Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] (6451 Views)

Happy New Month To Seun And All Nairalanders / An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by bittyend(m): 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2012
[size=16pt]ATTN SEUN: PLEASE PUT ALL WHOLE "BODY" OF THIS NEW WEBSITE INTO A "BIGDIV" - AND DO THE SAME FOR THE COMMENT SECTION, BUT MAKE THE "BORDER" THICKER(SUGGEST 2) - AND THE INTERFACE WILL LOOK BETTER... YOU NEED TO ALSO WORK COLOUR SCHEME AS WELL.[/size]
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by bid4rich(m): 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2012
kemiola89: I just hope the new font colour wont blind my eyes, cos it is already affecting my sight, oga seun i suggest u change the font colour to the old one.

Continue, you wil not go blind. Train your eyes well to see clearer ok!
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by freecocoa(f): 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2012
Truth is the real NL was far better than this one but we just have to bear the loss*crying*

*Seun please change this color theme to the former one or a better one.
*for me i see\have no use for the friend request thingy,tired of requests already,is there any way we can go back to the golden anonymity the site used to have?over familiarity will kill the fun.
*it would be cool if threads can be arranged the old way.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by niddamugu(m): 5:40pm On Mar 13, 2012
ehie007: The old interface still looks better, try no to make a major chage, you can make slight changes little by little.

Sometimes radical changes bring better results.

@Seun, where are the emails notifications? With that I can still be in touch or must I follow before I can get notifications?
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by PurerareGold: 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2012
So I am finally on nl, read almost all ya post for months. Anyways, I just want †☺ say I like killz,mrs chima,freecocoa,sigmudfreud(hope I am correct).
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by sweeteasy(m): 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2012
Personally its alright considering change is the only constant thing in life. I feel the new interface just needs getting used to, anyways there's always room for improvement.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by totorimi: 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2012
The old interface is simple and short. Easy to maneuver through. Lets go back to the old please.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by metrixauto: 6:26pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seun,whats happening this new face of nairaland is so complicated,a site like this must be made simple even for primary school children to operate easily,the older face was very ok and simple pls do something about it,for now i could not post my ad,all i see is that ave posted too many topics please wait,can you pls educate on the posting procedure
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 13, 2012
Visited it for the first time today with a PC, it has a modern but horrible look, ђã†̥ are those horrible bubbles holding each topic? The colours are too much and the colour scheme inappropriately stretched. ℓ̊ thought Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ version ☺n my  was bad but now I'm stunned at Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ PC look. IT'S HORRIBLE! HAW-REE-BUUUUU!!! Gas kiya ni megida.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by dustydee: 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seun, signatures and location add spice to the whole forum.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by NerdyPoet(m): 6:57pm On Mar 13, 2012
I personally think the new nairaland is not that bad...in fact it is ok for a change, and for those shouting about the PC version...I was on a PC yesternight and it looked cool..+ the ads really made it more interesting. IMHO I think we should give him more time to go on with the tweaking and all those computer stuffs...and IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE NEW NAIRALAND...you can kindly de-activate your account cheesy its a free world you know...
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Goodnessy: 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2012
I honestly dont know why people will complain about this new NL. Checking NL on mobile now is so sweet. Its your site and you can do it as you wish even as it is for the benefit of users but they dont know yet. Seun please tweak and make the visualisation more friendly, bring out the best for us.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by coolluk(m): 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2012
U guys should stop making all dis noise about the new interface, assuming zuckerberg masde changes to f.b wud he ask u guys for ur opinions, so u guys shud suck it up or build ur own forum or stay off nairaland. Like say dem beg u b4?
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 13, 2012
wooaahhh!! I think dis New Userface is beta...i'm jst surfing around... I love it
Thumbs up guyz @Seun and d rest....
If u're sayin d old version is beta dan dis pls kindly format ur system or phone n reinstall ur browser maybe its nt loading properly.....
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Lawalemi(m): 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seun, try and remove the time under each thread. It easily gives the impression that certain posts are stale. This may be requested by interested member by mere clicking.
Moreso, try and reduce the colour scheme to two; the coulour rioting is just hurtful to eyes.I.e. Black and blue

1 Like

Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by mistamayor(m): 7:55pm On Mar 13, 2012
I appreciate that the forum has changed from the default template buh that has resulted in lack of clarity in searching through posts..... like really, center aligned post titles in categories How do you expect people to easily find stuff on here?

Dont scare people away o! Ehen

Kinda feels like a mobile version template being displayed on a PC

******just my thot o************

and to the dumb people yarning shit..... abeg either comment or shut up.... ignorance is very srz thing o! even FB gradually transformed and yes they listen to the user to make it better.

moreso this forum is open and freedom of speech applies..... if i say smth offensive the moderator would keep me in check, not some silly ass immature user just typing shit so he can see his name show up in the post on the internet like that's what gonna let you make heaven.....

to all those who have made comments and suggestions, not to worry people will help you too make whatever you are doing better..... thums up jare
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by prettyboi1(m): 7:56pm On Mar 13, 2012
Oh boy eh,see sooooo many people complaining about change? Why don't we like change in this country? Now I see why our country's so under-developed----COS WE NEVER LOVE TO MOVE OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONES. I respect the fact that everyone has an opinion on everything & so if anyone just simply doesn't like the new nairaland interface,I can respect that. Everybody no fit like the same thing but if anyone doesn't like the new nairaland interface simply because according to them "the new nairaland is complicated" "dont fix something if it ain't broke" "the old nairaland was more simple" "I no know why Seun even change this thing" etc all those are flimsy excuses that lazy people give so as to never participate in change. And if you don't participate in change,you never develop. The old nairaland in my own opinion was long due for a change & re-make,that sh!t was played-out & old. THIS NEW NAIRALAND IS AN IMPROVEMENT ON THE OLDER NAIRALAND & WE CAN ONLY HOPE IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER WITH MORE FEATURES,I GUESS THAT'S WHY THIS PARTICULAR THREAD WAS EVEN STARTED SO THAT WE COULD ALL SUGGEST MORE FEATURES TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER. LET'S KEEP MOVING FORWARD & UPGRADING,IMPROVING & UPDATING. CHANGE IS GOOD.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by habayommy: 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seun,whats happening this new face of nairaland is so complicated,a site like this must be made simple even for primary school children to operate easily,the older face was very ok and simple pls do something about it,for now i could not post my ad,all i see is that ave posted too many topics please wait,can you pls educate on the posting procedure

abi oo
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by KINGwax(m): 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2012
Ijogz K: Seun please can you just make it compulsory for people to use their Display Pictures.... This hiding of pix fin no too make sense as Majority of N/L gurls are ugly and Hide under this while disappointing expectant fine boys... angry

If we can see their faces, we would know our boundaries grin
bros u don sick
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by habayommy: 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2012
bid4rich:

Continue, you wil not go blind. Train your eyes well to see clearer ok!

grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by KINGwax(m): 8:02pm On Mar 13, 2012
dadicvila: story story story,he is not taking anything 4rm you,the tribalism is part of what makes Nairaland fun incase u dont know
tell them
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by KINGwax(m): 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
Emeka 7: The former / old Nairaland Forumis far better than this new one. the only benefit is that I have been unbanned by this recent developments. I was banned long ago as Emeka 7 before I came back as Emeka 7. this new Nairaland Forum doesn't look good when compared with the old one.
ban d id¡ot again jare
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2012
Nairaland becomes better when seun stops been tribalistic in choosing mods. as for now he is still beating about the bush.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by 4casta(m): 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2012
First, this is an interactive forum with catchy topics that makes a visitor or member read more and more BUT plzzz Seun the "white background" is killin the eyez I dont stay longer on nairaland like before, the old nairaland had a dim-like background which reduces glare.
Secondly, Seun u cant use 'RED' on nairaland ur signature is 'GREEN' u started with green why change nw pls dont kill the trademark effect. We can tolerate Blue its normal for websites for hyperlink and others.
Thirdly, most nairalanders are mobile users make it more mobile friendly
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by LEXYLOV: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2012
Old nairaland is far better and interesting than this new sad
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Johnsinia(m): 8:18pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seriously i dnt lyk ds new interface bt al d same,more greese 2 ur elbow mr seun
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Roland17(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2012
My only problem with the new look NL is the colour of the font, i thought[b] GREEN[/b] would have been perfect since the site is NAIRALAND and green is one of our national colours, i feel green gave the previous NL some sort of identity and relationship with our dear country...
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by sylve11: 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2012
the previous version is what we called Nairaland, this version is what we call Koboland grin grin grin cool
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by samdigo(m): 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2012
You need to give people the option of deactivating their nairaland account
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Ardedaryor(m): 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2012
Missy_B: 1) Having the topics centered on the page of a section makes the site look more orderly, unlike before. Kudos!
Can you also make posts centered on the pages of a thread, like it was on the old Nairaland - i.e the poster's name appears on the left side of the page with a vertical line to separate ''username space'' from ''comment space''. That way, threads will look more neat and orderly.
As it is now, threads seem to be totally chaotic, posts scattered everywhere, you can hardly notice a post directed at you.

2) Can we have our signatures under our posts like it was on the old Nairaland

3) Can we have the green color back

That's all for now.
SECONHANDED
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Killz3(m): 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2012
Odinaka00: I wª₪Ŧ τ̲̅ȍ become popular on this site, pls kindly work on it k? Tnx ♍Ɣ man seun......more grease τ̲̅ȍ U̶̲̥̅̊Я elbow
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Killz3(m): 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2012
sylve11: the previous version is what we called Nairaland, this version is what we call Koboland grin grin grin cool
Falls from OKADA!!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Make Money $ From Bet365.com / Do You Agree Or Disagree With Euthanasia Or Mercy Killing? / Amazing - And Not So Amazing - Bridges From Around The World..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.