Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,245 members, 7,780,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:27 PM

What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? (17975 Views)

The Black Race Is A Disgrace And Curse To Humanity.. / The Black Race Is Unintelligent. / Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by Denise216(f): 5:34am On Apr 01, 2012
And one thing I have noticed amongst them is that they bash Africans whenever its convenient and claim Africas greatness when it suits them! But its cool.

There are 2 things I can't stomach; shellfish and cultural hypocrisy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jytykG3SIHI
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 01, 2012
Who built up America if not for African slaves?

Who added substance to life if not for African entertainers, we (Africans) even contributed to world-wide music style of today wit out polyphonic melodies.

If not for African slaves, half of amendments made to the US constitution to "guarantee" equal livelihood (bullshoit) today may have never been possible.

You have African immigrants of today building up America's economy as students and workers.

etc etc.

1 Like

Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by igbo2011(m): 3:43am On Apr 02, 2012
‎"Eurocentric historians argue that Europe gave civilization to Africa, which is a coomplete inversion of the truth. The first civiulized Europeans were the Greeks, who were chiefly civilized by the Africans of the Nile Valley. The Greeks transmitted this culture to the Romans, who finally lost it, bringing on a dark age of five hundred years. Civilization was restored to Europe when another group of Africans, the Moors, brought this dark age to an end, meanwhile recivilizing the Christian barbarians of Europe."-from The Story of the Moors by Stanlet Lane-Poole

The Greeks were said to create geometry but how can the pyramids be built without the Pythagorean theorem? Africans already had that. The Washington monument is a representation of an obelisk. African origins of math, science, astronomy, technology, architecture, art, etc. Read up on the Dogon tribe they are great too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by igbo2011(m): 3:59am On Apr 02, 2012
Read books and watch lectures by Basil Davidson, Chaunncler Williams, Anta Diop, Ivan Sertima, Drusilla Houston, JA Rogers, John Henrik Clarke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58l3kqcW-zY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY88N6q8Ru8
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by jantavanta(m): 9:35am On Apr 02, 2012
@Nebeuwa It will be very helpful for all children of african descent to learn these when they are still in infancy
because that is where their mis-education begins. When they become professional scientists, engineers and doctors,
their minds are already "hard-coded" with caucasian imagery.

The medical and engineering Journals that our nigerian professionals depend on (and contribute to) will never write
about these african-americans.
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by Nebeuwa(m): 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2012
jantavanta: @Nebeuwa It will be very helpful for all children of african descent to learn these when they are still in infancy
because that is where their mis-education begins. When they become professional scientists, engineers and doctors,
their minds are already "hard-coded" with caucasian imagery.

The medical and engineering Journals that our nigerian professionals depend on (and contribute to) will never write
about these african-americans.

I feel that many Africans do not know many of the scientific contributions that African Americans have made to the world. Many goods that people use everyday were invented by African Americans, but people do not mention their accomplishments. Blacks people around the world are able to invent things, when they put their minds to it. We are no different from anyone else, and I would hope people will realize that one day.

The names that I have mentioned are only a few of the hundreds of blacks that have contributed to technology and scientific achievement.
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by morpheus24: 4:37pm On Apr 03, 2012
screw all the inventions. Thats a trick questions. What have blacks contributed, well thats easy

800 million people on the planet who are alive and healthy wink
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by Nebeuwa(m): 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2012
morpheus24: screw all the inventions. Thats a trick questions. What have blacks contributed, well thats easy

800 million people on the planet who are alive and healthy wink

Or you can say our earliest African ancestors populated the Earth. Therefore, everyone is descended from an African. It does not matter if you are European, Asian or Native American. cheesy

Your ancestors came from the motherland.

1 Like

Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by Rgp92: 8:07pm On Apr 03, 2012
jantavanta: The White Race have skillfully re-writen history for the Black Race to believe that all inventions are
a White Man's revelation.

Writing in began in Africa! Mathematics and electronic science as well as civil engineering. We did not need Galileo
to tell us that the Sun was the center of the solar system.
It was only after Napoleon raided Egypt with a team of european researchers/looters that we started hearing
of Fourier trigonmetric series and electromagnetism.

The ancient african texts that were used to form the Torah, Bible and Koran
contain inventions written in a symbolic language. For example,
a "chariot of fire" is a rocket engine. "Commandments" are a set of commands; an instruction set for
a microprocessor made from Silicon, which is the primary constituent of a "clay tablet". The fabrication atmosphere
has to be "holy"; completely dust free. The integrated circut is etched using "a bright light"; ultraviolet-photolithograpy.

All Black children in this world are taught in schools to believe that inventions are
are not their domain.

Clap clap. Best post in this thread.
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by Nebeuwa(m): 10:56pm On May 07, 2012
African American inventions are used around the world. It shows what we have contributed to the world.
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by naijarican(f): 12:36am On May 08, 2012
Nebeuwa:

The term is African American. I do not know when Black American came into the lexicon, but most blacks in the United States prefer the term African American. And I am very proud to be half African American, since I was born to a Nigerian father and an African American mother. My people have accomplished a lot in the United States even though they were faced with a lot of adversity.

See, I'm different in this aspect. I do not like the moniker "AFRICAN AMERICAN". I prefer to be called BLACK American or American of African Descent. As I descend from beautiful West Africans.
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by naijarican(f): 12:45am On May 08, 2012
Nnenna1: ^^It seems the opposite in a lot of places. Quite a few African Americans are quick to drop "African" from their identity and roll along with being just American Blacks.

Not that I blame them sometimes. It is natural to associate oneself with success and distance oneself from the opposite. African Americans in a bid for survival and self-determination will think: why settle for "lowly" Africa when we already are a part of America (most powerful empire of the 20-21st century)- even if we have had a raw deal in American history? Much as I admire their historical strength of will don't you think that there is an inkling of truth in AA being the most european-like Blacks in the Americas?

Sad but true sad . Although you can find African Americans who take pride in their African heritage. Like yourself -seeing as you have a an AA mother and Nigerian dad you're more likely to find such AA's in your circle.

My father is an american born man of Nigerian/American heritage and my mother is of Black American and Puerto Rican American ethnicities. But I'm one of the ones who would tell anyone in a hot second that my father is African American and I (his daughter) am American of African descent. It doesn't come from a lack of pride in Africa, if that were the case, I wouldn't be here. It comes more from what is more of an accurate descripton in my opinion.
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by anonymous6(f): 1:32pm On May 08, 2012
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by Fulaman198(m): 6:34pm On May 08, 2012
badmrkt: looking at all the inventions and their inventors it is clearly seen that the white demoninate field.
what's happening to the blacks?does it mean they can't invent or what?tell me what a black man both dead and alive has done to help transform the world.

Ancient Egypt, and before you get on your high horse and lie to yourself that Ancient Egypt wasn't black, one white honest guy tells the truth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TRBVMGugx8

That said, Blacks have contributed Music, Food (coffee, rice, etc. etc.) I just don't want to have to list the thousands of things. But you sound very naive
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 30, 2012
Interesting thread. smiley
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 30, 2012
Do you think America's law system would be as refined as it is now if not for the fight black ppl had to put up for their liberty, freedom and pursuit of happiness? Even tho the law system is still not fair to us, it has improved from what it was.

Do you think without black ppl's plight across the world. . . . lemme stop.
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by broswilli: 11:33am On Aug 06, 2014
Elijah McCoy
Invention: Oil-Dripping Cup
Automatic lubricator for oiling the steam engines of locomotives and boats.

Elijah McCoyAfro-Canadian inventor and engineer. After studying engineering in Edinburgh, Scotland, and returning home to Canada, he found work as a fireman and oiler at the Michigan Central Railroad. In a home-based machine shop in Ypsilanti, McCoy invented an automatic lubricator for oiling the steam engines of locomotives and boats. For this he obtained his first patent, "Improvement in Lubricators for Steam-Engines" (U.S. Patent 129,843 ) on July 23rd, 1872. Similar automatic oilers had been patented previously; one is the displacement lubricator which had already attained widespread use and whose technological descendants continued to be widely used into the 20th century.

Lubricators were a boon for railroads, allowing trains to run faster and more profitably with less need to stop for lubrication and maintenance.

Nebeuwa: Other inventors tried to copy McCoy's oil-dripping cup. But none of the other cups worked as well as his, so customers started asking for "the real McCoy." That's where the expression comes from.

This is the most popular black inventor, popularized by the phrase "The real McCoy".
Re: What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? by tpiar: 12:48am On Feb 26, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Social Rules That May Help You / Igbo And Yoruba Marriages? / Hausa Fulani Women Are The Most Faithful Women In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.