Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint (7090 Views)

Ministerial List: Saraki, Lawan Feud May Complicate Issues For Buhari– Uzamere / Tinubu: "Election Postponement Is Democracy At Gunpoint" / Britain Aided Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon, Says Senator Uzamere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Ilekokonit: 6:01am On Mar 19, 2012
Sunday, March 18, 2012
Driver robs Senator at gunpoint
by John Alechenu

Senator Edoghie Uzamere, of the Action Congress of Nigeria representing Edo South, received more than he bargained for when his driver of seven years, robbed him at gunpoint on Friday evening.

Uzamere, who narrated his ordeal to newsmen in Abuja, on Saturday, said the incident was a traumatic experience for him and his household.

According to him, the driver, Mohammed Ibrahim, who is in his mid-thirties and a native of Niger State, put a gun to his head and dispossessed him of cash and other valuables.

He said his once trusted aide pointed the weapon at his head, dragged him out of his black Mercedes Benz S 430 and sped off with a briefcase containing an undisclosed but substantial sum of money and very important documents.

The senator, who was on his way to Benin, the Edo state capital for the convention of the Action Congress of Nigeria, said he was happy to be alive.

Uzamere said, “It was around 12pm on Friday. We were on the way to the airport when I decided to check my briefcase.

“I discovered that part of the money inside had been taken. I asked my driver how that came to be since I left him in the car earlier when I went to the Chinese Embassy.

“I felt I would need some money for the activities slated for the convention. So I said he should take me back let me find a solution to the missing money.

“But just before we reached my house, the driver suddenly parked the car, came to my side and put a pistol on my head. He dragged me out and drove off.”

It was gathered that the driver who was described as very religious had over the years wormed his way into the hearts of most of the family members.

The suspect later put a call through to a member of the Uzamere household and told them to pick the vehicle somewhere within the Life camp area in Abuja.

The matter has been reported to the Utako police station.
http://www.punchng.com/news/driver-robs-senator-at-gunpoint/
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by ifyalways(f): 9:35am On Mar 19, 2012
Armed robber obtaining a thief.Good for them both.
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Baawaa(m): 9:38am On Mar 19, 2012
About to started!!
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Abujabir24: 9:38am On Mar 19, 2012
The man would just steal the public's money to replace his stolen money
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 19, 2012
Maybe the Senator dey do chop alon, so the thing don provoke the driver grin

1 Like

Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Baawaa(m): 9:42am On Mar 19, 2012
Armed robber obtaining a thief.Good for them both

It better this way"ARM ROBBER(Driver) obtained PEN ROBBER(Senator)" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by tellwisdom: 9:42am On Mar 19, 2012
I will make sure i rob that driver also angry angry. He cant chop dat money alone sad sad

Please find him fr me angry angry
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Godmann(m): 9:45am On Mar 19, 2012
odiaero: Maybe the Senator dey do chop alon, so the thing don provoke the driver grin

So long as what the driver did is bad, it is very possible for s driver to be motivated to rob his boss, after seeing the amount of money they steal from the public. Evil begets evil!
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Rooneyboy(m): 9:49am On Mar 19, 2012
Undisclosed !
Y didn't they disclose the amount , I suspect it wasn't even in naira , for it to have just been in a briefcase
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 19, 2012
*Whistling* One day bush meat go catch the hunter.....

2 Likes

Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Okijajuju1(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2012
The Driver was a sharp guy!

Im sure he has seen Oga with a shitload of money before now but was calm. . . This time it was most likely in foreign currency and he just couldnt resist!!!
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2012
moroh: *Whistling* One day bush meat go catch the hunter.....

cheesy I was just going to say the same words
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 19, 2012
Okija_juju: The Driver was a sharp guy!

Im sure he has seen Oga with a shitload of money before now but was calm. . . This time it was most likely in foreign currency and he just couldnt resist!!!

I tell ya! That exactly how it happened. Most likely $$$
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2012
Sharp guy, he don collect him own dividend of democracy.

1 Like

Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by sylve11: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2012
the robbed that smile! public currency don finish be that. cool
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by JUO(m): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2012
whats difference?
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 19, 2012
black S430...in the midst of poverty...Na waoh. how won't he be robbed.
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by tolu001: 10:27am On Mar 19, 2012
Thief stealing from a fellow thief. No case!
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by polokor60(m): 10:29am On Mar 19, 2012
;Dsharp guy getting his dividend of democracy. :Dsharp guy getting his dividend of democracy.
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by AjanleKoko: 10:31am On Mar 19, 2012
The guy snapped cheesy
After seeing ghana must go after ghana must go shared between politicians, pimps, and easy girls, the guy just snapped, and decided he was going to get his.
I'm sure he must be on some lousy pay. grin
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by mufc009(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2012
The bush meat deserve a national honour.
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by deandavid(m): 10:54am On Mar 19, 2012
oh i love dis news, rob all d theivin politicians, they cant live in peace in dis country.
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by bluestreak(m): 11:00am On Mar 19, 2012
I like dat jare... one day d poor will have nothing to eat but the rich.. e don start. na small small
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 19, 2012
The guy don taya and felt he needed to get some.

Sure they mustve been paying him 70k per month. Thief tiff thief= no case. File closed.
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by andyanders: 11:17am On Mar 19, 2012
Its even better for these politicians who display wealth as if they are from another planet. Let them rob themselves. If OPC, GBOKO HARRAM,MASOB AND OTHERS will be looking for these thieves in government houses, better.

The guy must have suffered in his hands and maybe he was going back home to kill the guy and the guy acted faster than him. Do not be surprised the same man gave him the gun to hold.
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by misterh(m): 11:18am On Mar 19, 2012
Dear senator, as long as there's life, there will be another opportunity to replace the stolen money with another stolen one. Driver, go & eat the life of your head joor...*winks*. NEXT PLS
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by babs4president: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2012
Baawaa: About to started!!
. I sincerely think d revolutn is really abt 2 start
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by dadicvila(m): 11:59am On Mar 19, 2012
Rooneyboy: Undisclosed !
Y didn't they disclose the amount , I suspect it wasn't even in naira , for it to have just been in a briefcase
your head dey dia
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by dadicvila(m): 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2012
hehehe....i envy that driver,if that cash is in dollars as i think it is he should be on his way out of the hole called Naija by now
Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2012
Mtscheeeew And he is proud to come to public and said he was robbed. When he has been robbing the driver( masses) for sooo long

1 Like

Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by kokoA(m): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
That driver deserves the highest National honour of the land. Keep it up boy! All other drivers of politicians should learn from his examplary act.

1 Like

Re: Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2012
...and in another news 'The Driver who robbed a Senator at Gun point has decided to contest his former boss's senatorial seat'..wish this were true, i will vote the driver sharp

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okada Are Restricted On 475 Out Of 9,100 Roads – Opeifa. / Buhari Is Too Weak IBB / Uncovered:Federal University Lafia Pictures Is Actually Covenant Univ Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.