Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine (17921 Views)

Omotola Looks Stunning In Ebony Event In Hollywood (photos) / Hottie Of The Day: Beyonce's 61 Yr Old Mum Covers 'ebony' Magazine With Jaw-drop / Typical Yoruba Man , Dbanj Disgraces Don Jazzy On Ebony Magazine Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by czay(m): 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2012
D'banj recently had an interview with Ebony Magazine and was asked how he joined Kanye west's G.O.O,D Music, See the excerpts below.

EBONY.com: How did you join Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music label?

D’BANJ: I had a concert in Dubai and when we pulled up to the airport’s first class lounge and a hostess ran up to me with a plaque with Kanye’s face on it, asking me to sign it. I said ‘I’m not Kanye West, I’m D’banj but Kanye West is coming? All eyes open.’ Then my manager spoke to Kanye, came back and told me ‘He’ll give you five minutes.’ I walked over -- as an African man I’m always prepared -- and I played my music ‘Stand Out,’ ‘Fall In Love’ and ‘Scapegoat’ for him on my iPod. Before we knew it, I’d almost missed my flight and he invited me to New York.

Coming from Africa I’m my own manager, I have my own label called Mo’ Hits with my artists Dr. Sid, Wande Coal, Don Jazzy, D’Prince and K-Switch. I own Mo’ Hits and we’ve won numerous awards by the grace of God. Being with Kanye for the last eight months and me leading a successful label in Africa, I’ve learned a lot and I believe people will see what we’re going to do. I signed with Kanye in June and that same month I won the BET Award for Best International Act. My New York concert isn’t done by G.O.O.D. Music, it’s done by Live Nation, meaning I’m already a moving machine. So who better to introduce me to the global world than Kanye West, a crazy genius?
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by nlofficial(m): 10:26pm On Mar 13, 2012
On Sunday (Feb. 19), fans from as far away as Maryland packed into New York City’s Irving Plaza to see D’banj, Nigeria’s biggest Afrobeat star in concert. The self-proclaimed “Kokomaster” hit the stage to screams and even fainting, as one woman sunk to the floor after D’banj touched her hand. Running through his three albums No Long Thing, Rundown Funk U Up and The Entertainer including his international hit “Oliver Twist,” the MC born Dapo Daniel Oyebanjo commanded the stage with waist wines, glittering outfits and jokes about his “Koko,” also known as his manhood.

EBONY.com: How will you break into America’s entertainment scene?

D’BANJ: I’m bringing my culture, my music and preaching the gospel. We’ve been learning from America’s Hollywood scene and other areas in Africa because our continent is developing. We look up to the way you’ve built your industry and we try to do ours in the best that we know. It’s so good to see that Americans appreciate my music so that’s what I’m bringing, just original Africa.

EBONY.com: How did you join Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music label?

D’BANJ: I had a concert in Dubai and when we pulled up to the airport’s first class lounge and a hostess ran up to me with a plaque with Kanye’s face on it, asking me to sign it. I said ‘I’m not Kanye West, I’m D’banj but Kanye West is coming? All eyes open.’ Then my manager spoke to Kanye, came back and told me ‘He’ll give you five minutes.’ I walked over -- as an African man I’m always prepared -- and I played my music ‘Stand Out,’ ‘Fall In Love’ and ‘Scapegoat’ for him on my iPod. Before we knew it, I’d almost missed my flight and he invited me to New York.

Coming from Africa I’m my own manager, I have my own label called Mo’ Hits with my artists Dr. Sid, Wande Coal, Don Jazzy, D’Prince and K-Switch. I own Mo’ Hits and we’ve won numerous awards by the grace of God. Being with Kanye for the last eight months and me leading a successful label in Africa, I’ve learned a lot and I believe people will see what we’re going to do. I signed with Kanye in June and that same month I won the BET Award for Best International Act. My New York concert isn’t done by G.O.O.D. Music, it’s done by Live Nation, meaning I’m already a moving machine. So who better to introduce me to the global world than Kanye West, a crazy genius?

EBONY.com: What is your chemistry like in the studio with West?

D’BANJ: Kanye doesn’t try to change you. He has great ears and great people working with him. I learned the way people do music in America is different, number one, the budget. You don’t have to rush a song, you can take your time. I was glad because I have a studio in my home but I thought I was doing too much. I’ve been working with everyone else on G.O.O.D. Music too and John Legend and I worked together in London recently. It’s been great experience, I just beg people to listen with an open mind.

http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/dbanj-makes-good-music

Dem don dey scatter everything...
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by MissyB3(f): 10:55pm On Mar 13, 2012
D'banj owns Mo'hit? Don Jazzy his artist? For where? shocked
Isn't the reverse the case? issorait! Waiting for Don Jazzy's confutation.
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by Idowuogbo(f): 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2012
Banjo talking rubbish again? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by Mynd44: 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2012
He is probably high on H
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by styles2009: 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2012
the usual brag await your downfall

Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by r231(m): 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2012
that's their headache

1 Like

Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by OAM4J: 11:25pm On Mar 13, 2012
hehehe funny!

lets wait and hear from Don Jazzy
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by obailala(m): 11:25pm On Mar 13, 2012
D'banj has just destroyed the famous Mohits crew with this 'arrogant' statement. Yes, we all know he's the engine behind mohits and there's every indication that his statement must be true but he should have known better. The 'Dbanj' we like is the 'Dbanj' that fronts Don Baba J as his boss and not this impostor

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by gempo(m): 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2012
I guess thats what success and too much money which you didn't expect can cause.
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by ekwynwa: 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2012
obailala: D'banj has just destroyed the famous Mohits crew with this 'arrogant' statement. Yes, we all know he's the engine behind mohits and there's every indication that his statement must be true but he should have known better. The 'Dbanj' we like is the 'Dbanj' that fronts Don Baba J as his boss and not this impostor

Madbanj is an impostor[b][/b] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by ekwynwa: 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2012
deleted
deleted
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by mikuz(m): 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2012
Aftermath of Illuminati

1 Like

Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by tosinaded(m): 11:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
Dbanj"iscariot"

1 Like

Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 13, 2012
He might be the kokomaster and he might own the world but he doesn't own a life.
tell the dude to get married

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by tosinaded(m): 11:40pm On Mar 13, 2012
Its safe to say that GOODluck and GOODmusic has divided Mo'hits

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by makky(f): 11:43pm On Mar 13, 2012
Well behind every rumour/statement, theres alwayp a bit of truth. He may nt own it all, but he may own majority of its shares/assets. If not, why would Don jazzy be planning to unveil his own record label after mo'hits have gone this far? Yeah a big question innit?
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by eklassical(m): 11:47pm On Mar 13, 2012
.so...don jazzy s an artiste!!!**shocked**
..so...dbanj dey feel say im na superstar shey**
.,.cee falling hand...

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by linzzy(f): 11:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
lol
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by eemmason(m): 11:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
Waiting for Jazzy to say something, wonder w@ happened to goatbanj...
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by 3RNEST(m): 11:50pm On Mar 13, 2012
Dbanj is just too proud, let's wait for the DON to speak 1st b4 we take action..
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by eemmason(m): 11:53pm On Mar 13, 2012
eklassical: .so...don jazzy s an artiste!!!**shocked**
..so...dbanj dey feel say im na superstar shey**
.,.cee falling hand...
no be small falling of handoooo...

1 Like

Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by Gorimakpa(m): 11:54pm On Mar 13, 2012
So not even Co-own but. . . . . . . . . . .OWN? And not even artists on our record label but. . . . . .MY artists? Something is seriously wrong somewhere.
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by Ijeawele(m): 11:55pm On Mar 13, 2012
Oya na... As e dey hot. D'banj has made his case known... Am patiently waitin for Don Baba J reply
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by dont8(m): 12:10am On Mar 14, 2012
Impostor of the highest order! Those who the gods 'll kill... I'm Don'Banj, I owned G.O.O.D music, Kanye and Jay are my artist.
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by dayokanu(m): 12:11am On Mar 14, 2012
Its probably true but D'Banj shouldnt have gone public like that

I this case I would camp with Don Jazzy

Na Don Jazzy identify with public during subsidy protest while DBanj was chasing Odechukwu Retardeen Jonathan for contracts
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by ayobase(m): 12:11am On Mar 14, 2012
Thats it!
But what u made u think he hasnt been there since...lounge!

mikuz: Aftermath of Illuminati
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by Esosa01(m): 12:18am On Mar 14, 2012
pride comes before a fall, this could just be d beginning of d'banj's fall from Grace
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by oiseworld: 12:20am On Mar 14, 2012
dbanj ma man. It shouldn't have ended like this now!!! I know say u get talent but don baba nko. Make una settle ohhh.
Re: D'banj Owns Mo' Hits And Don Jazzy Is His Artist - Interview With Ebony Magazine by Tolulop001(f): 12:34am On Mar 14, 2012
shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Disowned My Father - Ramsey Nouah / Toke Makinwa: God Gave Doctors Brain To Enhance Our Bodies / I Have No Business With The Illuminati - Okey Bakassi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.