Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

She Keeps Talking About Her Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Keeps Talking About Her Ex (2892 Views)

When You Are Feeling Sleepy But Someone Keeps Talking To You. / She Keeps Sleeping With Me But Not Ready To Be My. Wife / You've Been Spending On Her & She Keeps Coming Along With Her Friend To Visit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by deemayjee: 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2012
[b]My fiancee has this habit of always talking about her ex-boyfriend. i always tell her that i hate it and this guy was part of her past and should remain there. she keeps on apologising but after a few days, she will come up with another "Aliyu would do this" or "Aliyu would have done that" senario again.

recently we have been planning for our wedding. I told her we should go to the marriage registery and we have been planning on that. Normally after the certificate she is to change her name and put the notification of name change in the newspapers. imagine my horror and anger when she mentioned this samee guy again, stating that he would do the name change for her because he works for a particular newspaper. i told her no way, that we will do it in another paper but she refused. this led to an arguement between us and i ended up telling her that im fed up of this her always mentioning her ex. i then told her that i will call off the registery thing until she made up her mind - she should either choose either her ex or me. she was like why should i do such a thing and give her such a shocking statement like that.

she did not talk to me for the next two days, but of late she has been sending me messages, saying she is sorry and that she is ready to change. i ignored her messages for sometime until recently she called and was crying on the phone.

im really not happy about all this cos im not too sure she will change. i hate it when a girl im dating keeps referring to her ex if i do something she does not like.
[/b]
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by starlightRR(m): 2:52pm On Mar 13, 2012
Bro there is something you ain't doing right that's why she keeps mentioning her EX.....its best you delay ur marriage plans cos your GF might cheat on you sooner or later

Is she marrying cos she loves you or because she just want to be refereed to as MRS
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by Seun(m): 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2012
Your relationship seems to be built on a shaky foundation:
- You are insecure and have a kind of inferiority complex, which is why the Ex comments upset you.
- She is not sensitive to your feelings, which is why she keeps comparing you to her Ex.
- You referred to her as "a girl you're dating", even though you are about to get married.
- You postponed your wedding over a petty argument. There will be many more fights if you get married!

I think this relationship is not going to last. Better to break up than to have to get a divorce .
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2012
@op, from all this your complains,i doubt if the two of you can make it as one,cos is obvious she not-so-into-you. hate it or love it,this your relationship is going to continue like this,and if you venture into marriage like this,then you'll be damned
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by Exponental(m): 7:54pm On Mar 13, 2012
Postpone d wedding! U guys shld agree dat if there are changes, u will marry as planned, bt if nt, she shld advertise her vacancy on NL/posters/handbill or media....lol.

I dont want 2 imagine wat u will do if u hear "aliyu" while making love 2 her.

1 Like

Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by zitel(f): 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2012
This girl is playing head games with you. She may not intentionally be doing that, but in the end it’s happening. It is completely unfair on you, not to mention very cruel.

Right now she is being very self fish.

If she still has feelings for this other Arrow, you will never be able to change that no matter what you do or how hard you try to.

If I were you, I’d be breaking it off with her until she can decide who it that she wants.

If she chooses him, let her go. It will hurt very much, but why should you always be second best for someone who doesn’t respect or appreciate you ?

If she chooses you over him, make it absolutely clear that there is to be no more contact with him ever again.

Her relationship with him is toxic to you.

Something will eventually give, so do something about it now so that it doesn’t end badly.

2 Likes

Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by simplebussy: 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2012
hey bro, i wld advise you dont hurry into anything with her. the honest truth is that she is not over Aliyu yet, and is probably still in constant touch with him. Moreover, i wont be surprised if whenever you have issues with her she resorts to Aliyu for advise. So trust me it a decision that can wait b4 you leap into it.
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by Bisjosh(f): 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2012
cry cryPoster ℓ̊ dnt think U̶̲̥̅̊ ve dated dis lady for long cos U̶̲̥̅̊ shld ve noticed dis aliyu stuff way b4 now! Well ℓ̊ pity U̶̲̥̅̊ sha if U̶̲̥̅̊ marry dis kind of lady cos as U̶̲̥̅̊ stated earlier, she stops calling dat name afta few days she resumes with aliyu dis and dat again! ℓ̊ dnt think she can change. She wld pretend to ve changed for now jus for U̶̲̥̅̊ to marry her then if U̶̲̥̅̊ get her angry again na ALIYU. Aah! omase o
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 14, 2012
This soul-tie ish is serious mehn.
It's like she still thinks her ex is her daddy or something. undecided

That's very serious. No ex talks please.
And countering what some other bloke mentioned up there, One doesn't have to be insecure before such a habit becomes profoundly annoying.
I mean just think about your parents sef. How would you yourself feel if your mother is always referring to what her ex-bf does and doesn't do to your father?

Granted she can't "purge" her memory of all the people she has known or been deep with, but there should at least be a mental block of sensitivity that stops her from doing that, unless she's a typical chick that already blabs 10 things before she finished thinking about 1.

So if Aliyu swags in one fateful day and pulls out the "baby I've changed" lyrics and rhetorics, wetin go kon happen? lipsrsealed
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by 195(f): 5:06am On Mar 15, 2012
every one bigger chammpers

like i played with the chambers

sweet licks

wanna make u sea sick
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by NerdyPoet(m): 7:23am On Mar 15, 2012
190_@:
every one bigger chammpers

like i played with the chambers

sweet licks

wanna make u sea sick
Bros, you no well oooo...ah sweaaaarr...
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by eghost247(m): 10:16am On Mar 15, 2012
suggest you put the marriage on hold first girl mentioning her ex all the time she is probably not over him yet though doesn't mean she doesn't love you but put the marriage on hold and try to sort things out
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by honeric01(m): 10:29am On Mar 15, 2012
You're in a deep shit here, i think this lady is GOING to cheat on you sooner or later, why compare your EX with your husband to be? if your EX was so good, why aren't you with him? you are seeing the signs already, it's left for you to see and act.
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by mykejones(m): 10:31am On Mar 15, 2012
Dude,the only reason she's stl 'faithful' 2 u is cus' this said guy has nt appologised or try to make peace with her.
Trust me,if he does,u'l b sharing ur wife-to-be with another bloke.
My honest advice,break off the relatnshp..at least,4d time being.
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by deemayjee: 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2012
thank you all for your responses. the main reason for the registery thing is i hope to soon get an admission to study for my D.Sc in the USA, and i was sent a form to fill out for my I20 processing by the school i applied to. this form contained a part where it stated that i include the name(s) of anyone who will be accompanying me to the US. I had shown her this form and we had stated it came at a right time, especially when we had began plans for the preparation of our wedding. Now that this snag has come up, i told her that we will postpone the registery thing till she sorts her feelings out. i also stated that i will fill the form without her name and until she makes up her mind, i will not include her name on the form. i have since filled it and sent to the school, but i also have the chance to fill another one and re-send should any changes have to be made.
Re: She Keeps Talking About Her Ex by MrsChima(f): 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2012
deemayjee: [b]My fiancee has this habit of always talking about her ex-boyfriend. i always tell her that i hate it and this guy was part of her past and should remain there. she keeps on apologising but after a few days, she will come up with another "Aliyu would do this" or "Aliyu would have done that" senario again.

recently we have been planning for our wedding. I told her we should go to the marriage registery and we have been planning on that. Normally after the certificate she is to change her name and put the notification of name change in the newspapers. imagine my horror and anger when she mentioned this samee guy again, stating that he would do the name change for her because he works for a particular newspaper. i told her no way, that we will do it in another paper but she refused. this led to an arguement between us and i ended up telling her that im fed up of this her always mentioning her ex. i then told her that i will call off the registery thing until she made up her mind - she should either choose either her ex or me. she was like why should i do such a thing and give her such a shocking statement like that.

she did not talk to me for the next two days, but of late she has been sending me messages, saying she is sorry and that she is ready to change. i ignored her messages for sometime until recently she called and was crying on the phone.

im really not happy about all this cos im not too sure she will change. i hate it when a girl im dating keeps referring to her ex if i do something she does not like.
[/b]

Well, it is up to you to stay or go. Do you need the red flag to be printed in your native tongue?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can A Broke Guy Be In A Relationship!!! / Advice From Linda Ikeji To Girls Out There... A Must Read! (PHOTO) / Best First Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.