Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles (4974 Views)

Make A Call While Driving And Be Jailed - FRSC Warns / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by supereagle(m): 5:35am On Mar 19, 2012
The Federal Road Safety Corps, Lagos State Sector Command, has warned people not to import right-hand steering vehicles, saying violators will be prosecuted.

The FRSC said the recent influx of right-hand steering vehicles into Nigerian roads especially in Lagos, was worrisome. Right-hand vehicles were banned in 1972.

It said while such vehicles would be impounded, licensing officers who registered them would also be prosecuted.

The FRSC stated this in a press statement by the Head, Public Education of the state command, Ms. Esther Sonusi, on Sunday.

“The growing number of these vehicles poses great dangers to drivers and other road users. Members of the public are warned to desist from importing such vehicles,” it stated.

The FRSC also warned that importing such vehicles with the intention that they could be converted to left steered vehicles was wrong.

It said such conversion “do not conform to maximum technical and safety standards in automobile engineering.”

The FRSC promised to continue its collaborative efforts with relevant stakeholders to address the menace of the continuous influx of right hand steering vehicles into the country.
http://www.punchng.com/metro/frsc-warns-owners-of-right-hand-drive-vehicles/

Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by komek(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2012
I wonder the benefit pple derive in doing the wrong thing. If they want 2 drive right hand,they shud go 2 Japan or south africa na
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by Okijajuju1(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2012
Why do the customs people allow them cars come in at all!!

A Nigga can act a fool all he wants, its the governments job to set a nigga straight!!

Customs should do their work!!
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by Lexusgs430: 10:09am On Mar 19, 2012
Why can't the FRSC have a dialogue with the Government, and suggest alternative options for cheaper cars to feed the insatiable demands of the motorist?
RHD cars are cheaper to buy, hence the influx !
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by sylve11: 10:11am On Mar 19, 2012
the right handed cars are not for naija, i still do not know why some people still bring them to naija . . . .the last time in Warri i saw a guy driving against traffic, only for me to discover the ride is a right handed one . . . .mstwwwwww angry angry cool
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by Pakavy(m): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2012
komek: I wonder the benefit pple derive in doing the wrong thing. If they want 2 drive right hand,they shud go 2 Japan or south africa na
is not even a joyryd driving one.tried one and bliv me i mistook d throttle for d break.
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by Lexusgs430: 10:28am On Mar 19, 2012
Pakavy: is not even a joyryd driving one.tried one and bliv me i mistook d throttle for d break.

I personally question your driving skills. Because the throttle and brake on either vehicle regardless of steering position, are in the same place!!! cool

Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by dapo338(m): 10:32am On Mar 19, 2012
Right hand sided vehicles truely causes confusion on our roads.

www.honeycombcleaners.com.ng
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by SamMilla1(m): 10:33am On Mar 19, 2012
Lagos state frsc just created a new avenue to impound people's cars. This poor information will not get to the importers on time for them to respect the order. They should be given atleast six months to clear the ones already in the ship coming into the country. Besides people dont drive the RHDs here, they convert them to LHDs.
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by Exponental(m): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2012
I once drove a RHD converted n since then, I concluded it's not an option.
Technical engineering can never be perfected by road side converters.
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by Exponental(m): 11:05am On Mar 19, 2012
I once drove a RHD converted n since then, I concluded it's not an option.
Safety engineering can never be perfected by converters.
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by DECOtech(m): 11:52am On Mar 19, 2012
Pakavy: is not even a joyryd driving one.tried one and bliv me i mistook d throttle for d break.
I don't think u've been in a RHD vehicle before grin
I don't think u've been in a RHD vehicle before
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by Pakavy(m): 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2012
Lexusgs430:

I personally question your driving skills. Because the throttle and brake on either vehicle regardless of steering position, are in the same place!!! cool
dont cos this one got everything mixd up!!
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by gee2(m): 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2012
but come to think of it, will FRSC prosecute government officials inclusive policemen cos the use it the most. if that is the case, then others can be punished @ least, it started with those who should make sure laws are obeyed.
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by teskyg: 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2012
They just remember that people have been driving Rit hand cars with total disregard for the ban.am sure they just woke up from sleep.P Sam Milla,why should they be given 6 months?didn't you read in this article too that conversion is still a proble.They should begin outright confiscation and prosecution cos owners of these right hand cars new that its is outlawed in this country and they still go ahead to import it.
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by DrKnow1(m): 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
I will like FRSC to support their argument with statistics of what percentage is the RHD or converted LHD of the total numbers of vehicles involved in accidents. I will also like them to show me which law prohibits the importation of RHD vehicles. If they doubt the technical quality of converted vehicles, they should set up a testing facility and issue a certificate of road worthiness before they are allowed on the road. If people are allowed to import such vehicles and excise duty are paid on them to the government, why should they be banned from converting and using those vehicles?
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by ikeyman00(m): 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2012
@@@@@

well if anyone buys RHD then u should convert it

no point driving around like that in the country

there are lots of expert in ladipo that will get the job done

should some dnt know RHD doesnt necessarily means it cheap

u might be able to save urself less than 200,000 to less naira

thats all
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by femmy2010(m): 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
Sam Milla: Lagos state frsc just created a new avenue to impound people's cars. This poor information will not get to the importers on time for them to respect the order. They should be given atleast six months to clear the ones already in the ship coming into the country. Besides people dont drive the RHDs here, they convert them to LHDs.

Their has always been a ban on importation of RHD vehicles but peeps still induce customs to clear them and Licensingn officers to register them.
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by dmainboss: 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
Sam Milla: Lagos state frsc just created a new avenue to impound people's cars. This poor information will not get to the importers on time for them to respect the order. They should be given atleast six months to clear the ones already in the ship coming into the country. Besides people dont drive the RHDs here, they convert them to LHDs.

People like u only add to the confusion. Are you 5 years old? So you don't know it is wrong to drive a RHD in naija? In fact, you don't know it is wrong to use a different hand drive to the adopted one in any country? You must require primary school education all over again? So FRSC should give importers who are breaking the law six months to round up their breaking of the law, abi? Arrow!
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by adctrl: 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2012
I tire for our goverment o. It is only in 9ja that government will never make life easy and still victimise whoever does.
As someone has rightly said, if they are so concern about the safety of these vehicles, they should set-up or use existing centres to ensure the vehicles conform and pass any tests when converted.
Really I don't blame them because they use new cars with our emblezzle money and will still go after the poor people who try to make life a bit comfortable for themselves.
Accidents happen in 9ja anyway and I'm sure the so-called FRSC cannot produce any figures to support whatever argument they may put forward.
Almost all limo and Escalade and all the Hummers in the UK are LHD and the gov have not confiscated them.
All these our blind leaders should face to the real problems or get a life.
Re: FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles by arbiekay: 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2012
dmainboss:

People like u only add to the confusion. Are you 5 years old? So you don't know it is wrong to drive a RHD in naija? In fact, you don't know it is wrong to use a different hand drive to the adopted one in any country? You must require primary school education all over again? So FRSC should give importers who are breaking the law six months to round up their breaking of the law, abi? Arrow!

Have U ever travelled outta d country or have anyone abroad cos right hand cars are been used by some people in Canada whose officially use the LHD cars

My Nissan Premera 2.0 Is Consuming More Fuel ? / INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic) / My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling