Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,931 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:45 AM

Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? (15724 Views)

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. / University Of Ibadan Masters Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by icefish(m): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2012
Pls Help....am a graduate with 3rd class ιη industrial maths....

Am a graduate of industrial maths with 3rd class.....maths has never been my option....was admitted into the university....wanted to read computer science....so I had to do d maths not just to sit down @ home.

Can I get a job with 3rd class or be able to do a masters programme
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by pj1(f): 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2012
my dear, jobs dese days is no longer about what u came out wit buh about who u know and the favour of God....with ur third class u will not be able to do ur masters straight, u would av to to a Pgd FOR A YEAR BEFORE DOING UR MASTERS....
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by free2ryhme: 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
YES he can a job with 3rd class combined with Jesus and one or two favours here and there. If s/he want go to do a masters to get a job yes he can but not elminating the same suggestions i made earlier for the 3rd class certificate
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by suolboy(m): 1:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
Guy for u to do masters, u most have to do Post graduate Diploma to qualify you. So try find a job and also apply for your PGD.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2012
on the contrary, a degree in industrial mathematics is a lot better than a degree in pure computer science. so your excuse for graduating with a 3rd is lame. well, you can get a job with 3rd in mathematics but its hard as people with 1st, 2.1 and 2.2 compete for the same jobs, you stand a better chance if u have got connection. yes u can register for Msc but after successfully completing a pg diploma.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by shagaman: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
First and foremost 3rd class is not the end of your career, in fact it can be an added toxin to push you succeed.

First you need identify a career path that interests you, studying computer science does not guarantee a job,Professionalism must come into play,

As a graduate since you have interest in computer science, You need to go for professional courses e.g Network Admin,CCNA,ORACLE,SQLSERVER and so on

The rate at which you can get a job with any of this is still a little higher than an ordinary Bsc,You employer would ask you what you can do!!!!!

The path to a Masters degree with a 3rd class you need do a post graduate depending on the course you want to study....wish you the best
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by freecocoa(f): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
;DOO like you,what were you doing when your mates were making 2nd class upper or even first class?well in this country,I think who you know can get you a job faster than your certificate but honestly i don't think you can get a meaningful job quick enough with that your "attended university" certificate.tongue.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by Nigerd(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2012
freecocoa: ;DOO like you,what were you doing when your mates were making 2nd class upper or even first class?well in this country,I think who you know can get you a job faster than your certificate but honestly i don't think you can get a meaningful job quick enough with that your "attended university" certificate.tongue.

why the abuse!!!

who are u self... He/She seek for advice not for u to abuse....
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by abujub(m): 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2012
depending on the kind of job u would want, but with indu maths, u can get a bank job, civil service job or any private company job, but based on who u know with this result. u will hv to do pgd before u will be able to do masters
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by Rich4god(m): 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
freecocoa: ;DOO like you,what were you doing when your mates were making 2nd class upper or even first class?well in this country,I think who you know can get you a job faster than your certificate but honestly i don't think you can get a meaningful job quick enough with that your "attended university" certificate.tongue.
Freecocoa, that is too harsh, we are here to help and not to bash...
@OP, dont let your cert weigh you down, you can still make it big. All you need is the right catalyst to activate you in the right path.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by freecocoa(f): 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2012
@Rich4God and river Niger_d,where is the abuse in my post na?haba!that was a light joke na,you both should sell the phones you are using to browse and use the money to buy a little sense of humor,mscheew.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by Rich4god(m): 1:55pm On Mar 16, 2012
freecocoa: @Rich4God and river Niger_d,where is the abuse in my post na?haba!that was a light joke na,you both should sell the phones you are using to browse and use the money to buy a little sense of humor,mscheew.
Plz, i didnt say u abused him, i know that you are kidding... But what i want you to know is that the OP may not see your post as a joke and myt get him upset.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by freecocoa(f): 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
Rich4god:
Plz, i didnt say u abused him, we all know that you are kidding... But what i want you to know is that the OP may not see your post as a joke and myt get him upset.
If he doesn't see it as a joke then that's his problem na,if you go home with a 3rd class result from school to your dad,what will you expect?a pat on the back?I'm even trying to help him laugh sef and you people are here forming "angels" his result is poor that's the truth whether its his fault or not is not the issue here,its poor simples.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by Fourcade(m): 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
Rich4god:
Plz, i didnt say u abused him, we all know that you are kidding... But what i want you to know is that the OP may not see your post as a joke and myt get him upset.

True talk.
But next time you talk for yourself-Not,we all know!
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by Conner44: 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
freecocoa: If he doesn't see it as a joke then that's his problem na,if you go home with a 3rd class result from school to your dad,what will you expect?a pat on the back?I'm even trying to help him laugh sef and you people are here forming "angels" his result is poor that's the truth whether its his fault or not is not the issue here,its poor simples.

sissi NL, oya scan/post ya own certificate 4 here na make we for see if nor be 4th class u carry run comot 4 skul

empty barrels must to make noise

5 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by lilkech(m): 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
^^^

She is online on NL 24/7, sign of joblesness (unless a mod)

5th class certificate
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by Skywalker5(m): 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2012
icefish: Pls Help....am a graduate with 3rd class ιη industrial maths....

Am a graduate of industrial maths with 3rd class.....maths has never been my option....was admitted into the university....wanted to read computer science....so I had to do d maths not just to sit down @ home.

Can I get a job with 3rd class or be able to do a masters programme

Yes you can get a job with third class. You know how naija be.
second you can do Masters but its quite difficult on schools that will accept that. there are some schools that want 2.1 while some are lower. There is no harm in trying, there are school that will accept you for masters abroad. I would suggest you do some professional course to back up your 3rd class and try schools abroad. one will answer you.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by freecocoa(f): 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2012
lilkech: ^^^

She is online on NL 24/7, sign of joblesness (unless a mod)

5th class certificate
You that is never here at all,I wonder how you came to know those that are always here,mumu of the highest order and btw I'll be here all day so die if it will kill you.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by legendsilver(m): 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
guy just chill, your tomorrow is very v angryery bright dnt make this freecoco makes you feel bad, grades dont give jobs any more in naija but brian does.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by gegee(m): 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
grin grin grin grin[b][/b]
Conner44:

sissi NL, oya scan/post ya own certificate 4 here na make we for see if nor be 4th class u carry run comot 4 skul

lol
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by slimyem: 2:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
i have testimonies of a few people with third class and a highly paying jobs. And trust me-no be leg matter!
Just do your best to add to yourself and stand outside your certificate.its no limitation.i promise!
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by kokobassey(m): 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2012
Freecocoa is just being a fool

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by Kechukwu: 2:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
My friend jst understand tht ur 3rd does not determine ur achievement in life. I made a 3rd class like u also bt work in a very big office now. My friend made a 1st class in Computer Engineering and we both do same job. When we had an interview for an internal vacancy i was chosen despite having a 3rd class.

Even with all our BSC my other colleague is having OND and we are considered for same level with same monthly pay.

With my 3rd class after my NYSC i did nt sit at home for 3months before getting a job. With God all things are possible. Am an IT professional and by God's grace am comfortable.

All the best.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by freecocoa(f): 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2012
Conner44:

wait till i come to NL asking for help on my result then you can yap rubbish,for now concentrate on knowing your way around here,you've been here what?10 mins and you wanna show yourself,no near me o.na warning.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by freecocoa(f): 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2012
kokobassey: kokobassey is just being a fool
Yeah we all know that's what he is.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by freecocoa(f): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
tivta: I bet freecoca or what ever her name is, is a spoilt brat that bribes or sleeps with her lecturers for good grades. Nonsense university prostitute.
Is that the history of all the women in your family?like any rubbish y'all yap gets to me.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by Ndjones(m): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2012
But why are girls so foolish at times? Must she(fecocoa) yap the guy? uh!
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by freecocoa(f): 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2012
legendsilver: guy just chill, your tomorrow is very v angryery bright dnt make this freecoco makes you feel bad, grades dont give jobs any more in naija but brian does.
And who says i wanted to make him feel bad?abegi if you people can't see the joke in simple things of life then that's your headache,calling me the Devil here does not affect me in any way.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by freecocoa(f): 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ndjones: But why are girls so foolish at times? Must she(fecocoa) yap the guy? uh!
I bet all the women in your family are foolish too,monkey.
Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by faithin9ja: 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2012
OP, I made a 3rd class almost 30 years ago from Uniben, now I employ graduates. As others have said there are many ways to overcome the challenge;
1. Decide on a career path, investigate what it takes to develope in your chosen career, for instance if you choose to be software developer go ahead and take the relevant professional qualifications, you want be an accountant do ICAN, web designer do the necessary and so on and so forth, very few 'professions' rely on first degrees.

2. Seek employment in the SME sector, don't rely on banks or telecoms. Transport companies, hotels, trading companies, small and medium scale manufactures, etc these businesses need articulate sharp minded graduates, not necessarily what you have on paper but most graduates in Nigeria never look at such companies because they feel the starting pay is too small, most fail to realise the experience they learn from the real world is invaluable. I know someone who started as a manager in a local hotel, now he is a top manager a 5 star hotel in Lagos after about 7 years experience, he started with OND.

3. Do your masters, if you can raise 3 million go to the UK or Canada and do a 12 month masters degree, UK and Canadian universities will not require you to do PGD if you are able to demonstrate a level academic ability. With a UK or Canada masters nobody will bother you about your first degree

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? by Rastamann: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2012
Yes, you can!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University Of Benin, Uniben Post Ume 2010/2011 Result Update / ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts / Delsu 2nd Admission List Is Out.check Ur Status And Join Us Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.