Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

How Do Web Owners Make Money? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do Web Owners Make Money? (8347 Views)

Only For Mywapblog Site Owners.... / Blog And Website Owners One Opporturnity For You / Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Web Owners Make Money? by oskamboo: 7:07am On Mar 16, 2012
Because i don't know and i want to know. How do nairaland,yahoo,facebook and other web owners make their millions out of this if am not mistaking.
Re: How Do Web Owners Make Money? by dejioke1(m): 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2012
Hello,
There are numerous ways Web Owners make their money, the source of income depends on the type of function the website is performing.
The websites that you have listed above makes their money from adverts which is also the source of income for majority.

I read "millions" in your post, some of these websites, the money they earn from advertisement is not aimed for the pocket but for maintenance even some times the money from advert might not be sufficient and they will add from their pocket, I am sure Niraland was in that position before it got popular and if the income is big now it wort it because you dont know how much they have invested in it.

in the case of yahoo, they offer free email service so that they can display adverts also in their mail interphase, yahoo's primary target is for profit, the email service they offer for free is limited, so they offer paid email service if you want to upgrade your email space.

in the case of facebook, there initial aim was just a small sociall media but it grew more than they planned and I am sure some I.T investors, advisers must have table the idea of advertisement to them and they bought it and it is booming.

many people have attempted this idea to make money but they failed because they dont know the rudiment, One thing is that if you want to make money via this means, adopt these rules

1) You must be offering a service, or any Idea that the public need, it is hard to get one, you can offer existing service but put it in a new dimension that will be unique and interest the public.

2) dont introduce advertisement in the first instance that means you must have a good sum of capital, advertisement pisses people off at the beginning, when you gain traffic then introduce advertisement.

3) Your main goal and target is traffic so make what you offer interesting to an extent that your members will refer others and you cant escape advertising your website now adays, google ads, facebook ads will be of help, later when you gain traffic you will not need much advertisement again.

4) This is where the big mistake comes, when you start making money, dont eat it yet, re invest it in the program as in upgrade, collect reviews from members on how to make it better.

5) your program can never be in the best state, always look for how to get better.

6) It is hard to gain traffic that is where the leg work and paper work is, so you need to map unique strategy.

Have splendid investigation!!!

5 Likes

Re: How Do Web Owners Make Money? by NET1(m): 11:17am On Mar 21, 2012
@deji-oke,

thanks for the post. I enjoyed it.

.NET
Re: How Do Web Owners Make Money? by dejioke1(m): 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
@.NET You are welcome
Re: How Do Web Owners Make Money? by imosedavid: 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
Thinking of becoming a social media guru? Here are some tips to guide your journey - 5 Social Media Best Practices
Re: How Do Web Owners Make Money? by directonpc(m): 7:14am On Apr 24, 2017
Web owners? Well Maybe the spiders pay them rent cheesy
Re: How Do Web Owners Make Money? by solutionarena: 9:39am On Apr 24, 2017
Get your Android based or iOS Mobile App for your Brand or Business Today

Mobile apps are today part of every conceivable business, irrespective of their size or services they offer. Apps are the best way to keep your customers engaged with your product - they act like gentle reminders to pull them back to your product of service, while also generating new customers in the process. However, mobile apps are necessary for each and every business . you particularly need one to promote your brand or business

Have clients download your apps from Google Play Store today

That is why Baycrystal is committed to building your apps whether you have a book, website,games you want to turn into an app we are here for you

Contact us today on
Call/Whatsapp:07011123518
Call:09050428838 or 08186219002

Re: How Do Web Owners Make Money? by ipreach: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
#19 JAMB question 2017

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Using Nigeria’s Domain Name, .ng / How To Open A Free Payoneer Account And Receive Your Card In Nigeria / The 6 Types Of Website Traffic (and How To Get Them)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.