Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. (3690 Views)

Bryte 7” Android Tablet PC? / Android Tablet PC APN Settings - MTN Nigeria And Others / ***Two Weeks Used Black Android Tablet For Quick Sale!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by prettyboi1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
Cnn just premiered a newly made android OS tablet that's made here in Nigeria by one of our own______his name is Saheed Adepoju & the name of the tablet line is "Inye" (meaning "first" in one of our Nigerian languages). I am honest that the cnn reporters were really very excited about this product & they could hardly hide that fact. They asked about how Nigerian people were reacting or relating to the new product & they were really disappointed to find out that there's a stereotypical illness of Nigerians not patronizing our own made products which I also see as "a very bad culture."
I'M TIRED OF WE BLACKS & AFRICANS BEING THE WHITE MAN'S SLAVE,I'M TIRED OF US BEING THE WHITE MAN'S BI*T*CH...I'M TIRED OF US BEING THE PUSH-OVERS,BEING THE SIDE-LINED ONES,THE ONES WHO CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE CLOTHES THAT WE WEAR,I'M TIRED OF US BEING THE ONES THAT DON'T HAVE A GLOBAL VOICE COS WE DON'T MAKE ANYTHING IN OUR COUNTRIES.....Everything starts from somewhere & little drops of water makes a mighty ocean,never despise little beginnings, let's support our people & show some love, in no time by the Grace of God we'd have several Nigerians competing against each other in such fields & Nigerian products would be competing globally against known names like Apple,HTC,Samsung,Toyota,Mercedes-Benz,Honda etc.....
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2012
Great News, would be nice to see our govt support this. . .
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by maclatunji: 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2012
Let the guy send me a free sample. I will test-run and promote it for free if it is any good. Let the guy send me a free sample. I will run and promote it for free if it is any good. To be honest, I have never heard of such before.

tongue
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by stpat1(m): 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
u must be ashamed of urself for asking for a free sample. Church rat. For me I am definitely buying one as soon as I get to lagos cos it can do all and even more than an Ipad can do, so I've going for it. Its even cheap, its about 50k
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by maclatunji: 4:23pm On Mar 16, 2012
stpat1: u must be ashamed of urself for asking for a free sample. Church rat. For me I am definitely buying one as soon as I get to lagos cos it can do all and even more than an Ipad can do, so I've going for it. Its even cheap, its about 50k

See millionaire! It is normal to send free samples to technology journalists/writers to review your product. The question you should be asking is if I can deliver on my promise? You are lucky I am in a good mood today.

By the way, do you think those CNN journalists actually bought the thing? How slow are you? Tell me honestly.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by texazzpete(m): 4:33pm On Mar 16, 2012
pretty_boi: Cnn just premiered a newly made android OS tablet that's made here in Nigeria by one of our own______his name is Saheed Adepoju & the name of the tablet line is "Inye" (meaning "first" in one of our Nigerian languages). I am honest that the cnn reporters were really very excited about this product & they could hardly hide that fact. They asked about how Nigerian people were reacting or relating to the new product & they were really disappointed to find out that there's a stereotypical illness of Nigerians not patronizing our own made products which I also see as "a very bad culture."
I'M TIRED OF WE BLACKS & AFRICANS BEING THE WHITE MAN'S SLAVE,I'M TIRED OF US BEING THE WHITE MAN'S BI*T*CH...I'M TIRED OF US BEING THE PUSH-OVERS,BEING THE SIDE-LINED ONES,THE ONES WHO CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE CLOTHES THAT WE WEAR,I'M TIRED OF US BEING THE ONES THAT DON'T HAVE A GLOBAL VOICE COS WE DON'T MAKE ANYTHING IN OUR COUNTRIES.....Everything starts from somewhere & little drops of water makes a mighty ocean,never despise little beginnings, let's support our people & show some love, in no time by the Grace of God we'd have several Nigerians competing against each other in such fields & Nigerian products would be competing globally against known names like Apple,HTC,Samsung,Toyota,Mercedes-Benz,Honda etc.....

The 'inye' tablet is just a rebadge of a generic chinese clone tablet that people like you are trying to trick unsuspecting folks that its a 'Nigerian tablet'. it's the usual underpowered, cheap chinese crap...you deserve a hefty slap for trying to pull this m0r0nic guilt trip of being the 'white man's bitch' over a crapware tablet.
Nigerians will only be free when they realize their own consumer rights and power. Anyone who works hard for a living deserves the right to be allowed to spend his/her money on the best value for money...and a rebadged Chinese tablet running Android 2.2 on a slow 1GHz CPU is not value for money at 50K.

@stpat1 you work for Encipher group, don't you?

@Fhemmy i'd be incensed if my tax money was being spend on supporting private individuals.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by prettyboi1(m): 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2012
texazzpete:

The 'inye' tablet is just a rebadge of a generic chinese clone tablet that people like you are trying to trick unsuspecting folks that its a 'Nigerian tablet'. it's the usual underpowered, cheap chinese crap...you deserve a hefty slap for trying to pull this m0r0nic guilt trip of being the 'white man's bitch' over a crapware tablet.
Nigerians will only be free when they realize their own consumer rights and power. Anyone who works hard for a living deserves the right to be allowed to spend his/her money on the best value for money...and a rebadged Chinese tablet running Android 2.2 on a slow 1GHz CPU is not value for money at 50K.

Mr man....I hate it when people talk with so much confidence when they don't know crap....who told you it runs 2.2? Yes there's an earlier version running 2.2 but the one premiered on cnn runs android 3.0.....look man,the specs aren't over the top but they are very very cool & the tab itself is price-friendly for people who aren't really inclined towards supersonic specs. By the way,it's the vision behind the whole project & company I'm really happy for,I'm proud of the guy who's just 28 years old by the way. You don't expect an Apple rating equivalent just yet do you? Don't be a kid,you & I know that capital & funds aren't always there to kickstart projects so typically you start small & keep growing big. 2face wasn't a superstar when he started singing,he grew into that,same with d'banj,same with Kanu,same with Okocha,etc ....Bill Gates & Steve Jobs weren't millionaires running multi-billion dollar companies in just 1 day,but they grew into that. Anyday,any time, I would support this guy & any Nigerian product like this with whatever I can. Give these guys a few years & by the Grace of God they would be making us proud to be Nigerians. At least check their website & facebook pages & you see more that these guys are guys with a vision.
http://enciphergroup.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Encipher-Limited/167738839926818?id=167738839926818&_rdr
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 17, 2012
texazzpete:

@stpat1 you work for Encipher group, don't you?

@Fhemmy i'd be incensed if my tax money was being spend on supporting private individuals.

Bull's eye. ℓ̊ must be insane τ̅☺ buy this tablet.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Fhemmmy: 12:42am On Mar 17, 2012
texazzpete:

I honestly blv with some encouragement and support, the guy could even take Nigeria to places . . . . But i do feel you still
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Fhemmmy: 12:43am On Mar 17, 2012
blink182: Bull's eye. ℓ̊ must be insane τ̅☺ buy this tablet.

Take am easy oh . . .
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 17, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I honestly blv with some encouragement and support, the guy could even take Nigeria to places . . . . But i do feel you still
nice
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Tundeobash(m): 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2012
This is cheering news. The government and other well meaning Nigerians should rise up to encourage and support this young inventor. This is our first and it should be celebrated. I look forward to a day that it will be available on supermarket shelves.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by denzel2009: 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2012
I like this guy but someone should advice him to invest in something else. Apple has killed this market! Kindle fire is selling like pure water.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by texazzpete(m): 11:44am On Mar 18, 2012
Tundeobash: This is cheering news. The government and other well meaning Nigerians should rise up to encourage and support this young inventor. This is our first and it should be celebrated. I look forward to a day that it will be available on supermarket shelves.

It's already available on supermarket shelves. Go and buy it if you will. unlike many of you folk here, I work damn hard for my money and I will purchase the best value for my money.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by texazzpete(m): 11:48am On Mar 18, 2012
pretty_boi:
Mr man....I hate it when people talk with so much confidence when they don't know crap....who told you it runs 2.2? Yes there's an earlier version running 2.2 but the one premiered on cnn runs android 3.0.....look man,the specs aren't over the top but they are very very cool & the tab itself is price-friendly for people who aren't really inclined towards supersonic specs. By the way,it's the vision behind the whole project & company I'm really happy for,I'm proud of the guy who's just 28 years old by the way. You don't expect an Apple rating equivalent just yet do you? Don't be a kid,you & I know that capital & funds aren't always there to kickstart projects so typically you start small & keep growing big. 2face wasn't a superstar when he started singing,he grew into that,same with d'banj,same with Kanu,same with Okocha,etc ....Bill Gates & Steve Jobs weren't millionaires running multi-billion dollar companies in just 1 day,but they grew into that. Anyday,any time, I would support this guy & any Nigerian product like this with whatever I can. Give these guys a few years & by the Grace of God they would be making us proud to be Nigerians. At least check their website & facebook pages & you see more that these guys are guys with a vision.
http://enciphergroup.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Encipher-Limited/167738839926818?id=167738839926818&_rdr

The specs on their website clearly say Android 2.2. I'd take that over the word of a paid company rep like yourself.

The 'we have to start somewhere' argument is fit only for m0r0ns. This tablet was NOT made or assembled in Nigeria.

But why are we arguing? There has been an Inye tablet on the shelves for a while now. Since you're so much in love with the idea, where is your own copy? DO an unboxing and review video for us let us see.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Leopantro: 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2012
i don't care if it was assemblied in nigeria with parts that where imported from God knows where,the bottom line that we have an android tablet made in nigeria.and bone what you say,that it got good reviews from Gigaom and Slashgear in the tech world is enough testimonal for it sales. i admit,with a RAM of 256MB, a processor speed of 800Mhz and android 2.1,it is well below par but it is thr FIRST of its kind in Nigeria so i would support the guy in anyway possible. there is a hot market for tablets and if you can not afford to buy an ipad (which most nigerians can't)any tablet would be appreciated (most people don't even use a tablet effectively).i hope to see better products from the guy

for those talking about ipad and kindle or galaxy tab, they don't have usb ports,memory card slots or HDMI port(i love this one). i have a friend who has ipad 2 and has booked for an ipad 3 but she saw my android tablet with HDMI port and immediately went and bought one (was wondering what was run but she is a woman with plenty money and no clue on technology).so each has its advantages and disadvantages.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Leopantro: 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2012
sorry about my typos. typing from an LG P350 android phone.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by texazzpete(m): 8:39am On Mar 19, 2012
Leopantro: i don't care if it was assemblied in nigeria with parts that where imported from God knows where,the bottom line that we have an android tablet made in nigeria.and bone what you say,that it got good reviews from Gigaom and Slashgear in the tech world is enough testimonal for it sales. i admit,with a RAM of 256MB, a processor speed of 800Mhz and android 2.1,it is well below par but it is thr FIRST of its kind in Nigeria so i would support the guy in anyway possible. there is a hot market for tablets and if you can not afford to buy an ipad (which most nigerians can't)any tablet would be appreciated (most people don't even use a tablet effectively).i hope to see better products from the guy

for those talking about ipad and kindle or galaxy tab, they don't have usb ports,memory card slots or HDMI port(i love this one). i have a friend who has ipad 2 and has booked for an ipad 3 but she saw my android tablet with HDMI port and immediately went and bought one (was wondering what was run but she is a woman with plenty money and no clue on technology).so each has its advantages and disadvantages.

1) The tablet was NOT assembled in Nigeria. Were all our previous words lost on you? I shall not be blamed if you have difficulty understanding written English

2) The tablet has not been reviewed by Slashgear or GigaOM. Where did you get that idea from?

3) You claim it is 'well below par' yet you urge people to go and buy it? Weird.

4) There IS a way you can support it. Buy the bloody tablet and post your review here for us to see.

5) A tablet costing 50K is NOT affordable to most Nigerians. A new 16GB Blackberry Playbook costs N45k in Ikeja. That's cheaper and a better value.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Leopantro: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
1. I said I don't know where it was developed.I only know its being sold in Nigeria and seems it was created here.
2. click on the link provided and check the bottom right of the website.
3. if its made in Nigeria ( as I thought it was) I would endorse it.
4. in regards to cost (I don't know how much it cost) a Playbook is affordable. in regards to apps, seriously? a Playbook to android? considering RIM is porting android to the next Playbook.

the bottom line is If the android tablet (as advertised in the link above) is made or assembled in Nigeria, its a good idea.if its not, then its better getting an a flyer or a zoom or a tab. but you can cut your coat according to your size
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by prettyboi1(m): 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2012
texazzpete:

1) The tablet was NOT assembled in Nigeria. Were all our previous words lost on you? I shall not be blamed if you have difficulty understanding written English

2) The tablet has not been reviewed by Slashgear or GigaOM. Where did you get that idea from?

3) You claim it is 'well below par' yet you urge people to go and buy it? Weird.

4) There IS a way you can support it. Buy the bloody tablet and post your review here for us to see.

5) A tablet costing 50K is NOT affordable to most Nigerians. A new 16GB Blackberry Playbook costs N45k in Ikeja. That's cheaper and a better value.
MR Man,get your facts right before arguing/talking....here's a review slashgear did on the encipher 'inye' tablet a long while back_______ http://www.slashgear.com/encipher-android-table-pushes-cloud-services-0484237/
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Leopantro: 7:53am On Mar 20, 2012
if you say so.....
at least we agreed on something
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by texazzpete(m): 1:39pm On Mar 20, 2012
pretty_boi:
MR Man,get your facts right before arguing/talking....here's a review slashgear did on the encipher 'inye' tablet a long while back_______ http://www.slashgear.com/encipher-android-table-pushes-cloud-services-0484237/

1) Does that look like a review to you? Really, what sort of people are on nairaland these days? Do you have issues with English language? At best that is a PREVIEW.

2) Does that article sound encouraging to you?!

I beg you, please put more intellectual effort in your responses to me. I grow weary of this inanity.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by calcentron: 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2012
Even if rebranded in china, do you have a clue of how much it cost to rebrand? Moreso, does Nigeria have the facilities to assemble? What has our government done to help us? I do not support the claim Made in Nigeria that is just my own opinion.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by texazzpete(m): 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
It shouldn't cost up to N500 per tablet to paint 'Encipher' on the back of a generic Chinese OEM tablet.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by Orkeven: 7:57pm On May 01, 2012
Seriously? Are guys really arguing over this?
First, I must say kudos to the guy. But, that concept is as old as my Nokia 1600. So-called re-branding or branding doesn't cost a thing in China. You in doubt? Check out www.Alibaba.com where you can even place an order and have your grandma's village name imprinted on the tablet, just as long as you meet the criteria of MOQ (minimum number of products you are interested in). The things are amazingly cheap!
The damn thing is so expensive @50k you can get something much superior (Android 4.0, 512MB/1GB DDR3, 1.0/1.5GHz, webcam and the others) tablet sent to you in your hometown as long as there is Fedex or DHL or UPS around.
Well done to the chairman. Ehn! But, no com rub am for guys their faces jor!
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by annegirl: 1:19am On Jul 25, 2012
The post generated here just show the state of Mind of the Nigerian people and that they do not know what it takes for company to be developed or provide jobs that we are crying for.
people really? Give ma a break. we buy many shoes, jean, bags from China that are low quality and dont last for more thna three month and each importation we make from China put food on their damn TABLE. WE DO NOT HAVE MONEY COMING IN FROM ABROAD, WE RECYCLED THE ONES at home to import from abroad and create jobs for them living Nigeria jobless.

What are you guys saying, Iphone was design in USA, the bodywork was done in China, the battery - i do no know. but because more than about 45% was assembled in USA it can bear the flag of Made in USA.

The first Apple computer now MAC isn'
t that great, the first operating system is not excellent. This is a first product, regardless of where it is made from you guys should support it because quality or not if every Nigeria get that copy, then it will employ no less than 5000 workers around the country and have the financial resources to improve the product.

Ok you guys should continue to buy made in USA, CHINA etc. MAKE THEM MORE RICH AND GIVE THEM JOBS. AND Nigeria will remain as it is and you wont even get visa to go and clean their table.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by techwizard(m): 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
stpat1: u must be ashamed of urself for asking for a free sample. Church rat. For me I am definitely buying one as soon as I get to lagos cos it can do all and even more than an Ipad can do, so I've going for it. Its even cheap, its about 50k
I think its too expensive, 50k indian made their own and its just $10 (3k) & people are buy it like crazy.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Made Android Tablet. Please Let's Support Our Own. by saleskara: 1:30pm On May 26, 2013
You may check nice Android tablets. Branded as Kara with a free leather case and keyboard. Wholesalers and retailers are welcome. For more information Please visit http://www.kara.com.ng/tablets/

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Samsung S7 Edge For 125k / Apple Airpods 1 & 2 Original And Genuine Product / Smart Automatic Changeover With INVERTER Interface Module

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.