Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,285 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

[Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! (2655 Views)

[Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. / [Help Request] Help With Database Connectivity Error / [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 16, 2012
Gurus in the House..
Please can someone help me with Step by Step instruction on where to download Java and install it on Windows??

Please break it down as easy as possible..

Thanks in advance..
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by TheArbiter: 8:16am On Mar 16, 2012
You need Firefox browser or Chrome and a moderately fast internet connection.

1. Got to the website http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp and click the big red "free java download" button
2. It will automatically detect your windows version and take you to the next page with a big red "Agree and start free download"
3. After the download finishes, open the folder where your browser placed the downloaded file, right click on it and run as administrator
4. When the installer runs, click Agree, Ok and next for all the installer requests. When it finishes, You have the latest java installed on your system

Hope this helps
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 17, 2012
The Arbiter: You need Firefox browser or Chrome and a moderately fast internet connection.

1. Got to the website http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp and click the big red "free java download" button
2. It will automatically detect your windows version and take you to the next page with a big red "Agree and start free download"
3. After the download finishes, open the folder where your browser placed the downloaded file, right click on it and run as administrator
4. When the installer runs, click Agree, Ok and next for all the installer requests. When it finishes, You have the latest java installed on your system

Hope this helps
tnx it helped..please what of Python? How can i download and install it? Plz gimme step by step instruction. Tnx
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by TheArbiter: 6:48am On Mar 17, 2012
Still with your Firefox or Chrome navigate to the official phyton download site for the current latest version: http://www.python.org/getit/releases/3.2.2/

The current latest version is Python 3.2.2 (Released September 4, 2011),

1. Scroll down the page untill you get to the downloads section, If your system is a 32 bit system click Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.2.2) (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig) to begin download otherwise select the 64 bit installer below it.

2. Go to the folder where the installer is, right-click and run as administrator. Accept all the default installer suggestions and you are done.

3. Documentation, which is like a help library is available at the middle of the page here http://www.python.org/doc/.

4. Phyton has a lot of modules to enhance development, coded by expert developers, each with its strenght and weaknesses depending on your target platform. You can install and uninstall them as you want. Currently I have no suggestions for now because i'm not using Phyton, but the Nairaland forum has a section with coders. Why not drop them a line.

Hope it helps.
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 17, 2012
The Arbiter: Still with your Firefox or Chrome navigate to the official phyton download site for the current latest version: http://www.python.org/getit/releases/3.2.2/

The current latest version is Python 3.2.2 (Released September 4, 2011),

1. Scroll down the page untill you get to the downloads section, If your system is a[b] 32 bit system click Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.2.2) (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig)[/b] to begin download otherwise select the 64 bit installer below it.

2. Go to the folder where the installer is, right-click and run as administrator. Accept all the default installer suggestions and you are done..
tnx man..
1)32 or 64 bit system??
How do i know which system is 32bit or 64bit??

2) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig) ?? What does dis do? Why do i need to download it? And where can i download it?

3)and run as administrator ??.:: i don't understand that part..u mean i should right click and click 'Open'?

4) Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.2.2)?? : is this the Python?? Or do i stil need to download python?

Plz bear with me..learners ask questions a lot..thanx once again.
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by TheArbiter: 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2012
OK, lets take it slowly. Read everything here to the bottom before you try the installation.

1. Open your control panel, click on the system icon. You will see your system specs. The system type will be as shown in the red circle in the 32 bit pic below.

2. The file Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.2.2) is your phyton installer. It contains the phyton installer only. It installs python 3.2.2 on your 32 bit windows system when you run it. Just download the installer suitable for your system type. You do not need the Visual studio stuff (i did a quick copy and paste and it was included).

3. The 64 bit Phyton installer is Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (3.2.2) [1] (sig)

4. By the way sig means the files are signed to protect them being changed by virus or people and can be checked with a hash tool. Dont bother your head about this because you are downloading from the source site.

5. If your system is Vista or Windows 7, when you right-click an executable file like an installer, a menu pops up as shown in the Admin pic below. You then select run as Admin to install the program properly on the system. If you are not running Vista or Windows 7, just double click to run it.

6. After downloading, run the MSI Installer. Follow installation instructions to install Phyton 3.2.2 on your system.

7. After installation finishes you are ready to start coding with phyton 3.2.2. Remember what i said about modules.

8. Note: The visual studio debug files are not necessary unless if you plan to use Phyton with visual studio.net. So ignore it totally.

Hope this helps. As a show of appreciation, why not sign in and click like on the posts.

1 Like

Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2012
The Arbiter: OK, lets take it slowly. Read everything here to the bottom before you try the installation.

1. Open your control panel, click on the system icon. You will see your system specs. The system type will be as shown in the red circle in the 32 bit pic below.

2. The file Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.2.2) is your phyton installer. It contains the phyton installer only. It installs python 3.2.2 on your 32 bit windows system when you run it. Just download the installer suitable for your system type. You do not need the Visual studio stuff (i did a quick copy and paste and it was included).

3. The 64 bit Phyton installer is Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (3.2.2) [1] (sig)

4. By the way sig means the files are signed to protect them being changed by virus or people and can be checked with a hash tool. Dont bother your head about this because you are downloading from the source site.

5. If your system is Vista or Windows 7, when you right-click an executable file like an installer, a menu pops up as shown in the Admin pic below. You then select run as Admin to install the program properly on the system. If you are not running Vista or Windows 7, just double click to run it.

6. After downloading, run the MSI Installer. Follow installation instructions to install Phyton 3.2.2 on your system.

7. After installation finishes you are ready to start coding with phyton 3.2.2. Remember what i said about modules.

8. Note: The visual studio debug files are not necessary unless if you plan to use Phyton with visual studio.net. So ignore it totally.

Hope this helps. As a show of appreciation, why not sign in and click like on the posts.

first of all,i want to thank you for the simple instructions that you've given me..thanks once again..
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2012
The Arbiter: OK, lets take it slowly. Read everything here to the bottom before you try the installation.

first of all,i want to thank you for the simple instructions that you've given me..thanks once again..

1) u mean when i download the MSI installer,it'll install python at once?
Is Python in the MSI installer?
Or will i stil download it seperately??

Or once i install the MSI installer,it will automatically install python even if i didn't download python?

2) once i download JAVA and install it.,what next? Which Editor can i use for Java? Notepad++?
Which 1?
Where can i download a very good ''Java Beginners' Book''..e.g thinking in Java etc..

3) i really appreciate your help..can i get ur number or 2go username? Incase i become lost again.thank u Very Much!!!
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by TheArbiter: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2012
I'm amused by your questions Handsomness. It really takes patience to put you through.

1. The MSI installer is the phyton software modules packaged for windows. It fully installs all important phyton libraries on your system.

2. After installing the MSI you can run phyton programs/software on your system.

3. To write programs or code you need an editor or Integrated Development Environment (IDE). I can only recommend free ones like

a) PyScripter Download here: http://code.google.com/p/pyscripter/
b) PyDev Download here: http://pydev.org/
c) Eric Python IDE Download here: http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/eric-download.html
d) Geany Download here: http://www.geany.org/

They are all good. I dont know which one is better so ask the gurus on Nairaland for advice

4. It seems you are interested in Java programming too. The Netbeans 7.1.1 IDE is a free JAVA IDE. The full application is about 250MB - 300MB. Download the full version, install it and you can use it for JAVA (Web, Mobile, Desktop, etc) coding.

Download it from here: http://netbeans.org/downloads/

5. There are a lot of good JAVA tutorials on the web depending on your development focus; desktop, web, mobile, embedded etc. Skip over to www.ebookee.org website, type JAVA into the search and decide which you want to download. In the meantime, send me a blank email with the subject JAVA and i send you two good beginner books for desktop and web development.

6. Sorry, i dont give out phone details.

Hope it clears up all your questions.

1 Like

Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 19, 2012
The Arbiter: I'm amused by your questions Handsomness. It really takes patience to put you through.

1. The MSI installer is the phyton software modules packaged for windows. It fully installs all important phyton libraries on your system.

2. After installing the MSI you can run phyton programs/software on your system.

3. To write programs or code you need an editor or Integrated Development Environment (IDE). I can only recommend free ones like

a) PyScripter Download here: http://code.google.com/p/pyscripter/
b) PyDev Download here: http://pydev.org/
c) Eric Python IDE Download here: http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/eric-download.html
d) Geany Download here: http://www.geany.org/

They are all good. I dont know which one is better so ask the gurus on Nairaland for advice

4. It seems you are interested in Java programming too. The Netbeans 7.1.1 IDE is a free JAVA IDE. The full application is about 250MB - 300MB. Download the full version, install it and you can use it for JAVA (Web, Mobile, Desktop, etc) coding.

Download it from here: http://netbeans.org/downloads/

5. There are a lot of good JAVA tutorials on the web depending on your development focus; desktop, web, mobile, embedded etc. Skip over to www.ebookee.org website, type JAVA into the search and decide which you want to download. In the meantime, send me a blank email with the subject JAVA and i send you two good beginner books for desktop and web development.

6. Sorry, i dont give out phone details.

Hope it clears up all your questions.

thanks a lot..i know understand the python phenomenon..

Blank Email? Buh i dnt have ur email?

The Netbean file is really High..if you have the Raw file,please send it to me..God bless..
kascoagu@yahoo.com

you have really done a lot for me..thanks for your Help..
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 10, 2012
How do i add the Python PATH in Windows 7?
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Barywhyte(m): 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2012
@ Poster.
U seem to want to learn evrything @ da same time. It is a difficult thing to do in programming especially for begginers like you. Concentrate on one tool first and see wether u will have enough time 4 others!

If u are interested in Java, plz download Netbeans IDE first and start your coding from there. I'll advice you 4get about coding from command prompt tho u can go back 2 it later. With netbeans u don't need to set up path variables in windows OS. A lot of materials are available on the internet for Java. Just google it and you will be happy.

And remember : Patience and Doggedness = Prograamming!
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Kehnyshavin: 9:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
to set the path for ur windows 7/xp,go to the directory(folda) uDownloaded ur jdk(java dev. Kit) then open ur bin folda,go 2d addres bar and copy the add,i.e c:/blahblah'/bin then 2mycomputer/computer(as d case may be),click properties/system properties(sys. Properties for win7),click on advanced system properties then go to environmental variables from whence u wo down to system variables unda wch u see path double click.you would see edit system variables then hit end on ur keyboard then paste wat u copied earlier 4rm ur bin directory.as 2 ebooks,u can easiky google ebooks.am also a beginner,java is quite intrestin,wish u d best
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 15, 2012
Kehnyshavin: to set the path for ur windows 7/xp,go to the directory(folda) uDownloaded ur jdk(java dev. Kit) then open ur bin folda,go 2d addres bar and copy the add,i.e c:/blahblah'/bin then 2mycomputer/computer(as d case may be),click properties/system properties(sys. Properties for win7),click on advanced system properties then go to environmental variables from whence u wo down to system variables unda wch u see path double click.you would see edit system variables then hit end on ur keyboard then paste wat u copied earlier 4rm ur bin directory.as 2 ebooks,u can easiky google ebooks.am also a beginner,java is quite intrestin,wish u d best
thanks man. Learning Java? i heard is hard.
Is Java your first language?
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 15, 2012
Barywhyte: @ Poster.
U seem to want to learn evrything @ da same time. It is a difficult thing to do in programming especially for begginers like you. Concentrate on one tool first and see wether u will have enough time 4 others!

If u are interested in Java, plz download Netbeans IDE first and start your coding from there. I'll advice you 4get about coding from command prompt tho u can go back 2 it later. With netbeans u don't need to set up path variables in windows OS. A lot of materials are available on the internet for Java. Just google it and you will be happy.

And remember : Patience and Doggedness = Prograamming!
Between Python and Java which one do you think i should aim for first? And why do you think so?
I already have a little programming knowledge.
Still learning though.
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by oloyedejamiu: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2012
go for Python before java, cos Python is simpler to learn than java.
Re: [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! by Barywhyte(m): 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2012
handsomeness:
Between Python and Java which one do you think i should aim for first? And why do you think so?
I already have a little programming knowledge.
Still learning though.

I don't use python + I really dnt know how difficult it is. But I can tell u that Java isn't difficult as many are made to believe. With few weeks of determination and evryday coding ( just simple stuff) u ll get over some intial difficulties. DNT b e TIRED or DISCOURAGE when things are not working. Itz a common feature of programming! Constant access to internet, personal laptop and electricity (in Nigeria only) are the tools u need now.

Have u downloaded netbeans?

By the way what exactly do u want to do with Java? Scientific? Web-based app? Standalone app? Research? Communication? Analysis?

U need to know so that u can get advise on the suitable programming tool

(1) (Reply)

Become A Pro In Programming For Only N6000 / Best Website To Learn Programming Languages / Where Can I Learn Programming In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.