Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

How Do I Prepare A Rich Salad? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Prepare A Rich Salad? (4840 Views)

How To Prepare A Nutritious Garri Soaked In Water / Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Prepare A Rich Salad? by Yemoooo: 8:21am On Mar 19, 2012
Can anyboby in the house tell me the ingredient needed in preparing a rich salad and also teach me how to prepare it? Thank you.
Re: How Do I Prepare A Rich Salad? by MyJoe: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2012
Salad is not complicated. Just use what you can get where you live.

1. Cabbage
2. Carrots
3. Green peas
4. Lettuce
5. Other stuff - from spinach to raisins, from brocolli to sunflower seeds. I've even heard of onions in salad!

You can purchase these and cut them up yourself, except for (3) which you don't have to cut. In the alternative you can purchase the canned stuff with all most of the above already cut up and mixed together.

Next stage is to add cream to hold the vegetables together and make them good to eat. The commonest thing to use is salad cream/mayonnaise. If you are a vegetarian or a health-conscious eater, you may have to find an alternative, as salad cream/mayonnaise contains egg yolk and vinegar, among other "bad" stuff. The way I see it, the best thing invented for vegetarians and health-conscious eaters yet is vegennaise - believe me, that stuff is better than sex! smiley If you are in Nigeria, you will find it very hard to lay your hands on vegennaise. And if you do, it's very expensive. But it may be well worth it.

If you won't do salad cream/mayonaise and can't find vegennaise, you may have to try milk, cheese or anything else. I won't recommend those Italian or Lebanese coloured water they label "salad dressing" and pack in shops all over Victoria Island.

How to prepare.

You simply add some cream (start with small quantities) to the vegetables (which you already cut to small pieces) and mix thoroughly.

Enjoy! smiley

Edit: The above is just a type of salad, perhaps the most common. There are other types - "fruit salad", "potato salad", "chicken salad", etc. I have even sighted something called "African salad".

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prepare A Rich Salad? by MyJoe: 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2012
Double post.
Re: How Do I Prepare A Rich Salad? by Abujafood: 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
Depends on what you mean by rich salad! But I can mention Spicy Chicken Salad to you!
Re: How Do I Prepare A Rich Salad? by SirAmnoj(m): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hi
I would like you to please take the time to complete this Consumer Assessment Questionnaire on a South-Eastern originated meal, Abacha (African Salad). If you would like to, please click the link below. It is a secure google link and so you don't have to worry about it being an internet risk.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ucJQr9GTTikm7ewQQilBOrAGlSuO7Z3Ed4C0VV9K6Uw/viewform?usp=send_form

This questionnaire is conducted as part of a wider research. All responses are confidential and all respondents are kept anonymous. The feedback from this research shall not be disclosed to any third party but for the specific purpose of this research work.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Name Of Best Of Wine Types / Healthy Nigerian Meals For Diabetic Patients / Bakery Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.