Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! (28872 Views)

#myselfesteemandi HELP! I Am OBSESSED With Weight Loss / Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish / ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by kandiikane(m): 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2012
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Tobiustobius: 11:44pm On Mar 18, 2012
I ate white sand when I was a child... For an adult to still be craving sand might be a problem, in my opinion.
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by TSpayne: 9:17am On Mar 19, 2012
The condition is called pica and its a sign of mineral deficiency, especially iron.

1 Like

Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by TSpayne: 9:20am On Mar 19, 2012
@OP you need help, and iron too.
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Ultrame(m): 9:28am On Mar 19, 2012
Get help.
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by JUO(m): 9:36am On Mar 19, 2012
I ate white sand when I was a child... For an adult to still be craving sand might be a problem, in my opinion.
i ate also but as an adult u need to see TB Joshua
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by ayojango(m): 9:39am On Mar 19, 2012
Crazy in d head n sick in d brain
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 19, 2012
The devil wanna use ur appendices to get you to hell....

1 Like

Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by slimyem: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2012
i ate chalk and sand a lot as a kid but,as a grown up?Hell No!
This is better explained by health personnels!
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by stepo707: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2012
@op did you chew or swallowed it directly?
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by 4wardever(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2012
Stop it now cos not only can it damage your teeth, it can lead to gastrointestinal problems such as constipation, abdominal pain, vomiting, loss of appetite, and diarrhea.

BTW, since it was one of your childhood indulgence, you should have gotten over it by now or graduated to eating gravel or rocks. Seriously now, you need help!!!

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Agbenyiess(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2012
You need to see your Pastor...it is not normal.
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2012
This one na freak o.Your husband should be ready to buy enough sand.
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by shadrach77: 10:00am On Mar 19, 2012
it's demonic. Consult a deliverance pastor for thorough deliverance embarassed tongue lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Soocool1(m): 10:00am On Mar 19, 2012
@op just remember to drink water afterwards, u know, for digestion.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by stolenstone: 10:13am On Mar 19, 2012
what a freak!!!!!! U've got a psychiatric problem there, go see a doctor ASAP!!
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Damysa(f): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2012
I also ate sand as a kid. once in a while especially when am pregnant, sometimes when it drizzles and am near a red clay sand there is this aroma I percieve and am just tempted to take a pinch of sand into my mouth or smell it an throw it away.

But 4 u eating sand outrightly, it calls 4 concern. But how do u eat it sef, u just pack it into ur mouth and be chewing or just swallow it.
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 19, 2012
We all ate funny stuffs when we were kids but craving for sand as an adult?
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by bluestreak(m): 10:19am On Mar 19, 2012
no problem nah... business don show. I dey supply fine sand, white sand, sharp sand just name it. u dont even need wait till holiday to enjoy ur sand cakes,sand pies, sand rolls ... Wo! u need spiritual intervention.asap..

6 Likes

Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 19, 2012
Jobless OP... Feeding us with lies.. Y u no mix cement join

1 Like

Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by omeieme: 10:22am On Mar 19, 2012
As a infant i can understand but for an adult shocked..................... You need help!
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by eghost247(m): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2012
4wardever: Stop it now cos not only can it damage your teeth, it can lead to gastrointestinal problems such as constipation, abdominal pain, vomiting, loss of appetite, and diarrhea.

BTW, since it was one of your childhood indulgence, you should have gotten over it by now or graduated to eating gravel or rocks. Seriously now, you need help!!!

A word is enough for the wise.
Lmao
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by deluckiest(m): 10:23am On Mar 19, 2012
I used to eat sand as an adult too, before our house was eventually cemented and painted I was devouring much of it by scraping the block. I knew it was abnormal and weird but I couldn't help myself. Thank God I've gotten over it and now am free as the sight of it don't appeal to me anymore. Sometimes when I look back I wonder how I was able to eat sand that much as an adult and not get sick or dead. I believe God delivered me and am grateful.
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by lifestyle1(m): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2012
grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Natasha2(f): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2012
you need deliverance ASAP, this is very dangerous to your health
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by lifestyle1(m): 10:32am On Mar 19, 2012
grin grin

Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by maclatunji: 10:45am On Mar 19, 2012
kandiikane: So, as children many of us have consumed substances that are "non-nutritive". Eg. Chalk, dirt, mucus etc. I use to eat sand and I thought I have gotten over it but anytime I see pictures of fresh sand I get the urge to eat sand and it drives me mad when I cannot get hold of any. The reasons why I do not just go out in the streets to gather sand is because I require a certain type of sand. White clean sand, that type you see at the beach or in the sahara. I don't like looking at images of sand or videos for a prolonged period of time because I get really agitated when I see it and I cannot access the sand. It's like a smoker going a day without a cigarette. undecided I just want to find out whether any of you ate or eat weird things as a child or adults. I am going on holiday soon and I know I will be in paradise because of the abundance of fresh beach sand.Imagine, what my honeymoon would be like. Sand, sand, sex, sand- absolute heaven grin undecided So is there any harm to eating sand. Mind you, I would only eat fresh white sand. I am quite picky with what I eat. tongue

Deliverance ko postage stamp ni.

You just need to be stronger, repeat these words severally until you actually believe it to be true. I WILL NOT EAT WHITE SAND ANYMORE. I know that people can be different but yours is a craving not a lipsrsealed . So you can deal with it if you set your mind to it.
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Okontami: 10:52am On Mar 19, 2012
Please come and consume all the sand one around my Papa house, they will not have to worry about sweeping everyday

1 Like

Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 19, 2012
deluckiest: I used to eat sand as an adult too, before our house was eventually cemented and painted I was devouring much of it by scraping the block. I knew it was abnormal and weird but I couldn't help myself. Thank God I've gotten over it and now am free as the sight of it don't appeal to me anymore. Sometimes when I look back I wonder how I was able to eat sand that much as an adult and not get sick or dead. I believe God delivered me and am grateful.

Even u too... Nairaland is becoming weird this days ooo
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by polokor60(m): 10:57am On Mar 19, 2012
op,i guess you have heard of appendicitis.keep filling your system with fresh white yummy sand but the surgical blaze ll be useful in getting them out of your system. winkop,i guess you have heard of appendicitis.keep filling your system with fresh white yummy sand but the surgical blaze ll be useful in getting them out of your system.
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by thurpee(m): 10:57am On Mar 19, 2012
kandiikane: So, as children many of us have consumed substances that are "non-nutritive". Eg. Chalk, dirt, mucus etc. I use to eat sand and I thought I have gotten over it but anytime I see pictures of fresh sand I get the urge to eat sand and it drives me mad when I cannot get hold of any. The reasons why I do not just go out in the streets to gather sand is because I require a certain type of sand. White clean sand, that type you see at the beach or in the sahara. I don't like looking at images of sand or videos for a prolonged period of time because I get really agitated when I see it and I cannot access the sand. It's like a smoker going a day without a cigarette. undecided I just want to find out whether any of you ate or eat weird things as a child or adults. I am going on holiday soon and I know I will be in paradise because of the abundance of fresh beach sand.Imagine, what my honeymoon would be like. Sand, sand, sex, sand- absolute heaven grin undecided So is there any harm to eating sand. Mind you, I would only eat fresh white sand. I am quite picky with what I eat. tongue
u need deliverance... Why would an adult eat sand,... Be it white sand or not, sand is sand!
Re: I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! by clemmonce(m): 10:57am On Mar 19, 2012
xpect a tipper of sand as your wedding gift frm me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Man Commits Suicide In Ogun State (Photos) / Girl Thrown Out By Aunt Over Witchcraft Allegation, Is HIV Positive. Photos / Biotechnology Course And Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.