Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education (4034 Views)

Almajiri pupils taking Lessons on a drainage in Northern Nigeria(photo) / Fg Budget N950m For 3 Classroom N600m For Almajiri Education / President Jonathan Commissions 64 Almajiri Model Schools Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by supereagle(m): 5:15am On Mar 16, 2012
Nigeria, Islamic Bank Sign $98m For Almajiri Education

The Federal Government and Islamic Development Bank, IDB, yesterday, signed $98 million bilingual education deal to help the country educate the Almajiri.

The bilingual agreement was signed during the opening ceremony of the maiden edition of a two-day workshop of IDB-Nigeria Business Forum in Abuja.

IDB President, Dr. Ahmad Al-Madani, said the $98 million support was to assist the nation bridge the gap between formal and informal education for the Almajari in the country.

He said: “I am happy to inform you that the Board of Executive Directors of the Bank has recently approved US$98 million to implement the Bilingual education programme in Nigeria.

”The IDB Bilingual education programme will support government policy to integrate and modernise Almajari and Tsangaya schools.

Amplifying the positions of the IDB president, Nigeria’s Vice-President, Namadi Sambo, noted that the country had to reach out to institutions that could assist it achieve its transformation agenda.

He said: “Permit me to say that in our quest for development, it has become imperative to spread our reach, collaborate and strategise with development partners around the world.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/nigeria-islamic-bank-sign-98m-for-almajiri-education/
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by OAM4J: 5:20am On Mar 16, 2012
Very good! Lets get them off the streets into classrooms.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2012
So we now know d bankers to the terrorist
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by BBDelta(m): 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2012
WHERE IS AYO ORISEJAFOR CAN YOU PLEASE FOLLOW SUIT AND APPROVE SOME MONEY FOR THE AREA BOYZZZ IN WARRI AT LEAST YOU STILL HAVE A BANK, ABI NO BE EAGLE FLIGHT'S YOU CALL AM.. THE EAGLE NO FIT FLY AGAIN... ISLAMIZE NIGERIA.. MY FOOT... RELIGIOUS PEOPLE...AM A MAN WHO BELIEVES IN JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR, BUT I MUST GIVE A TUMBS UP TO THIS ISLAMIC BANK BOARD OF DIRECTORS.............. GOOD MOVE.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by BBDelta(m): 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2012
ogbeche77: So we now know d bankers to the terrorist

May God help you and be POSITIVE in you style of thinking.........
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Standing5(m): 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2012
OAM4J: Very good! Lets get them off the streets into classrooms.
At the expense of other ppl's well being. Is this suppose to be a form of Amnesty for Almajiris or what exactly The bitter truth is anything acquired for free will never be valued by these folks as they really don't need much education to farm or earn a decent living. All these money spending spree from our govt to Mend and almajiris may not augur well the country for in the long run. The State governors are suppose to handle these things.

2 Likes

Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Johnsinia(m): 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2012
Na ds kind tin fg dey quick approve.if toi say na christain nw dey go disapprove am.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by free2ryhme: 2:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
BBDelta: WHERE IS AYO ORISEJAFOR CAN YOU PLEASE FOLLOW SUIT AND APPROVE SOME MONEY FOR THE AREA BOYZZZ IN WARRI AT LEAST YOU STILL HAVE A BANK, ABI NO BE EAGLE FLIGHT'S YOU CALL AM.. THE EAGLE NO FIT FLY AGAIN... ISLAMIZE NIGERIA.. MY FOOT... RELIGIOUS PEOPLE...AM A MAN WHO BELIEVES IN JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR, BUT I MUST GIVE A TUMBS UP TO THIS ISLAMIC BANK BOARD OF DIRECTORS.............. GOOD MOVE.

you seems not to understand the politics of grants and aids. The are only wetting the ground they will walk on to islamize and set up an Islamic bank to fund terrorism and eliminate every other religious associations in nigeria. Naija be wise ooo angry angry angry
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Basic(m): 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2012
free2ryhme:

you seems not to understand the politics of grants and aids. The are only wetting the ground they will walk on to islamize and set up an Islamic bank to fund terrorism and eliminate every other religious associations in nigeria. Naija be wise ooo angry angry angry

Mr Soothsayer, is that all you saw in your dreams?
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by achi4u(m): 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2012
good move!!!,hope boko haram will allow this project to come to reality because of all this their series of bombing in most of the schools across that part.
'but did this almajiris really need to go to school?what are their parents doing right nown?how far will they go in schooling cos most of them were cutoff from their parents and families.so with all this deafining questions above,one can see that all this money will end up in some peoples private pocked'.

'again CBN should beam their searchlight to other regions in other to find their own prob and allocate money for it.'

'
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by gegee(m): 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2012
i hope dem go even agree to siddon learn sef

1 Like

Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by nasty45(m): 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2012
Since they cant win the 13 % derivation battle,nw de want to use ds medium to collect money.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by LagosShia: 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2012
I thank Almighty Allah that the Muslims are finally waking up to reality and not forsake their muslim brothers in nigeria to the christian missionaries and billionaire pastors leading the way to destruction in this world and in the Hereafter.

I hope this sum would be spent wisely to impact on the lives of those kids up north.i hope to see them in good schooling environment,with sound minds and healthy looking and not with flies licking their faces.

I also hope the corrupt politicians and money embezzlers would fear God for once.they should know that this money is meant to better the country and improve the lives of children living like livestock.this money isn't for holidaying or partying and not for stuffing their deep pockets.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Beaf1: 2:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ ogbeche77
STFU

What do you call FG when ND militants were flown abroad for training?
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by guysmat(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
As the elders would say, "You may for a camel to the stream, but you can't force it to drink."
It's better than nothing sha. One or two camels might get thirsty and drink. Convincing the other 14,999,998 camels to drink is where "problem" has decided to set up camp.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by nasty45(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
Naija don forget say alimajiri de quaran?na dia way of lyf,u cant change dem
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by chuks49(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
Almajiri School of Advance Jihad.

1 Like

Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2012
Na waooo, then they should make Education free for all citizens, Beside most of these almajiris are not Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Reference(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2012
I hope the funds will go to the needy in building infrastructure, capacity, scholarships and small business set up. No bogus white elephants and no beauracracy which means no government involvement. The IDB should partner with NGO's and their affliates. We don't want to witness silly probes down the line.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Reference(m): 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2012
kayci_d77: Na waooo, then they should make Education free for all citizens, Beside most of these almajiris are not Nigerians.

When you're ill medicine is more important than food. Right now your top education dollar should be spent there and quickly too.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Standing5(m): 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2012
LagosShia: I thank Almighty Allah that the Muslims are finally waking up to reality and not forsake their muslim brothers in nigeria to the christian missionaries and billionaire pastors leading the way to destruction in this world and in the Hereafter.

I hope this sum would be spent wisely to impact on the lives of those kids up north.i hope to see them in good schooling environment,with sound minds and healthy looking and not with flies licking their faces.

I also hope the corrupt politicians and money embezzlers would fear God for once.they should know that this money is meant to better the country and improve the lives of children living like livestock.this money isn't for holidaying or partying and not for stuffing their deep pockets.

And what signal do u think this would send to other poor and jobless people? At first it was mend and now the Almajiris, if these muslims brothers had woken up their Governors and LGA charimen long time ago the way they are standing up to the christians now we wouldn't be having this kind of donation

As for the Mega pastors, I am not here to support them but What they charge in their respective school is not far from what ur govt spends on The average fed sch graduate yearly + their personal expenses like rent and Transport/lecture notes. I dont blame any mega Pastor at all.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2012
But me think say Sanusi dey use this Islamic Banking to syphone Nigeria, who r their partners.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by gegee(m): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2012
Standing5:

And what signal do u think this would send to other poor and jobless people? At first it was mend and now the Almajiris, if these muslims brothers had woken up their Governors and LGA charimen long time ago the way they are standing up to the christians now we wouldn't be having this kind of donation
(nodding in cuncurrence)true true
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by pzing: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
The UBE scheme can do the job to bridge the formal and informal education of the almajiris. Put that into UBE for the good of all.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by pzing: 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2012
Reference: I hope the funds will go to the needy in building infrastructure, capacity, scholarships and small business set up. No bogus white elephants and no beauracracy which means no government involvement. The IDB should partner with NGO's and their affliates. We don't want to witness silly probes down the line.

May be sharia law will protect the money. Cutting of hands and stoning people that misuse the money may follow. Just thinking wide.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by pzing: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2012
LagosShia: I thank Almighty Allah that the Muslims are finally waking up to reality and not forsake their muslim brothers in nigeria to the christian missionaries and billionaire pastors leading the way to destruction in this world and in the Hereafter.

Hope BH will not burnt the schools if the implementation survives politicians and embezzlers.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Sike(m): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by bakila: 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2012
free2ryhme:

Said like one who does not have the benefit of classroom.
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2012
Is this an interest-free loan?
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by 1Emmy: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2012
Nigeria has lots of money to waste, educating almajiri? tot they abhor western education. Fools.

3 Likes

Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by AustineE1: 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2012
Whatever...just hope the so calld 'grant'from IDB will be the sole responsibity of the Northern states govt to repay back in due cause & should in no way be a debt of the federal govt...i rest my case!bar man pass me the beer make i drink,thankGod today is friday!
Re: FG & Islamic Development Bank Sign $98M For Almajiri Education by zebudaya(m): 6:45pm On Mar 16, 2012
If you don't educate them, they are going to join Boko Haram.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Economics Or Engineering?? Please Kindly Advice. / 2017/2018 Atbu Aspirants Thread / IMT: Enugu Govt. Approves N810 Million For Upgrade Of Infrastructure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.