Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Talk About Fiji Island - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Talk About Fiji Island (8148 Views)

Let Talk About Scholarships (any country) / Lets Talk About Estonia / Living In Fiji Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talk About Fiji Island by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 13, 2012
Hi Nairalanders,

A friend has been telling me good things about this Fiji. I need your contribution about moving there, just need to explore outside world maybe for few years and come back home.

Is there any Nigerian over there to advise better?
Love your swift responses,

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Talk About Fiji Island by bestdeal2: 6:51pm On Mar 13, 2012
Deleted
Re: Talk About Fiji Island by omega25red(m): 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2012
Fiji is a vacation spot for most rich people around the world. It's what you call an island paradise.The problem with those remote islands is the fact that a foreigner would stick out like a sore thumb. Meaning if jobs are limited you wouldn't get one especially if you are there to hustle. Another thing to know is that most everything has to be imported like milk eggs furniture etc which usually drives up the price of everything.
Anyway that's the little i know im sure you would get more info soon. By the way it's been a dream of mine to vacation on Fiji. If plans work out well in the next few years i might be back to give you full details or even meet you there wink
Re: Talk About Fiji Island by GBASKY: 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2012
Hello, Fiji is a lovely island and it is visa free for Nigerians but you will need transit visa of at least a country for you to get there , this will make it a bit difficult to get there but i know some one who does the migration permit for people ( for students< workers and residence) you can contact them on 07082148850 learn t their permits are far cheaper compared to others but the country is far
Re: Talk About Fiji Island by dasparrow: 7:43pm On Mar 14, 2012
resourse: Hi Nairalanders,

A friend has been telling me good things about this Fiji. I need your contribution about moving there, just need to explore outside world maybe for few years and come back home.

Is there any Nigerian over there to advise better?
Love your swift responses,

Thanks

It is an Island where people vacation. The people there are known as pacific islanders. It is not a place condusive to go and hustle or over stay your tourist visa. Like Omega25red said, you will stick out like a sore thumb. In other words, you will be easily noticed as a black person. Besides, its a small country. Another thing I want to mention is that due to the global econmic recession, many countries all over the world are not having it easy. Gone are the days when other nations' economies were going very well and as such Nigerians or Africans could migrate with hope of greener pastures. Today, unemployment is high all over the world. People are becoming more and more unfriendly and unwelcoming of foreigners living in their countries and sharing the few resources meant for them (locals/citizens) with you (foreigners/migrants).

You have access to the internet so sit down and do your research. All this talk of my friend said this, my family member said that does not work. So many Nigerians are stranded abroad and suffering immense hardship because they packed their bags and left for 'perceived' green pastures that in reality does not necessarily exist. Lastly, if you are thinking of migrating anywhere, make sure you have legal documents such as a work permit or permanent residency permit to work and live in that country. If you don't, you will end up doing menial jobs that will barely be enough for you to live on much less send money home to your family. So be wise. If Chinco, lebanese and Indian can hustle in Nigeria, then how much more you. Goodluck!
Re: Talk About Fiji Island by lambano222: 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2017
PLEASE I NEED HELP. I NEED TO KNOW WHICH FLIGHT WILL TAKE ME FROM NAIJA TO FIJI INSLAND
Re: Talk About Fiji Island by luke55: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2017
[quote author=lambano222 post=54052603]PLEASE I NEED HELP. I NEED TO KNOW if is going to work for to form fiji to Australia or new zealand
Re: Talk About Fiji Island by endro2: 10:44am On Mar 03, 2017
OK
Re: Talk About Fiji Island by akimjoe1988(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2017
Hello Folks.
Please does anyone know whether traveling to Fiji from Nigeria requires a transit visa? I need your assistance pls.
Thanks
Re: Talk About Fiji Island by Rishard(m): 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
lambano222:
PLEASE I NEED HELP. I NEED TO KNOW WHICH FLIGHT WILL TAKE ME FROM NAIJA TO FIJI INSLAND

Hi dear,
Pls go to the airport in Lagos and go to the east wing. Click your heels 4x and say "there's no place like Fiji" then hit your head very hard on the wall. When you open your eyes you will be in Fiji. Hope I helped

(1) (Reply)

Write An Introduction Letter To Uk Embassy / The Most Easiest Visa Country In The World / LASG Announces Traffic Diversion On Epe-Ijebu Ode Highway Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.