Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community (9296 Views)

Two Die In Enugu Community Over Adulterous Woman / The Woman I Want To Marry Is A Divorcee With A Kid / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by nene1: 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2012
What thing I notice about black men that I don't see in men of other races is when they achieve a high level of success and wealth, is this PATTERN that they marry a white woman. I know people will jump at this post and say it is racist, but I don't care. We all know this is true. White and Asian men are smart. They will bleep women of other races, but MARRY a woman from their own race to keep the money within their people. They are very united. How many wealthy white and asian men do you see with a black wife or wife not of their race. You will never see the likes of David Beckham with a black wife.

Look at all the Indians and Arabs in sub-saharan Africa. They have been there for so long yet they still don't integrate into the population. They will go back to their country and get a wife. Look at the economic power some Lebanese have in some West African countries. They will never let Africans have so much economic power in Lebanon. Black men when they get rich go and marry a white woman and split their wealth with her. There are plenty of beautiful women in their home countries and I find it hard to believe they cannot find one of them to marry. There are a few like Drogba and Eto who are married to African women, but they seem to be in the minority.

Families are the foundation of a society. The more powerful black and african families we have, the higher up we will move in the world. We are not smart about keeping the money within our people. That is how we will increase the wealth within our people. Look at Oswald Boateng (famous Ghanaian designer in the UK), who got divorced and his white wife almost took everything. So now that money is going back to white people. Look at Senegal that never had a black african 1st lady b/c all their presidents had white wives. Rich men of other races marry their own women and give them a better life and have kids of their own race. The phenomenon is ONLY with black men. How many black families do you know like the Rockefellers that had their money last for generations? Black men need to empower their own if they want us to move ahead in the world.
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by Idowuogbo(f): 12:45am On Mar 17, 2012
nene1: What thing I notice about black men that I don't see in men of other races is when they achieve a high level of success and wealth, is this PATTERN that they marry a white woman. I know people will jump at this post and say it is racist, but I don't care. We all know this is true. White and Asian men are smart. They will bleep women of other races, but MARRY a woman from their own race to keep the money within their people. They are very united. How many wealthy white and asian men do you see with a black wife or wife not of their race. You will never see the likes of David Beckham with a black wife.

Look at all the Indians and Arabs in sub-saharan Africa. They have been there for so long yet they still don't integrate into the population. They will go back to their country and get a wife. Look at the economic power some Lebanese have in some West African countries. They will never let Africans have so much economic power in Lebanon. Black men when they get rich go and marry a white woman and split their wealth with her. There are plenty of beautiful women in their home countries and I find it hard to believe they cannot find one of them to marry. There are a few like Drogba and Eto who are married to African women, but they seem to be in the minority.

Families are the foundation of a society. The more powerful black and african families we have, the higher up we will move in the world. We are not smart about keeping the money within our people. That is how we will increase the wealth within our people. Look at Oswald Boateng (famous Ghanaian designer in the UK), who got divorced and his white wife almost took everything. So now that money is going back to white people. Look at Senegal that never had a black african 1st lady b/c all their presidents had white wives. Rich men of other races marry their own women and give them a better life and have kids of their own race. The phenomenon is ONLY with black men. How many black families do you know like the Rockefellers that had their money last for generations? Black men need to empower their own if they want us to move ahead in the world.

Is dis some journal or wot ? undecided

Y u pasting ur project here?
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by tpia5: 1:19am On Mar 17, 2012
black women have to empower themselves because i dont think most of today's black males are free to consider all these. They are entrapped by desire.

the other day a nler was pointing out he's waiting for a wealthy woman to come and marry him, and i think he was quite serious.

I meant to quote his post (and ask him what that implied) but somehow got caught up in something else and so didnt do so.

but my point is, many of our men are looking for women who will empower them, not women who they will empower.

so, the more oprahs in the world, the better it may be for blacks in general i suppose, however i could be wrong, so dont quote me on this.

but some single guys still have to marry the struggling black women though, or should they not have husbands because they're underpriviledged and black?

btw women empowerment doesnt only mean getting phd or unlimited degrees- it could be in other ways like business, creative arts, etc. Just anything that's a plus for the black (or nigerian- whatever applies) community in general.

1 Like

Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by deandavid(m): 7:33am On Mar 17, 2012
the reason is not far, its because house food no dy sweet, na outside food sweet pass. That is they feel wmen of other race are better than theirs. I CALL THEM MUGUS
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by charlsecy4(m): 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Is dis some journal or wot ? undecided

Y u pasting ur project here?

You didn't have to quote the post in order to give your reply!
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by Idowuogbo(f): 1:48pm On Mar 17, 2012
charlsecy4:

You didn't have to quote the post in order to give your reply!

Ohh really? shocked shocked shocked

Wow my bad

Next!!!!!!
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by wellmax(m): 2:13pm On Mar 17, 2012
Its just inferiority complex mentality.
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by Brisingr(m): 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2012
we lyk to exercise our variety.
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by StarFlux: 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2012
interesting
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by babaowo: 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2012
Most black woman especially naija woman are lazierz, materialistic and wanting their husband to do everything for them,they don't have true love,they always size men up physcically and spiritually b4 going into relationship,they marry based on what they will get in return.

1 Like

Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by jesse8048(m): 3:44pm On Mar 17, 2012
Most black women can't manage their homes always lookin for house maid and nanny even when their job giv dem time but despite that I can't see myself gettin married to a WHITE
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 17, 2012
babaowo: Most black woman especially naija woman are lazierz, materialistic and wanting their husband to do everything for them,they don't have true love,they always size men up physcically and spiritually b4 going into relationship,they marry based on what they will get in return.
And seriously if u were a lady ll u love to marry into poverty
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by achi4u(m): 4:08pm On Mar 17, 2012
babaowo: Most black woman especially naija woman are lazierz, materialistic and wanting their husband to do everything for them,they don't have true love,they always size men up physcically and spiritually b4 going into relationship,they marry based on what they will get in return.
thank u @babaowo
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by babaowo: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ ogbeche77.....why can't our own lady work and sustain themselves like white woman Instead of scouting for wealth which might not last and d marriage will b scatter.
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by hunsu: 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2012
@poster comparing blacks to other races is not wise.now the whites took us for slavery and we started mixing
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by hunsu: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2012
Also whoever an african marry is entirely his choice but as me i must marRy MAUYON,LOLADE,OGHECHI,KAFILAT
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by Dipwater(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2012
I can marry from any race. It does matter as long as the understanding is there. One freaking xter I dislike in our woman is dat they want there man to do evri thng 4 dem the load is damn too much 4 the blackman they barely help financially, at the long run the man wuld suffer to death in the name of luv. I aint 4 dat
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2012
Well it's possible that back then hoes didn't want him, now he's hot/rich they all on him. grin grin
And he probably got to realize that this was a common attribute with black women (which is unfortunately true by majority).

Black chick would have to be rare before she open eye chill with guy when he still dey hussle with nothing to show yet.
Most oyinbo go simply tell you as long as you never stop following your dream and you are happy, that's all that really matters.

But chei, e be like say my mama don do SERIOUS prayer say make I no bring oyinbo come house or something undecided, because as much as I dey feel dia style and dem dey reciprocate, I just for some reason can't see myself MARRYING one.
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by cfours: 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2012
nene1, I feel you.

take a look at this video below for example. I don't know whether to classify it as a tragedy or comedy.
especially the part where the commentator says: "majority of ndi-ibo in finland are married to the irresistibly beautiful blond and blue-eyed Finnish ladies" and then they show pictures of fat ugly white women in the background.lol
Well, I thank God I'm not Ibo sha.

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohu2E4slCVE[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by dayokanu(m): 12:12am On Mar 18, 2012
Could it be that black women have some issues succesful black men dont want to deal with?

I mean who wants a wife who acts Ghetto at any given instance, shouts at you, yells at you throw tantrums just because she believes thats the way to be a strong black woman. At the end of the day the supposed husband just make them baby mommas and leave.

I am of the opinion that black women take the issue of independent, strong woman feminist thing too much on their head even more than the Whites. Contrary to popular opinion, the most docile women are whites and Asians while Blacks are the fiery and fiesty ones

The theme of most whites is to return to family values, while most black women are of the opinion that you dont need a man, you can do it on your own etc. This further leads to breakdown of black families according to research and holds back the black community

OP It also looks like some succesful black women too marry outside of their race

Imani the model married a white, Lenny Kravitz mom a famous TV star married white, Paula Patton, Diana ross, Whoopi Goldberg and even our own Oluchi, Kate henshaw and Regina Askia married white men

So if there must be blame passing it goes to both the men and women
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by Nobody: 2:05am On Mar 18, 2012
^^^Shagalogist ba wo ni? Long time no see. Se o wa kpa grin
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by mailano: 3:25am On Mar 18, 2012
DO YOU WISH TO WORK IN QATAR HERE IS YOUR IS THE CHANCE.THE QATAR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ARE HERE IN NIGERIA IN SEARCH OF MANPOWER TO WORK IN THEIR FIRM IN QATAR WITH HIGH PAY ATRACTIVE SALARY. CALL US ON +2348165027376 PRINCIPAL
CONSTRUCTION
ACTIVITIES ยป
Qatar Building Company
offers expertise and
... market know-how not
only in pure construction
work, but also in
construction techniques.
Its record in
construction includes:
Road & Airfield Paving
Pipeline
Buildings
Sewage treatment plants
Pumping stations
Cable Laying call us on +2348165027376
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by lagcity(m): 5:19am On Mar 18, 2012
dayokanu:
I am of the opinion that black women take the issue of independent, strong woman feminist thing too much on their head even more than the Whites. Contrary to popular opinion, the most docile women are whites and Asians while Blacks are the fiery and fiesty ones

It is true that black women have turned independence upside down. Whites and Asians tend to be very supportive (not nagging) when u r down financially or emotionally. But I will definitely have a black family even if i marry non-black (highly unlikely). grin
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by maclatunji: 10:45am On Mar 18, 2012
nene1: What thing I notice about black men that I don't see in men of other races is when they achieve a high level of success and wealth, is this PATTERN that they marry a white woman. I know people will jump at this post and say it is racist, but I don't care. We all know this is true. White and Asian men are smart. They will bleep women of other races, but MARRY a woman from their own race to keep the money within their people. They are very united. How many wealthy white and asian men do you see with a black wife or wife not of their race. You will never see the likes of David Beckham with a black wife.

Nene1, are you in-love with a black man who is chasing a white woman? #Justasking #Tomakethingsclearer #Verycontemplative
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by tpia5: 12:52am On Mar 19, 2012
^i dont think she is, or has to be.

some things are very clear and visible to the far sighted, ie when you look beyond immediate gratification.

1 Like

Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by maclatunji: 5:50am On Mar 19, 2012
^You are right but let her answer me question first.
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by cfours: 6:19am On Mar 19, 2012
black folks are so [i]stu[/i]pid. the most backward race in human history.

you've got ppl like the Whites, Jews, Asians, Indians etc keeping their communities wealthier and stronger generation after generation. why can't we do that?
as soon as one black person becomes successful, the first thing he does is either to squander it or to transfer his wealth to a second generation of mullatoes. who then transfer it to a third generation of whites. that success disappears right there!!

some things are very clear and visible to the far sighted, ie when you look beyond immediate gratification.

you nailed it. this is the root of our problem.
in fact in order to be successful at anything one needs to be disciplined and future oriented rather than always seeking immediate self-gratification.

1 Like

Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by Godmann(m): 9:38am On Mar 19, 2012
The answer is simple. We have been brainwashed, enslaved and placed into a difficult inferiority complex in our relationship with the people of the world. Until we are able to assert of ourself; since we can have a government who lead our people into self-belief, self-confidence.

People!!! We have a long way to go. It is all tied to politics. After God, comes politics.

Because Politics shapes everything, economy, culture, even Religion.

1 Like

Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by nene1: 3:02am On Mar 24, 2012
@ maclatunji: I am not in love with anyone and never have been yet. Like tpia said, it doesn't have to be personal for me to observe such a thing. I know I am not the only one who has seen this with black men.

In response to the people who talk about ghetto black women, well how do you explain african men who marry interracially? African women are not ghetto, I think we are very submissive and take care of our domestic duties well even those a lot of us who work and have careers.

And yes, the phenomenon is the same with very successful black women like Oluchi and Iman. When was the last time you saw an african supermodel with an african husband or boyfriend? I don't know if some black people feel that we need to piggy back behind a white person in order to gain acceptance and success. Maybe that could be the case. Could it make it easier to overcome racism and help them integrate.
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by nene1: 3:05am On Mar 24, 2012
c.fours:

as soon as one black person becomes successful, the first thing he does is either to squander it or to transfer his wealth to a second generation of mullatoes. who then transfer it to a third generation of whites. that success disappears right there!!

EXACTO! You nailed it. My entire point summed up so briefly and perfectly. This is why we stay poor b/c we don't keep the wealth within our people and make it grow. If we are honest with ourselves, in every society, it is blacks who are the lowest on the totem pole economically. We don't help advance each other.
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by dayokanu(m): 9:37am On Mar 24, 2012
Maybe if you had stated in your initial post that the issue is with both men and women it would have made more sense than portraying it as a problem with men
Re: Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community by nene1: 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2012
@ dayokanu,

This is not about black men vs. black women so don't turn it into that. Please discuss the topic at hand instead of pointing fingers and playing the blame game as that never solves anything. It is just that it is much more common to see a black man with a white woman than a black woman and white man, but I do acknowledge that many successful black women do the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Starting Daycare / Must There Be A Fight/misunderstanding In A Marriage? / Was I Wrong To Leave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.