Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Why Are Nigerian Thoughts About Spiritualism Different From White Men's? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerian Thoughts About Spiritualism Different From White Men's? (1055 Views)

Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article / Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home? / White Men Are Better Than Black Men! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Thoughts About Spiritualism Different From White Men's? by maninmood(m): 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2012
[b]I have been pondering about this for God-knows-how-long. The issue of spiritualism, in my thoughts, in Nigeria, has been a pandemic issue. My own perspectives, if anything happens to human being in life, he or she should take it as a fate. Why would we be attributing everything to spiritual problems? I have a sister that has been affected by sleep paralysis( orinrin), it took 10 years before we were able to solve her problems despite having carried her to different spiritual consultants and spent so much money. You know what? Google solved the problems.

On a daily basis, I do hear and see people having bad/good experience, and they attribute the bad aspect of it to spiritual attacks. I presume white people do have problems, and they work towards solving it.

My questions, please I want Nairalanders to post their views about spiritualism in Nigeria. What are your experiences and how is it related to spiritual attack? Have you ever found out it could be every-day phenomenon to people across the world. Have you found out you are not alone in whatever problems you are? What are the steps to take to different spiritual problems apart from consulting a cleric that will need to put food on his/her table. Just wondering
[/b]
Re: Why Are Nigerian Thoughts About Spiritualism Different From White Men's? by mkmyers45(m): 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2012
Living in a society where you are made to believe that all good and bad comes from God what do you expect? Typical Nigerian Mindset = I will pray about it(when you are suppose to be doing something), Who are we to question God (When clear negligence and stupidity caused the loss) etc etc Most Nigerians are brainwashed so there is nothing they can do......but blame God, cry pray and fast.

(1) (Reply)

Controversy As Two Families Lay Claim To Stolen Baby / How To Make Your Wife Happy / Does This Happen In Your Neighbourhood A Lot? Marital Bliss Gone Awry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.