Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! (5657 Views)

Pics: Aunt Cuts Off 3yr Old Nephew's Penis For Entering The Toilet / The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs / My Nephew Has Autism, How Do We Manage It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by lilkech(m): 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2012
My nephew is a drug addict. Is as simple as that to say but hard to comprehend. Let me tell you how he is an addict.

The boy loves to literally EAT drugs . He can grab a packet of paracetamol and chew the whole tablets. Or steal a bottle of syrup (of any type) and down the whole contents.

In my uncles house all the medication are kept on tall locked shelves. But the boy always finds a way or avenue to get to the cabinet and devour the drugs.

There was once a time he ate 5 tablets of lexotan (1.5mg) before my aunt spotted him and he had to be rushed to the hospital for his system to be flushed. We fed him red/palm oil to see if he would vomit the drugs as usual but he didnt that time. The family is worried that his case would get out of hand as we cannot keep guarding medicine like this always because of this child. I dont know why he likes bitter things too much.

Even kolanut is a delicacy to him and he actually prefers licking coffee to milo. Keep trebor peppermint and panadol in front of him and he would waste no time in reaching for the latter, i just tire.

Abeg what can we do to stop the boy from killing himself o . . My. Fellow NL pipo

2 Likes

Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Ultrame(m): 3:37pm On Mar 13, 2012
LMAO
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by sexyglow(f): 3:40pm On Mar 13, 2012
Ask the parents to find out if his chromozone is xyy instead of normal XY.Its very unusual though.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2012
Abami eda. . . . .he must have fela's blood flowing in him.May God save us !
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 13, 2012
OMG, this is kind of funny. "Kola nut is a delicacy to him"-- lmao!!
On a serious note though, he might not necessarily be a drug addict, he could just like the taste of bitter things (the same way most people like the taste of sweet things) but because drugs are the only bitter substances he knows of he resolves to taking them. In order to kill the behavior, try exposing him to other bitter substances that are harmless ( I cannot think of any right now) and those could become his new favorites.
He is still a child and might grow out of the behavior.

I do not think this is a genetic disorder as sexy glow suggests, it is a behavior that can be curbed.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by ndsmartt(m): 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
This baby must be an alien
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by davades(m): 4:12pm On Mar 13, 2012
#funny...he needs procold
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by ifihearam: 4:18pm On Mar 13, 2012
The good thing about that baby is that,he will hardly fall sick but since he likes bitter things so very much then start giving him BITTER LEAF to chew cos its also good for his systerm.

4 Likes

Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Funkymallam(m): 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2012
A friend's son does the same thing here in kano. That boi can even chew B co and keep smiling, a drug that i cant stand its odour.

Since i noticed it, i only allow him take white Vit.C tablets instead of B. Co or paracetamol.

Dnt knw y some kids r like that and this boi is intelligent.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by kayceshow(m): 4:27pm On Mar 13, 2012
Try 2 giv him chloroquin or tetrasiclin. if he can chew that means their is problem

1 Like

Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Funkymallam(m): 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2012
kayceshow: Try 2 giv him chloroquin or tetrasiclin. if he can chew that means their is problem

Whats that one to a child that chews B. Co?
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by koolkamzzy(m): 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2012
two options for you
1 ensure to keep lot of bitter leaf @ home for him grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
2. Take him to TB Joshua for deliverance grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
LWKMFH
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2012
Rotfl. Watchout for this boy. He'd be downing 6 bottles of big stout a night before he even starts growing pubic hair. But for real, something needs to be done before he kills himself with an overdose one of these days. Meanwhile have you tried enticing him with vinegar?
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by DualCore1: 4:56pm On Mar 13, 2012
Lol what's the expression on his face when he's chewing?

On a serious note, Is it not possible to place all drugs in a safe box?
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by ekwynwa: 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2012
wonder baby shocked shocked shocked
buy him cartoons of Swedish Bitters grin
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2012
Funkymallam: A friend's son does the same thing here in kano. That boi can even chew B co and keep smiling, a drug that i cant stand its odour.

Since i noticed it, i only allow him take white Vit.C tablets instead of B. Co or paracetamol.

Dnt knw y some kids r like that and this boi is intelligent.

Yea! Funkyma is right! White vit c tablets are okay!
I hope it doesn't affect his immune system.... sad sad

If he like bitter things..... Pls try Alomo....

1 Like

Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Piyke: 5:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
The solution to this is simple. Keep all drugs out of reach!! I don't think a 3 yr old should outsmart a grown man in hiding things. Children overdosing is common which is why child safety drug bottles where developed.

If it means constructing a box that would have a padlock do that.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by niddamugu(m): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2012
I hope you don't buy "nameless" drugs - i mean the ones the chemist would use his plastic spoon to scoop and sell to you and after purchase, you label them yourself. Otherwise, I don't expect this to be a funny matter at all. Standard drugs (even the ones for children), it is always written on the pack or bottle - "keep out of reach of children". Why is your own different? Or is he showing sign of the future? DO NOT JOKE about this matter.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by greatlee(m): 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2012
anoda fela in the making grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by lilkech(m): 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2012
My pipo we have tried everything. We have seen several doctors and they told us he is normal and just has a queer taste for things.

If he begins to chew panadol extra in front of u ehhn . . . In fact the more you hear the tablets being crunched in his smiling mouth you would be forced to either look away or vomit on his behalf.

He hates using water to take drugs as he loves its taste lingering in his mouth after chewing the tablets, we force him to drink the water afterwards to rinse his mouth. Syrups dont faze him no matter how bitter (chloroquine e.t.c)

He rarely gets sick but has improvised several tactics to get FREE DRUGS by pretending to be sick (head or stomach pains) but the family has sinced wisened up to his antics.

He begs for medicine as a trophy for doing well at home and in school. This behavior started once he learned how to walk.

Its serious to us over here but you all are treating it as a joke.

Chei !!
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by razznaija(f): 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2012
Its called 'Pica' disorder, it could have been caused by iron deficiency. Go to Wikipedia to find out more.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2012
lilkech: My nephew is a drug addict. Is as simple as that to say but hard to comprehend. Let me tell you how he is an addict.

The boy loves to literally EAT drugs . He can grab a packet of paracetamol and chew the whole tablets. Or steal a bottle of syrup (of any type) and down the whole contents.

In my uncles house all the medication are kept on tall locked shelves. But the boy always finds a way or avenue to get to the cabinet and devour the drugs.

There was once a time he ate 5 tablets of lexotan (1.5mg) before my aunt spotted him and he had to be rushed to the hospital for his system to be flushed. We fed him red/palm oil to see if he would vomit the drugs as usual but he didnt that time. The family is worried that his case would get out of hand as we cannot keep guarding medicine like this always because of this child. I dont know why he likes bitter things too much.

Even kolanut is a delicacy to him and he actually prefers licking coffee to milo. Keep trebor peppermint and panadol in front of him and he would waste no time in reaching for the latter, i just tire.

Abeg what can we do to stop the boy from killing himself o . . My. Fellow NL pipo
Its my elder Bro you are describing-when he was a baby. Its one of two things, if the house is democratic, then try as much as possible τ̅☺ explain Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ wrongful act τ̅☺ Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ kid, ☺ƞ the other hand, he should be deallt with military style whenever caught, spanking should do Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ trick.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by martyns303(m): 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2012
Hahahahahahhahahahahah! sorry op i couldnt help it, trust me the kid is fine, jst keep all "medication out of reach". the title of the topic should read "medication" instead of "drug" kinda misleading at first glance.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by lilkech(m): 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2012
We lock up all drugs in the top cabinet on the shelf.

Sometimes we accidentally leave it open and he would get to it by climbing our window buglary. His eyes are always looking at that shelf waiting for a moment to strike.

His dad used to keep the drugs in his clothes wardrobe before but since its in the room and the wardrobe is usually used early in the mornings and at night the parents frequently forget to lock up after themselves (due to work rush at mornings and tiredness at night) and trust the little man to be there to CLEAN UP after them, the worst is that nobody will know he has been raiding the stockpile till we either catch him red handed or he emerges from the room with a 'white trickle' down his mouth.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by chxe: 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2012
try giving him bitter leaf juice, and ground uda(if u know wht i mean)
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Ibangap(m): 6:40pm On Mar 13, 2012
koolkamzzy:
2. Take him to TB Joshua for deliverance grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
LWKMFH
u beat me 2 dat
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 13, 2012
This aint funny. A clear case of psychotic disorder. Maybe OCD or schizophenia. Take that boy to a psychiatrist.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Sijo01(f): 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
Op, he sud b given YOYO BITTERS to drink once in a whil since he luv bitter fin.
Afta takin it, hiz gonna shout Jesus christ is Lord.
If dat stil di nt move him, den somfin is wrong.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by pendo89(f): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2012
funny but dangerous. Its a habit but this is a risky one due to health implications.

I had a cousin that was addicted to bathing soap,another loved body lotion,and it was crazy. Good thing is,as they grew older and understood the dangers they stopped.

I see nothing wrong with the coffee (though its strong for a 3 yr old).I love chewing roasted coffee beans and licking good coffee.I am just addicted to it.

Can u try finding out what his body is craving that instead of eating drugs he can chew children's vitamin tablets till the habit wears off slowly.

Another crzy suggestion. Take one capsule pour out its contents then pour in a little pepper.Watch him chew it. Do the same to a simple tablet just a touch of pepper.
After the wailing has stopped tell him that is how current medicines are made.But do not forget to keep them under lock and key.3 yrs is intro to life stage for kids so dont take risks.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Johnsinia(m): 8:22pm On Mar 13, 2012
Bad 4 him
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by DualCore1: 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2012
Try tongue transplant. Dead pixels in that bro's tongue.
Re: My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! by Outstrip(f): 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2012
So sad that this kid is sorrounded by very irresponsible careless adults. How hard is it to keep dangerous and life threatening substance from a baby. They should be ashamed of themselves. That kids needs to be removed from his parents. They should notbe having chldren

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand New Thermostat Oven For Sale / Most Expensive Condom In The World– Louis Vuitton Condom– Costs N24k For One / Bauchi Discharges 9 COVID-19 Patients Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.