N 6°15′51″E.

The LGA has an area of 700211116 km² and a population of 12,353,344 at the 2006 census.

The postal code of the area is 561.[1]

Yenagoa is the traditional home of the Ijaw people, Nigeria's largest ethnic group larger than the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo. The Ijaw form the majority of the country. English is the official language, but Epie/Atissa language, one of the Ijo languages, is the major local language spoken in Yenagoa.[citation needed]

Since attaining the status of state capital in 1996, construction and other activities have accelerated appreciably. [size=15pt]Yenagoa's population is estimated at about 12,350,000 people[/size].[citation needed] It is the home of the Bayelsa United FC, a premier league football club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yenagoa

Let us assume the ethnic statistic is only for Yenagoa, where did Yenagoa alone got 12.35 million people from? or were they counting fishes with people?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Ejine(m): 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
E be like say dem wan carry am bid for higher revenue allocation.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by lazinc(m): 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2012
Beaf you lied. That is not what is written in Wikipedia.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2012
denzel2009: You see why those MEND boys shouldn't be allowed near www. They think the FG can use this info for revenue allocation.

kai!! nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by dayokanu(m): 12:30am On Mar 13, 2012
Thats what you get from people who had no shoes, Chances are that they also have no brains.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Beaf: 12:32am On Mar 13, 2012
dayokanu: Thats what you get from people who had no shoes, Chances are that they also have no brains.

Said by one with the IQ of a toad.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by tpia5: 12:47am On Mar 13, 2012
why did beaf open a thread to abuse ijaw people, and at the same time wants to attack others for posting.

and what about this:

That is not what is written in Wikipedia.

was the entry edited?
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by papatosibe: 12:52am On Mar 13, 2012
Thats Becomrich at work.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 1:06am On Mar 13, 2012
ifyalways: LOL

hahahaha..
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Beaf: 1:24am On Mar 13, 2012
tpia: why did beaf open a thread to abuse ijaw people, and at the same time wants to attack others for posting.

and what about this:

Me, abuse Ijaw people? Are you daft?
I saw an entry in wikipedia, found it funny and posted it. Does that amount to abusing people? I worry deeply about IQ levels on NL.
It is hard to understand why people are so warlike that they cannot simply enjoy a harmless thread.

tpia:
was the entry edited?

Yes, it has now been edited. Now phuck off. angry
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by GAR3TH(m): 1:27am On Mar 13, 2012
LoL Nigerians and self ego, some people need to grow up. Changing information on a website does not change reality.

BTW did you guys know That Yorubas are now 60% Muslim and 30% Christian LMAO.

The guy who changed the info gave a link to some Islamic blog, Hmmm...before it said 50-50 or something like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_people

On a side note I never understood why people post "related ethnic groups" on wikipedia pages even though many are not even related nor do the share history. You can find this in the Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and other tribes wikipedia pages. Some Nigerians sef, trying to form online affiliations smh. For god sake the Hausa page says Christianity is their related group[edited, fixed], while the igbo page says ijaw are their related group and the yoruba say its the bini lol. I bet its people on nairaland who are doing this.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by OneNaira6: 1:50am On Mar 13, 2012
What a mighty jump Ijaw did.

Htajz and Beaf's child are the people behind this grin grin grin grin grin joking
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by bohboh275(m): 1:53am On Mar 13, 2012
The op changed the info i guess some people on here just want attention and they would do anything to get it even if it is posting false info. Here is a picture attachment of what is on wiki.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Seun(m): 1:55am On Mar 13, 2012
bohboh275: The op changed the info i guess some people on here just want attention and they would do anything to get it even if it is posting false info. Here is a picture attachment of what is on wiki.
The OP wasn't lying. Someone fixed the page after it was posted. Check the link up there

1 Like

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Beaf: 1:55am On Mar 13, 2012
^
Thanks Seun.

@bohboh275
I am quite sure that those who posted earlier saw the very same article the OP did. They are not stup!d people.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Werehkpe: 1:58am On Mar 13, 2012
What I know is Ijaw are the 4th largest in Nigeria. But they extend ALL along the coast of Nigeria. From Bayelsa down to Okitipupa in Ondo State. Truly dem many. They may have ONLY 1 state and thats becus they have an extremely low percentage of educated/literate people. Simply say they have been marginalized. BUT THEY PLENTY TRUE TRUE
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by dayokanu(m): 1:58am On Mar 13, 2012
Beaf:

Said by one with the IQ of a toad.

Its a surprise you know what IQ is.

For someone that has IQ in negative integers
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 13, 2012
GAR3TH: On a side note I never understood why people post "related ethnic groups" on wikipedia pages even though many are not even related nor do the share history. I bet its people on nairaland who are doing this.

Yes, must be the handywork of some NLders especially the tribal warlords
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by aljharem(m): 2:01am On Mar 13, 2012
Wereh kpe: What I know is Ijaw are the 4th largest in Nigeria. But they extend ALL along the coast of Nigeria. From Bayelsa down to Okitipupa in Ondo State. Truly dem many. They may have ONLY 1 state and thats becus they have an extremely low percentage of educated/literate people. Simply say they have been marginalized. BUT THEY PLENTY TRUE TRUE

Okitipupa is not even an Ijaw settlement, It is an Ilaje settlement. Arogbo LG is the only Ijaw settlment

Get your facts right,
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by bohboh275(m): 2:05am On Mar 13, 2012
Beaf: ^
Thanks Seun.

@bohboh275
I am quite sure that those who posted earlier saw the very same article the OP did. They are not stup!d people.

Okay ooh then the wiki writer must have been here on NL maybe we can figure him out.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 13, 2012
I guess nowadays ppl just write what is on their mind on Wikipedia without any facts.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by cfours: 2:36am On Mar 13, 2012
Wereh kpe: What I know is Ijaw are the 4th largest in Nigeria. But they extend ALL along the coast of Nigeria. From Bayelsa down to Okitipupa in Ondo State. Truly dem many. They may have ONLY 1 state and thats becus they have an extremely low percentage of educated/literate people. Simply say they have been marginalized. BUT THEY PLENTY TRUE TRUE

Interesting. Good to know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Any Nigerian Man Look Like This Man (Pics Included) / Top 4 Richest Tribes In Nigeria / Igbira Women, What About Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.