Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja (4848 Views)

Tinubu, Aregbesola, Fayemi & Ambode At Awolowo Family For Condolence (pix) / Bomb Scare At Buhari's Campaign Rally Venue In Sokoto / Parents At GSS Abuja School Gate To Pick Kids After Bomb Scare (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by BlackPikiN(m): 12:22am On Mar 17, 2012
Ikeja residents in Lagos and commuters were briefly thrown into confusion on Friday when news of a bomb supposedly planted near Awolowo House made the rounds at about 7 pm.

An abandoned carton was said to have been discovered by traders plying their wares close to the building.

The manner in which the carton was positioned was said to have immediately aroused fears that it contained a bomb.

Commuters and traders alike immediately scampered for safety as news of the supposed bomb spread.

The Public Relations Officer, Anti-Bomb Squad, Lagos State Police Command, Mr. Gbolahan Moronfolu, confirmed the scare to SATURDAY PUNCH.

He said, “We got a call from the Lagos Police Command about some suspected improvised explosive devices planted in a carton by the Awolowo House at Ikeja.

“Immediately, the Commissioner of Police, Anti Bomb Squad, Mr. Adebanjo Foluso, deployed Explosive Ordinance Device bomb technicians to the scene and the carton

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/bomb-scare-at-awolowo-house-ikeja/
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by paulipopo(m): 8:49am On Mar 17, 2012
embarassed
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 17, 2012
i just pray it explodes maybe then my new uranium bomb will be tested in niger state or big northern cities. Eyin omo yooba. E gbe ra nle. Ogun ti ya o
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by Ninilowo(m): 9:06am On Mar 17, 2012
ogun ti ya. Lets show dt awa naa ko derun.
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by jspac(m): 9:08am On Mar 17, 2012
lowgeorge: i just pray it explodes maybe then my new uranium bomb will be tested in niger state or big northern cities. Eyin omo yooba. E gbe ra nle. Ogun ti ya o
Lol
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 17, 2012
lowgeorge: i just pray it explodes maybe then my new uranium bomb will be tested in niger state or big northern cities. Eyin omo yooba. E gbe ra nle. Ogun ti ya o
This guy, u wicked o.
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by ogolope: 10:14am On Mar 17, 2012
Lol
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by gbogboti: 10:23am On Mar 17, 2012
@Mr. Uranium, pray it doesn't happen. Cos if does, ma guy u will do no Jack. We in d south shout too much. Ki ama ton rawa jooooor. The north said it was ready for SNC. The earlier agitators for SNC don keep shut. Guy, take it or leave it. Na north dey rule dis country. When we claim to be d most educated, d most exposed bla bla bla, d Hausa man go just dey laff. Go up north and u go agree with me. The Hausa man will tell u to ur face "we are still colonising u". This country dey fear Hausas big time! No be lie. The funny thing is that they know that u we are scared of them. An Hausa trader in Ondo at d council meeting of Obas told them point blank that; "we put food on your table". What happened? Nothing! Guy, we south-west no get anything o. I go go lie. With all our education, nothing to show for it in the south-west. Only Lagos. Its even too dirty and chocked. Wetin Tinubu do with awa moni sef? Anytime I go Abuja I go just dey vex. Lagos was a former capital for crying out loud! What if it wasn't at all? South-West, we need to think and stop shouting too much! Na we shout pass 4 dis country.
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by moshoodn(m): 10:28am On Mar 17, 2012

maybe we could collabo.

i've got a degree in advanced integratwed biochemical stealth.

we could infuse some high powered mutagenic componds into the uranium bomb. . . you now the end result.
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by moshoodn(m): 10:33am On Mar 17, 2012
moshoodn:

maybe we could collabo.

i've got a degree in advanced integrated biochemical stealth.

we could infuse some high powered mutagenic componds into the uranium bomb. . . you now the end result.

and maybe some carcinogens too
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by born2boink(m): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2012
I was there yesterday. Was about going for a drink then saw people gathering,we gathered for almost 10 to 20 minutes and Nigerian police protecting their citizens,something explode later but it doesn't sound like bomb.everyone ran and a guy beside me feel inside gutter, I ran through agege road too.. Don't come here giving false news, the incident was exactly around 7 pm at the underbridge along awoloway way
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by DTruSon(m): 11:27am On Mar 17, 2012
We only have God to thank that it ends up being a hoax. Truly if anything that has the semblance of a bomb had gone off yesterday, it would only have heralded the begining of an impending doom. The seeming silence in the south west about these errant Boko haram boys' skirmishes in the north is a mirage. The true picture is that of a rocking keg of gun powder that could explode at any moment. The immidiate victims of such an outburst of anger will be the numerous hitherto peaceful community of northerners in the south west. The aftermath of such a violence can only be better imagined than experienced.
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by Baawaa(m): 11:34am On Mar 17, 2012
It was just assumption
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 17, 2012
Based on nuclear fussion or fission ?
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by fm7070: 11:46am On Mar 17, 2012
Boko-haram will dare not try it. Not in the east nor west here.
They too have their fears, they're just trying to be heard forgetting that they're fighting a totally wrong course.
These guys are sponsored by some people who have businesses everywhere, especially in Lagos.
They dare not try nonsense cos they know we'll finish them.
Even MEND appologised for bombing a facility in Lagos the other time even though no life was lost, and they won't try it again
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by juman(m): 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2012

Yoobas don't need to make a single fight on anything nigeria.

Why do yoobas need to wait till the fight begins?
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by FEMARY1: 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2012
I ran through Ogba yesterday instead of through Agege,hehehe. grin grin grin
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by Wily2wily: 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2012
D'TruSon:
We only have God to thank that it ends up being a hoax. Truly if anything that has the semblance of a bomb had gone off yesterday, it would only have heralded the begining of an impending doom. The seeming silence in the south west about these errant Boko haram boys' skirmishes in the north is a mirage. The true picture is that of a rocking keg of gun powder that could explode at any moment. The immidiate victims of such an outburst of anger will be the numerous hitherto peaceful community of northerners in the south west. The aftermath of such a violence can only be better imagined than experienced.
Even if the bomba is real, the real suspect is the children of Akintola, they haven't forgiven Awolowo whom they said his action caused the death of their father. i am sure Akintola children will not rest untill they destroy Awolowo children
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by olyg: 5:31pm On Mar 17, 2012
thank God no lives was lost.Had it been is a bomb,this will provoke the yoruba race and it will lead to thEe END OF THIS FUTURELESS country.YORUBAS WILL GO FOR ODUDUWA REPUBLIC
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by Wily2wily: 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2012
oly g: thank God no lives was lost.Had it been is a bomb,this will provoke the yoruba race and it will lead to thEe END OF THIS FUTURELESS country.YORUBAS WILL GO FOR ODUDUWA REPUBLIC
Must Boko Haran strick before u declare Oduduwa? When Abacha was killing Yorubas, why didn't they declare Oduduwa instead all headed towards Seme border fleeing to Exile.
If Boko Haram bomb any Yorubaland today, history will repeat itself, Seme Border will be widen to contain the mass exodus of Yorubas fleeing to Exile, next thing Nigerians will hear is the establishment of Radio freedom Oduduwa like that of Radio Kudirat.
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2012
Wily2wily:
Must Boko Haran strick before u declare Oduduwa? When Abacha was killing Yorubas, why didn't they declare Oduduwa instead all headed towards Seme border fleeing to Exile.
If Boko Haram bomb any Yorubaland today, history will repeat itself, Seme Border will be widen to contain the mass exodus of Yorubas fleeing to Exile, next thing Nigerians will hear is the establishment of Radio freedom Oduduwa like that of Radio Kudirat.

Declare Oduduwa Republic because of a single miserable lunatic? Why don't you try these timid Yoruba people by doing something really stupi.d? Why must you wait for Boko Haram to do something?
I agree with you, Yorubas will never act, because they are too cowardly. Isn't this is an opportunity for you and your people to give these mouthy people a bloody nose once and for all?
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by BaBaMike: 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2012

Gidigbo,Gidigbo, eayaaaaa,Gidigbo,Gidigbo, eayaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by eklassical(m): 10:46pm On Mar 17, 2012
! dis country!

i cant wait 2 see it get beta!

Been part of dat process of making it beta is reduced by every selfish,corrupt_filled,ojukokoro 9jirians i deal wiv everydae!

I wish i cud love ds country like i used 2...
Re: Bomb Scare At Awolowo House, Ikeja by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2012
honestly yorubas are a wicked lot. Upon how good and eloquent we prove to be. I just pray that the beautiful ones should be born or else an endemical carnage would take over these expressionless cage called 'entity'.

(1) (Reply)

Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts / More Than 400 Private Jets Are Parked At Abuja Airport Now As I Speak. / Buhari Is Sick, Northern Elders Worried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.