Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (90706 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
omosuji: please check previous posts .name of shop and address is there.
You will need to activate the pb after purchase, there are these guys who will ask for 15k to do that for you. However if you read through the whole tread , instructions on how to do this has also been posted. Cheers
was at slot same morning,same thing was going for 60k. The koko however is to shine your eyes. Revive at ikeja sell refurbish. Did not ask for their price though. Is pb really selling ? Either here or abroad. Pb share of the tablet market is just 2%. you can actually count the number of shops selling pb in computer village. You go waka small before you see to buy.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by aomom(m): 11:03am On Jun 20, 2012
TCD: there are indications certain android apps might not work with 2.1. Encountered any so far?

see the thing if u update to 2.1 beta without wiping all yur apps will work fine but yur battery will drain fast, if u wipe it sorry most android apps wont work,but your battery will be normal

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
TCD: if you wipe a playbook it takes you through the whole setup process again and it'll ask you to download the latest update. Found that out yesterday when I wiped.

Not saying your PB is refurbished but 52k for a 64gb sounds very enticing that's like $328. Meanwhile RIM retails for $299 on their website. Add shipping costs, customs, profit etc. Abi those people no like profit or maybe coz nobody dey buy they just slashed prices to clear stock. Anyway, the koko of my story, make una shine eye wella before you buy o.
i tire for nija o.it has become the norm for sellers of products to unbox them. My thinking is that unboxing of products should be done by the buyer,that way you can Be sure of the integrity of the the product to some extent.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2012
Download Tons of native playbook apps via this link http://chimen.minus.com/mVr8CppuL/1g
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2012
Hundres of PB native games link, http://chimen.minus.com/m0V0NMiHn/1g
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2012
Playbook Android Games, http://chimen.minus.com/mtzLD0pTc/1g
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2012
Playbook Android Applications.http://chimen.minus.com/mh94vn5q7/1g
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2012
aomom:

see the thing if u update to 2.1 beta without wiping all yur apps will work fine but yur battery will drain fast, if u wipe it sorry most android apps wont work,but your battery will be normal
my experience, i upgraded to 2.1 beta my android apps worked well but when i tried to sideload new ones while on os 2.1 beta, didnt work . The apps sideloaded but wouldnt launch. also my browser flash had issues, youtube videos weren't playing well. So i wiped, downgraded back to 2.0.1.358, sideloaded all my android apps, then uograded to 2.1 beta again, evrything now works even when i sideload android apps on the beta they run perfectly. My battery has no issues too.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by sandraa(f): 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2012
Please how do I upgrade to 7.1 os for my touch 2 and also to 2.1 for my playbook? This joining d guys in gadget league is becoming exhausting!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
Thanks TCD for all the links. Does swarm and playtorrent work?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:36am On Jun 21, 2012
sandraa: Please how do I upgrade to 7.1 os for my touch 2 and also to 2.1 for my playbook? This joining d guys in gadget league is becoming exhausting!
do you have a good wifi connection available?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:38am On Jun 21, 2012
omosuji: Thanks TCD for all the links. Does swarm and playtorrent work?
yes, but doesn't work with bridge, You need Wifi.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by sandraa(f): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2012
Read that the new 2.1 beta is mostly for developers.

please what are the new features and why is it necessary to update to 2.1 beta if am not a developer?

and please geeks can someone tell me how i can register my id on my playbook cos it keeps telling me i need wife connection.

am guessing some of u guys aint veing dis problem.

also my emails not yet working on playbook yet also cant open app world.

i use mtn bbc monthly (perhaps dats d issue am not sure)
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2012
TCD: this is so bad, I don't trust all these naija stores, decided to pre-order mine from Canada. At least I'm sure of what I'm buying. I agree you should look to buying a new one, this has gone on long enough.
abeg, how did you go about the pre-ordering from canada?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by sandraa(f): 11:38am On Jun 21, 2012
TCD: do you have a good wifi connection available?
No i use starcomms on my laptop.
mtn for bis though am on bbc monthly. (d one for 1500 a month)
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
sandraa:
No[b] i use starcomms on my laptop[/b].
mtn for bis though am on bbc monthly. (d one for 1500 a month)

why dont u create a wifi connection using via ur pc using ur starcomms?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
sandraa: Read that the new 2.1 beta is mostly for developers.

please what are the new features and why is it necessary to update to 2.1 beta if am not a developer?

and please geeks can someone tell me how i can register my id on my playbook cos it keeps telling me i need wife connection.

Yes the os 2.1 beta is mainly for developers to test their apps as well as test the general functionality of the OS any problems is reported and RIM can make final changes before it's officially released to everybody.

The e functionality of the OS 2.1, the most obvious would be android applications able to run on separate windows, it brings true multitasking for Android apps. Other changes are subtle as in improved browser performance etc. And No it isn't necessary to update. RIM will release the official version as soon as beta testing is over and they make necessary tweaks. So you can wait till then. Busybodies like me were just itching to try it out

Now, you need a wifi connection to register your BlackBerry ID, can't be done through blackberry bridge. So also app world, you need a wifi connection to access app world. For directions on how to turn your our starcomms modem Internet to WIFI accessible by the playbook, scroll a few pages back.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
dan_dollar: abeg, how did you go about the pre-ordering from canada?

Got it here on nairaland from this cool guy..... https://www.nairaland.com/933290/32gb-blackberry-playbook-pre-ordered-tcd/2
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by aomom(m): 7:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
sandraa: Read that the new 2.1 beta is mostly for developers.

Download connectify me it can turn your starcomss to a hotspot hope your pc is windows 7, u can also try virtual router, juss Google it
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by aomom(m): 12:39am On Jun 22, 2012
TCD: my experience, i upgraded to 2.1 beta my android apps worked well but when i tried to sideload new ones while on os 2.1 beta, didnt work . The apps sideloaded but wouldnt launch. also my browser flash had issues, youtube videos weren't playing well. So i wiped, downgraded back to 2.0.1.358, sideloaded all my android apps, then uograded to 2.1 beta again, evrything now works even when i sideload android apps on the beta they run perfectly. My battery has no issues too.

cant find 2.0.1.358 files to download, u used dingberry?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by aomom(m): 12:54am On Jun 22, 2012
TCD: Has anyone tried using the hotspot feature on os7.1 devices to update or setup their playbooks? Should be worth a shot.

this is what i use on mtn
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:20am On Jun 22, 2012
aomom:

cant find 2.0.1.358 files to download, u used dingberry?

Here it is, http://minus.com/lbrBwbeZP8DmY2
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 11:17am On Jun 22, 2012
aomom:

this is what i use on mtn
did you have to get additional data or it works with your BIS?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by mikoa: 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2012
Just downloaded the O.S but how can we use dis dingleberry to update d OS of a new bb playbook.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2012
mikoa: Just downloaded the O.S but how can we use dis dingleberry to update d OS of a new bb playbook.
A new playbook? C'est ne pas possibles. Dingleberry requires development mode be on just like ddpb. A new playbook you cannot set development mode except you have completed the set up process. So if you want update a new playbook use any of the several methods enumerated before not dingle.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by mikoa: 7:47pm On Jun 22, 2012
TCD:
A new playbook? C'est ne pas possibles. Dingleberry requires development mode be on just like ddpb. A new playbook you cannot set development mode except you have completed the set up process. So if you want update a new playbook use any of the several methods enumerated before not dingle.
Did u see my message. Did u change ur bb name from tea. Or maybe u should give me ur pin let me readd u.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Niiade(m): 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
Lovely thread

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by aomom(m): 4:02am On Jun 23, 2012
TCD:

page doesnt exist or its has expired o
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:41am On Jun 23, 2012
mikoa:
Did u see my message. Did u change ur bb name from tea. Or maybe u should give me ur pin let me readd u.
No didnt see any message. My phone is unavailable, sent it for repairs.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by aomom(m): 8:22am On Jun 23, 2012
TCD:

please can u paste a working link it worked last night buh am in UI network is terrible here and now its ok, alto am going to lagos wana use my vgc hyconnect to download it another thing which dowgrade method did u use on your playbook?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by aomom(m): 8:24am On Jun 23, 2012
if u really wana enjoy your playbook use with with bold 5!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (66) (Reply)

Boys Wearing Slippers, Tee Shirt And Short Nika With Iphone 11,12,13. / 15 Technically Possible But Awful Ways To Charge Your Phone Without Electricity / Step By Step: How To Get A Free USA Phone Number From Google Voice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.