Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Testing For Gossip - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Testing For Gossip (1335 Views)

Nairaland Gossip : Obinoscopy And Xcelsia / Men gossip more than women — Study ,,,,,,, / Pikin Go brest Feed Mama (gossip zone) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testing For Gossip by surveycash(m): 10:17am On Mar 18, 2012
In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem. One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said, “Do you know what I just heard about your friend?”

“Hold on a minute,” Socrates replied. “Before telling me anything I’d like you to pass a little test. It’s called the Triple Filter Test.”

“Triple filter?”

“That’s right,” Socrates continued. “Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be a good idea to take a moment and filter what you’re going to say. That’s why I call it the triple filter test. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?”

“No,” the man said, “Actually I just heard about it and ...”

“All right,” said Socrates. “So you don’t really know if it’s true or not. Now let’s try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my friend something good?”

“No, on the contrary…”

“So,” Socrates continued, “you want to tell me something bad about him, but you’re not certain it’s true. You may still pass the test though, because there’s one filter left: the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be useful to me?”

“No, not really …”

“Well,” concluded Socrates, “if what you want to tell me is neither true nor good nor even useful, why tell it to me at all?”

www.epaynaira.net

4 Likes

Re: Testing For Gossip by Ademuyiwa59(m): 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
I lyk this
Re: Testing For Gossip by tpia5: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2013
Nlers and gossip is like water and soap.
Re: Testing For Gossip by ebamma(m): 5:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
I love this

(1) (Reply)

What Do Ants Discuss When They Meet? / A Peek Into The Future 2050 AD - 10, 000 AD & Beyond. (READ, IMAGINE & ENJOY!) / 23 Years Old Boy Impregnate 17 Ladies In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.