Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? (8883 Views)

I Stormed His Wedding & Made Him Cry After He Broke My Heart / Why Should A Grown Man Wear This ??? / Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend Of 11 Years 24 Hours To His Wedding To Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by IRAPADA(m): 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2012
I want to know whether it's mandatory for a man to buy a new suit for his wedding. What if he has several suits in his closet and he just picks one and wears it on that day?

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by afrobaby(f): 3:00pm On Mar 15, 2012
Really, dia is no law that states it is compulsory, if the groom has a lot of suit, he can use one of them on his wedding day, but come to think of it, it's my wedding day, you don't do it twice, if one has the cash, why not buy a new one, I remember my brother's wife telling me to buy new underwear for my husband for our wedding, it's our day, we should feel new and appear new, I guess that is just the essence/reason behind wearing new suit and gown on wedding day, lol

6 Likes

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by slimyem: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2012
afrobaby said it all already.
there are no rules against wearing an old suit.the idea is to feel new that day.
its your choice o jare! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by honeric01(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2012
Why even wear suit? why?

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by jaybee3(m): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2012
If money ain't the issue then it's advisable to pop that tag on ya wedding day

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by Ema11bmw(m): 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2012
Is a must. If u don't hav u hav 2 borrow or buy b'cos d way u present urself matters alot.how will it be if u wear a dety rag to a public place e.g we different senator,gov and parastatas are,u will feel ashamed.that is while u need to present urself in a normal way. Moreover,d way u dress is d way u we be addressed

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by kristiansmart: 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2012
there are no rules against wearing an old suit.the idea is to feel new that day.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2012
Why even wear suit? why?

My man, wearing suit is not compulsory. You can adore urself in a beautiful African attire.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by Odinaka00(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2012
He has τ̲̅ȍ buy new suit ªŋd a new suit for his best man, he also has τ̲̅ȍ buy new car, new house, new dick, infact everything has τ̲̅ȍ be new

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by niddamugu(m): 4:03pm On Mar 15, 2012
There is no law supporting that but you MUST wear everything new because it is a day that does not come twice in a man's lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by honeric01(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2012
obasy09:

My man, wearing suit is not compulsory. You can adore urself in a beautiful African attire.

My mind exactly, wearing African attire on my wedding day, someone should bookmark this.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by lightheart(m): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2012
Should he bath with hot water or cold water??
should dey also buy new toothpaste on dat day too??
ALL NA IN D SPIRIT OF FEELING ANEW ABI??

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by 4ward(m): 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2012
O guy abeg no mind them u can get a loan a buy d suit afterall na u go first do wedding for ur Area den after u go settle d gbese. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by Okontami: 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2012
My Guy he be like say u smoke Igbo. See, ignorance is a bad thing , Let me tell you my story.

Before i got married, i was of the opinion that buying new clothes is a waste of resources. I did not listen to what any other person had to say until my Dad called me and forced me to get those clothes , in fact he took the natives to the tailor and My Brother did other shopping for me. When their stress was much, i went ahead and bought a nice suit. 1 month after the wedding, after looking thru the album, which was in 2 batches, you wont believe that i dont show my friends the second album cos it is not decent at all as the clothes were not really cool, but the first album contains the picture where i was looking glamorous. Therefore, Mr downward thinker, you better throw your rubbish thoughts and nonesense principles into the trash and buy good clothes and look nice that day. Its only one day and the pictures live for ever. Guys will snap you with their phones and camcoders, Picture no dey lie my guy.

4 Likes

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by freecocoa(f): 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2012
My cousin's hubby wore one of his numerous suits on his wedding day,we only knew about it cos my cousin brought the issue to my dad before the wedding,she wanted my dad to talk her then fiancé into buying a suit but my dad told her to let him be,they wedded and i don't remember anyone saying anything about the suit. Btw he's a banker so we weren't surprised.smiley

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by ACM10: 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2012
IRAPADA: I want to know whether it's mandatory for a man to buy a new suit for his wedding. What if he has several suits in his closet and he just picks one and wears it on that day?

You fit wear agbada if u like.

Dumb thread!

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by lifestyle1(m): 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2012
NO, Its not mandatory!

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by kemisuga(f): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
Dont think it is very compulsory.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by Bisjosh(f): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2012
No its nt a must bt if d old suit is still as G̶̲̥̅ud as new......then ur G̶̲̥̅ud to go

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by atasteve: 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2012
No it is not. Nobody will not even know if you do provided it is well dry cleaned. As much money as possible should be reserved for life after the ceremony.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2012
A GUCCI SUIT ON MY WEDDING DAY WOULDN'T BE A BAD IDEA cool

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by ronkebp(f): 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2012
poster, just say it has to do with financial issues, and there is nothing wrong if it actually is, you can wear as many old suits as you would like....

it just feels good to wear something new, like a suit on ONE'S wedding day!!!! undecidedsmiley

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by IRAPADA(m): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2012
ronkebp: poster, just say it has to do with financial issues, and there is nothing wrong if it actually is, you can wear as many old suits as you would like....

it just feels good to wear something new, like a suit on ONE'S wedding day!!!! undecidedsmiley
im just asking nt because financial implication of geting new 1

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by FrenchyL(m): 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2012
I honestly think you should put on a new suit on that day. These days getting a good suit is no longer expensive. Look good because it will make you feel good about yourself and thereby boost your self-confidence. I wish you the best in your marriage.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by Rhymez(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2012
If d old one still looks fly, why not?

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2012
It isn't compulsory. In fact, the bride may not even wear a gown..... wink

3 Likes

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by otokx(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2012
^^^ see groove

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by saska1122: 6:09pm On Mar 15, 2012
This is what is keeping us backward. We over-do things we see others do.
White wedding is another person's culture(Western Culture). They sold the idea
to us when they brought Christianity and formal education. In the western world,
most grooms just use their old suite even when they have access to buy anything on credit.

Nearly everyone responding here is arguing how lovely/newly it is to to use new suite.
My question is: How does this contribute to the QUALITY of the marriage? Why must we do
things to please others or feel among without thing what value that thing adds to your life.

Most wives have sent their husbands to early graves because they won't 'rent' a gown. After
buying a 75-150K gown, and using it just within 4hours, after all 'it's my day', what happen
to the economy of your new home.

Have you ever thought of people who don't have 'okrika' to wear? Sorry, I forgot the world is
all about U." Me, mine, my own!!!!" Typical!!

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by nkemmu(f): 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2012
moroh: It isn't compulsory. In fact, the bride may not even wear a gown..... wink
this is reaaaalll funny.nice one

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by blank(f): 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
U no see their pikin as little bride? Na why dem no do big celebration. See how old the girl is that will give u an indication of how long they have been having wedding plans.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? by nkemmu(f): 6:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
Well,i see nothing wrong with getting a new suit for your wedding.since your are embarking on a new phase of your life,buying a new suit is stil in the spirit of the new evry evry.the mind set that evryfin is new gives this feeling of old things have passed away am now a new creaturewink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Hate Been Looked On As A Sex Object! / Dear Virgins; Nobody Cares About Your Virginity. / I Was Watching This Naughty Thing, Then This Happened +18 [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.