Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? (3003 Views)

Your Top 3 Tv Series For 2014 / Saga(a Paranormal Thriller Feature Nigerian Film) / X-files, The L Word And 90210 Tv Show Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2012
We both know x-files and fringe are one of the most viewed paranormal tv-series..which is/was more crazy and intresting to watch..watz ur take...??me stay glue to FRINGE THOU
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kunlefox(m): 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2012
I agree fringe is really good and it got an amazing cast ensemble...But i'll take X-files over fringe anyday,X-files was fuckin good..
This comparison is like Saying which is better Buffy,The vampire slayer or The vampire diaries which we all know Buffy was and is better...
I really like fringe but i'll take x-files

1 Like

Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
@kunle_fox xfiles and buffy are two series which are too serious..adding fun is wat is making vampire diaries is among the top ten most viewed tv-series now...which also go wid fringe
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kunlefox(m): 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2012
I agree TVD and fringe are good coz i watch them too...okay tho i'm some ep off fringe...i just think i'll take X-files over fringe anyday and btw Anna torv is an amazing actress playing olivia and the Alt-ego of Olivia very well
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by JeSoul(f): 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2012
Love both series.

The X-Files is in the hall of fame and it will take an amazing series to overtake its level.

Fringe started off really good and subsequent seasons have shown promise but I have grown less and less patient with the writers. They are screwing up what could've been an amazing storyline. There are less 'cliffhangers' now than before and more 'filler-episodes' to buy time before getting into the meat of the series. Plus they introduced (a while ago now) a few threads/stories that they never followed up on... loose ends.

Can't say anything bad about the cast though - they are great! From Olivia to crazy Walter to quirky Astrid to dashing Broyles and loveable Peter. The acting is top notch and I think is a major reason the show still has many loyal followers. But they must pick up the slack quick & soon or else Fringe may soon be cut sad.
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 12:16am On Mar 17, 2012
JeSoul: Love both series.

The X-Files is in the hall of fame and it will take an amazing series to overtake its level.

Fringe started off really good and subsequent seasons have shown promise but I have grown less and less patient with the writers. They are screwing up what could've been an amazing storyline. There are less 'cliffhangers' now than before and more 'filler-episodes' to buy time before getting into the meat of the series. Plus they introduced (a while ago now) a few threads/stories that they never followed up on... loose ends.

Can't say anything bad about the cast though - they are great! From Olivia to crazy Walter to quirky Astrid to dashing Broyles and loveable Peter. The acting is top notch and I think is a major reason the show still has many loyal followers. But they must pick up the slack quick & soon or else Fringe may soon be cut sad.
true talk on dat abouh them going off Bar and x-filez being on a league of itz own,buh Fringe itz getting back on track(season4)...fringe is trying to modernize x-files(paranormal activities)..and it takez alot unto the series(x-files) they try to build upon waz in a world of Itz own...NB:FOX wanna treat Fringe lyk 24..(cuz itz their main xport for now)so it will take alot to just cut 'em off
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 12:29am On Mar 17, 2012
kunle fox: I agree TVD and fringe are good coz i watch them too...okay tho i'm some ep off fringe...i just think i'll take X-files over fringe anyday and btw Anna torv is an amazing actress playing olivia and the Alt-ego of Olivia very well
yeah OLIVIA iz killing...s04e14 showz a kind determine actress she is..just checked their rating of imdb and x-files cumz ontop wid 8.8/10 to 8.5/10 of fringe(buh it still running)..so we see as it ends
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kunlefox(m): 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2012
@kingsilly, you said fringe is fox major show or export and they can't cut it of...i hope you know fringe was renewed for a season4 at the last minute...It's a very good show and true the writing has been inconsistent lately...and even i hope you to know that ratings are what determine the fate of shows,how good it is only help pull viewers and that even depends on the timeslot and the competition in that slot from other networks...
Fringe is still good but again X-files is cult

1 Like

Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2012
x-files has been rested right?
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by SisiKill1: 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2012
kingsilly: We both know x-files and fringe are one of the most viewed paranormal tv-series..which is/was more crazy and intresting to watch..watz ur take...??me stay glue to FRINGE THOU

Haba! How is this even a question?!! X-FILES reigned and will always reigns supreme.

All other Sci-fi shows owe their existence to X-Files.

Please, tell me you don't think of the X-Files when you see people holding their torches?

Tell me X-Files does not jump to mind when you see people in long overcoats running through headstones!

Don't tell me X-Files isn't the first thing that crosses your mind when you hear the words CONS-PI-RACY!!!!

Tell me your goddamn skin does crawl with anticipation when you hear this...

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZBgHBHQT8?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

So many shows have tried to reacreate the MULDER and SCULLY chemistry. . .sadly, these imitations fall short.

Every Sci-Fi fan ought to bow down and worship at the alter of THE X-FILES because it is the Alpha and Omega of all Sci-Fi shows.

All born agains, hold your peace. . .I ain't blaspheming. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 12:13am On Mar 21, 2012
grin
diluminati: x-files has been rested right?
;Dyeah..since 2002 i guess
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 12:52am On Mar 21, 2012
grin grin grin@SiSi_kill i see uve done ur hmework well..i will take Fringe ova X-files cuz
The mysteries seem more
solvable. Of course, there are
unanswered questions at the
end of every episode. But they’re
not too stupid to beggar belief.
The characters don’t take
themselves too seriously. There’s
Agent Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv),
who heads up the investigations.
Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson), the wise-
cracking slack genius who helps
her by taking care of his father,
Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble),
who is completely insane. I mean
really, Mulder did all that pouting
and screaming and what did it
get him? Nothing.
is worth watching just for
Noble. His characterization of
Bishop, the mad scientist at the
heart of the show, is at turns
brilliant, exasperating, hysterical
and tragic. It’s the best of The X-
Files in one man.
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by SisiKill1: 1:31am On Mar 21, 2012
Sex kills? Hmmm. . .I don't know about that but that's a story for another day. wink

Dude. . .I watch fringe, I like fringe but there is no denying majority of the episodes have their roots in the X-Files. Show me an episode of Fringe and I'll show you what episode of the X-Files it is based on. Fringe people can't even say with a straight face they don't owe The X Files. . .heck the show paid homage to The X-Files on their second season premier.

In short. . .Respect is da word. cheesy cheesy

Another show that always pays homage to X-Files is Supernatural. . .they don't even make any bones that they consider X-FILES their grand dadddy. You can also add Bones. . .the TV show to the list of Homage payers.

1 Like

Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 2:07am On Mar 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Sex kills? Hmmm. . .I don't know about that but that's a story for another day. wink

Dude. . .I watch fringe, I like fringe but there is no denying majority of the episodes have their roots in the X-Files. Show me an episode of Fringe and I'll show you what episode of the X-Files it is based on. Fringe people can't even say with a straight face they don't owe The X Files. . .heck the show paid homage to The X-Files on their second season premier.

In short. . .Respect is da word. cheesy cheesy

Another show that always pays homage to X-Files is Supernatural. . .they don't even make any bones that they consider X-FILES their grand dadddy. You can also add Bones. . .the TV show to the list of Homage payers.
POST MODIFIED.nahh..u were saying u going to give me any episode of fringe dat waz adapted 4rm ur darling x-files ryt?
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by SisiKill1: 2:12am On Mar 21, 2012
I don't understand your post oh. . .and it's not you, it is me. cheesy
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 2:19am On Mar 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I don't understand your post oh. . .and it's not you, it is me. cheesy
read above now..b4 dat any episode they both shared were more xplained on fringe to x-filez..want proof?get a handfull..lol
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by SisiKill1: 2:24am On Mar 21, 2012
Ah! I see! cheesy cheesy

I'm inviting YOU to mention any episode and I will show you its X-Files roots. I'm inviting you because I don't want you to think me selective.
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 2:38am On Mar 21, 2012
I need u not to locate the x-files i do dat buh who xplain it more is wat am out for.

Rapid Aging
Fringe: Episode 1.02 – “The
Same Old Story”
The X-Files: Episode 2.19 – “DØd
Kalm”
The Plot:Anyway, both
episodes deal with premature,
rapid aging. On Fringe, that
meant a woman gets pregnant,
and mere hours later, gives birth
to a baby who immediately
grows old and dies. On The X-
Files, a Navy ship in the
Norwegian Sea is suffering from
premature aging, as the whole
crew quickly grows old, and yes,
dies.
The Explanation: Here’s where
the two shows differ. On Fringe,
it’s a killer who steals people’s
pituitary glands to keep his own
rapid aging in check. On The X-
Files, there’s a high level of free
radicals in the sea water. Yeah,
we didn’t buy that, either.
The Verdict: Fringe wins this
one, just for having a slightly less
stupid explanation.
Fringe: Episode 1.03 – “The Ghost Network”
The X-Files: I Want To Believe
The Plot: On Fringe, a deeply
religious man thinks the Devil is
sending him visions of horrible
events, right before they happen.
In the second..X-
Files movie, a pedophile priest
thinks God is sending him visions
of horrible events, long after they
happened.
The Explanation: Turns out, the
dude on Fringe was just picking
up radio signals from science
terrorists, after Walter Bishop
messed with his brain years ago.
Over in Mulder and Scully land,
the priest is having visions
because he’s linked to a severed
head or something.
The Verdict: Man, that X-Files
movie was just no good. Fringe
wins.
Ancient Ice Worms
Fringe: Episode 2.12 – “What
Lies Below”
The X-Files: Episode 1.07 –
“Ice”
The Plot: On Fringe, oil drillers
accidentally unearth an ancient
parasitic ice worm that can
control people’s minds, forcing
them to spread by exploding a
blood mist everywhere. On The X-
Files, basically the same thing
happens, minus the blood mist.
The Explanation: I mean...
ancient parasitic worms? No
twists here.
The Verdict: Though both
episodes are very good, “Ice” is
one of the best X-Files hours
ever, perfectly channeling – but
not ripping off –
Fringe: Episode 1.10 – “Safe”
The X-Files: Episode 6.17 –
“Trevor”
The Plot: Over in Fringe-ville, a
bank robbery goes down
without setting off any alarms or
opening any doors. In X-Files-
land, a man escapes from jail,
somehow, slips his cuffs later
and bullets seem to pass through
him. In both cases, the crime is
discovered when a body is left,
split completely in half.
The Explanation: The Fringe
squad discovers the robbers are
able to move through walls by
using a high frequency vibration.
Mulder and Scully, on the other
hand, think it has something to
do with a magical tornado.
The Verdict: Magical tornado?
Fringe wins this round.
Inbreeding
Fringe: Episode 2.02 – “Night of
Desirable Objects”/Episode 2.11
– “Johari Window”
The X-Files: Episode 4.3 –
“Home”
The Plot: We’ll just come out and
say it: the two Fringe eps are
basically the one X-Files ep split in
two. In The X-Files, our team
discovers a horribly mutated
child, and after investigating a
mysterious house, uncover a
whole family of inbred people.
On Fringe, a horribly mutated
child is found (“Johari Window”);
in “Night of Desirable Objects,”
they investigate a mysterious
house, discovering a whole
family of inbred people. The latter
episode even includes visual
shout outs to the seminal X-Files
episode.
The Explanation: I mean,
inbreeding for “Home” and
“Night of Desirable Objects.”
“Johari Window” creates a twist:
the whole town is mutated by
radiation, but is using a radio
signal to mask their appearance.
The Verdict:YOU CHOOSE
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by SisiKill1: 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2012
I swear, I don't understand your post and I've had my morning coffee. . . okay, I don't drink coffee but I've inhaled the required amount this morning, so I know or at least I hope the brain cells are charged.
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I swear, I don't understand your post and I've had my morning coffee. . . okay, I don't drink coffee but I've inhaled the required amount this morning, so I know or at least I hope the brain cells are charged.
u must have woken up on the wrong syd of the Bed..GO to Bed maybe ur brain cellz will do some damage to ma post wen u wake up.lol
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by kingsilly(m): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2012
^^post modified...ma eyez werent helping situation as at the tym it waz posted..and the above post are episode they both shared buh hapen to be dat Fringe gave it an elaborate xplanation..FRINGE NONI
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by SisiKill1: 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2012
kingsilly:
u must have woken up on the wrong syd of the Bed..GO to Bed maybe ur brain cellz will do some damage to ma post wen u wake up.lol

You are no fun jo, someone has to crack their head trying to make sense of your posts. . .who has time for that? >:

My message still remains though. . .The X-FILES rulzzzz grin grin grin

Dude.. .you are soooo rubbing off on me, see how I spelled rules. cheesy

I don't wanna be a meanie
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by Nobody: 4:40am On Apr 22, 2013
@ Kingsilly, please Inbox me upgradedcars@gmail.com
Re: Frings vs X-Files: Which Paranormal TV Series Rocks? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
boss

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between 3D And Animation Cartoon? / Desperate Housewives. / Breaking!!! Trailer of Tunde Kelani's History Making new Film Maami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.